• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 |OT| The Edge of the World

True, people value their play-styles differently. But I feel like some people should get familiar with the levels and A.I positions rather than frustrate themselves to death by going full ghost in their first playthrough

Hell, do you know of the no-kill trophy for Chapters 13 and 14 for Uncharted 4? I did that on Crushing... it took me 5 fucking hours to get it right. I didn't move on in the game until I did it right.

I believe I've deduced the identity of Emily's secret lover: Wyman.

From the letters, we know that Wyman:

-Is of noble birth.
-Travels frequently.
-Writes with fairly dramatic prose.
-Has a good sense of humor.
-Is not above breaking the law for love (tobacco smuggling).

Knowing this, I asked myself: Doesn't this all sound very similar? A displaced nobleman who wanders the world, melting the heart of powerful women with romance and humor?

Of course it does. Ladies and gentlemen... I give you the true identity of Wyman:

the_witcher_3_poet_under_pressure_walkthrough.jpg

Is there a way to tone down the AI or something? Because the detection is too sensitive for stealth to be any fun. I liked the first game, and I like everything about this one except having to play it. :(

WGMBY

Just finished the Clockwork Mansion, that was a ton of fun. I'm really enjoying the game so far, even without using most of the powers. The levels are well put together and have clever routes around pretty much everything if you're willing to take the time to find them.

Guys, I swear to god I just snuck up on two guards and when i shot one with the crossbow, his bro got scared and fell off the tower to his death. 10/10

Just finished mission 4. I can see why people don't like it, kind of like a mild version of a water temple and dealing with a whole new type of enemy can be frustrating. I thought it was super ambitious and enjoyed it, the area and target gave me a Bioshock vibe.

I'm doing a no kill run so I had to be careful to make the them go berserk or clear the area of potential bodies before taking them out. I found it easiest to take off their heads and just sneak around them.

I'm sure I missed a ton of the level, I missed 2 bone charms that I just couldn't figure out where they were. Spent 3.5 hours in it. Also missed half the gold but that's par for me on every mission so far.

Satch

Banned
uh i think i just confused those robots and made them explode

they detected me and then i used far reach into cover and then i heard a bunch of noise and i looked into the room and there was robo-debris all over the floor. i think there were three in the room before, but after that happened there was only one

has that happened for anyone else?

uh i think i just confused those robots and made them explode

they detected me and then i used far reach into cover and then i heard a bunch of noise and i looked into the room and there was robo-debris all over the floor. i think there were three in the room before, but after that happened there was only one

has that happened for anyone else?

Did you use a lever that changed the configuration of the room?

Agree on the sound. The directional sound placement in the game is totally off. You hear a voice that should by all accounts indicate the person is next to you but in reality they are off on another floor, room, or even building lol. Also choking NPC's triggers a foot stepping sound, wtf?

Anung

Un Rama
Yeah the sound sucks ass. I just set an alarm clock off to lure one guard from one room to the next and it alerted the entire building and then some.

It's like the one thing you shouldn't fuck up in a stealth game.

Satch

Banned
ohhhhh my god
this fucking dog thing
scared the SHIT out of me wtffffff

EDIT OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG THERE ARE THINGS IN HEREEEEE
their shoes make so much noise

AHA-Lambda

Fuck that puzzle in mission 6!

Wasted over an hour trying to do it on my own, gave up and the solution given makes NO sense from the clues.

my transcript said natsiou was on the far left
she was 4th in the row!

Furious, I've wasted so much time now over a broken puzzle.

Just wondering, did anyone else have problems with the puzzle in mission 6?

Zaph

I'm doing a stealth/no kill playthrough, but it says I killed a civilian during mission 2? I didn't even knock any civilians out.

Is the game buggy or did I do something that kills a civilian without realising it?

Teggy

How do you kill the clockwork soldiers. Getting really irritated right now.

You should read the documents :)

They have wooden shielding over their arms. Cut/shoot off the wood and your next slice will take their arm off. Hacking is the much better option, though. You can also shoot their head off and they will attack anyone.

nOoblet16

You should read the documents :)

They have wooden shielding over their arms. Cut/shoot off the wood and your next slice will take their arm off. Hacking is the much better option, though. You can also shoot their head off and they will attack anyone.

I just do death from above and it takes out their heads, then use a bomb/mine whatever...but if not I'll just do death from above again.

If I didn't have anything to climb on I'd just make a high jump and do it...lol

Skilletor

Is there a way to tone down the AI or something? Because the detection is too sensitive for stealth to be any fun. I liked the first game, and I like everything about this one except having to play it. :(

Yeah...this is stupid. There's something and this is just plain unfun to play. People are literally seeing me through walls and there are so many enemies that getting through levels is more trial and error than it felt in the first game.

Ugh.

Dragnet

I believe I've deduced the identity of Emily's secret lover: Wyman.

From the letters, we know that Wyman:

-Is of noble birth.
-Travels frequently.
-Writes with fairly dramatic prose.
-Has a good sense of humor.
-Is not above breaking the law for love (tobacco smuggling).

Knowing this, I asked myself: Doesn't this all sound very similar? A displaced nobleman who wanders the world, melting the heart of powerful women with romance and humor?

Of course it does. Ladies and gentlemen... I give you the true identity of Wyman:

Spoilers:
This is straight up told to us in the (canon) novel that takes place between D1 and D2 actually, so good work!

Wanderer5

Chapter 5 was pretty nice.

It was kind of funny. I pretty much went to deal with Breanna Ashworth non-lethally almost right away, and after it was done (and thankfully not bugged), I had the whole place to myself to explore, beside some bloodflies, with everyone unconscious lol. Was cool being able to talk to the Delilah statue too.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Is the same type of world State mechanic in this one where by killing over a certain amount of enemies gives you a different ending? How does morality work?

I want to go stealth but want a little flexibility every now and then if need be but was on media blackout so not sure consequences

jrcbandit

How do you kill the clockwork soldiers. Getting really irritated right now.

Shock mines work the best, grenades also do a decent job. Death from above to the head is another option. I just got an upgrade that lets my bullets stun the clockwork soldiers but haven't tested it yet.

Top Bottom