• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 |OT| The Edge of the World

Corvo power set >>> Emily power set

It's amazing how not good the va and writing in this game is despite how interesting the world is.nfirst game had the same problem tbf

Yeah. Stephen Russell is bland, Rosario dawson added a tid of gruff to her normal voice, Vincent d'onofrio is overacting to the goddamn hills(at least he sounds like he's having fun), and the guy from Gotham sounds like he does on Gotham.

I like Emily's VA, Jindosh, and the Clockwork soldiers.

Foxxsoxx

i like the game and all but for some reason i'm feeling bored of it, i'm at
mission 7
and i don't know if the game is boring because there is almost nothing new from the first game or the missions aren't as good as the first game

Same. I should be finding this interesting but I really just can't get into it like I did D1.

I just spent over 3 hours stealthily and non lethally completing all the objectives and collecting all the stuff in mission 2.

Mission complete screen:
Runes: 9/10
Bodies detected: 2
Detected: 2

tom-cruise-no.gif

The heart wasn't showing anymore Runes tho game?? Get te fuck

Jb

Stilton's
mansion was really fantastic. Overall the levels have been really memorable and exciting to explore. However for the care and love put into the world building I wish they'd spend a little more time in making the main narrative arc more interesting than "X did something to you, work your way up her lieutenants and confront her". A lot of games use this framework but it's just not very exciting.

Zesh

What's the recommended path to experience the most content possible in mission 6?

Can I hand over one of the gang leaders and still solve the riddle? Or should I take out both gangs and then solve the riddle, or something else?

i like the game and all but for some reason i'm feeling bored of it, i'm at
mission 7
and i don't know if the game is boring because there is almost nothing new from the first game or the missions aren't as good as the first game

How can the missions be "worse" than the first game when they basically consisted of kill/eliminate this guy or kidnap/save this person?

good, but the layout of that place is so confusing.

If you don't want
Jindosh babbling at you every several seconds, you should use the window ceiling from above at the first room with the lever. Don't use any lever or kill any patrolling or alerted Clockwork Soldier until you deal with Jindosh if you don't want to hear him babbling

Tovarisc

What's the recommended path to experience the most content possible in mission 6?

Can I hand over one of the gang leaders and still solve the riddle? Or should I take out both gangs and then solve the riddle, or something else?

If you are nonlethal;
Knockout both leaders and explore whole map. You will find ways to deal with them without anyone dying. You can also find answer for riddle, but also try solve it yourself at any time. Solving it basically ends mission tho

d00d3n

How do I get to this rune in the second (first real) level as Corvo? Some type of possession required to get behind the bars? The place is near the Overseer building.
runebehindbars2jux0.jpg

So I just had to scrap almost 2 hours of playtime because apparently at some point I accidentally killed someone and didn't realize it and due to a fuckup with my save points (my fault) I had to start the mission over from the beginning.

Going for No Kill/Ghost run.

Zesh

If you are nonlethal;
Knockout both leaders and explore whole map. You will find ways to deal with them without anyone dying. You can also find answer for riddle, but also try solve it yourself at any time. Solving it basically ends mission tho
Ah, yes, should have mentioned; doing a ghost and clean hands run. Thanks for the advice; I'll do that.

NeatoKuni

I just finished a ghost/mostly flesh and steel/clean hands run in one shot of D1 recently using a guide and I'm attempting to do the same but on my own for my first playthrough of D2. I'm at the last stretch of mission 4 where you need to
bring sokolov to the boat
. It's feels like getting back to complete a mission is the hardest part when stealthing lol. It's frustrating sometimes but really satisfying when i get it right.

hughesta

Banned
I can't really miss anything aside from gold and lore in the prologue level right? Should I just
get on the ship?
the inner completionist in me is torn.

shiba5

I just spent over 3 hours stealthily and non lethally completing all the objectives and collecting all the stuff in mission 2.

Mission complete screen:
Runes: 9/10
Bodies detected: 2
Detected: 2

tom-cruise-no.gif

The heart wasn't showing anymore Runes tho game?? Get te fuck

Did you use the heart before you left the Dreadful Wale?

NeatoKuni

mission 4

pulled out an oil tank to turn off wall of light and then placed sokolov on the ground. the impact of me placing his body was close enough to the tank to make it explode.
mission failed.

also has anyone had an issue with not being able to save? the option is grayed out for me for some reason? i'm at the last part of mission 4 on ps4

Jb

mission 4

pulled out an oil tank to turn off wall of light and then placed sokolov on the ground. the impact of me placing his body was close enough to the tank to make it explode.
mission failed.

Oil tanks seem really fragile in this game. I removed one from a zapper and placed it on a small slope and it tipping was enough to make it go boom and kill me.

Does distracting enemies with bottles and alarms invalidate a ghost run, or am I only fully spotted when the lightning bolt turns red and they shout "it's Corvo!"?
Also, what does each HUD toggle affect? I'd like to keep some stuff on, like interactive item highlights, enemy awareness thunderbolt, but there's some that I have no idea what they affect.

Fury451

Banned
I'm in the last level and the story is like eh? whatever.

I really don't like the way they handled having Corvo and Emily in the same game.

I'm probably a little over halfway through, but I kind of agree with this so far. They probably should have locked you into playing Emily for the first play through babe opening Corvo later, that way they could tell a pretty focused and interesting narrative. It feels like her story anyway.

However the fact that they design each level to be accessible to both characters and their power sets must've taken a good amount of work so I don't want to diminish that either.

The story work the first game because it was fairly straightforward but with pretty strong characters despite Corvo not speaking. Here, the story is pretty straightforward too but the characters don't seem to be as well written or something. I'm not sure what my issue is with it just yet but it feels off.

JHall

Mission 6

Solved the Jindosh Riddle in under an hour! It wasn't too bad, just a lot of trial and error.

Edit: If anyone is having trouble with it, use this website. They've made a table to make it a little more clear and organized.

Does distracting enemies with bottles and alarms invalidate a ghost run, or am I only fully spotted when the lightning bolt turns red and they shout "it's Corvo!"?
Also, what does each HUD toggle affect? I'd like to keep some stuff on, like interactive item highlights, enemy awareness thunderbolt, but there's some that I have no idea what they affect.

Information Message, for example, basically tells you if you are near a rune/bonecharm and tells you to use the heart.

Distracting enemies with bottles should be okay, but I'm not sure if distracting them with alarms invalidate ghost. You're fully spotted when the lighting bolt turns red and most enemies an area will come in with swords

Curufinwe

I want to do high chaos on my first play thru.

Is one character better suited to that? I'm at the point now where I have to choose.

Just arrived in Clockwork Mansion and I'm loving it now. Just had to readjust to the Dishonored gameplay style. I kinda wish the opening was just a bit more streamlined/accomodating.

bunkitz

I've already clocked in at 14 hours, but I've only just finished The Clockwork Mansion. Guess all those retries (I'm trying to stop myself from loading my save as soon as I get caught or end up killing) are counted towards time played? Or maybe I really do take forever in each mission...

The Clockwork Mansion was really cool, though I didn't really play with it so much since I was aiming for the "Silence" trophy. The Clockwork Soldiers were so damn fun to fight, though. It feels so damn good not having to hold back. Bit at the end when
the witches showed up
freaked me out, though. Had to just keep running, hahaha.

SkylineRKR

This game is good. In Mission 7 now, which is excellent.

The level design is complex, and you can tackle missions how you see fit. Mission 6 is a good example of that. I bet everyone does this one differently,
I brought the dead Overseer to Paolo and finished it like that.

I have a hard time staying stealthy but the more I focused on finding runes I made myself stronger, Domino is really good for taking out multiple enemies with one move. So the amount of enemies is severe, your tools are up to deal with it.

Vic_Viper

This game is really pulling story beats straight from the headlines. I mean they have a Clown Killer lol. Atleast thats what is sounds like to me everytime I hear them say it.

nOoblet16

I finished it and I was kind of like eh..whatever.
Chapter 3, chapter 4 and especially chapter 8 were great...everything else felt kind of so so.

They decided not to use perfect opportunity for character and relationship development, shame really.

Exactly.
When they said "Play as Emily or Corvo" I got the impression that you could play as whoever you wanted, whenever you wanted while the other appears as NPC while playing. The fact that you have a mission base where you go back to after each mission which does fuck all except allowing for designers to have diverse locations without actually having to have them connected.

Jb

I want to do high chaos on my first play thru.

Is one character better suited to that? I'm at the point now where I have to choose.

I think Emily's power would be a better fit for your playthrough.
Upgrading Far Reach to launch enemies towards you is soooooo useful and fun.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Up to mission 4 now. This game is Thief-tier as far as level design goes. The aesthetic is working for me more than the first game, but no where near Thief in that regard.

Really loving it. My only complaint are the quick load times on PS4. I wonder if they are faster on a Pro.

Tovarisc

Exactly.
When they said "Play as Emily or Corvo" I got the impression that you could play as whoever you wanted, whenever you wanted while the other appears as NPC while playing. The fact that you have a mission base where you go back to after each mission which does fuck all except allowing for designers to have diverse locations without actually having to have them connected.

I think being able to swap at will would mess with narrative too much, but closing the door on character and relationship development like they do is shame. Why not to have e.g. Corvo as NPC in base of operations, someone to have dialogue etc. with?

Vic_Viper

What are the recommended first few abilities I should spend my runes on? Are there any must have for the beginning of the game?

nOoblet16

I think being able to swap at will would mess with narrative too much, but closing the door on character and relationship development like they do is shame. Why not to have e.g. Corvo as NPC in base of operations, someone to have dialogue etc. with?

I don't think it'd change much or anything at all about the actual story, beside whatever changes there may be to the narrative, it can be written in a way to accommodate for that. When I say at will, I meant having an option to swap at base of operations and having the interactions there, and also the option to swap. Having those two interact would surely have made for a superior character development.

And finished. The latter few missions were really good. I'm already looking forward to heading back in and attempt for a full Ghost run, now that I know the levels and how to play better.

Gonna take a bit of a break from the game first, though.

Top Bottom