• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 |OT| The Edge of the World

Lizardus

Just finished Mission 5. This game is good. I have been doing a ghost. no kill with collecting all paintings, bone charms, runes and blueprints.

The highlight so far was Mission 4,
I spent about 4 hours every nook and cranny and getting lost, finding all the collectibles and trying my hardest to knock out Kirin without messing with the clockwork soldiers. That was a pain in the ass.

In Mission 5, is it possible to get
Breanna's bone charms if you subdue her non-lethally? I tried to choke her out when shes kneeling but she breaks away. Sleep darts don't work either because of her bone charm

SkylineRKR

Just finished Mission 5. This game is good. I have been doing a ghost. no kill with collecting all paintings, bone charms, runes and blueprints.

The highlight so far was Mission 4,
I spent about 4 hours every nook and cranny and getting lost, finding all the collectibles and trying my hardest to knock out Kirin without messing with the clockwork soldiers. That was a pain in the ass.

Breanna's bone charms if you subdue her non-lethally? I tried to choke her out when shes kneeling but she breaks away. Sleep darts don't work either because of her bone charm

Well you can

Activate the machine by finding the lenses (a note next to the machine directs you to them). Oh you mention kneeling so I think you did this. Yeah dart her at that time.

SomTervo

Exactly.
When they said "Play as Emily or Corvo" I got the impression that you could play as whoever you wanted, whenever you wanted while the other appears as NPC while playing. The fact that you have a mission base where you go back to after each mission which does fuck all except allowing for designers to have diverse locations without actually having to have them connected.

I struggle to imagine where you got this idea from. I can't think of any FPRPG game that does multiple characters this way, but more importantly, if this is how it worked they would tout this in all the gameplay previews and videos.

It's a pity your expectation didn't match the game but there was really nothing to suggest it would work like that.

Lizardus

It's possible.
You need to dart her moment cutscene of her losing her powers end. https://gfycat.com/IdealPossibleBigmouthbass

Well you can

Activate the machine by finding the lenses (a note next to the machine directs you to them). Oh you mention kneeling so I think you did this. Yeah dart her at that time.

Well shit, I thought it couldn't be done and I finished the mission. Hopefully I have a save somewhere reasonable.

Thanks.

It was really strange how
you were able to explore the Observatory after taking care of her. I must have spent an hour exploring it and getting all the collectibles beforehand.

Tovarisc

Well shit, I thought it couldn't be done and I finished the mission. Hopefully I have a save somewhere reasonable.

Thanks.

It was really strange how
you were able to explore the Observatory after taking care of her. I must have spent an hour exploring it and getting all the collectibles beforehand.

You got lucky. That mission has possibility of nonlethal route causing random NPC's to die and game marks them as kills by you. Weird bug that I got and I know few cases of others having it, found workaround tho. Struggling with that same bug in M08 now.

Also when it comes to mission 05 and
getting charms off of her in when doing nonlethal most likely is unintended by devs. I think there is something going on with cutscene ending and game acknowledging what her feature set is. Because of that weird delay you can sneak fast dart in.

This game has weird issues.

Lizardus

You got lucky. That mission has possibility of nonlethal route causing random NPC's to die and game marks them as kills by you. Weird bug that I got and I know few cases of others having it, found workaround tho. Struggling with that same bug in M08 now.

Also when it comes to mission 05 and
getting charms off of her in when doing nonlethal most likely is unintended by devs. I think there is something going on with cutscene ending and game acknowledging what her feature set is. Because of that weird delay you can sneak fast dart in.

This game has weird issues.

Yeah, definitely not intended because her bonecharm
makes her impervious to projectiles

Wiseblood

So in the mansion mission did anyone knock out Aramis instead of leaving him alone?
Doing this makes him miss the seance, and he doesn't lose his mind. When you go back to the present the mansion is normal and the dust district isn't a shithole with him in charge. Also Megan has both her arms and eyes.

I experimented a bit with this. It took two darts to knock her out. Also placing a stun mine next to her works.

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah that level took me a long time to complete and i still missed a rune that seemed to just be out of reach under the floorboards. Great game, my only complaint is the amount of reading they expect you to do, I mean fuck off Arkane putting so much of that in its like a novel half the time i cant be arsed with reading it all.

I always feel kind of guilty when I find a note or a book and it has this huge wall of text and I just click it away. Someone spent a long time coming up with those and I'm the asshole who can't even be bothered to read them, haha.

Satch

Banned
the end of chapter eight
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png

go low chaos if you can because otherwise..........
BibleThump.png

Satch

Banned
So in the mansion mission did anyone knock out Artemis instead of leaving him alone?
Doing this makes him miss the seance, and he doesn't lose his mind. When you go back to the present the mansion is normal and the dust district isn't a shithole with him in charge. Also Megan has both her arms and eyes.

WAIT A MINUTE WTF

Johndoey

Banned
Query. If by the time I get through mission 4 i'm still not feeling the game is there any reason to continue? Because otherwise i'm ready to put this one on the "good, but not for me" pile.

nOoblet16

I struggle to imagine where you got this idea from. I can't think of any FPRPG game that does multiple characters this way, but more importantly, if this is how it worked they would tout this in all the gameplay previews and videos.

It's a pity your expectation didn't match the game but there was really nothing to suggest it would work like that.

Except there was. It's a pretty common opinion and it's common for a reason...otherwise you wouldn't have articles like this. For someone who has only seen a few videos rather than to follow up on the game right from reveal, when they say "Play as either Emily or Corvo" mid gameplay in a developer walkthrough it gives the impression that you can play as either throughout the game and it's not a permanent choice. I would also have expected there to be interaction for character building due to Corvo being voiced this time around and being the other lead, but that was absent.

You struggle to think of a game that does this because games with a more than one playable protagonist are rare already. But yes there are games where you get the option to pick your playable hero (who may have their own missions but you can switch between them freely), quite a few of them...GTAV being quite an obvious one at that and AC: Syndicate being another (Then there are others like Until Dawn). Dishonored 2 could have had that as well, and it could have had that without tying specific missions to characters because the goal for both of them are the same and everyone could just say that they know those two are working together. Narrative wise it would have worked the same way as they do now since we can assume they discuss and talk later at mission base anyways. Basically it's possible.

Query. If by the time I get through mission 4 i'm still not feeling the game is there any reason to continue? Because otherwise i'm ready to put this one on the "good, but not for me" pile.

I just finished mission 4 myself and I'm having a blast. I really really didn't like it in the first mission and a half or so, but then it finally grew on me. I was a big fan of the first game, but I guess I had to get reacquainted with the gameplay.

Timeaisis

OK, Clockwork Mansion is a hell of a level. Finally started to not care and embrace the chaos. Stealth is damn hard when you are going for all collectibles. And reloading is grating.

Anyway. There a good stealth technique for getting past the
clockwork solders when rescuing Sokolov
? I broke down and used grenades. Lol.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm enjoying this a lot, playing as Emily. Mission 4 currently. On PS4.

Not sure if the patch fixed it, but the frame rate doesn't seem to be quite as bad as people were making out.

Still, it's low enough that it compounds with the OTT motion blur and post processing effects and input lag that sometimes scouring inside areas can be incredibly frustrating.

At times it just looks like a blur if you move any faster than the slowest crawl, so searching for items or secret areas can be awkward.

Monogatari

Neo Member
Please forgive me if this has been posted before ... I'm still working through the game and have been hesitant to click through spoiler tags in this thread.

Is there any info re: the metrics for low/high chaos? Like, in Dishonored 1 I think something like 20-40% of all characters and npcs had to remain alive in order for the player to get a low chaos ending.

I'm working on a low chaos run first and was originally going for clean hands until that stupid npc random death bug happened. Therefore...I was wondering if it's possible to (achievement spoilers for chap 4 and beyond)
get the achievement for killing Paolo three times while still maintaining low chaos? Or is it better to save for a high chaos run?
Just curious if anyone has tried it/knows. Thanks in advance.

Tovarisc

OK, Clockwork Mansion is a hell of a level. Finally started to not care and embrace the chaos. Stealth is damn hard when you are going for all collectibles. And reloading is grating.

Anyway. There a good stealth technique for getting past the
clockwork solders when rescuing Sokolov
? I broke down and used grenades. Lol.

Right leg, console. You can use rewire tool there to turn clockwork to your side and after little while it will self-destruct harmlessly. If you time your approach right you can rewire them without them detecting you. If going for achievement that got to main target without him knowing you are in the house then you just need avoid clockworks.

Timeaisis

Right leg, console. You can use rewire tool there to turn clockwork to your side and after little while it will self-destruct harmlessly. If you time your approach right you can rewire them without them detecting you. If going for achievement that got to main target without him knowing you are in the house then you just need avoid clockworks.

Is there place I can get rewire tools? I bought one to do the wall of light in the beginning of the mission, guess I could've bought more huh? Stupid me haha.

Any non-rewire strategy I can use?

Specifically there's this section with 3 patrolling real close together near the entrance and I really dunno how to get past without going scorched earth. Could be just some route I'm missing.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll defintely try that next time I have a chance.

Tovarisc

Is there place I can get rewire tools? I bought one to do the wall of light in the beginning of the mission, guess I could've bought more huh? Stupid me haha.

Any non-rewire strategy I can use?

Specifically there's this section with 3 patrolling real close together near the entrance and I really dunno how to get past without going scorched earth. Could be just some route I'm missing.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll defintely try that next time I have a chance.

There is rewires around the map as loot.

You can try stunmine, takes 3 charges to destroy single clockwork.

You can also use e.g. crossbow to destroy their heads, turning them on each other.

sjay1994

I know this might sound like a dumb complaint, but getting all the souveniers in a playthrough is fucked.

I've been playing the game ghost, and got to chapter 4, and to get two of the souveniers I had to kill an elite guard in chapter 2 which I didn't because I avoided combat and am playing non lethal, plus now in order to get the other I have to fight a clockwork soldier which means I get detected.

It feels kinda annoying that these things require you to break your selected playstyle if you want to get all of them.

Tovarisc

I know this might sound like a dumb complaint, but getting all the souveniers in a playthrough is fucked.

I've been playing the game ghost, and got to chapter 4, and to get two of the souveniers I had to kill an elite guard in chapter 2 which I didn't because I avoided combat and am playing non lethal, plus now in order to get the other I have to fight a clockwork soldier which means I get detected.

It feels kinda annoying that these things require you to break your selected playstyle if you want to get all of them.

You can get clockwork part without alarming anyone else than Yindosh, but that will ruin another achievement.

sjay1994

You can get clockwork part without alarming anyone else than Yindosh, but that will ruin another achievement.

How do you defeat clockworks without it counting as an alarm or detected? I can just make a quick save and do the undetected thing, but anyways way to late for me to get the souveniers because I didn't kill an elite in mission 2.

Tovarisc

How do you defeat clockworks without it counting as an alarm or detected? I can just make a quick save and do the undetected thing, but anyways way to late for me to get the souveniers because I didn't kill an elite in mission 2.

When you rewire clockwork it will self-destruct after little while. That doesn't count as alarm, detection or kill as long there isn't other guards around.

The Flash

Banned
Just finished my first playthrough. Excellent, excellent, excellent.

Onto to the second playthrough!

Also:
Daud DLC hinted at the end or Dishonored 3 maybe?

Satch

Banned
omg i beat it

it was amazing and i feel fucking awful for everything that ive done
BibleThump.png

edit: and what the hell at the mention of
billie lurk and daud towards the end? meagan had all kinds of stuff in her room from daud and billie lurk so im guessing she used to work with daud

Tovarisc

omg i beat it

it was amazing and i feel fucking awful for everything that ive done
BibleThump.png

edit: and what the hell at the mention of
billie lurk and daud towards the end? meagan had all kinds of stuff in her room from daud and billie lurk so im guessing she used to work with daud

Isn't she Billie?

Tovarisc

Seriously how are you supposed to get to this guy with these robots hanging around D:

Well one nonlethal & no detection way is
taking elevator to his floor, sleepdart his ass, rewire clockwork patrolling elevator side of area and let him kill another clockwork. Then rewired clockwork will self-destruct and you can put some jumper cables to Yins balls.

This Clockwork Mansion is like something out of a nightmare, sneaking though hidden routes in the moving walls, being hunted by these robotic killers. There's just a constant feeling of disorientation, especially now that I'm trying to find my way out.

Anung

Un Rama
Well one nonlethal & no detection way is
taking elevator to his floor, sleepdart his ass, rewire clockwork patrolling elevator side of area and let him kill another clockwork. Then rewired clockwork will self-destruct and you can put some jumper cables to Yins balls.

Does he always trigger when you sleep dart him or is there a way to stop that? Also how do you rewrite the clock work soldiers?

Tovarisc

Does he always trigger when you sleep dart him or is there a way to stop that? Also how do you rewrite the clock work soldiers?

He shouldn't get triggered from the dart. You could try time it so that he isn't facing your direction when you hit him. Clockworks have panel on their right leg, it's where you can use rewire. Fast moves guarantee that clockwork won't notice you

Anung

Un Rama
He shouldn't get triggered from the dart. You could try time it so that he isn't facing your direction when you hit him. Clockworks have panel on their right leg, it's where you can use rewire. Fast moves guarantee that clockwork won't notice you

Whenever I shoot him he shouts "can't you protect me you idiots" and it triggers the clockwork soldiers

I think my timing is off. Thanks for helping btw.

Tovarisc

What difficulty is everyone playing on? I'm trying HARD but it seems brutal. Guards see everything immediately.

Hard. You get used to how fast guards can detect you, also you learn to use lean a lot.

Whenever I shoot him he shouts "can't you protect me you idiots" and it triggers the clockwork soldiers

I think my timing is off. Thanks for helping btw.

Ah, you meant that.
If you want him not to activate them at all I think you need choke him.

Satch

Banned
im gonna do a new playthrough on easy baby mode now that ive finished it on medium
4Head.png

edit: and im gonna try not to kill anyone
4Head.png

chrixter

Clockwork Soldiers: If you don't have a rewire tool, you can also shoot their heads off with a crossbow bolt without it counting as a detection. They'll then just stand in place (or attack other enemies if any are nearby) and won't be able to see you. At that point you can either leave them alone or destroy them by performing an aerial takedown or by placing a couple stun mines. You'll still maintain Ghost.

Top Bottom