• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 |OT| The Edge of the World

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Quick question, forgive me if it's already been answered: are there any story changes with a no-powers playthrough?

No Love

Banned
Several people have noticed input lag. It's not just you.

There's a slider that when turned down all the way seems to help but I'm blanking on the name >.< Should be easy enough to figure out in the settings.

It's the "Friction" slider in Controls. It really fucks with input lag and no idea why it's even turned on.

SlickVic

I'm really intrigued by what exactly custom difficulty settings entail in this upcoming patch. Probably going to wait on playing this until they announce exactly what that is.

CHC

CLOCK

WORK

MANSION

This is just.... unbelievable. Like it would be impressive even if you couldn't
get behind the walls
, but the fact that all of the areas really exist and fit together in actual space is just.... mind-blowing.

Timeaisis

Finished it. Really loved the game. Ending was a little anticlimactic, but still good. Last level was nothing special, but still fun.

I kind of broke the game with Linked Possession and the Separation Trauma bone charm. You can take out a whole room nonlethally that way haha. Kind of unfair, but fun. Corvo is really good at stealth with a fully upgraded kit. Got low chaos no problem.

Now got high chaos Emily run. Just finished mission 1. I have up say, chaos is really fun after playing the entire game careful heh.

SomTervo

I think if they took out the city environments you go through to get to the actual missions I'd probably like the game a lot more. They're boring, indistinct environments and collecting everything in them feels like a chore.

Agreed. The city parts are good levels, but they fuck with the pacing quite a bit. If Dishonored had a more "just actual missions" approach, like Hitman, slicing out the City parts but adding another "actual mission" or even just expanding on the actual missions to have a bit more context/area, it would have worked much better.

I'm super stoked to get to the Clockwork Mansion or whatever, but I'm stuck rooting around in the gutters in a city instead. It's still great gameplay and a great adventure in a great environment with great backstory, but it doesn't feel vital to the experience.

6.5 hours and only in Chapter 2. Haven't even left the neutral area yet :D I'd be the worst 'lets play' person to watch.

Love how the apartments really feel lived in. They are gorgeous to walk around. The level of detail is like you'd see in some "walking simulator" games.

carlsojo

6.5 hours and only in Chapter 2. Haven't even left the neutral area yet :D I'd be the worst 'lets play' person to watch.

Love how the apartments really feel lived in. They are gorgeous to walk around. The level of detail is like you'd see in some "walking simulator" games.

My favorite part is how "hot" it feels. Walking around in one of the apartments with the windows open and fans going.. it just feels like it'd be a hot, humid place to live.

StealthGamerBR put up his first Dishonored 2 video. It's more of a tech test/proof of concept than anything but it's still entertaining.

https://youtu.be/wKF5Rs1A8w8

That video was fucking dirty

Soo...would you guys say PS4 pro version or PC version for this game ? Heard the PC port was not that great .

Bought the PC version day one, immediately bought PS4 (pro) version afterwards. Sure its not native 4K but it actually runs and is playable. I'm sure the PC version will be patched but if you just want to play with no bs... PS4

leng jai

Bought the PC version day one, immediately bought PS4 (pro) version afterwards. Sure its not native 4K but it actually runs and is playable. I'm sure the PC version will be patched but if you just want to play with no bs... PS4

PS4 Pro version is decent, but "no bs" is a stretch.

I've had two missions now of non-lethal takedowns where somebody seems to be dying after the fact, I would be more frustrated if I was planning on multiple playthroughs.

It happened occasional during the original game due to rat swarms, but I have no idea what's causing it in this game, especially in first two missions.

chrixter

Didn't think I'd say this but I think I prefer Far Reach over Blink as a traversal mechanic. FR seems to have further range (particularly vertically), it can break falls from any height, and the way you can manipulate your momentum with it can be somewhat useful (though admittedly very situational).

Since FR isn't instant, I thought it was going to be much more noticeable to enemies than Blink is but I hardly notice a difference between the two.

This isn't even considering FR's ability to pull enemies and objects. You can stealthily pull loot out from behind glass cases with it, too (a bug?). Blink's time stop is nice, and to be fair, I haven't yet tried Blink's knockback or whatever, but FR is really darn cool.

KrisB

http://vrgamersnews.com/index.php/2016/11/20/dishonored-2-review/

Dishonored 2 Review

French developers, Arkane Studios are back with the second entry in the Dishonored series, Dishonored 2. The setting of this game takes place 15 years after Empress Jessamine Kaldwin was assassinated, Emily kidnapped, and Royal Protector Corvo Attano being the main suspect. The rat plague and Loyalist Conspiracy have now been destroyed while Emily Kaldwin has taken the throne.

9/10

CHC

I do appreciate how they made Far Reach very different from Blink, it's got similar utility at times but it's absolutely not just a palette swap. It feels like an actual new ability, and it's capable of some pretty cool stuff that Blink is not.

shiba5

I do appreciate how they made Far Reach very different from Blink, it's got similar utility at times but it's absolutely not just a palette swap. It feels like an actual new ability, and it's capable of some pretty cool stuff that Blink is not.

I grabbed that rune right off the table next to the Overseer in mission 2 with it.

Teggy

In semi related news, I finished the third mission in Thief Gold for the first time ever. :)

On topic, does anyone know what is said when you activate Dark Vision? It's the same thing as in Dishonored 1 and I had no idea then either.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Does the heart not show all the collectibles?! I always case the levels and end with something like 6/12 runes. :(

Vanadium

Lol, you read something somewhere again?

Frame rate is actually solid for me on the Pro, but I finished my first play through in the game with about half a dozen crashes over about 12 hours. No real consistency in the failures; blinking to windows, quick saving or even just picking up a bottle to throw and I ended up on a blue error screen. PS4 version does have it's problems for sure.

Timeaisis

I think if they took out the city environments you go through to get to the actual missions I'd probably like the game a lot more. They're boring, indistinct environments and collecting everything in them feels like a chore.

I disagree. I think the city environments really let the player experiment with different approaches to getting to objectives. Mission 6 especially. And mission 8 I feel had a stronger "city section" than the actual objective.

I do think the first couple city areas aren't as good, though. But they give the player more room to mess up and experiment, whereas the objective mission areas are more rigid, albeit not a lot.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's a single section stage I believe so the heart should see them all.

Yeah, there are six ruins in the Addermire Institute level and the heart shows them all, as well as all five bone charms:

20161120130004_1l4pnw.jpg

But he's not the first person to miss collectables despite using the heart, so I think it can bug out in certain cases.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
But he's not the first person to miss collectables despite using the heart, so I think it can bug out in certain cases.
Well... I know one case where you
have to get two bone charms off Breanna Ashmore
(ch 5) and the heart doesn't show anything. I'm confident the heart showed me everything up to that point however.

Heading into chapter 6, after like 20 hours.

XAL

StealthGamerBR put up his first Dishonored 2 video. It's more of a tech test/proof of concept than anything but it's still entertaining.

https://youtu.be/wKF5Rs1A8w8

"Hey mates, I still can not make Dishonored 2 videos because the game was broken for PC, this video was recorded with the graphics almost all on the medium/low and it was only with 30fps, and I'm running the game with a Gtx1080, Volound, Clockner And other friends are also having the same problem, and this is just the performance problems the game has a lot of problems if it is compared to Dishonored 1, the bloodthirsty works in a ridiculous way, regenerating the mana bar is not fast enough For a combination of powers,it is impossible to dodge sword slashes like we did in the first game, so I'll wait for Arkane Studios Release the miracle patch to solve the problems mentioned, thank you for understanding everyone, cheers."

Guess we won't be seeing a ton of videos from him for this game like for the last one.

feelsbadman.jpg

Top Bottom