• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 |OT| The Edge of the World

Anung

Un Rama
Is there anyway to get into Corvo's apartment without Blink? Trying to get all the collectibles and do a Flesh and Steel run but cannot find a way inside. I've tried piling up corpses and using Grenades to launch me up to no avail.

Edit: Nevermind. The first attempt I made after posting this got me up there FFS D:

I'm getting a lot of game crash/error on PS4 lately.
Last night when I got an error, every game on my console running on slow motion.
I've to restart the console to fix it. ;w;

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can confirm that "killing" Paolo after he transmogrifies into a bunch of rats isn't supposed to count as a kill, which is fortunate as without an earlier save to return to my only option would have been to start anew. I didn't unlock Ghost of the Cogs, though, or even Hidden Repository for some bizarre reason (I read it refers to finding the room the black bonecharm is in, which I snagged), but no matter.

Edit: Hidden Repository refers to a small hidden room in the bedroom that leads to the laboratory. You can access it by riding the small square section of the room, opposite the bookshelf, downward when changing the layout of the room with the lever.

Jharp

I was able to get the Shadow achievement despite
talking to the Delilah statues. IIRC, I used Far Reach to get onto one of the ledges above her, and then used the heart.

Like the poster before me, you can use the rafters and chandeliers to get close enough to her to use the heart. However, if you're no powers, I don't think there's a good way to do so.

I do think that's a cool little thing that changes. Didn't know that that triggers that. Cool little detail.

Not saying you guys are wrong, and I do believe you, but I tried that multiple times. I wasn't just running up to her in full view and using the heart, I snuck up and above her on the ledge right above her throne, and again on a chandelier, and both times it gave me a spotted penalty. I had assumed this was because the cutscene that plays has you lying on the ground in front of her immediately after using the heart, and her words clearly demonstrate she's expecting you, whereas the non-statue method has you surprise her.

Weird. Must just have been me, then.

Put 4 ruins into a Shadow Walk and when I acquired another ruin I upgraded it possess rat shadows. It's so cool waking around in it, haven't tried possessing rats yet. I just reached clockwork mansion. The latest patch has made in playable for me. A few hitches here and there but I can manage it. More patches is a good thing, can only get better.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Mission 3 was pretty damn good. The target's
transformation into Grim Alex as I came across her office
was genuinely creepy. "Not memorable" my arse. The whole character was a cool and creepy
Jekyll & Hyde
reference.

Being powerless and hunted by an overwhelmingly powerful character was super tense, though I kinda wish she wasn't confined to the room after the transformation. If she could've hunted me throughout the level as I tried to get the counter-serum together, it could've been even tenser and an interesting inversion of the usual assassination missions
. Ah well. It was good as it was.

I'm up to the upper part of the town just before Clockwork Mansion. Loving my no-powers/no-kills/no-alarms playthrough so far. Puzzling everything out has been extremely rewarding. I hear the Mansion may prove very difficult for my kind of playthrough, especially trying to get the trophy for Jindosh not realising you're there. I like a challenge but it sounds like it's more frustrating than anything. We'll see...

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is there a way to buy dishonored 2 and 1 together?

Or did I miss the boat because I didn't preorder.

Ridesh

Banned
Mission 3 was pretty damn good. The target's
transformation into Grim Alex as I came across her office
was genuinely creepy. "Not memorable" my arse. The whole character was a cool and creepy
Jekyll & Hyde
reference.

Being powerless and hunted by an overwhelmingly powerful character was super tense, though I kinda wish she wasn't confined to the room after the transformation. If she could've hunted me throughout the level as I tried to get the counter-serum together, it could've been even tenser and an interesting inversion of the usual assassination missions
. Ah well. It was good as it was.

I'm up to the upper part of the town just before Clockwork Mansion. Loving my no-powers/no-kills/no-alarms playthrough so far. Puzzling everything out has been extremely rewarding. I hear the Mansion may prove very difficult for my kind of playthrough, especially trying to get the trophy for Jindosh not realising you're there. I like a challenge but it sounds like it's more frustrating than anything. We'll see...

After the transformation I bailed the fuck out with far reach lol

I agree with you, her not being confined to that room would have been even more tenser, but it was great nonetheless.

Chapter 3-8 have been some glorious gaming, definitely my GOTY.

Anung

Un Rama
Just completed a Flesh and Steel run while collecting the paintings and Souvenirs. That wasn't so bad and I think I've figured out optimal roots for a ghost run.

Only a Ghost/No-kill run and the platinum is mine. I might wait for NG+ patch to hit so I can take advantage of upgraded Blink and Time Stop powers.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
After the transformation I bailed the fuck out with far reach lol

Tragically, I didn't have that option. XD

I agree with you, her not being confined to that room would have been even more tenser, but it was great nonetheless.

👍🏽

Chapter 3-8 have been some glorious gaming, definitely my GOTY.

That's good to hear. Really impressed so far.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Is there an achievement guide anywhere? Going for a second playthrough and don't want to miss the mission specific ones.

sertopico

I can confirm that "killing" Paolo after he transmogrifies into a bunch of rats isn't supposed to count as a kill, which is fortunate as without an earlier save to return to my only option would have been to start anew. I didn't unlock Ghost of the Cogs, though, or even Hidden Repository for some bizarre reason (I read it refers to finding the room the black bonecharm is in, which I snagged), but no matter.

Edit: Hidden Repository refers to a small hidden room in the bedroom that leads to the laboratory. You can access it by riding the small square section of the room, opposite the bookshelf, downward when changing the layout of the room with the lever.

Shit. Then, who died in my playthrough? It's frustrating, I am trying not to kill anybody and still, somebody dies. I am always very careful about piling up bodies in unreachable places.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Game can be kind of overwhelming. There are so many open spaces and the guards can see so far. I don't know how feasible no powers no knockouts is going to be.

Throwing bottles or setting alarms as distractions is pretty much the only way I got round things on Very Hard with similar limitations. They were pretty much the only times I bothered with throwing bottles outside of a couple of makeshift stun mine grenades on any of the playthroughs, honestly.

JaseC

Shit. Then, who died in my playthrough? It's frustrating, I am trying not to kill anybody and still, somebody dies. I am always very careful about piling up bodies in unreachable places.

It might have counted as a kill in your case due to a logic bug. I did think it odd that "killing" Paolo would count as a kill as you can find a document that details a rather gruesome revenge killing perpetrated against him and yet also mentions that it was ill-fated as he reappeared the next day, strongly implying some form of immortality (which is why I always say "killing" ;)).

Chitown B

So I'm choking out witches and when I do, it says they're dead. WTF? Seems like you can't choke them or they just die.

Not sure if it has to do with the bloodflies who sting me while I'm doing it or not.

shiba5

There are some weird bugs with deaths.
I basically check stats after every knockout and then save.
For instance: I had zero deaths, I choked out another guard and put him on a pile of other guards. Check stats - 1 death. Wtf? So I check the pile of unconscious guards and they are all snoring away. So I reloaded, choked out the guard again and this time, stuffed him somewhere else. The game thought this was ok.

Another time I thought it was bugged actually turned out to be me firing some bloodfly nests and accidentally cooking an unconscious witch. I also dropped a guard near a bloodfly once and the damn thing buzzed over and made a nest in him causing a death. And I killed a guy dropping him too close to a shelf - that broke and busted in his head.

shiba5

So I'm choking out witches and when I do, it says they're dead. WTF? Seems like you can't choke them or they just die.

Not sure if it has to do with the bloodflies who sting me while I'm doing it or not.

You can definitely choke them out. The only one I had issues with was Ashburn after she's powerless. I was able to choke her during one playthrough, but the next one she kept getting out of it. Sleep darts don't work on her either. I actually had to possess her and walk her over top a stun mine.

Chitown B

You can definitely choke them out. The only one I had issues with was Ashburn after she's powerless. I was able to choke her during one playthrough, but the next one she kept getting out of it. Sleep darts don't work on her either. I actually had to possess her and walk her over top a stun mine.

I think the problem was trying to choke the one in the archive basement at the table with all the flies. If you choke her the flies stop you by stinging you and then the animation stops - she just dies instead, I guess.

I'm also having some weird geometry issues where I'll be on top of something and then be slowly pushed off. But only sometimes.

JaseC

It's the bloodflies. They'll also attack unconscious NPCs.

shiba5

I think the problem was trying to choke the one in the archive basement at the table with all the flies. If you choke her the flies stop you by stinging you and then the animation stops - she just dies instead, I guess.

That was one of the witches I accidentally set on fire. Wheeeee

ced

I was getting kinda unfocused on this game so I changed over to Emily after about 3 hrs, fits my play style better, plus it's something different from Dishonored.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
End boss spoilers

What's the alternate way to eliminate delilah without killing her?
In the chapel you learn that you can screw up her painting spell by crafting a corrupted rune and attaching it to her throne setup. After taking subduing her in the painting, bring her out and set her on the throne. She'll wake up, go to bring the painting to life and get trapped in it forever, without even knowing it.

usp84

Finished it at 34 hours with Emily low chaos.Loved it could be my GOTY.

The only not good parts are the beginning and ending but everything else was top.Now a playthrough with Corvo

mujun

How does this run on the base PS4? I'm thinking of getting this, but haven't really kept up to date on any relevant news

Reasonably well.

It seems to chug when bringing up the pause menu and it really gets the fan going so I'd make sure your vents are clear. My PS4 actually overheated soon after I started playing this game and got all weird.

JaseC

Mission 4 took me around six hours, all told. Very Hard + ghost + merciful + all collectables aside from coins = so much save scumming.

shiba5

Wow, Emily gets vicious with high chaos. Karnaca has gone completely to shit, and I swear even Sokolov looks worse (than usual).

d00d3n

What is the utility of the microphone from which you can make an announcement in mission 9? Using it spawns two enemies. Is that it?

Top Bottom