• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

PS3 unboxing showing controller layout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJ3kcLRTjI

thank you for posting this. I captured a picture but the quality of the image is too poor to see what the layout is.

QMUlV.png

ziadoz

Neo Member
The controls look the same as those in the PC instruction manual someone posted a few pages back (there's a 360 controller layout near the end), with the only exception being L1/R1 and L2/R2 are flipped on PS3 as expected.

Keyboard/mouse for FPS.
Kb/M
Controller will always be better for single player games :)

It's not a FPS.
Not true. Controller is always better for TPS and Racing games. Single player is pure preference. I played Sleeping Dogs with a 360 controller, I'm playing BL2 with a Kb/m. Now, I think by the nature of this game, either way wouldn't be too bad. It's a slower paced title so you don't need the quicker response/accuracy of a Kb/m. I'm still going with Kb/m as I find the lean functions(which are mapped to Q and E) much better and more accessible on the Kb/m. Generally if a FPS offers that with a controller, you're usually locked in place while you lean, not so(generally) with the Kb/m.

I plan on leaning a lot.

DukeBobby

Controller for me. I'm relatively new to PC gaming, so I'm not totally accustomed to using keyboard/mouse for a lot of games.

Controller for me. I'm relatively new to PC gaming, so I'm not totally accustomed to using keyboard/mouse for a lot of games.

Not saying that using a controller is a bad idea(see my earlier post)

But, this type of game actually may be the best one to learn with, if your interested of course.

It's slower pace, and full kb/m functionality may/should be exactly suited for someone newer to FPS with the kb/m as it'll give you time to acclimate.

But then again, you do what you find the most comfortable. You'll enjoy it more, that's for sure.

edit:

I guess I should have been more clear. I meant more in the terms of Third Person Action/Platforming.

Now, if you disagree with that, then we, uh, just disagreee I guess.

Derrick01

Banned
Kb/M

Not true. Controller is always better for TPS and Racing games. Single player is pure preference. I played Sleeping Dogs with a 360 controller, I'm playing BL2 with a Kb/m. Now, I think by the nature of this game, either way wouldn't be too bad. It's a slower paced title so you don't need the quicker response/accuracy of a Kb/m. I'm still going with Kb/m as I find the lean functions(which are mapped to Q and E) much better and more accessible on the Kb/m. Generally if a FPS offers that with a controller, you're usually locked in place while you lean, not so(generally) with the Kb/m.

I plan on leaning a lot.

That's ok I don't think I've ever used lean in a game, ever. Even in a console game like MGS 2 where you could lean in FPS mode or lean from cover. It's always been useless for me.

I just go with what's comfortable and that will always be a controller. I only use mouse and keyboard in strategy games since there's usually too much management going on. But I'll be using controller in Xcom since I was so impressed with how it worked in the demo.

ironcreed

Banned
Jesus Christ at that gif.

He hanged then took impulse up to stab him, badassery right there.

Can't wait to see gifs of leaping off buildings and possessing someone right before you hit the ground in order to keep from dying. The shit you can pull off in this game is pretty spectacular and some of it will probably never get old.

*Edit* Check that. The hell with gifs, I can't wait to do it, lol.

Didn't Deus Ex HR devs mention once that they couldn't put lean buttons in for some strange reason? I loved the game but the explanation they had seemed weird.

Andrew.

Banned
Yo, D-rick man, I really hope you enjoy this and don't shit all over it in some way within a week

Don't get me wrong, I know chances of that happening are slim to nil =P

Andrew.

Banned
I'm scared to get hyped because it looks freakin' sweet. I don't want to be hurt again

I hear that. Ive had Tuesday scheduled off from work for months but lately I've been getting kinda worrisome about taking another dive into a new IP. I really, really lucked out with Sleeping Dogs as its now my current GOTY, but yet, seeing that Bethesda logo on there has me somewhat skeeved. And I KNOW they didn't develop it. It's just that fucking logo leaves a bitter taste after the whole Skyrim fiasco amongst other things.

GorillaJu

The gif on this page perfectly illustrates what I love about the art style in this game. I love me a good key frame animation – looks like there's so mocap as well, but the good majority seems to be KF.

branny

Jesus Christ at that gif.

He hanged then took impulse up to stab him, badassery right there.
Ability-related spoiler regarding dispatching Tall Boys:
I remember reading or hearing somewhere that it's supposedly possible to blink into the air and land on top of a Tall Boy that way. Pretty neat if true.

I hear that. Ive had Tuesday scheduled off from work for months but lately I've been getting kinda worrisome about taking another dive into a new IP. I really, really lucked out with Sleeping Dogs as its now my current GOTY, but yet, seeing that Bethesda logo on there has me somewhat skeeved. And I KNOW they didn't develop it. It's just that fucking logo leaves a bitter taste after the whole Skyrim fiasco amongst other things.

Nerd.

I took it off too, specifically for this game. Let us play uninterrupted Tuesday, and let us revel in it.

edit:

Also, While it's a new IP, they seem to have had this cooking a while, so I don't think they are overpromising much with what they've shown. Sleeping Dogs is my GOTY too so far, but I think this might top it. I'm assuming your playing on PS3 if the Bethesda logo makes you nervous. Don't sweat. It's all good.

Jeff Cannata on this week's Weekend Confirmed was really positive when VAGUELY speaking about Dishonored and XCOM. Something to the effect that they are perhaps some of the best games he's ever played, this year especially.

Top Bottom