• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

The Chef

I preordered in on Newegg yesterday for $47 but am now debating paying full price from amazon so I can get it release day. I am getting insanely hyped about this game.

Jeff Cannata on this week's Weekend Confirmed was really positive when VAGUELY speaking about Dishonored and XCOM. Something to the effect that they are perhaps some of the best games he's ever played, this year especially.

Best games ever perhaps? Man that's a tall order, but has me giddy.

Derrick01

Banned
Jeff Cannata on this week's Weekend Confirmed was really positive when VAGUELY speaking about Dishonored and XCOM. Something to the effect that they are perhaps some of the best games he's ever played, this year especially.

These embargoes need to end. I'm tired of everyone talking as vague as possible about both games, positively or negatively.

GrayFoxPL

thank you for posting this. I captured a picture but the quality of the image is too poor to see what the layout is.

QMUlV.png

What's on L3 here?

Andrew.

Banned
Nerd.

I took it off too, specifically for this game. Let us play uninterrupted Tuesday, and let us revel in it.

edit:

Also, While it's a new IP, they seem to have had this cooking a while, so I don't think they are overpromising much with what they've shown. Sleeping Dogs is my GOTY too so far, but I think this might top it. I'm assuming your playing on PS3 if the Bethesda logo makes you nervous. Don't sweat. It's all good.

Yeah I'm on PS3 and I'm a huge BioShock, Thief, steampunk, England, Susan Sarandon, and Michael Madsen fan. \m/ > _ < \m/

Yeah I'm on PS3 and I'm a huge BioShock, Thief, steampunk, England, Susan Sarandon, and Michael Madsen fan. \m/ > _ < \m/

Makes sense. While I've never had problems with a Bethesda title (ES or FO3), I always bought them on either PC or Xbox.

I remember reading about the PS3 problems with all the those titles and I can see why you'd be jaded towards them. I know some people were talking about boycotting future purchases from any Bethesda products. Sucks, as when they work, they are phenomenal. It's un UE3 title though, so the PS3 shouldn't have problems running it.

edit:

Bethesda is publishing not developing, I know most of us know that but still.

Yeah, I wasn't very clear. Some people just see the Bethesda Logo and think Gamebryo/Fallout/ElderScrolls and just say fuck it. PS3 owners more (rightfully)so than others. Granted Andrew. already knew that, he just still say's that it makes him nervous that they are even publishing.

FStop7

Banned

No offense, but Cannata squeals about how much he loves practically everything new and shiny.

Andrew.

Banned
Krappa,

Ive been familiar with Bethesdas work on many platforms. That I chose to play Skyrim on PS3 was a major burn though and I do own a 360. But once again, I know Beth isnt behind DHs making. That name just gives me the willies.

LTWood12

I preordered in on Newegg yesterday for $47 but am now debating paying full price from amazon so I can get it release day. I am getting insanely hyped about this game.

I did too. Do you know how quick Newegg typically gets it to your door w/ the free shipping option?

I'm really hoping that GMG follows their more recent trend of sending out the codes sooner than when they say they will. I wanna do my preload.

i really cant make up my mind when it comes to platform, PS3 or PC. i keep jumping back and forth. for both Dishonored and Xcom.

first world problems

CronoShot

Finally caved and preordered at Gamestop. Was surprised to hear they're doing a midnight release for it.

Not that it matters, since I work early on Tuesday.

i really cant make up my mind when it comes to platform, PS3 or PC. i keep jumping back and forth. for both Dishonored and Xcom.

first world problems

Get it for the PC. You get all the control options of either console and all the usual benefits of PC gaming(framerate, .ini customization, mods, graphics, etc.)

Plus it's cheaper.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
These embargoes need to end. I'm tired of everyone talking as vague as possible about both games, positively or negatively.

They exist for control of information and to ensure quality of review, and it stems from two trains of thought. Firstly, embargoes prevent potentially bad reviews souring a game before it has released, and it also curbs misleading and erroneous information, as well as surprises, from being spoiled in media. Secondly, publishers do actually want reviewers to finish and properly review these games. No embargo is essentially saying "first in, best dressed", and it encourages journalists to rush through both the game and their writing to be the first review on the web/print and thus get all the hits. Embargoes put most everybody on equal grounding.

It's especially important for those working in print, who cant compete with digital. Without embargoes they'd be more screwed than they already are.

Derrick01

Banned
They exist for control of information and to ensure quality of review, and it stems from two trains of thought. Firstly, embargoes prevent potentially bad reviews souring a game before it has released, and it also curbs misleading and erroneous information, as well as surprises, from being spoiled in media. Secondly, publishers do actually want reviewers to finish and properly review these games. No embargo is essentially saying "first in, best dressed", and it encourages journalists to rush through both the game and their writing to be the first review on the web/print and thus get all the hits. Embargoes put most everybody on equal grounding.

It's especially important for those working in print, who cant compete with digital. Without embargoes they'd be more screwed than they already are.

I know why they do it but....they suuuuck so bad.

would a gtx 460 push this game well? im behind the times when it comes to my pc

Yeah, I'd say you'd be okay. This is an UE3 game after all. But depending on your resolution, you'd get better/equal to anything you'd see from either console. Do it, get it over with it and then jump on the train with the rest of us. Do you have a 360 controller for the PC? I know a 460 can easily hook up to a tv(I used to have the exact same card) and would comfy couch games all the time with it.

Have pity on the poor people in print who still think their medium is relevant.

edit:

You leave printed media alone!

It's an elder that deserves our respect.

Yeah, I'd say you'd be okay. This is an UE3 game after all. But depending on your resolution, you'd get better/equal to anything you'd see from either console. Do it, get it over with it and then jump on the train with the rest of us. Do you have a 360 controller for the PC? I know a 460 can easily hook up to a tv(I used to have the exact same card) and would comfy couch games all the time with it.

thanks for the help!

pick up xcom on steam (for all the extras) and preordered dishonored on amazon for pc for the butcher pack... because i dont care about TF2 gear

thanks for the help!

pick up xcom on steam (for all the extras) and preordered dishonored on amazon for pc for the butcher pack... because i dont care about TF2 gear

I would highly highly suggest you pick it up on GreenManGaming it's $42.00 I believe. Those "extras" that you get from the other retailers are Bone Charms, which correct me if I'm wrong, are just passive buffs for you character. So you'd be saving $18.00, it's almost a guarantee that they'll release the other "Bone Charms" as DLC in a pack in the very near future.

But, either way, good on ya for getting it on the PC!

edit:

I think it may actually be $45.00 I don't remember what I payed for it.

I would highly highly suggest you pick it up on GreenManGaming it's $42.00 I believe. Those "extras" that you get from the other retailers are Bone Charms, which correct me if I'm wrong, are just passive buffs for you character. So you'd be saving $18.00, it's almost a guarantee that they'll release the other "Bone Charms" as DLC in a pack in the very near future.

But, either way, good on ya for getting it on the PC!

on GMG it is listed as 59.99

Edit: is there a promo code or something?

you are a scholar and a gentleman.

for whatever reason after i made an account, i cant add the game to my cart now

Hmm... What country are you ordering from? Or what bank do you use? From what I've read some people have issues with them not accepting their Banks C.C. number, I'm pretty sure they accept paypal as well. I've yet to run into an issue, but I've read stories. They have pretty good customer support too, so that is always an option.

Eusis

Yeah, even without print incentivizing completion, not to mention the fact that you'd have a bunch of reviews going up at once, makes fairer reviews more likely and gives us more counterpoints to weigh, rather than just having one idiot to rush in screaming "BEST/WORST GAME EVER!" and tainting public opinion even if this person's an extreme outlier.

Not that this prevents it as RE6 shows. Or that's just Stockholm Syndrome, not that I care to find out until it's $20 or better yet in an awesome Steam sale.

Top Bottom