• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

Camp Lo

Banned
It's weird he went for the stealth hand to hand but chose to kill enemies by shooting them instead of using sleeping darts.

smr00

Banned
This comment on Giantbomb made me cry..it seems their users are just as ignorant as the people who make the vids ( although I love GB :p )

lol
Can you blame them? When i first heard about this i had 0 interest, saw footage and was like looks good but Bethesda fucked me over and over and over.

Then i learned this isn't being made by Bethesda or even uses their engine. Makes you cry because someone didn't know that? I didn't know that till a polite fellow of GAF told me not to worry. What makes me cry is how shallow some people on this forum are.

smr00

Banned
If you're the kind of person to post about Bethesda's PS3 port history on a videogame site, you should probably know that publishing isn't the same thing as developing.
Did you not read what i said? They didn't know Bethesda was just publishing.

You should probably read before replying. When i first heard about this game all i knew was "Bethesda", i had no idea who it was being developed by or what engine it was on i just assumed it was a Bethesda game because that's all i heard from everyone at the time. So i made the same mistake of thinking it was going to be a shitty running game till again, a nice fellow on GAF corrected me. Just because you know something doesn't mean everyone else on the face of the planet does. Just because someone comes to a video game forum doesn't mean they know everything about games and it's a shame so many people are dicks here.

Must be really hard to act polite towards uninformed people :-/

epmode

You should probably read before replying. When i first heard about this game all i knew was "Bethesda", i had no idea who it was being developed by or what engine it was on i just assumed it was a Bethesda game because that's all i heard from everyone at the time. So i made the same mistake of thinking it was going to be a shitty running game till again, a nice fellow on GAF corrected me. Just because you know something doesn't mean everyone else on the face of the planet does. Just because someone comes to a video game forum doesn't mean they know everything about games and it's a shame so many people are dicks here.

I answered your question, friend. No sass or anything. Slow down on the outrage.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Scored a copy (with a chance to get X-Com tomorrow!). Will get some good playtime in tonight, probably about 4 hours. I might beat it :eek:

Hey now, I'd say that most people here have been very nice and patient than most. We are a friendlier bunch I'd like to think. Don't go in the RE6 threads though, that place is hostile.

I answered your question, friend. No sass or anything. Slow down on the outrage.

Can't we all just get along?

Scored a copy (with a chance to get X-Com tomorrow!). Will get some good playtime in tonight, probably about 4 hours. I might beat it :eek:

O you. Did you get the Xbox or PS3 version?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
360. I'll type out some impressions if I can stop playing. Going for a no kill, hardest difficulty playthrough.

Eusis

How many difficulty levels are there again? I normally prefer Normal, but given how some games like Halo actually don't balance that as the intended difficulty, and seeing Hitman Absolution put Hard right in the middle makes me seriously reconsider how I approach difficulty.

Though I do prefer to research before deciding that, because some games are just BS beyond normal.

thats just not fair....

tumblr_m3xhswCj6G1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

pa22word

It took me about 20 hours on a stealth playthrough to finish.

Thank you. Hopefully this and the Ben Kuchera tweets help to stop all the irrational stupidity surrounding this.

How many difficulty levels are there again? I normally prefer Normal, but given how some games like Halo actually don't balance that as the intended difficulty, and seeing Hitman Absolution put Hard right in the middle makes me seriously reconsider how I approach difficulty.

Though I do prefer to research before deciding that, because some games are just BS beyond normal.

I tweeted Harvey Smith a few weeks ago and had a nice little chat about the game's level design. I asked him what kind of difficulty a traditional Looking Glass fan should shoot for and he told me to "pick the 4th option".

Eusis

Thank you. Hopefully this and the Ben Kuchera tweets help to stop all the irrational stupidity surrounding this.
To be fair if you want to play the game like that 4 hour playthrough (easiest mode, beelining to objectives killing everything and dying a few hundred times) you probably ARE better off going for another first person game anyway. Then again Spec Ops is about 5 hours, so even that may not be a big deal if you just want some neat powers with your stupid short shooter.

pa22word

To be fair if you want to play the game like that 4 hour playthrough (easiest mode, beelining to objectives killing everything and dying a few hundred times) you probably ARE better off going for another first person game anyway. Then again Spec Ops is about 5 hours, so even that may not be a big deal if you just want some neat powers with your stupid short shooter.

...and to be fair if you're buying this game to play through on casual, skipping all the side content for the sake of it, running through areas because you can due to high health and lots of hints this isn't the type of game for you, and never was.

Eusis

...and to be fair if you're buying this game to play through on casual, skipping all the side content for the sake of it, running through areas because you can due to high health and lots of hints this isn't the type of game for you, and never was.
Yeah, pretty much my point. Unless you like the look of the game and don't mind, then uhh... well, I guess some people like to order fancy hamburgers and only eat the burger patty, I guess.

Fjordson

People confuse Bethesda the publisher with Bethesda the developer.
Aren't the Bethesda Game Studios issues on PS3? Either way, I realize this is Arkane and not them.

Why wouldn't it run okay? Seems all versions (yes, PC is god version) run just fine.
I should have clarified: I may be getting a PC sometime around the new year. If the 360 version has any major issues then I'll hold off until then, but if it's solid then I'll just play it on that. Plus, I think my definition of a "glaring" issue is widening the longer I'm stuck without a gaming PC. Played a bit of Darksiders II on 360 and the screen tearing and framerate was maddening.

This is going to sound weird but I like these face animations. Is not super scary realistic like most games these days, like how L.A. Noire made me just scratch my head.

L.A. Noire's facial animations was witch magic disguised as technology. I loved it.

But I really like the art style of this game. Strong art can not only give your game a unique look, but also help it stay relevant for a longer time such as Grim Fandango. That game still looks great all these years later.

Eusis

That I believe has more to do with the nature of the Gamebryo engine. It just wasn't/isn't suited well for the PS3 and the nature of Bethesda wanting to cross platform their games.
Well, half of it is what they do with Gamebryo. Catherine was just fine, but it was a lower scale puzzle game, not a sprawling open world.

For the PS3 version i have 3 serious questions.
1. FPS. Is it smooth or does it have some breakdowns while heavy combat or some areas? (i would forgive the second one but not the first one)
2. Loading times. How many and how long?
3. Is there a Trophy for getting al 7 endings?

Is this some sort of joke? it looks like it could of came out in 2005. fuck this gen already, we need new consoles. that looks pathetic. my brother has been in the 3d tech industry shit for 2 weeks now and he could make better facial animations that that.

Continue your trolling on 4Chan, sir.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It's not the console tech that makes those facial animations worse than the best out there, just the budget and priorities for the game. I think it's clearly not an AAA effort, even though they try to sell it as one (which may backfire, lots of marketing money could result in sales being lackluster so they avoid more games like it). I'm still glad it was made and did avoid other AAA trends though. But no, it's not a joke, you should probably really check out the game and buy it if you like its gameplay anyway.

Edit: wait, the player messing up like killing that chick is a bad point of the game? Lol? The graphics won't be as low res on PC btw. And why shouldn't any enemies ever disintegrate? It looks pretty cool and not every enemy will get that effect I think, just those assassin freaks maybe. How about looking into games beyond random gameplay clips? I mean, there are plenty proper plays showing the possibilities, er, possible, why focus on a random guy's clearly uneducated go of the tutorial level just to troll? I mean, this is the OT, it has a ton of media in the first post alone and you just somehow only found that one video? You try too hard.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Continue your trolling on 4Chan, sir.

just because I voice my opinion im a troll now? lol

to me it looks like utter shit. tell me one good thing in that clip? shitty low res graphics with rubbish animations, shitty combat system, kill people that disintegrate, and he spent half of the time killing the mistress.

to you it might look amazing, that is great.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Is this some sort of joke? it looks like it could of came out in 2005. fuck this gen already, we need new consoles. that looks pathetic. my brother has been in the 3d tech industry shit for 2 weeks now and he could make better facial animations that that.

haha go man go

Top Bottom