• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

Four autosaves? That is great for a game like this. Especially if you go for something like the no kill achievement.

Not only that but manual save anywhere is awesome. So glad they didn't forget about that. I'm definitely going to be playing multiple runs.

Xater

Not only that but manual save anywhere is awesome. So glad they didn't forget about that. I'm definitely going to be playing multiple runs.

Manual save is something I expected. 4 autosaves is awesome if you forget to save yourself. Sometimes I am so caught up in what is going on that I don#t save my progress even if I am trying something difficult.

neoism

REUPLOAD of the CVG review. Get it quick guys!!

Edit: For those who want nothing spoiled. Don't worry, this video doesn't seem to spoil anything, it's mostly the same footage we've seen already but with two people talking about the game in a pretty general way. It seems like the reviewer wanted to praise this(which he did) without giving anything away.

video is courtesy of KareBear

damn now its a buy again... is the 15 off on GMG stopping tuesday. or is it longer... game looks amazing

Moofers

I already knew I wanted this on day one (ever since I saw it at E3 this year) but I think its time I go throw them a pre-order because this just looks so awesome that I want to support it as much as possible.

PS3 version for me!

Camp Lo

Banned
What is the tiff about the loading time? Is that just for 360 users? I haven't experienced anything too bad on the PS3 version.

Camp Lo

Banned
what's up with ToysRUs breaking the street date? o_O

Not every game is required to be held until street date. Some games, like this one, can be sold as soon as it gets put into their system; you just have to ask if they them in stock and if they're willing to check if it rings up on the register, you can get it.

Games like AC3 won't ring up UNTIL its street release, but they have them in stock long before. This is what the TRU clerk told me when he sold me Dishonored.

Does the PS3 version have a mandatory install?

Yes, 5 GB. I'm assuming it's not mandatory for 360 with all this loading time talk.

Spookie

Any words on if it's worth it to get the PC version or if you should stick to the console versions? Is the PC version just a shitty port?

They played the onstage demo of Dishonoured at Eurogamer on a PC. People have already posted all the graphical settings and it has support for custom FoV's.

It's a solid PC game.

damn now its a buy again... is the 15 off on GMG stopping tuesday. or is it longer... game looks amazing

I'm unsure as to when the 25% off code will become inactive, but I'd imagine it'll go for at least the next 3 days or so.

Even still, GMG has similar promotions all the time so if you couldn't buy it now, you could/can in the very near future with a similar discount. Though, it's still good now though if you don't want to wait. GMG generally doesn't have better than 25% off codes either, so it's about as good as it gets.

epmode

I've found that even shitty PC ports tend to be the definitive versions. Recent exceptions: Satint's Row 2, Dark Souls (in the 30 minutes before Durante's patch was released).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Made a bunch of avatars from the Tales from Dunwall shorts, if anybody wants them.

av1pio7t.jpg
av21cq6o.jpg
av3w1q81.jpg
av4bfq88.jpg
av51mpee.jpg
av6kvod1.jpg
av7hyp2n.jpg

av8bpqmk.jpg
av9yrp1t.jpg
av102dr4m.jpg
av11cpqvs.jpg
av12ojq6c.jpg
av13yiosh.jpg

Made a bunch of avatars from the Tales from Dunwall shorts, if anybody wants them.
av12ojq6c.jpg

This is my favorite one. So cool.

edit: I don't change my avatar as I like to have a quasi E-identity(?) but this is the most bad ass one for sure. Holy Crap deserves this one, as long as he gives us more delicious first impressions of his playthrough.

The Chef

God that CVG review got me so hyped.
"If you think you should be able to do something in the game it will let you do that."
"A once in a generation sort of game"
Holy crap.

Sweet Avatars Children

lettermassing

Neo Member
How many hours until this goes up on Steam like in America? Might do what I did with Deus Ex and use a VPN to play it early.

Is anyone else getting Bioshock vibes right about now?

jaaz

Watched the CVG review. The powers look awesome. How do they keep them from being over-powered? Like the stasis or bullet-time power. Is there like a mana-type pool or cool-down mechanic?

Jb

Watched the CVG review. The powers look awesome. How do they keep them from being over-powered? Like the stasis or bullet-time power. Is there like a mana-type pool or cool-down mechanic?

You have a limited amount of mana. Not sure if you can refill it during a mission.

Mr. Sam

I appreciate I'm a few pages late, but fantastic OP - one of my favourites.

I managed to play a good chunk of Dishonored at Eurogamer; it was pretty fantastic. I love how the game accommodates your ingenuity and encourages creativity. Unfortunately, I've pretty much spent my annual gaming allowance on pre-orders for Pokemon White 2 and Halo 4 - I know, I know - so I'll only be picking this up soon if I can find a good deal somewhere.

Brannon

On an off note, saw the game on the shelves of Toys 'R Us (Near Lenox Mall, Atlanta, GA, USA) in the PS3 section.

So there's that.

Rage is actually a good game for the first three hours. Great gunplay/shooting mechanics and then the game just takes a turn for the worse. Easily one of the worst games I've ever played.

SparkTR

I pre-ordered it on GMG, the videos look too much like Thief for me to ignore. Even if it's a System Shock 2 -> Bioshock kind of drop it'll still be worth it I guess.

Top Bottom