• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

seeds19

Banned
Just got back from Toys R Us with it

4qRhE.jpg

Post impressions as soon as you can.

Yeah I saw it for sale at a Kmart here in Miami a few days ago. Didn't have the money at the moment. Don't think it's too hard to find a copy now.

Camp Lo

Banned
Okay, I've been playing for a good half hour.

First thing, RATS! Seriously, these fucking things are deadly and I love 'feeding' them.

The introduction was short but sweet, showing off some assassins and how they warp around.

I don't know who isn't feeling the artstyle but I love it. It's like Dark City and Bioshock.

I had to mess around with the speed of the controls, it felt kind of sluggish at first but as the game gave me the world to explore, it started to come together.

Um... what else. Oh combat, let's just say that feel of Bioshock returns for me. I'm not a fan of first person swordfighting as it doesn't feel like you're acting fighting but just hacking at your enemy but the kill moves are brutal.

As far as performance on PS3, it's been silky smooth. The game requires an install, 5 gbs I think. Right now, no problems but I'm only a half hour in.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

First thing, RATS! Seriously, these fucking things are deadly and I love 'feeding' them.

The introduction was short but sweet, showing off some assassins and how they warp around.

I don't know who isn't feeling the artstyle but I love it. It's like Dark City and Bioshock.

I had to mess around with the speed of the controls, it felt kind of sluggish at first but as the game gave me the world to explore, it started to come together.

Um... what else. Oh combat, let's just say that feel of Bioshock returns for me. I'm not a fan of first person swordfighting as it doesn't feel like you're acting fighting but just hacking at your enemy but the kill moves are brutal.

As far as performance on PS3, it's been silky smooth. The game requires an install, 5 gbs I think. Right now, no problems but I'm only a half hour in.

Great impressions thanks!

But is it fun? :p

How long did the 5 GB install take? Also the framerate is good? no screen tearing?

Camp Lo

Banned
Just got killed for the first time. The game is kind of pushing me towards being stealthy more so than anything else. Maybe because I'm too weak to go one on one (or one on five in this instance)

You have this Metal Gear ! type of system when you're around enemies. I'm playing on Normal and they are VERY vigilant.

Okay, yeah, this time around being stealthy was EXTREMELY more beneficial. They don't seem to be alerted when an enemy dies by them.

Camp Lo

Banned
Okay, just found out something I'm not sure if it's a spoiler or not, so I'll label it

I got to a point where the game gave me a 'mission completed' screen. I didn't know this game was like that, I thought it was open world. I don't mean "you completed this quest" I mean, episodic.

Also,
just did my aerial assassination. I flubbed the first time around trying to play it like Assassin's Creed. It took me 3 times to get it right. It's a "press x at the last moment" type of action. The animation for that was lackluster but you don't lose any health from big falls if you preform it correctly.

branny

^Haha, it's okay. Those don't need to be spoilered. :p

Just got killed for the first time. The game is kind of pushing me towards being stealthy more so than anything else. Maybe because I'm too weak to go one on one (or one on five in this instance)
Interesting.

Camp Lo

Banned
Keep the impressions coming sir...avoiding spoilers of course. BTW, is it comparable to deux ex hr?

Okay, having only played that a little, I don't remember it feeling quite like this. I remember that game didn't really want you to kill anyone. This one just doesn't want you to be rambo at the moment.

Camp Lo

Banned
So is it this years sleeper hit/bioshock?

As the game opens up more and more, it seems pretty damn legit. I can't even describe to you how much getting that teleport makes this game feel so good! I feel like up until this point was a damn tutorial.

Did you have a choice to get it or not, or is it given to you automatically?

This game is pretty linear, there's not much choice; just here's your next mission. It's funny I was just thinking about that as I was asked "Do you want to go to sleep?" or "do you want to look around some more.."

So you know you you have to go without sleep until you finish the game right? Inquiring minds need to know how long it is. Just an FYI for you so put the coffee on :p

Camp Lo

Banned
How's the atmosphere? That's what I want to know about.

I'm a section that feels like the scarecrow area from Batman AA. Aside from this, it's been like a brighter Bioshock? I haven't experienced much of the city since the beginning of the game.

Okay, just got an upgrade point to use towards my powers. Not sure what to use it on though. Here's my options:

Dark Vision - "See in the dark and see living beings through walls, including their fields of vision. Representations of the sounds that you make are also visible."
Blink (teleport) - Can't upgrade now
Possession - Allows control of animal targets for a short duration
Bend Time - Slows down time
Devouring Storm - RATS!! I fucking love 'em
Wind Blast - "Powerful wind that can push back or knock down enemies and shatter doors"

Or I can add to enhancements, Vitality, Blood Thirsty (think berserk mode), Agility, and Shadow Kill ("Unaware enemies who don't see you turn to ash as they die")

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't see the point requirement. I have to pick Dark Vision or Vitality. I'll go with Dark Vision.

Top Bottom