• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

witness

Just got back from Toys R Us with it

4qRhE.jpg

Oh shit Orlando, I'm in Lake Mary. Are they just selling it like any other game? Might has to go there tomorrow and get a PS3 copy also......

MMaRsu

This comment on Giantbomb made me cry..it seems their users are just as ignorant as the people who make the vids ( although I love GB :p )

Brandinoon Sept. 19, 2012 at 5:20 p.m.

Looks great but since i only have a PS3 i won't be able to enjoy much of it because like past Bethesda games it will completely break and be unplayable for 1-2 months until they "fix" it. It's really a shame i never got to finish FO:NV or Skyrim because of those game breaking problems. I tried to go back to Skyrim after they "fixed" the problem but was still unplayable :-/

Maybe i should just suck it up and buy a 360.

lol

This comment on Giantbomb made me cry..it seems their users are just as ignorant as the people who make the vids ( although I love GB :p )

lol

Yeah they are all over the place those types of comments I suppose people didn't see the Arkane studios sign on the cover.

Camp Lo

Banned
Oh shit Orlando, I'm in Lake Mary. Are they just selling it like any other game? Might has to go there tomorrow and get a PS3 copy also......

Yeah, I drove down there from Altamonte Springs but you should call first and make sure you tell them others have come in to pick this game up. I called up the TRU by Sanford and they were acting like they had no idea what I was talking about.

The clerk today said there are certain games that don't follow a particular street date. Games like Assassin's Creed won't ring up before its release date, but this did.

lol
I mean you can't really blame them...you know that whole fool me once thing and all. And Bethesda is pretty much most people notice

witness

Yeah, I drove down there from Altamonte Springs but you should call first and make sure you tell them others have come in to pick this game up. I called up the TRU by Sanford and they were acting like they had no idea what I was talking about.

The clerk today said there are certain games that don't follow a particular street date. Games like Assassin's Creed won't ring up before its release date, but this did.

Alright I will call them in the morning, thanks!

Lingitiz

hmm still havn't decided if i want to get pc or 360

any thoughts?

There really is not reason to get the 360 version over the PC version (kinda true with any multiplatform game if you have an adequate system). Better graphics/performance, m&k, cheaper preorder on GMG, steamworks support, etc.

Camp Lo

Banned
Just got my first major kill mission. Will give impressions on that in a bit.

On second thought, this is where the game truly opens up so I can't even say anything without spoiling stuff.

Camp Lo

Banned
How long have you been playing it? Does it seem like it'll go on for more than the "4-8 hours" being thrown around?

For about... 3 hours now. As far as that time, short answer is Hell No.

At this point, I don't know how the game could be done in that little amount of time unless you don't care about building your abilities. You'd have to run from everyone unless you could some how manage to separately kill all the enemies in your way.

When enemies are on to you, they come in packs. If you could somehow manage to not get yourself killed, the missions are pretty straightforward. I don't know. You'd have to try hard to not go off the beaten path here.

I'm on my first real mission. The game is open to me now; I can't help but to go everywhere but to mission checkpoints.

ironcreed

Banned
Okay, I've been playing for a good half hour.

First thing, RATS! Seriously, these fucking things are deadly and I love 'feeding' them.

The introduction was short but sweet, showing off some assassins and how they warp around.

I don't know who isn't feeling the artstyle but I love it. It's like Dark City and Bioshock.

I had to mess around with the speed of the controls, it felt kind of sluggish at first but as the game gave me the world to explore, it started to come together.

Um... what else. Oh combat, let's just say that feel of Bioshock returns for me. I'm not a fan of first person swordfighting as it doesn't feel like you're acting fighting but just hacking at your enemy but the kill moves are brutal.

As far as performance on PS3, it's been silky smooth. The game requires an install, 5 gbs I think. Right now, no problems but I'm only a half hour in.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Excellent news. Cannot wait to download it off PSN. Paid for and ready to go.

hitmon

Bethesda and Arkane should thank TRU for breaking street date. They now have another sale as a result.

Please keep the impressions coming Holy Crap.

I kinda got screwed here by Gamefly starting to ship it early. My queue wasn't set to be clear until Monday, so I'm not going to be getting this for maybe another week...

Camp Lo

Banned
Bethesda and Arkane should thank TRU for breaking street date. They now have another sale as a result.

Please keep the impressions coming Holy Crap.

I'm still on my first major mission and I'm loving it. I've learned how to defend myself so no more deaths. I've somewhat mastered blinking (teleporting) so that adds a whole new element on stealth and kills. This game is awesome.

M.W.

I'm still on my first major mission and I'm loving it. I've learned how to defend myself so no more deaths. I've somewhat mastered blinking (teleporting) so that adds a whole new element on stealth and kills. This game is awesome.

Have you unlocked any sidequests?

Camp Lo

Banned
Have you unlocked any sidequests?

They're all optional so you don't have to unlock anything. I did one earlier that introduced me to a creepy NPC, far too creepy to not have some type of story arc. I gained a skill point or Rune from it.

I'm about to dive into another one right now.

The game's layout is a main map then you have these areas you go into, houses/warehouses to start the sidequest. I don't know if they're all like that but they are on the first major mission map.

I never thought about getting the strategy guide till now I know its 20 bucks but doesn't Gamestop give some sort of a deal.

edit: wow its 12.99 on amazon thats good. Wow that shipping time it takes it is the same price as gamestop.

jgminto

I loved watching that video. The player was pretty average but it was so cool to notice a bunch of potential paths and strategies to take through the level. I feel like this is a game I am going to replay and replay and replay.

Top Bottom