• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

Camp Lo

Banned
So this is rph..ish, deus ex..y?

tumblr_m8cxmvzuqE1rpntveo1_400.gif

Xander51

Disk drives are ancient history. We need consoles with hard drives that are so large you can install tons of games on them. Then you'd only use the disk to use as a disk check.

Truly, then they'd be mini-pcs.

That's...more or less what you can do right now with a 360.

I am modestly pumped for this game. Enjoyed Arkane's earlier stuff, glad that this still has some of their trademark melee combat.

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
I can't wait to get my hands on this game on PC in a couple days. I'm surprised at how many Chicken Littles there still are in this thread thinking this game is four hours long.

Thanks for the nice avatar too.

Tess3ract

Banned
That's...more or less what you can do right now with a 360.

I am modestly pumped for this game. Enjoyed Arkane's earlier stuff, glad that this still has some of their trademark melee combat.
Not enough. Imagine steam, but you keep the disk in the drive (so there is ultimately a use for having the disk for people with slow internet/no internet)

So, I really want this.

My gaming for the past few weeks has been FIFA 13, and I'm still more than happy to stick with that for the time being, but the more impressions I read the more I want it Friday.

Sounds really special.

Loads times on 360 are not that long, least when it comes to being installed. Pretty impressed with how fast it loads to different areas. Graphics feel somewhat weak, washed out even, but the style makes up for it. Def reminds me of Half life 2 and bio shock in different ways.

Loads times on 360 are not that long, least when it comes to being installed. Pretty impressed with how fast it loads to different areas. Graphics feel somewhat weak, washed out even, but the style makes up for it. Def reminds me of Half life 2 and bio shock in different ways.

How big is an area? How much loading is there overall?

How big is an area? How much loading is there overall?

Well imagine decent hub areas. Then other exits to smaller areas like specific peoples houses, or locations. The loading seems 4-6 seconds. Give or take. You have to hit the a button to continue once it finished loading and usually I end up spacing out cause it happens so fast and I don't realize and then press a to continue.

*edit* well seem to vary 5-10 seconds seem like a better load time. Still hardly longgggggg.

The Chef

I've learned when it comes to multiplat games this gen I just go with 360. It's always a safe call.

I can't believe that Amazon won't do same day delivery on prime anymore. They want me to spend $3 for next day. Definitely not renewing that. Says I won't get it till Friday. I'm pissed.

I've learned when it comes to multiplat games this gen I just go with 360. It's always a safe call.

I can't believe that Amazon won't do same day delivery on prime anymore. They want me to spend $3 for next day. Definitely not renewing that. Says I won't get it till Friday. I'm pissed.

Doesn't Prime give you free two-day shipping? I don't have Prime but that's the speed they had me pick for Halo 4 release date delivery.

~Kinggi~

Banned

Pretty sure this is related to late preorders. If you preorder week+ in advance its free. Its a new change though. They used to be free up until last minute.

Andrew.

Banned

Optionally, is it really that much of an issue to get a refund and then just, you know, leave your house/apartment and venture out to an actual store and just pick it up so you have it day one?

Never understand you guys with your immediate gratification needs. If you want it day one, you can get it day one. Amazon aren't assholes when it comes to refunds.

Squire

Banned
Doesn't Prime give you free two-day shipping? I don't have Prime but that's the speed they had me pick for Halo 4 release date delivery.

It does, but you still need to order while RDD is an option. You still pick Two-Day Ship., but they just send the game out early enough for you to get it the day it's out. He waited too late, so now RDD is no longer an option and the soonest they can ship it out is on Tuesday.

It does, but you still need to order while RDD is an option. You still pick Two-Day Ship., but they just send the game out early enough for you to get it the day it's out. He waited too late, so now RDD is no longer an option and the soonest they can ship it out is on Tuesday.

Gotcha. Didn't know they had a time limit for RDD.

The Chef

Optionally, is it really that much of an issue to get a refund and then just, you know, leave your house/apartment and venture out to an actual store and just pick it up so you have it day one?

Never understand you guys with your immediate gratification needs. If you want it day one, you can get it day one. Amazon aren't assholes when it comes to refunds.

No tax, I don't have to go to GameStop or somethin and I usually get cool preorder bonuses and it shows up at my door usually before 2:00. Pretty hard to beat.

Usually with every preorder it says "select two day shipping for release day delivery for prime!" Not this time. :/

Elios83

This has been a really poor year for home consoles.
I really hope that Dishonored, AC3 and Hitman can take the bad taste away.

Kard8p3

I'm hoping I'll get lucky and Amazon will get Dishonored to me Tuesday, otherwise I'm going to be waiting an extra day, which will suck beyond belief.

In some videos the character is clearly in the line of sight of an NPC having a conversation but nothing happens.

Is it because the mode is easy and NPCs can't see far ahead of themselves or is it just bad stealth?

I think I remember them saying something in one of the videos about how guards in conversations would be distracted and wouldn't see you as easily as they would otherwise

I will be pre-loading this game tomorrow morning on Steam! Can't wait to play it!

Do we know anything regarding to PC version, more specially graphics upgrades and such over the console versions?

I think I read somewhere that this game uses the Unreal engine, but not sure.So that means no AA if its using deferred rendering, just FXAA under dx9.

I will be pre-loading this game tomorrow morning on Steam! Can't wait to play it!

Do we know anything regarding to PC version, more specially graphics upgrades and such over the console versions?

I think I read somewhere that this game uses the Unreal engine, but not sure.So that means no AA if its using deferred rendering, just FXAA under dx9.

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/07/13/a-look-at-dishonoreds-many-ui-options/

Post on Bethesda's blog about the PC enhancements.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Can anyone post his general feelings about the game though?

Towards the end:

"This is a really, really strong title. It's got a lot of very real choices in it, even if it's not just a case of making choices in the dialogue system. It's more about choice of play style. And the fact the entire game is built around very severe consequences for those choices. The chaos system ensures that if you want to be violent, that you want to take the path of least or most bloody resistance, then you're gonna run into some rather curious issues later on in the game. Which may or may not affect your enjoyment.

That does make the game somewhat more replayable, I have to say. I'm really interested to see where they go with DLC with this game, and whether or not it actually gets a full sequel. I think that they've done a great job, I really do. And for someone who likes this style of game this is definitely one of the better ones I've played. There have been games that have attempted it and not really nailed it down as well as Dishonored has.

I do have a few concerns about the length of the game, and that could be a concern for you too. (price discussion). It's really good. It really, really is. And maybe it doesn't live up to the hype for some people, but for me I was looking for an FPS/stealth hybrid in a really interesting world, and that's exactly what I got. That's what Dishonored managed to deliver. So well done to Arkane for that. It's great, I've had a ton of fun with this game, very little frustration indeed, and there are all sorts of amazing things that you can pull off in this game."

Pingoreous

This is what I am getting for defending you guys saying the ps3 version is good.
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1415251-i-got-the-game/

OK so according to that Bethesda forum post the PS3 version sucks with framerate and screen tearing issues. This is not the first time someone here gives the PS3 version a good review and then its not true. I really believe some people cannot see bad framerates and screen tearing. I wish for a video website like the old you tube were Bethesda can't take down videos. Bethesda keeps watching this site and shooting down anything on youtube that can shed some light into the always hidden PS3 version of games.

Towards the end:

"This is a really, really strong title. It's got a lot of very real choices in it, even if it's not just a case of making choices in the dialogue system. It's more about choice of play style. And the fact the entire game is built around very severe consequences for those choices. The chaos system ensures that if you want to be violent, that you want to take the path of least or most bloody resistance, then you're gonna run into some rather curious issues later on in the game. Which may or may not affect your enjoyment.

That does make the game somewhat more replayable, I have to say. I'm really interested to see where they go with DLC with this game, and whether or not it actually gets a full sequel. I think that they've done a great job, I really do. And for someone who likes this style of game this is definitely one of the better ones I've played. There have been games that have attempted it and not really nailed it down as well as Dishonored has.

I do have a few concerns about the length of the game, and that could be a concern for you too. (price discussion). It's really good. It really, really is. And maybe it doesn't live up to the hype for some people, but for me I was looking for an FPS/stealth hybrid in a really interesting world, and that's exactly what I got. That's what Dishonored managed to deliver. So well done to Arkane for that. It's great, I've had a ton of fun with this game, very little frustration indeed, and there are all sorts of amazing things that you can pull off in this game."

Thanks!

This game is shaping up to be everything I had hoped it would be.

jgminto

Interesting. He brings up that the game, unlike Human Revolution, makes lethal tactics much more varied and quicker than non-lethal, for example a lethal CQ takedown is much longer than a lethal one. Seems like that will make a non-lethal playthrough much more challenging.

Top Bottom