• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

Derrick01

Banned
From the RPS review

This is a revenger’s tale, with all of the high stakes, catharsis, double crosses and villainy that the form can play host to. But despite all of that – despite the cast of loyalists, rebels, victims, nobles and traitors – Dishonored is the tale of a city. And what a city it is. I haven’t wanted to study and explore a place as much as this since Thief introduced its marvellous warren of secrets, and it’s not only in its superb creation of an urban space both fantastical and relatable that Arkane’s game brings Looking Glass’s work to mind. Dishonored is almost certainly the finest stealth game I’ve played since the dawn of The Metal Age.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/08/wot-i-think-dishonored/

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

ironcreed

Banned
So happy that this game is indeed looking to be all that. It's one of those deals where you could just tell every time you watched footage of it.

Wunder

Sorry to just wander in and ask, but are there any deals going on? This game looks awesome but I have a habit of looking for deals no matter what the game is. Thanks!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fuck
It feels like a game from another timeline, one where Thief and System Shock set the bar for what first-person games could be, leading to designs that were built around intelligent use of space and world-building.

Fuck fuck fuck

I'm in. 60 godamn dollars and I'm in

Eusis

Well, I guess it's possible, but if it happens it's probably tomorrow at best.

I figured I'd wait in case they offered them early, but at this point it's cutting too close to the end of the GMG deal, so I ordered.

neoism

motherfucking online banking :/ First time in like 30 days I got to check my balance and the site is fucked up....I'm so torn I want this for $45 but waiting is sooo lame

Im 5 hours in. Game is a lot of fun. Combat, stealth work really well; tons of items/upgrades to find. AI and story seem decent enough. Art style is awesome and any game with Bioshock style audio messages to find is okay in my books.

It really bothers be how shitty the blood looks and how quick and spastic a lot of the animations are, wish it was a bit more polished visually. Game looks amazing otherwise and I'm picking it up ASAP.

zomaha

Im 5 hours in. Game is a lot of fun. Combat, stealth work really well; tons of items/upgrades to find. AI and story seem decent enough. Art style is awesome and any game with Bioshock style audio messages to find is okay in my books.

what are your impressions of the level size and density? lots of buildings with rooms to explore?

Jonm1010

Banned
Welp this sucks.

Hype is through the roof now. But I have work and school and borderlands 2 to finish so I guess I'll have to buy this(to help sales) and shelf it for a few weeks

Kud Dukan

I cannot express how happy I am that this game is reviewing well. Now I just hope it sells. Come on people, we're always bitching about constant sequels, so an awesome new IP like this had better sell well!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Watching Slasher's stream.

I see why one reviewer mentioned something along the lines of some of the characters making you want to break a no kill run, and execute them...

edit: Yea, I'm buying the fuck out of this. Not watching to much more. Looks fucking amazing.

A.I. that actually wants you dead when you're spotted. yass

Hype. Overload. Not only is this game within the same genre as my favourite games, it also seems to be getting universally high review scores. Not that I care about any outlet not named RPS, but still.

Just bought on GMG for 45. I have pretty much had a complete media blackout since the announcement trailer, but it was awesome so I have faith.

Jonm1010

Banned
It is possible to play 2 games at once!
Not for me haha. I'll inevitably choose one over the other and then another game will come out and I'll throw the one that got sidelined into my backlog and possibly never see it again.

Borderlands this week and maybe next, dishonored from there until the next big release.

Bullshit. This game is only four hours long.

I can't wait for Tuesday.

Jonm1010

Banned
I cannot express how happy I am that this game is reviewing well. Now I just hope it sells. Come on people, we're always bitching about constant sequels, so an awesome new IP like this had better sell well!
Yep.

It's why Im buying it this week even though it'll be a week or two til I can get to it.

A game Iike this selling well can make a lot of developers rethink their pre-conceived notion about original IPs selling well and especially original IPs seeling well late in a generation.

Watching Slasher's stream.

I see why one reviewer mentioned something along the lines of some of the characters making you want to break a no kill run, and execute them...

edit: Yea, I'm buying the fuck out of this. Not watching to much more. Looks fucking amazing.

A.I. that actually wants you dead when you're spotted. yass

The only thing I dislike and its a beef that a lot of stealth games fall to is if your spot by one sometimes it feels like the whole calvary is notified even when no alarm has been tripped.

Top Bottom