• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

Dat review embargo is almost over so then every site will blow there load with videos and stuff that will have spoilers, just want to see the scores.

SparkTR

The only concern about this game I have now is the length. Around 20 hours for a Thief-like stealth run and I'll be happy.

The only concern about this game I have now is the length. Around 20 hours for a Thief-like stealth run and I'll be happy.
I'm not too concerned with single playthrough length, I just want it to give me freedom in approach, then I can replay it for a hundred hours.

jgminto

TB mentions that if you rush through the game you can definitely finish this in a short amount of time but the exploration for loot, upgrades, sidequests and lore is a huge timesink. He's on chapter 7 and has played for 8 hours and has still missed things although he says he could have cut that down to 6 if he was playing more competently. He says while the length can be a concern for some, the game also warrants two playthroughs at least.

TB mentions that if you rush through the game you can definitely finish this in a short amount of time but the exploration for loot, upgrades, sidequests and lore is a huge timesink. He's on chapter 7 and has played for 8 hours and has still missed things although he says he could have cut that down to 6 if he was playing more competently. He says while the length can be a concern for some, the game also warrants two playthroughs at least.
How many chapters are there?

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
3bNJb.jpg

Oh Neil, I could get lost in your eyes <333

Most of the videos I've seen shows the player having access to a lot of special powers/gadgets.Was this shown to give the player an idea of what's available to the player ie everything unlocked? This would obviously make the game much easier and less fun.

Probably been answered already.

The Chef

Someone a few pages back did a stealth playthrough and said it took him about 20 hours so I'd say your good.

I bet my stealth game will take me twice that. I am going to hide in the shadows for 15 minutes at a time waiting for the perfect moment. If its not exactly right ill probably reload and try again. I am obsessed with stealth.

I can't wait for the reviews. I think I might break down and get this day one, my first day one of the year. I was originally going to wait for a price drop for Dishonored, but fuck it. If the reviews are glowing I think I might dive in. ACIII was going to be my only day one this month, but that is already guaranteed to sell a bazillion copies. I figure if the game is as good as everyone is hinting at, I might as well give them day one support because god knows they are probably going to need all the sales they can get with a new IP and a fall launch date.

Jack_AG

Banned
Someone a few pages back did a stealth playthrough and said it took him about 20 hours so I'd say your good.

I bet my stealth game will take me twice that. I am going to hide in the shadows for 15 minutes at a time waiting for the perfect moment. If its not exactly right ill probably reload and try again. I am obsessed with stealth.
I am the same way :)

Squire

Banned
Amazon says delivery is Friday?? WTF

I've had dates like that before and it was always Thursday. Pretty sure they're just covering their ass. (Not sure where you live though. I'm from California.)

EDIT: I just bought it, btw. Got the same date as you.

ironcreed

Banned
From IGN - "Each mission is designed as a sandbox, allowing players to utilise whatever approach they want, and if you’re anything like me, you’ll take your time, getting the lay of the land, discovering alternate routes, listening in on conversations, taking on optional objectives, looking for secrets and treasure, and generally just playing."

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Reviews definitely indicate its something to my fancy. I've been going through Skyrim the last few days and the lack of a solid combat system, made me mod out the shit to add in dozens of new spells. Heh.

zomaha

sounds like the story (at least the ending) is the only thing that isn't top-notch. hopefully with enough good reviews and sales they'll dedicate more time and resources to make an even-better sequel.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I'm watching the Giant Bomb QL and wondering - why does the camera look so zoomed in? FOV looks really low and kinda gives me a headache.

Top Bottom