• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

Mr. F

Banned
I still don't understand complaints with the style, watching the Quick Look on Giant Bomb the art direction is fantastic. Great sense of place.

Eusis

Gametrailer's Review is up: 8.7

It is rather poorly written though which is par for the course on GT. They really need to cite their reviewers so I know who to ignore.
It's the biggest reason I don't take Gametrailers too seriously. As much as I don't like how they handle GotY awards I hate how reviewers aren't identified as it's good to get a feel for who you share opinions with and who you don't. Not unless their process is truely communal, but I can't see that being done justice short of either shorter games or co-op focused ones.

Glad to hear the game is awesome, with the overwhelmingly positive critical reception I'm sold on buying it this week over XCOM (which I might grab a couple of weeks later). Just wish I could afford both. :p

Arcteryx

Damn, alright, last time I looked at mine it said Wednesday, but maybe I'll check again in the morning just to be safe, thanks though!

I had this happen with XCOM, the preorder page said "to get it release day, select 2day", but when I looked at the arrival date it said wednesday...

After going back to the page yesterday, there was a new option: "to get it release day, select 1day".

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I wonder which ending reviewers are getting when they state that the story conclusion isn't good *GT and Giant Bomb mention this). There are multiple endings that depend on how you played the game.

Salsa

Considering jumping right in on hard.

the way to go. Specially if you're on PC with extra accuracy for a game designed with a gamepad scheme in mind

not that it's aim-heavy but the faster fidelity when making snap judgements should help

im gonna master this shit like a korean on starcraft

It's the biggest reason I don't take Gametrailers too seriously. As much as I don't like how they handle GotY awards I hate how reviewers aren't identified as it's good to get a feel for who you share opinions with and who you don't. Not unless their process is truely communal, but I can't see that being done justice short of either shorter games or co-op focused ones.
Just wait for the Invisible Walls, they usually mention who wrote it and discuss it.

Is the ending based on your actual playthrough, the way you played? Or on your decisions?

aasoncott

I don't know. Even after seeing these reviews

d01.jpg

I keep thinking that my budget is tight

d02.jpg

and that I can't really justify it with my backlog.

d03.jpg

I'll probably just wait until... wait a second, what just happened?

Lord Phol

Damn it I recently bought borderlands 2 and torchlight 2, kind of low on cash for the next three weeks but.. will have to get this D:.

Never used greenman gaming before but that discount is too good to pass on atm.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The game allows you to toggle on screen HUD icons while you play. Mission objectives and secret collectibles will be marked all the time on your screen. I recommend turning that shit off. Finding your way is simply too good in this to have it taken away from you.

Eusis

Actually, I wonder sometimes if part of the problem with backlogs is that you got a bunch of games for cheap you're SORT OF interested in but don't really care to tear through. It's why I worry more about the games I paid more for, and even then sometimes I just lost interest for whatever reason, maybe the games really weren't that great, or were victims either of being fickle and getting some neat new thing or from school/work overriding the game.

At any rate, if I REALLY want to play a game (or expect it to be rare/has an offer I really want/for fuck's sake I preordered the second I could and three days later it's out of stock?) then I'll get it ASAP, especially if I can get a solid deal, and this seems like it'll have the same effect as Bioshock where I rip through it immediately.

Jonm1010

Banned
I wonder which ending reviewers are getting when they state that the story conclusion isn't good *GT and Giant Bomb mention this). There are multiple endings that depend on how you played the game.

Just skimming some GT reviews to see how their opinions gel with mine and I'm not even worrying about them any more.

I know GAF frowns on x game scored lower then x game type posts but some of them were just baffling to me.

The aggregate whole of the reviews tells me this will be good, and knowing my likes and dislikes paire with what I know of this game I'm confident I'm gonna love it.

alba

Little is the new Big
Looking for someone from UK would could gift the game to me on steam so I get the TF2 pre-order bonuses (since it's $47 on the uk store) Cheers!

EDIT: And all sorted out, woot! :)

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
I don't know. Even after seeing these reviews

http://andcuriouser.com/shared/dishonored/d01.jpg[/IM

I keep thinking that my budget is tight

[IMG]http://andcuriouser.com/shared/dishonored/d02.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]http://andcuriouser.com/shared/dishonored/d03.jpg[/IG]

I'll probably just wait until... wait a second, what just happened?[/QUOTE]

haha I appreciate the effort for this post

Top Bottom