• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

ekim

Does anyone in Europe know a place to buy the game where you are able to play midnight tonight US time? I can't stand waiting until friday for it to be released here... I will just end up pirating the game, which I don't want to do against Arkane.

On PC? Just buy it on steam, preload and activate the game via VPN tomorrow.

I saw some preview videos where you gun someone and people in the next room won't be alerted by the noise or someone flew off a window straight through the field of view of another guard on a balcony and he stood there idle as well. Is this still the case?

Hmmm Can't say. Never really had that happen. Normally when a guy just falls over nearby in the field of vision the other guy comes running over. Hell sometimes I had to run and hide for a good while before they stopped looking for me. The ai can be brutal when it comes to going after you, finding you, and then swarming your ass. There was quite a few times where I would kill three guys, and another guy would show up, then two more, then another two and the bodies would just keep stacking.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Hmmm Can't say. Never really had that happen. Normally when a guy just falls over nearby in the field of vision the other guy comes running over. Hell sometimes I had to run and hidr for a good while before they stopped looking for me. The ai can be brutal when it comes to going after you, finding you, and then swarming your ass. There was quite a few times where I would kill three guys, and another guy would should, then two more, then another two and the bodies would just keep stacking.

sounds very good. I always hated to kill a guy and see that nobody cares because they are deaf and blind. I had to accept it as a gamey part.

sounds very good. I always hated to kill a guy and see that nobody cares because they are deaf and blind. I had to accept it as a gamey part.

Well don't get me wrong there are still those moments. Like someone being killed, everyone is on alert and searching like crazy and then "well he must have got away, carry on!"

ekim

Hmmm Can't say. Never really had that happen. Normally when a guy just falls over nearby in the field of vision the other guy comes running over. Hell sometimes I had to run and hide for a good while before they stopped looking for me. The ai can be brutal when it comes to going after you, finding you, and then swarming your ass. There was quite a few times where I would kill three guys, and another guy would show up, then two more, then another two and the bodies would just keep stacking.

Nice. Thanks for clarification

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I did stealth for a bit but at the end of the game I had too many moments where I panic and killed anything. The game has this tendency if you alert one enemy somehow all the enemies in a general vicinity just swarm you. Which I think is a bit bullshit especially when the guy you alert is killed right away and he has no time to hit and alarm or anything. Probably my biggest issue with the game.

Honestly I rushed the last two levels a missions but the last level felt extremely short anyways. If you absolutely comb over all the maps and read all the books and trying to do all the side quest I can see it lasting maybe 15, 20 hours, though I see a lot of people having around a general 8 -12 hour experience imo. Will be interesting to see what people get out of it.

The stealth alert system is concerning, seems like something that can be very annoying but might not really deter some gamer's experiences depending on how they approach the game. Like I said before, a potential 8-12 hour experience is a bit disappointing. I'm not usually one for side-quests or second play-throughs, so a rent might be a better option for me.

Anyways, thanks for the impressions. Still seems like a really great game.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Well don't get me wrong there are still those moments. Like someone being killed, everyone is on alert and searching like crazy and then "well he must have got away, carry on!"

they never go back to their lull state though according to devs. They are in a yellow light state or something like that.

zinder

It's always sad to see them make such basic mistakes.

Not going to lie, I like free stuff, like everybody else does. And I don't want to pirate, but when the publishers can't get their shit together and release games based on region on a digital platform without any good reason, I will.

On PC? Just buy it on steam, preload and activate the game via VPN tomorrow.

Alright. I did that with FIFA 13 on Origin but didn't realize it would work on Steam as well. Will probably do that, thanks.

Not going to lie, I like free stuff, like everybody else does. And I don't want to pirate, but when the publishers can't get their shit together and release games based on region on a digital platform without any good reason, I will.

Pretty sure your comment is also bannable though.

Hzoltan69

Does anyone in Europe know a place to buy the game where you are able to play midnight tonight US time? I can't stand waiting until friday for it to be released here... I will just end up pirating the game, which I don't want to do against Arkane.

If you consider the pirated version as a preview only and buy the game when it's available, then there's really no harm done..

If they don't ever go back to their lull mode I never noticed. Regardless I had a fun time gameplay amd mechanic wise. Its the story and lack of resolution on some things that diasappointed me the most. I was most impressed with the world they created and wanted to know more. Sad I didnt really care for any of the characters either.

I wonder if this game has that "holiday" feel to it... you know what I mean. Games that you love to play during the cold season around Thanksgiving/Christmas. Some that come to mind are Uncharted 2 (the snowy village particularly zomg), Twilight Princess, just about any Mario game, Halo, etc.

ced

I've had well placed faith in Arkane to create a good game, and I was already sold on the it, but I just watched the first 10 mins of the GB quick look and I know I'm going to fucking love this game.

It seems like the blink skill is just like the next version of the rope arrow from thief, and as long as the levels are designed to account for it, it makes it super fun.

uzit88

I'm mega excite for this game. I LOVED Deus EX on 360 and really want to get into this! Hopefully the it comes a day or two early! :p

d1rtn4p

I've read all the review summaries and they seem kind of vague to me. I still don't have any idea what this game is about or if it's fun :) Couple questions:

If I hated Bioshock but I loved Deus Ex: HR, will I like this game? Further to that, If I've beat both games, am I missing something here?

What's the replay value like? Any skills to continue building, collectables, and such?

I've read all the review summaries and they seem kind of vague to me. I still don't have any idea what this game is about or if it's fun :) Couple questions:

If I hated Bioshock but I loved Deus Ex: HR, will I like this game? Further to that, If I've beat both games, am I missing something here?

What's the replay value like? Any skills to continue building, collectables, and such?

There are 2 different endings based on a kill or no kill path. No respecing, and although you can replay past missions you have the powers at that time (not any you gained since).

gate777

Dishonoured?? Damn, this one flew under my radar! Just pulled the trigger on an Amazon pre-order 5 minutes ago. I love stealth gameplay.

Hopefully it's here by the weekend.

Sh1ner

Going to preorder this tonight, guys is there a guide to activating this over vpn via american region from the UK? is their a cost involved doing this?

I am buying this and Xcom (eventually).

SparkTR

Is it possible to enter the code now and play it tomorrow via vpn? Or do I have to activate it via vpn?

Activate it and preload it normally, after that the game with the VPN, go into offline mode and exit the VPN. Then stay in offline mode until it official releases in your region or else it'll go back to being locked.

Camp Lo

Banned
How many hours is it before the game releases in the US? Anyone know what is the equivalent UK time?

It's available now in certain Toys R Us.

Having played the game this weekend, it gets my GOTY. I've most all major releases this year and this far exceeds all of them. Looking back on it, I'm pretty blown away

FStop7

Banned
How many hours is it before the game releases in the US? Anyone know what is the equivalent UK time?

About 14 hours is when midnight hits on the US east coast and the game starts to go on sale in stores and unlocks in Steam.

Does anyone know when GMG is going to start sending out codes?

Sh1ner

I meant US PC release time as it gets online activated. I will be activating my version via VPN if I can pull it off.

So guys does it matter if I get the dishonoured EU copy or the standard one off greenmangaming? It won't let me buy the EU one... so I assume standard copy is fine? Will this affect my activation via VPN?

So many unsure questions./..

About 14 hours is when midnight hits on the US east coast and the game starts to go on sale in stores and unlocks in Steam.

Does anyone know when GMG is going to start sending out codes?

Thnx bro

Lusankya

I meant US PC release time as it gets online activated. I will be activating my version via VPN if I can pull it off.

So guys does it matter if I get the dishonoured EU copy or the standard one off greenmangaming?

Why should there be a difference?

I'm a bit on the fence about this game. I know most serious gamers love non-linear games, but I actually prefer more guided experiences. I always feel like maybe I took the wrong path or maybe I'm missing something far cooler by not taking the right instead of the left way or whatever. It's like I want to go one way and then backtrack as soon as possible and go the other way.

God knows why I'm like that.

Psykotik

got my copy a coupla hours ago woot

a0134a7425f8f4963a56bfd98976a997d2d582b9.JPG

played past the prologue mission. thinking of trying to do a complete stealth run the first time through.

just reached HQ. so far so good.

ironcreed

Banned
I'm a bit on the fence about this game. I know most serious gamers love non-linear games, but I actually prefer more guided experiences. I always feel like maybe I took the wrong path or maybe I'm missing something far cooler by not taking the right instead of the left way or whatever. It's like I want to go one way and then backtrack as soon as possible and go the other way.

God knows why I'm like that.

All the more reason to go back and play it again and get more bang for your buck. Choices and consequences offer replayability, which is a good thing.

Top Bottom