• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

Jack_AG

Banned
got my copy a coupla hours ago woot

a0134a7425f8f4963a56bfd98976a997d2d582b9.JPG

played past the prologue mission. thinking of trying to do a complete stealth run the first time through.

just reached HQ. so far so good.

Any massive screen tearing or stuttering (framerate drops) on the PS3 version?

Camp Lo

Banned
got my copy a coupla hours ago woot

a0134a7425f8f4963a56bfd98976a997d2d582b9.JPG

played past the prologue mission. thinking of trying to do a complete stealth run the first time through.

just reached HQ. so far so good.

Good shit.

Do you find yourself reloading autosaves when you mess up a blink and get seen? I try not but I can't help it.

All the more reason to go back and play it again and get more bang for your buck. Choices and consequences offer replayability, which is a good thing.

That's probably why people like non-linear games so much. But I very rarely replay games. I try to just take my time and enjoy my one playthrough as much as possible. And I like to see and do everything in that playthrough.

I'll probably still get this game anyway eventually, because it sounds like a rich story-driven experience with a cool fictional setting, and I'm a sucker for that.

Truant

PC versions looks amazing and plays great with both KB/M and gamepad. Going with gamepad until I get a better wireless mouse.

PCixty gaming is the best thing to ever happen this generation!

That's probably why people like non-linear games so much. But I very rarely replay games. I try to just take my time and enjoy my one playthrough as much as possible. And I like to see and do everything in that playthrough.

I'll probably still get this game anyway eventually, because it sounds like a rich story-driven experience with a cool fictional setting, and I'm a sucker for that.

Maybe all of the paths are equally cool. :)

Derrick01

Banned
Guys, go and check the keys page in your GMG account. I haven't got my e-mail yet, but my code was there and I'm downloading now.

Yeah it was in my keys section too. You can't even go to your game page because it'll just say download, you have to go to the actual key section.

smr00

Banned

Yeah i don't do a whole lot of replaying, mostly because of limited time.

But since i am pretty much done with shooters (IE COD, MOH) i will have more time to replay stuff i really enjoyed and since this is the only game out i want until AC3 i am going to try to at least replay every level twice.

ekim

i7 920 @ 3.6 ghz
6GB RAM
GTX 580

It's UE3, after all. Recommend setting the gamma down a bit, as it can look kinda weird and washed out if bright. More so than most games.

mh... I really hope my notebook can run it on an adequate graphical setting. (i5 3GHz, 8 GB Ram, GT 540M)

Psykotik

Any massive screen tearing or stuttering (framerate drops) on the PS3 version?

screen tearing doesnt really bother me but it's there if you look for it. didnt notice any stuttering. nothing immediately noticable, but then again, i wasn't actively looking out for it. i'm pretty sure somebody with more sensitive eyes can confirm or deny this.

Good shit.

Do you find yourself reloading autosaves when you mess up a blink and get seen? I try not but I can't help it.

yup. guilty.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm so glad GMG got the keys out at the last minute. I didn't mind playing Xcom at midnight but this is the game I've been looking forward to all year and I wanted to go nuts with it tonight.

Beckx

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, my search-fu is weak I didn't find it: will the console version have the PC's option to turn off many of the interace items (objective markers, etc.)?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
im hearing you cant go back when you finish and complete missions with all your gear unlocked? Anyone know if thats something the pc modders could handle?

SparkTR

im hearing you cant go back when you finish and complete missions with all your gear unlocked? Anyone know if thats something the pc modders could handle?

I'm sure there are a bunch of developer commands to get full gear in the game already. It seems pretty easy to achieve.

Psykotik

oh, one thing to note, just like red dead redemption and sleeping dogs, the X and O on screen button prompts in game are messed up if you're playing on an asian PS3 console.

it says O when it means X and X when it means O.

Claude

Catalina's bitch
Damn, none of the Toys R Us stores around me are selling Dishonored early.

Guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Sh1ner

PC versions looks amazing and plays great with both KB/M and gamepad. Going with gamepad until I get a better wireless mouse.

PCixty gaming is the best thing to ever happen this generation!

Note to self, buy a 360 gamepad. Have you managed to already activate your game? Or did you play the game at some show?
Edit:
Since I am a PS3 fan, would this game be compatible with a PS3 controller?

Top Bottom