• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

I am utterly shocked and disappointed in myself that this game flew below my radar. All the rave reviews have caught my attention though and I will be going to pay my game off at lunch. This is gonna be an awesome week.

Lucifon

I wasn't expecting this until tomorrow but I just received my Dishonored key from GMG. Check your e-mail people!

This :)

Tempted to do a VPN unlock here in the UK, never done it before but heard that people have got their accounts banned from it. My steam account is worth far too much to me now to have it locked out...

SLV

This :)

Tempted to do a VPN unlock here in the UK, never done it before but heard that people have got their accounts banned from it. My steam account is worth far too much to me now to have it locked out...

I dont think that they ban anyone for activating a game earlier, it is the buying part that gets people in trouble !

Was going to pass on this but with the reviews this is getting and the mentions of DE: HR it's a no brainier. Picking it up at lunch

SLV

same here. It's going to be hard knowing lots of people here are playing it from tomorrow and we have to wait until friday.

bethesda is the publisher so why didn't they have a worldwide release? really annoying that they didn't.

Well, i could also ask them why cant i buy Rage and Skyrim on steam in my country, alas... bethesda sucks !

One thing that bugs me is that it does not have first person body awareness.

I know only 4 developers that do this. Starbreeze, Monolith, DICE (required for Mirror's Edge since it's a platformer), and Bungie.

If they put it in, I just think it's a great bonus.

derFeef

I know only 4 developers that do this. Starbreeze, Monolith, DICE (required for Mirror's Edge since it's a platformer), and Bungie.

If they put it in, I just think it's a great bonus.

Arkane did it in Dark Messiah :)
One reason probably is that you are so depended on ledges etc. and it would kinda get in your way. I still would love it.

I didn't really have this on my radar till a couple of weeks ago but after reading the reviews and watching some videos there is no way in hell I am missing this game. Buying off GMG too, get the 25% off. Can't wait to dive in tomorrow. I love being able to support cool original IP's.

2 seconds or throw the disc out the window!

I'm so jealous of pc gamers, better graphics, access games earlier if you're in europe, adjustable field of view, much faster load times and overall a better, more user customizable experience.

no doubt there will be mods as well.

Mendrox

I meant the Stream. Just trying to help some GAFfer in all they want is to take a sneak peak. That's all ;)

Ya and I was trying to say that 1080p doesn't matter on a 720p game :O
Who cares, I love you. 1080p lags like hell and I have 100mbits >_< Funny to see how he does everything in another way as me :D

ironcreed

Banned

Great read. Here is a quote that can serve as the short version for those who can't be bothered:

"But there is one complaint that may reach a crescendo in short order, and that is the issue of length. For me, Dishonored was a deliciously long game, clocking in at about 25 hours even without the total replay I intend on having very soon. For someone else – someone who has a lot of numbers in the name they use when playing Halo 4, say – it will be insultingly short. It may not even make a double figures quantity of hours. That’s not the game’s fault, it’s theirs. They gobbled the onion up whole, too greedy or too lazy to peel apart its layers."

For those who take the time to explore, contemplate, do side quests and soak in what the game offers, length will be no issue. But those who blitz through it in berzerk mode will effectively miss the game and then complain that it is too short. I am glad they had the foresight to call this out before it happens.

rybrad

I am generally not the type of person to turn off things like quest objective markers but it just feels like that will be the "right" way to play this game. After reading the RPS post I think I am going to turn off almost everything.

Kud Dukan

I am generally not the type of person to turn off things like quest objective markers but it just feels like that will be the "right" way to play this game. After reading the RPS post I think I am going to turn off almost everything.

Yeah, I'm going to make a point of turning a lot of the settings off, which is something I almost never do. I think it'll be a way more enjoyable experience if I play it at a slow pace, instead of just running towards the objectives and finishing in 10 hours.

Revenant

Can't wait to jump into Dishonored tomorrow. That RPS article really makes it seem like the experience I was looking for. something that is going to give what you put into it, no FOLLOW above someone's head half the time, no constant explosions that the game forces me to watch by turning the camera, just something that allows you the freedom to make the game your own.

Tess3ract

Banned
8067502530_ec20452363_o.gif

8067537198_6b987e982f_o.gif

8067685077_3c0c55e620_o.gif

Enco

What a great fucking read. I'm turning off most HUD elements, unless there is something that might acclimate me to the game at first. But in the end, HUD will be off; the game sounds like a delightfully-dense time sink, so to speak. I'm so looking forward to it. Now if only time would be so kind...
Yea I might go for hard and no HUD.

Don't really do that but I'll give it a shot.

Solo

Pretty amusing to see to the change in perspectives around here. Dishonored threads used to max out at like 4 pages, and then we had that embarrassing thread not long ago with people calling it an Assassin's Creed/Bioshock rip-off. lol

Makes me feel good about have absolute faith in the game for a long time now.

dat validation

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Can't wait to jump into Dishonored tomorrow. That RPS article really makes it seem like the experience I was looking for. something that is going to give what you put into it, no FOLLOW above someone's head half the time, no constant explosions that the game forces me to watch by turning the camera, just something that allows you the freedom to make the game your own.

Yep. It definitely feels like the kind of game that would exist in ubiquity had Thief and its ilk made a bigger impact in the gaming landscape, and developers trusted their audience's intelligence a little more.

Makes me fell good about have absolute faith in the game for a long time now.

dat validation
Yep. Same feeling.

Yeah, I'm going to make a point of turning a lot of the settings off, which is something I almost never do. I think it'll be a way more enjoyable experience if I play it at a slow pace, instead of just running towards the objectives and finishing in 10 hours.

I'm doing the exact same thing. The sense of discovery will be much better if you don't have a big floating arrow on your screen.

dishonoreddownload.png

ahhh yeah, like I expected, woke up to find the key in my inbox.

Top Bottom