• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

ironcreed

Banned
I am just going to spend time mapping the areas out before embarking on an objective. After finding one way in, I plan to turn around and explore until I find all the others one by one before I make my plan of approach. I just want to stalk, find secrets and learn the environment, so in case one path goes wrong, I'll be able to us the knowledge of the area to my advantage.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

I love sandbox action games
I love unconventional first-person mechanics
I love games where your goal is assassination
I love games with time-manipulation gimmicks
I refuse to pay more than $50 for any single-player game
I just ordered a new apparently devastating graphics card upgrade
Oh my god the reviews

Can someone out there please provide me with a reason not to buy this from GMG

I have too many games

Too many games

I must be strong

Revenant

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Oh my god the reviews

I have too many games

Too many games

I must be strong

you wanna be a masochist that's fine, but why not enjoy the beauty of a game that's ribbed for your pleasure.

GIVE IN

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
hopefully the sales numbers follow.

Let hope so.

But Zenimax/Bethesda is doing horrible lackluster marketing so far for this game,It's just surreal to see Bethesda not going full force,even Hunted good decent marketing push behind it but for Dishonored there is nothing.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Oh my god the reviews

I have too many games

Too many games

I must be strong

Just get the game, hawkian. :p

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Oh my god the reviews

I have too many games

Too many games

I must be strong

Sounds like Dishonored is your potential GOTY dude.

It's already mine...haven't even played it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Amazon: *shipping soon*
Damn right you better ship soon with me shelling out $4 extra you greedy ass bastards. T_T

It's only shipping for you now? Mine shipped yesterday. Then again, I'm using Prime. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Prime here..and it feel so good.

Prime is awesome.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Just get it, Hawk. It is one of the few single player games that is really worth full price.

The RPS review mirrored my advice; turn all HUD markers off. Being told where to go takes so much away from the game, ESPECIALLY finding the hidden runes and charms.

I'm starting to feel like I did when I first heard a second Thief game was coming out. The first game was sort of a sneak-up on me, and blew me the fuck away even at the age of 13 or whatever. Anticipating the immersion and details of the world the second time around (and third) is burned into my memory; and the sort of thing I'm starting to feel now so close to release.

For those who have played, how is the sound design? I know Licht is doing it, and I really liked his work on Downpour. I hope it's more ambient in nature, rather than composed.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
you wanna be a masochist that's fine, but why not enjoy the beauty of a game that's ribbed for your pleasure.

GIVE IN

Just get the game, hawkian. :p
Just get it, Hawk. It is one of the few single player games that is really worth full price.
Sounds like Dishonored is your potential GOTY dude.

It's already mine...haven't even played it.

damn you

damn you all

Order Successful
In case of a problem, your order number is ####
$45.00
Dishonored (NA)
PC
Download
This game is not available for download yet.
It comes out on Oct. 9, 2012, 12:01 a.m..
SUDDENLY MY BODY IS READY

The Chef

This is why I am pissed. I am on prime. Usually when I want release day delivery it just says to use the free prime 2 day shipping. Not this time. With 2-day it said I would get it on Friday!

Dense, damn. See all those HUD options?

Yeah, the ability to have exactly what you want on HUD is awesome. I love that I can turn off a lot of things so that I can soak in the atmosphere, which will more than likely make the game considerably more challenging. I hate having giant floating arrows that point to exactly where I'm supposed to go, especially in this type of game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You know I didn't have a clue until a half hour ago this was releasing tonight. Have watched literally zero video gameplay since like 6 months ago. This feeling is equally awesome to being really hyped up for a game months in advance and counting down to its release. Didn't think I had anything in particular to look forward to at midnight tonight, now I'm like a sugar glider on amphetamines.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I am so pumped for this game. Preordered from Newegg so I won't be getting it until Thursday but that'll give me some time to finish up Borderlands 2. Glad to hear that this game really seems to have delivered.

The Chef

Turns out you get free release day delivery IF you pre-order 3 days before release date.

The end of the chat cracked me up. I love you amazon.
chat.gif

thetrin

Dense, damn. See all those HUD options?

You can turn off individual parts of the HUD to your liking. I love that.

Btw, a couple guys who have already played through the game recommended that people turn off objective markers.

Turns out you get free release day delivery IF you pre-order 3 days before release date.

chat.gif

Amazon customer support is fantastic. When I got DXHR, I didn't get a DLC slip in my LE. I got 15% back as a result, and then a DLC code 2 days later.

You know I didn't have a clue until a half hour ago this was releasing tonight. Have watched literally zero video gameplay since like 6 months ago. This feeling is equally awesome to being really hyped up for a game months in advance and counting down to its release. Didn't think I had anything in particular to look forward to at midnight tonight, now I'm like a sugar glider on amphetamines.

My PC copy is arriving by mail tomorrow. I'll be bugging you on Steam tonight to see how you like it.

Alienups

Frantically trying to trade some TF2 items for a steam copy, meh. All my money went in to my new pc so i'm strapped for cash at the moment :p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6822584/chat.gif[/QUOTE]

<3
Amazon's Customer Service is the greatest customer service ever, too many times they made me feel way better(sometimes even when it's not Amazon fault), a reason why I always buy from from.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Remember kids, turn off objective markers, else you'll be continually pointed where to go. Embrace the sandbox, be a true assassin.

Also, Unreal Engine 3 huh. Fingers crossed for some SGSSAA bits. Mass Effect 3 SGSSAA is the cleanest IQ I can achieve in a game. Would have to do it with this.

Using a vpn to unlock the game early can't get you banned from Steam, right? I'm sure it's only if you use it to buy games for cheaper, but I don't want to risk my steam account.

Ferrio

Banned
On the fence about this one.

Afraid I'll get it, and I'll have the same experience I had with bioshock/deus ex 3. Both are were fun in the beginning, but dragged on too much and becomes too redudant.

Top Bottom