• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
None of the stores near me are doing a midnight launch.

Balls.

theDeeDubs

Thinking of buying this on PSN. Will it release at midnight?

Tempted to stay up and see, but I kinda doubt it. Bet we would've heard something about it by now. I'm assuming we'll be able to preload AC3 at some point before it comes out though. I think RE6 became available around 2PM cst on release day last week. I just really want this to be up and running by the time I get home from work.

I'm curious too, if it's slight tearing rarely it won't annoy me but if it's painfully obvious it's going to make me go with the PC version.

I don't see how it's an issue.

Both console versions have a bit of tearing. So go with PC if it's an issue.

Besides, if you have the option to go with the PC version over the console version, you should be doing that every time regardless of the condition of the console versions. =P

Andrew.

Banned
Gawd,

Screen tearing

The Bethesda logo

AND it's only four hours?

Count me out.

Even an IGN 9.2 cant save this one.

;P can't. fucking. wait.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Even though it comes out on the 11th here must get it when it releases in the US for Steam!

Spotflux dont fail me now!

Last question I'm going to ask: If I buy this on PSN on my Plus account: Can I set it to automatically download so I can play it after work or not?

BY2K

Membero Americo
konx5.jpg

No.

Smash88

Banned
RPS reviewer took 25 hours and still wished it was longer.

That sounds pretty good, albeit $60 on PC is a tad too much.

Nonetheless, I want to hear peoples opinions on this game before I make my judgement. I saw what happened with Darksiders 2 and I don't want that to happen to me.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
I unlocked it with a VPN as soon as it became available in France.
All i can say is that this is a masterpiece. I'm loving every second of it.

Man, this game has really inconsistent writing. The entire WE LIVE IN STRANGE TIMES INDEED EXPOSITION EXPOSITION thing at the beginning had me cringing. Also The Heart... bleurgh.

Likewise, it's kind of annoying that the game has so many obvious concessions for fools. "We all start with innocence, but the world leads us to guilt". Beautiful. However, my next loading screen told me DON'T RACK UP A HIGH BODY COUNT OR THE OUTCOME WILL BE DARK!

Ugh. Having fun so far though.

Derrick01

Banned
That sounds pretty good, albeit $60 on PC is a tad too much.

Nonetheless, I want to hear peoples opinions on this game before I make my judgement. I saw what happened with Darksiders 2 and I don't want that to happen to me.

Green man gaming has a 25% code on their site that works with dishonored. Takes it down to $45 I think.

Man, this game has really inconsistent writing. The entire WE LIVE IN STRANGE TIMES INDEED EXPOSITION EXPOSITION thing at the beginning had me cringing. Also The Heart... bleurgh.

Likewise, it's kind of annoying that the game has so many obvious concessions for fools. "We all start with innocence, but the world leads us to guilt". Beautiful. However, my next loading screen told me DON'T RACK UP A HIGH BODY COUNT OR THE OUTCOME WILL BE DARK!

Ugh. Having fun so far though.

As I said, a lot of people are not going to see this game in the same light as all the reviewers. I can see it a mile away.

I unlocked it with a VPN as soon as it became available in France.
All i can say is that this is a masterpiece. I'm loving every second of it.

I'm thinking of doing the same, though it seems dumb to risk it as the game is coming out in a mere few hours. I wish they would just unlock it now.

Are you playing offline? VPN still active?

vazel

Banned
Pffft, 4x the texture resolution my ass. I've been had! Still, it's not going to stop my from buying it I guess.
I had a sneaking suspicion the texture bump wasn't going to be significant when Arkane didn't make a big deal about it like the developers of Sleeping Dogs and Crysis 2 did.

GorillaJu

I'm thinking of doing the same, though it seems dumb to risk it as the game is coming out in a mere few hours. I wish they would just unlock it now.

Risk? Have you ever heard of anyone getting banned for using a VPN? Couldn't you just say "My work requires I use a VPN for security, I just forgot and left it on"? Seems so silly to think Steam would seriously restrict someone's account for avoiding region restrictions. They set it up to make it difficult, but if you really want to get around it, more power to you. I use a VPN daily because region restrictions are the dumbest fucking things ever and I can't even buy items on Steam with Steam wallet $ unless I'm logged into my VPN.

Risk? Have you ever heard of anyone getting banned for using a VPN? Couldn't you just say "My work requires I use a VPN for security, I just forgot and left it on"? Seems so silly to think Steam would seriously restrict someone's account for avoiding region restrictions. They set it up to make it difficult, but if you really want to get around it, more power to you. I use a VPN daily because region restrictions are the dumbest fucking things ever and I can't even buy items on Steam with Steam wallet $ unless I'm logged into my VPN.

I know it's silly, and I have used it before actually (a WHILE ago). Every time I get worried about it but then it passes. I just wasn't sure with some of the new reworkings of the SSA/EULA whatever that they'd be more strict about it.

As I said, a lot of people are not going to see this game in the same light as all the reviewers. I can see it a mile away.

Oh, the gameplay itself is pretty fantastic so far. The writing and presentation - the wrapper, if you will - just has some issues so far. Too much expository dialogue, as well as some really corny/overwrought writing as well.

Oh, the gameplay itself is pretty fantastic so far. The writing and presentation - the wrapper, if you will - just has some issues so far. Too much expository dialogue, as well as some really corny/overwrought writing as well.

The gameplay is indeed fantastic, I agree. The story, characters, and lack of exposition is going to disappoint people, but yes when it comes to gameplay, DEF awesome.

ChapaNDJ

Banned

I'm currently online and the VPN is still active, i'm considering turning it off now, but i think it will go offline by itself because its only a 2 hours trial.
I have a lot of friends who used VPN to unlock the game days earlier. I think there shouldn't be any problem.

The gameplay is indeed fantastic, I agree. The story, characters, and lack of exposition is going to disappoint people, but yes when it comes to gameplay, DEF awesome.

Lack of exposition? I'm complaining about there being too much. It's incredibly overbearing in spots. I believe you're told CORVO IS THE BODYGUARD AND WAS SENT AWAY TO ASK FOR HELP ABOUT THE PLAGUE THERE'S A PLAGUE MAN THE PLAGUE IS BAD CORVO WENT TO GO CHECK IT OUT ELSEWHERE THE EMPRESS SENT HIM GUESS WHERE HE WENT HE WENT AWAY TO ASK FOR HELP ABOUT THE PLAGUE THAT'S WEIRD I GUESS THE PLAGUE MUST REALLY BE BAD sixty different ways in the opening half hour.

Peterthumpa

Which VPN client for God's sake please tell me.
Don't want to be up 'till 3 AM in my country just to play the game, gotta work tomorrow =(

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Lack of exposition? I'm complaining about there being too much. It's incredibly overbearing in spots. I believe you're told CORVO IS THE BODYGUARD AND WAS SENT AWAY TO ASK FOR HELP ABOUT THE PLAGUE THERE'S A PLAGUE MAN THE PLAGUE IS BAD CORVO WENT TO GO CHECK IT OUT ELSEWHERE THE EMPRESS SENT HIM GUESS WHERE HE WENT HE WENT AWAY TO ASK FOR HELP ABOUT THE PLAGUE THAT'S WEIRD I GUESS THE PLAGUE MUST REALLY BE BAD sixty different ways in the opening half hour.

I've players through the opening once, and watched it played twice. This does not happen.

Top Bottom