• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

Lack of exposition? I'm complaining about there being too much. It's incredibly overbearing in spots. I believe you're told CORVO IS THE BODYGUARD AND WAS SENT AWAY TO ASK FOR HELP ABOUT THE PLAGUE THERE'S A PLAGUE MAN THE PLAGUE IS BAD CORVO WENT TO GO CHECK IT OUT ELSEWHERE THE EMPRESS SENT HIM GUESS WHERE HE WENT HE WENT AWAY TO ASK FOR HELP ABOUT THE PLAGUE THAT'S WEIRD I GUESS THE PLAGUE MUST REALLY BE BAD sixty different ways in the opening half hour.

In terms of the broad spectrum of the story. You will have alot of questions when finishing it.... for example... the guy that gives you your powers... I never really ran into him much other then at temples and it was never really fully explained how or why I got powers. There was some hints, but unless I missed out on a document or something, I was left wondering about that character completely.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
7462504678_e6dc1bd06c_o.gif

I've players through the opening once, and watched it played twice. This does not happen.

Yes it does. I've been playing the game for a couple of hours now. I'm exaggerating for humor's sake, of course, but you are fed that information a lot during that opening sequence.

Jack_AG

Banned
Last question I'm going to ask: If I buy this on PSN on my Plus account: Can I set it to automatically download so I can play it after work or not?
I am unsure. I usually leave off automatic downloads through plus but will turn them on tonight if the download doesn't jump at midnight and see what happens by morning.

But I'd take a minute and check before you leave for work to see if its up.

anddo0

Pre-loading now in my SSD Steam drive directory.

Has there been any tests between SSD and normal HDD for PC?
I know the PC load times are way shorter than console. But this game seems to have a lot of loading.

Jarmel

Banned
GMG is really pissing me off with their website. I'm trying to buy the game and their website is either being unresponsive or just uncooperative.

smr00

Banned
Little OT but has anyone used Day 1 Digital on PSN? thinking about just snagging this on PSN if it goes live at midnight.

Jack_AG

Banned
Little OT but has anyone used Day 1 Digital on PSN? thinking about just snagging this on PSN if it goes live at midnight.
I am and we are unsure if it hits midnight.

This is my first D1D purchase so if it doesn't go live midnight like every other DD service it will be my last D1D through PSN.

smr00

Banned
I am and we are unsure if it hits midnight.

This is my first D1D purchase so if it doesn't go live midnight like every other DD service it will be my last D1D through PSN.
I am tempted to do it since i don't go back to work till next week but if it isn't midnight then ill just hit the sack and pick it up in the morning.

D1D is sounding pretty sweet but if you have to wait till PSN store updates then screw that, the PSN store update is so random you could get it at 2pm est or 7pm est.

ironcreed

Banned
I am tempted to do it since i don't go back to work till next week but if it isn't midnight then ill just hit the sack and pick it up in the morning.

D1D is sounding pretty sweet but if you have to wait till PSN store updates then screw that, the PSN store update is so random you could get it at 2pm est or 7pm est.

It is still day 1, though. While midnight would be nice, I still know I am getting it tomorrow.

smr00

Banned
It is still day 1, though. While midnight would be nice, I still know I am getting it tomorrow.
Yeah i know but if it doesn't go up till PSN store updates i would rather just go pick up the physical copy, only reason i was going to do digital was because i really have nothing to do for the next couple of days and would of stayed up and played it.

ironcreed

Banned
Yeah i know but if it doesn't go up till PSN store updates i would rather just go pick up the physical copy, only reason i was going to do digital was because i really have nothing to do for the next couple of days and would of stayed up and played it.

Not going to lie, it will suck if we can't start downloading the game until the store updates. Which is usually around 7:00 PM Eastern. That means I probably will not get to start playing until after 10:00. But it is what it is, I guess.

Sullichin

Preloaded. Don't really know *that* much about this game. I watched the GiantBomb quicklook but was only paying attention to the first 15 minutes or so.

Somnia

For those asking about midnight on PSN here is Jeff Rubenstein's answer to someone on twitter.

Jeff Rubenstein ‏@jeffrubenstein
@AustC correct, they'll be on the store with the regular update.

Hawk269

Does anyone know what time this unlocks on the West Coast *Steam*??? I know that Borderlands unlocked at 9pm PST, so just wondering if the same will apply to this game.

Thanks to anyone that can answer.

Sanctuary

I had fully intended on getting this game if the unrealistic expecations on it actually had any basis in reality (and it appears that they do), but why do all of the reviews act as though it's the first game since the original Deus Ex or Bioshock that offers so much player freedom? Is it simply because of how varied the abilities are compared to one another? Because it seems like the reviewers keep forgetting Human Revolution. Maybe they are just in love with Arkane for nostalgia purposes and are trying to hype up the game as much as possible so it sells more than it would otherwise?

Going to be downloading this from Steam soon, but I'll be playing XCOM for the next week or two first. :(

Does anyone know what time this unlocks on the West Coast *Steam*??? I know that Borderlands unlocked at 9pm PST, so just wondering if the same will apply to this game.

Thanks to anyone that can answer.

Store page for Dishonored is saying it unlocks in approximately 2 hours...but it should be just an hour and a half now.

SparkTR

Pre-loading now in my SSD Steam drive directory.

Has there been any tests between SSD and normal HDD for PC?
I know the PC load times are way shorter than console. But this game seems to have a lot of loading.

I don't know about the difference, but load times on an SSD are around ~3 seconds, incredibly short.

Somnia

I'm sure they are listening to all the people saying it should be midnight (more than likely PST) and I hope they do something about it. Only way it will happen is if we keep demanding it.

smr00

Banned
For those asking about midnight on PSN here is Jeff Rubenstein's answer to someone on twitter.
Glad i found out before dropping $60.

Sony need to get their shit together. I don't mind buying digital but i wont wait till 7pm for it go live on release day then have to spend hours downloading because they wont let you download it prior. Shit is a complete mess.

Somnia

Glad i found out before dropping $60.

Sony need to get their shit together. I don't mind buying digital but i wont wait till 7pm for it go live on release day then have to spend hours downloading because they wont let you download it prior. Shit is a complete mess.

Not going to defend Sony on anything you said because I agree, but at least they ARE putting full games out digitally day 1.

M.W.

That's a long time to wait.

- Store updates

- DL time (generally slow on PSN)

- Install time

- Mandatory install time

...thinking, at least an hour?

Peterthumpa

Game looks amazing on PC but we need an AA flag for OGSSAA. Is there something like "default" settings to use on Inspector for UE3 games?

Derrick01

Banned
That's a long time to wait.

- Store updates

- DL time (generally slow on PSN)

- Install time

- Mandatory install time

...thinking, at least an hour?

At least an hour just for the install time you mean :lol

The rest of that stuff is like...4+ hours depending on game size. 10gb games normally take 7 hours for me on PSN's slow speeds.

M.W.

At least an hour just for the install time you mean :lol

The rest of that stuff is like...4+ hours depending on game size. 10gb games normally take 7 hours for me on PSN's slow speeds.

Well, I was trying to be optimistic. Definitely not worth the 6 dollars saved for pre ordering.

Eusis

If Sony wants to do these prepurchases and be taken seriously I think they're going to start changing their updates to a hard 12 PM PST time. Then again Steam still manages to do 12 AM launches and regular updates at 10 AM, so I don't really get why Sony can do midnight launches a few times then stop giving a shit.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
maybe it's because Valve gives a shit, and Sony doesn't.

Top Bottom