• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

vazel

Banned
What format should I pick this up on? According to Digital Foundry, PS3 has better textures but X360 has less screen tearing.
PS3 version also has less blur from using MLAA instead of FXAA. Digital Foundry would never admit it but the PS3 version has better PQ overall.

MormaPope

Banned
Was the first thing that occurred to me when I got him in the chair.

You didn't simply kill the man, did you? ;)

All I did was poison his drink and watch him die and try telling the other overseer to burn the black book.
I assume you knocked him out first?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah. but
he was always accompanied by thugs so I don't know how I can put him to sleep and carry him to the interrogation chair
I can think of a few other ways but...

Dumped both glasses. While he was surprised and apologizing to Curnow, slowed down time, Blinked down, choked him and carried him, Blinked back up to the rafters. Curnow objective completed (he never even saw me). Time goes back to normal, blink back into stealth and get to the interrogation room.
No one has an idea I'm in there or where he is.

I can think of a few other ways but...

Dumped both glasses. While he was surprised and apologizing to Curnow, slowed down time, Blinked down, choked him and carried him, Blinked back up to the rafters. Curnow objective completed (he never even saw me). Time goes back to normal, blink back into stealth and get to the interrogation room.
No one has an idea I'm in there or where he is.

This is what I did, except
Curnow saw and thanked me for saving him. Thought I looked familiar.

I can't wait for the second mission, goddamn.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is what I did, except
Curnow saw and thanked me for saving him. Thought I looked familiar.

Wait, seriously?
I thought he'd have no idea who I was because of the mask and try to attack me, not knowing I was on his side. How could you look familiar...

when curnow saw me, he attacked me immediately.

Wait, seriously?
I thought he'd have no idea who I was because of the mask and try to attack me, not knowing I was on his side. How could you look familiar...

It was like this:

I followed both of them to the secret room, where the High Overseer showed him the picture you see being painted in the intro. Curnow looked at it, commented on how war scenes are more to his liking, while the HO pulled out his sword. I sneaked up to him and knocked him out. Curnow turned around, noticed the sword in his hand, added two and two together and said he'd forget about seeing me and left the room. I think he said "you seem familiar...", not look.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Not
killing Campbell
was a tough one, as the recorder in his lair to me implied
he is a paedophile who molested the Empress' daughter
. Either that or I assume the worst of everyone.

Not
killing Campbell

I dare say the alternate way of
branding him
will slightly ruin his life more than death :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Well, for me

I got nothing, I just wanted to post a black bar to feel like I belong.

image.php

MormaPope

Banned
It was like this:

I followed both of them to the secret room, where the High Overseer showed him the picture you see being painted in the intro. Curnow looked at it, commented on how war scenes are more to his liking, while the HO pulled out his sword. I sneaked up to him and knocked him out. Curnow turned around, noticed the sword in his hand, added two and two together and said he'd forget about seeing me and left the room. I think he said "you seem familiar...", not look.

Not
killing Campbell

Wow.

Damn.

Wow.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I dare say the alternate way of
branding him
will slightly ruin his life more than death :)

True that. But sometimes I just want to be the angel of death, dispensing brutal justice, you know?

It was like this:

I didn't know that happened.
I spilt the drinks and sat on the light. Then when Campbell said "I guess I'll have to do this the old fashioned way" I pulled out my dart gun and put him to sleep. Cunrnow took out his sword, panicked, and ran out of the room. Jumped down, picked up his body as an alarm went off, sealing the building. Blinked across the rafters to the interrogation room and branded that fucker for life.

Feature

Banned
Pretty cool game, from the start you can see how much they've looked at HL3. Everything reminds me of it. Physics are horrible though, I wish I could push chair and whatnot over instead of just throwing some bottles around.

Dennis

Banned
Pretty cool game, from the start you can see how much they've looked at HL3. Everything reminds me of it. Physics are horrible though, I wish I could push chair and whatnot over instead of just throwing some bottles around.

Half-Life 3?

Are you Gabe?

StuBurns

Banned
It's the same art director as HL2, and this studio were working on a HL2 spin-off at one point.

Tess3ract

Banned
They didn't look at half life 2. The art director in Dishonored is the same one who was the art director in half life 2.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I finished up Borderlands 2 and got through the PS3 install last night so I can just jump in today. So pumped to start this. Done with work in an hour and am going to jump in after I get some rest.

ekim

True that. But sometimes I just want to be the angel of death, dispensing brutal justice, you know?

I spilt the drinks and sat on the light. Then when Campbell said "I guess I'll have to do this the old fashioned way" I pulled out my dart gun and put him to sleep. Cunrnow took out his sword, panicked, and ran out of the room. Jumped down, picked up his body as an alarm went off, sealing the building. Blinked across the rafters to the interrogation room and branded that fucker for life.

so branding is the alternative for killing him? What exactly does that branding show?

EatChildren

so branding is the alternative for killing him? What exactly does that branding show?

Overseers excommunicated from the order for heresy or whatever have a giant nasty seal branded into their face with a hot iron, and under order tradition nobody is to give shelter or aid to these people. Branding Campbell has him 'live', but in turn excommunicated from the order.

Damn, I need to stop reading spoilers but this game sounds so good. I've been looking for a DX:HR-esque game for ages, something that doesn't merely give a poor illusion of choice but makes it a key component of the actual gameplay. Something that rewards a bit of player patience and thought, while still allowing a guns blazing approach.

My PS3 copy should have arrived (I'm heading home shortly) as the preorder dispatched yesterday, so I know what I'm doing this afternoon.

Edit: Someone give me a few starting tips, this game sounds fairly daunting surprisingly.

I just finished the next mission. Once again the humane route of not killing them is a punishment worse than death. Im seeing a pattern here. God damn i need to work but this game.....

aeolist

Banned
Question about mission 1:
I moved the poison to Campbell's glass and when he was in the process of dying I teleported from the window ledge to choke the captain out.

After that the objective said I should move him to a safe place but I wasn't able to figure out where that would be so I eventually left and his niece said he died afterwards. Where should I have left him?

Valravn

Question about mission 1:
I moved the poison to Campbell's glass and when he was in the process of dying I teleported from the window ledge to choke the captain out.

After that the objective said I should move him to a safe place but I wasn't able to figure out where that would be so I eventually left and his niece said he died afterwards. Where should I have left him?

In a dumpster somewhere along the way to the harbour.

Solo

Why are the work days so long and the time I get to play this each day so short? :_(

Is it true that the remaining missions are all smaller than mission 1?

Why are the work days so long and the time I get to play this each day so short? :_(

Is it true that the remaining missions are all smaller than mission 1?

I finished mission 2. It was only smaller because it was the same location and i didnt need to explore it twice as loot didnt respawn.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I only played through the prison and sewers before quitting (need to finish Lords of Shadow finally) but the stealth takedowns and the stealth in general seem a little clunky. Part of that I think is the playing area is a bit more organic and random than say Deus Ex HR

It wouldn't let me carry him to the next area though.
There are 2 dumpsters in the area. One you encountered on you way from bottle street, the other is in front of the overseer mansion at the end of the road. Unfortunately you have the use the second one for it to count, and you'll only know where to put him if you have the objective markers on

Top Bottom