• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney’s Frozen [OT] – They Pulled Another Tangled!

Quoting so I find them more easily next time. I can't believe these are still sold out. Do you think Disney will produce more ? It wouldn't be like them to stop making merchandise. :/
I have no idea.

Speaking of the Art of Frozen, it seems to be in very high demand right now, Amazon just gave me an estimated delivery date, it's sometime in May (I'm importing).

jett

D-Member
I want to see their reaction of Idina "Adele Dezeem" Menzel.

simpsons-crowd-shock-homer-smile_zpsd4f2b18e.gif

Cheska

Is anyone still looking for the Art of Frozen? My local Barnes & Nobles had a few in stock. I bought one this morning, and there were a few left, though the outer sleeves were not in the best condition..

Christopher

For the first time in forever is just as great as let it go...

Man I can't wait for Disney's next film, lets hope we get more classics

I wonder what the original script was. Seems like most of the story can be re-used (Elsa is the Snow Queen, people find out about her powers and she runs away to a castle, Anna+Hans+others go to get her to end winter, bring her back). Unsure about the ending though.

Rated-G

Additional special features huh... I doubt it, it's been lacking in the past few years for Disney releases.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath, but at the very least they may include some of the confirmed existing special features that are mysteriously missing from next weeks release. The DMA exclusives, the 22 minute version of the Making Of musical, the original prologue story reel, the production galleries, etc. At least enough to make it SOMEWHAT satisfying.

Pipe dream though? The return of Cine-Explore... I wish.

Arle Nadja

Neo Member
I got my Art of Frozen book today from Amazon, and you may colour me impressed. It's neatly laid out and chronicles the making of the movie, from early ideas to the finished product.

Seeing the original concept art for the characters before they were "converted" to 3D models was a treat. The parts focusing on costume designs were especially great, I just wish they had been longer and had more commentary. I was intrigued by the distinct patterns on clothing and furniture in the film, and would've liked to know more.

The sections for the main characters and their conception takes up a large portion of the book, which sadly doesn't leave much space for minor characters. Frozen started out as a planned 2D feature, so I assume there must be tons of drawings they could have added not only of the main cast but also the castle guards, the citizens of Arendelle and so on.

The book does have a lot of concept art for environments as well as photos of and commentary on where they got inspiration for Arendelle, so I guess cramming even more character designs in there would've been a bit too much to ask for. The various designs and ideas they had for Elsa's ice palace were particularly great.

I do wish the book had more pencil drawings, but that's just my preference. At least we get great storyboard sections to make up for it.

Objectively speaking, I have to say the Tangled artbook was better, but I think Frozen is the stronger movie (with more intriguing visual design), so it evens out.

Arle Nadja

Neo Member
^When did you order it? I'm still waiting for my copy.

I ordered it on the first of February. Amazon let me know that it would take some time before they could ship it, but then sent another email (around the second of March, I believe) which basically said "Good news! We'll have this to you by the 18th of March instead of sometime in April." Maybe they got a return or found a copy behind the couch somewhere.

Anyway, it's well worth waiting for. My dust jacket got a bit bumped up in shipping but the book looks much better without it, so I don't mind.

I ordered it on the first of February. Amazon let me know that it would take some time before they could ship it, but then sent another email (around the second of March, I believe) which basically said "Good news! We'll have this to you by the 18th of March instead of sometime in April." Maybe they got a return or found a copy behind the couch somewhere.

Anyway, it's well worth waiting for. My dust jacket got a bit bumped up in shipping but the book looks much better without it, so I don't mind.

Really I ordered mine 10 of january and got it two weeks after (Amazon.com, standard International shipping).

Arle Nadja

Neo Member
Really I ordered mine 10 of january and got it two weeks after (Amazon.com, standard International shipping).

I guess they just put my order... on ice. Jokes aside it only took a few days after they actually sent it, so I guess it just wasn't readily available when I ordered it (even though it was in stock).

zroid

Banned
Any idea what the "Frozen Chronicles" book is all about? Looks like Best Buy and Future Shop each have different versions, too.

LqdYlFn.png
SX66U5L.png

Any idea what the "Frozen Chronicles" book is all about? Looks like Best Buy and Future Shop each have different versions, too.

LqdYlFn.png
SX66U5L.png
I find the retailer exclusive practice extremely stupid.
Best Buy's website now has details on the book. It is called "My Frozen Chronicles" as it will include 60 journal pages, but in addition to those it will have:

Early Visual Development Poster Art
Easter Eggs from the film
Fold-Out Map of Arendelle
Frozen Character Personality Finder
Costume Design
Animation Modeling Sketches
Movie Quotes
Receipes, Crafts, Games & More

zroid

Banned
Hmmm thanks, I guess that's not bad for a freebie...

although apparently Wal-Mart is selling it sans book for $3 less...

I'm assuming the difference between Best Buy's and Future Shop's books is just the cover.

zroid

Banned
Well I went to Best Buy... they didn't have any of the books. Maybe ran out, I dunno. Didn't bother with it.

Price matched it with wal-mart so got it for $21.50 and I'm pretty happy with that.

Top Bottom