• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

Can someone tell me toybox is alot more "fun" then 2.0 ?

We have alot of toybox only figures, but it gets boring just manually placing 200 enemies, to kill and repeat over and over that even my boy is sick of it now.

Im hoping you can at least infinitely / randomly spawn enemies so you can just play over and over .

The Hub is fun by itself but the Toybox Takedown is fantastic. YouTube it. :)

EDIT: anyone else find it weird that there is no Dance command for our characters? Destiny has spoiled me!

We have alot of toybox only figures, but it gets boring just manually placing 200 enemies, to kill and repeat over and over that even my boy is sick of it now.

Im hoping you can at least infinitely / randomly spawn enemies so you can just play over and over .

Toybox Takeover and Toybox Speedway are coming out later this fall and both of them let you use ANY character.

Takeover is a sort of diablo-style dungeon crawl through various Disney properties (including Star Wars and Marvel) with boss fights and gear to equip and grow your sidekick. It looks really rad, and if you played Escape From The Kiln it's like a much better version of that with an actual storyline.

Speedway is basically Disney Infinity Mario Kart, designed by Sumo Digital (who did the recent Sonic racing games that are pretty amazing). It has tracks much fancier than anything players can design and the new racing controls are much improved over 2.0

There's a lot more to do now than 2.0 had in it's toybox. But you might want to wait until October when Takeover is released and pick up Speedway later on in the fall when it comes out.

Toybox Takeover and Toybox Speedway are coming out later this fall and both of them let you use ANY character.

Takeover is a sort of diablo-style dungeon crawl through various Disney properties (including Star Wars and Marvel) with boss fights and gear to equip and grow your sidekick. It looks really rad, and if you played Escape From The Kiln it's like a much better version of that with an actual storyline.

Speedway is basically Disney Infinity Mario Kart, designed by Sumo Digital (who did the recent Sonic racing games that are pretty amazing). It has tracks much fancier than anything players can design and the new racing controls are much improved over 2.0

There's a lot more to do now than 2.0 had in it's toybox. But you might want to wait until October when Takeover is released and pick up Speedway later on in the fall when it comes out.

My Gamestop has Toybox Takeover on the shelf now. :)

RobbieNick

My Gamestop has Toybox Takeover on the shelf now. :)

GET IT! You won't regret it.

I got Inside Out today with my 20% Gamers Club Unlocked discount (down to $27.99). It plays pretty much exactly as I thought it would with a very heavy focus on platforming and no enemies around (so far). I'm only two levels in, but it's kinda boring compared to the Star Wars games. I picked up the new Mickey Mouse too. Not really insterested in the other I.O. figs as Joy and Anger are my faves anyway.

Toy Box is about the same for me. It still doesn't hold my attention long but since the game is better it is more fun just goofing around. And the Toy Box Takeover is a lot of fun which is basically a mini Sklanders.

The reason the Star Wars and Inside Out playsets look more 'complete' is due to them having a common theme to them.

With the Toy Box Expansions, it mashes up different IP into a mode linked to each expansion. I saw an entire playthrough of the Takeover expansion and visually it looked very nice and it felt like a full game. Just one using different Disney/Disney-owned IP throughout instead of just focusing on one of them.

The Toy Box Speedway will function similarly to that, with a small racing hub and a portal linking you to different race tracks/modes using different IP.

Both are complete experiences and have solid production values, its just they aren't as 'detailed' as the other playsets due to them not focusing on one core thing like the other playsets.

Long story short; don't write them off due to them being cheaper and/or 'looking' cheaper then the other playsets :).

Edit: And also consider that Sumo Digital is developing the Raceway playset (like how Ninja Theory developed the Twilight of the Republic Playset) and a look at past games they developed shows how they can make amazing looking games. Sonic Racing Transformed is a great example of there work on a number of levels, as is the Outrun games they developed in the past :D.

Oh, and thanks for the info. I still haven't put much time into Toybox because even though it's close to what I've always wanted, it still doesn't feel as polished to me for some reason. Super excited about the racing though now that I know it's actual levels that we couldn't create ourselves.

GET IT! You won't regret it.

I got Inside Out today with my 20% Gamers Club Unlocked discount (down to $27.99). It plays pretty much exactly as I thought it would with a very heavy focus on platforming and no enemies around (so far). I'm only two levels in, but it's kinda boring compared to the Star Wars games. I picked up the new Mickey Mouse too. Not really insterested in the other I.O. figs as Joy and Anger are my faves anyway.

Oh I got it! Came with my Saga bundle! <3

Experien

ALL Star Wars characters can crossover to the other Star Wars sets via tokens a la 2.0 playsets but it's only 1 this time.

Just started this yesterday, played two missions of a playset. What does this mean? Does it mean that if I put Boba Fett in the Clone Wars, he can transfer to original trilogy via a token and then can't go back to Clone Wars?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
YOU CAN PREGISTER TOY BOX 3.0 ON ANDROID

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disney.disneyinfinity3_goo

screenshot_2015-09-11tjsue.png

Just started this yesterday, played two missions of a playset. What does this mean? Does it mean that if I put Boba Fett in the Clone Wars, he can transfer to original trilogy via a token and then can't go back to Clone Wars?

It means that Boba Fett, who normally works in the Original Trilogy set, can play in the Clone Wars or Force Awakens sets once you find a Boba Fett token in those sets.

You'll never lock anyone out of sets they're compatible with, but you can unlock more sets for them to play in.

Lan_97

I am playing this game much more than I originally anticipated. Toy Box Takeover provides a fun avenue for grinding characters up to lv 20, which 2.0 was sorely lacking. I would love to see this expanded even further in 4.0.

Also ended up farming until I got the all the hats for the dual stat crops. Maxed out a handful of sidekicks (the best base stats I've seen so far is a 8/8/7/7/6 spread). Found my preferred sidekick hat (invisible/health/special), and a handful of epic yellow weapons.

For character builds, this time around I respeced to focus a bit more on character specials after maxing out their effectiveness in either melee or range. Especially true of the Jedi, most characters feel the same unless I'm constantly using their specials.

Experien

It means that Boba Fett, who normally works in the Original Trilogy set, can play in the Clone Wars or Force Awakens sets once you find a Boba Fett token in those sets.

You'll never lock anyone out of sets they're compatible with, but you can unlock more sets for them to play in.

Sweet, thanks for this. Don't know why a lot of this seems a little confusing and this is supposed to be for kids, ha.

Hex

Banned
I am like a little kid running around with Randal.
He is just fun to run around while building with.
(Of course the one gamestop sent me had broken arms and it is not worth the damned postage to send it back since it was used)

Picked it up for PS4. Took my daughter and told he she could pick 3 of the figures to go with it (since she's too young and hasn't seen star wars yet, I wanted her to actually be excited to play with someone she knew).

She picked Mickey, Minnie, and Mike Wazowski.

They really need to make a Pooh Bear to win her heart completely though

Picked it up for PS4. Took my daughter and told he she could pick 3 of the figures to go with it (since she's too young and hasn't seen star wars yet, I wanted her to actually be excited to play with someone she knew).

She picked Mickey, Minnie, and Mike Wazowski.

They really need to make a Pooh Bear to win her heart completely though

Now I need Pooh figs like oxygen! How cool will Tigger be in combat?!

curb

Banned
Best Buy Canada support never got back to me about not getting the Toy Box Takeover preorder bonus but low and behold, it showed up in the mail today. I'll have to check that out tonight.

I own the PS4 version, and have a second portal. Can I buy the digital Wii U version as well and share everything between the PS4 and Wii U versions?

Avari

I've done some searching and have come across conflicting information - is the Xbox 360 base portal usable on the Xbox One? We have Infinity (version 1) for the 360 and the kids would like to buy version 3.0.

I've done some searching and have come across conflicting information - is the Xbox 360 base portal usable on the Xbox One? We have Infinity (version 1) for the 360 and the kids would like to buy version 3.0.
It's not. You need a portal made specifically for X1. Gamestop had it used for $5.

I own the PS4 version, and have a second portal. Can I buy the digital Wii U version as well and share everything between the PS4 and Wii U versions?
PS4, PS3, Wii, and Wii U portals are all the same so you'll be good.

It doesn't come with the toybox takeover anymore.

Awwww. That's too bad. =(

On another topic, and forgive if it's been covered but what figure slots are still unrevealed for Disney/Marvel/Star Wars?

Any rumors or guesses? Wants? Hopes? Dreams? :)

sdcc2015-550x550-01.png

EDITED IN CORRECT PHOTO

curb

Banned

On another topic, and forgive if it's been covered but what figure slots are still unrevealed for Disney/Marvel/Star Wars?

The picture in the OP shows the remaining slots. Ant-Man is all but confirmed and you know there's going to be more Force Awakens figures. Scarlet Witch is also incredibly likely.

curb

Banned
I think there was a updated one at SDCC but II'm not sure.

The one from the OP is from SDCC and it's the correct one. There was an similar display made into an archway at D23 but it was confirmed to be decorative and not reflective of the remaining figures. The pic in the OP is the right one.

Curious how well they light up since they figures just channel the light that comes from the base below. I'm worried the sabers will barely glow at the base and lack any real glow towards the end of the saber.

Huh? Are you sure about that? I assumed they had the same tech as the light up Skylanders, where they are powered wirelessly through the portal, not just channeling the portal's light up through the figure.

Fusebox

Banned
Hey guys, what's some fun stuff for my kid to do in 3.0?

The driving sections are a bit too tough (tbh even I can't get through the first Agrabara race, that course with that handling fucking wrecks me) and the platforming in the Inside Out expansion is a bit tricky for her to do on her own. She just wants to run around as Mickey and do kiddy shit - tips?

(I"m not crazy am I, that first race is ballstough innit?)

Also I seem to get the gameplay hints repeating a lot. Anyone else get that?

Oh and how do I use Power Discs? I put them under the figure and it says the power is equipped but I can't seem to use it.

The picture in the OP shows the remaining slots. Ant-Man is all but confirmed and you know there's going to be more Force Awakens figures. Scarlet Witch is also incredibly likely.

Whoops, sorry. I'll edit it in the correct one! Thanks.

Also had the weirdest glitch just now. Wanted to try out my new Stitch fig and first loaded up to see the Hall of heroes for the first time. Then when I left and went to the Hub, it was all white/blank again with all the mission hubs to be done again even though they were finished already. Luckily my INterior was still there.

Weird.

RK128

DI3FigureMap.jpg

Keep in mind that one only has the Disney side of things; they are now counting Pixar characters as there own thing now (if recent events prove anything; they had Pixar and Disney having their own slots).

But considering everything, I guess we could expect the following coming to 3.0 down the line.
Star Wars - Focus on Episode VII Stars alongside the droids and Prequel/Original Trilogy Villains
-Episode VII Main Stars
-R2-D2
-C-3PO
-General Grevus
-The Emperor

Disney - Add in more Disney TV characters alongside adding more Classic Mickey-line characters (concept art of Goofy is in 3.0, Pete is a famous foe of Mickey, and Oswald is part of Mickey's special attack (so his model is in the game), and Daisy is Donald's complement); Star vs the Forces of Evil, Kim Possible, Gravity Falls and Darkwing Duck (YES XD!!!) representing Disney TV.
-Darkwing Duck
-Mable
-Dipper
-Grunkle Stan
-Goofy
-Pete
-Oswald
-Daisy Duck
-Kim Possible
-Star
-Marco

Pixar - More new movie content alongside adding Wall-E to the Infinity franchise and adding more Toy Story characters.
-Another 'Good Dinosaur' character
-Prospector (Toy Story 2)
-Lots-O (Toy Story 3)
-Wall-E
-Eve-A

Marvel - Have more Age of Ultron Figures alongside figures of characters only getting power disk content in 2.0 (plus teasing characters for future Marvel Studios films).
-Scarlet Witch
-Quicksilver
-Vision
-Ant-Man
-Black Panther
-White Tiger
-Captain Marvel
-Winter Solder

Hex

Banned
Keep in mind that one only has the Disney side of things; they are now counting Pixar characters as there own thing now (if recent events prove anything; they had Pixar and Disney having their own slots).

But considering everything, I guess we could expect the following coming to 3.0 down the line.
Star Wars - Focus on Episode VII Stars alongside the droids and Prequel/Original Trilogy Villains
-Episode VII Main Stars
-R2-D2
-C-3PO
-General Grevus
-The Emperor

Disney - Add in more Disney TV characters alongside adding more Classic Mickey-line characters (concept art of Goofy is in 3.0, Pete is a famous foe of Mickey, and Oswald is part of Mickey's special attack (so his model is in the game), and Daisy is Donald's complement); Star vs the Forces of Evil, Kim Possible, Gravity Falls and Darkwing Duck (YES XD!!!) representing Disney TV.
-Darkwing Duck
-Mable
-Dipper
-Grunkle Stan
-Goofy
-Pete
-Oswald
-Daisy Duck
-Kim Possible
-Star
-Marco

Pixar - More new movie content alongside adding Wall-E to the Infinity franchise and adding more Toy Story characters.
-Another 'Good Dinosaur' character
-Prospector (Toy Story 2)
-Lots-O (Toy Story 3)
-Wall-E
-Eve-A

Marvel - Have more Age of Ultron Figures alongside figures of characters only getting power disk content in 2.0 (plus teasing characters for future Marvel Studios films).
-Scarlet Witch
-Quicksilver
-Vision
-Ant-Man
-Black Panther
-White Tiger
-Captain Marvel
-Winter Solder

R2 nor 3PO will get figures, they have nothing to offer.
These are not just figures for the sake of figures, and neither has any action abilities at all.
I also am fairly comfortable saying that White Tiger will not get a figure.

Marvel will most likely be Scarlet Witch, Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Doctor Strange.
Ant-man would be cool also.

Star Wars will be Finn, Kylo Ren, Rey, possibly Po. Grievous is possible, Mace Windu and possibly the rest new.
You will not get an Emperor figure in my opinion either.

Disney we know we are getting Peter Pan, Spot, Nick & Judy from The Good Dinosaur and Zootopia. I am expecting an Alice and Jungle Book presence also and also I am expecting Goofy.

curb

Banned
Regardless as to whether or not they're splitting Disney and Pixar, that pic from SDCC is using "Disney" to mean whatever isn't Marvel or Star Wars. John Vignocchi said on Twitter that the wall from SDCC are the remaining figure slots. Both Disney and Pixar figures are in that section of the display.

The Marvel figures are almost certainly Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision. Ant-Man was practically confirmed on Twitter and when someone Tweeted a pic of the twins to Vignocchi asking about their conclusion, his response strongly implied that they were coming. To me, Vision is a logical final figure given Age of Ultron but I'm not going to say that it's an absolute certainty. I don't think Dr. Strange, Black Panther or Captain Marvel (as much as I want a Carol figure) are coming before the next yearly iteration.

R2 and 3PO are almost certainly not getting figures - no combat potential. Same (unfortunately) goes for Chopper from Rebels. I doubt Mace Windu is getting a figure either since he's already a Power Disc character and a quest giver in Twilight of the Republic so I doubt they'll use a figure on him (think Captain Marvel from 2.0). Kylo Ren is a given and I suspect there's also going to be a Poe and probably a Captain Phasma. I doubt there will be any figure updates from Han, Luke or Leia with Force Awakens updates - costume changing Power Discs at most but I think even that's unlikely. I personally doubt the Emperor is getting a figure either but Grievous seems plausible along with maybe Ventress or Cade Bane as less likely candidates.

RK128

R2 nor 3PO will get figures, they have nothing to offer.
These are not just figures for the sake of figures, and neither has any action abilities at all.
I also am fairly comfortable saying that White Tiger will not get a figure.

Marvel will most likely be Scarlet Witch, Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Doctor Strange.
Ant-man would be cool also.

Star Wars will be Finn, Kylo Ren, Rey, possibly Po. Grievous is possible, Mace Windu and possibly the rest new.
You will not get an Emperor figure in my opinion either.

Disney we know we are getting Peter Pan, Spot, Nick & Judy from The Good Dinosaur and Zootopia. I am expecting an Alice and Jungle Book presence also and also I am expecting Goofy.

That's right, they have live action sequels/remakes coming out in the next few years.....

Alice and Jungle Book are great IP's, so I don't really mind that, but I would love for some Disney TV characters to pop up at least :).

And bringing in more Classic Mickey characters (Goofy, Oswald, Daisy Duck, Pete, Pluto) is a fantastic idea too.

Didn't really think much about Star Wars (not a big fan of the IP), so you are right about all your points :).

Your Marvel guesses are on the money too; highlight movies out now and next year.

It would be fun to see a 'Disney TV Animation' playset that you could use a variety of characters in. Scrooge, Darkwing, Goofy, Chip and Dale, Mabel and Dipper, the redhead spy girl (i forgot her name), etc. They could just make it be a big crossovery melting pot and throw whoever in.

Alternately they could do a Toontown set and let you use Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Scrooge Mcduck, Chip and Dale, Darkwing, etc who all fit into that same 'universe' in it. There's plenty of characters who can hook into a Classic Disney sort of setting even if some of them get a little weirder (like Darkwing).

I really want to see Chip and Dale as one figure though. Which sounds weird probably, but it makes a lot more sense to me than splitting them up. And you could have a Rescue Ranger costume disc for them.

As for Star Wars: I disagree that R2-D2 wouldn't be viable as a figure. He has extendable arms that can hold things or swing weapons, he has the jet boosters that let him jump or fly, he has his shock prod thing and his oil spray. They could make him work as a figure with really fun combat and I think he'd be a strong seller. C-3PO though, no. He can't really do anything. He'd be fun as like a cosmetic follower or something though for R2.

When it comes to Marvel, I think the rumored four seems likely. Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Vision? Yeah. I bet Scarlet Witch and Vision are packed with the new Marvel Battlegrounds set (they like doing one guy and one girl for those). Personally I'd like to see another Spider-Man villain like Doctor Octopus, or some more comic book characters like Wasp or Captain Marvel. But I imagine a lot of these are going to wait for them to appear in the movies properly and release then. I bet 4.0 or 5.0 brings a lot of cool new stuff for Marvel but this one's going to be relatively low-key overall.

You can tell it's going to be a slow year for Marvel when one of the figures is a Spider-Man recolor using his existing power disc costume. It's not even like the Crystal figures where they're using new assets in some way. That's okay though, Star Wars needs the focus for it's first outing.

I believe JV said that black suit Spidey doesn't count towards the four Marvel slots.

Yeah, he doesn't and doesn't require any internal dev time. But I'm saying that's a general indicator that Marvel's in for a year without surprises here. They're going to go with safe picks from recent movies or lower effort stuff because they need to spend more time on Star Wars.

We could see some new villain figure other than Ultron though depending on what's in Battlegrounds.

Top Bottom