• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

curb

Banned
Yeah, he doesn't and doesn't require any internal dev time. But I'm saying that's a general indicator that Marvel's in for a year without surprises here. They're going to go with safe picks from recent movies or lower effort stuff because they need to spend more time on Star Wars.

We could see some new villain figure other than Ultron though depending on what's in Battlegrounds.

I'm really surprised they didn't do an Ultron-centric playset. I wonder if they'll do Civil War next year.

I wish they get really lazy on Marvel this year and put out a Captain Marvel figure since they already have the character model.

Fusebox

Banned
The first Agrabah motorcycle race is really hard isn't it guys? Tell me I don't just suck. I'm drifting and boosting and everything.

I'm really surprised they didn't do an Ultron-centric playset. I wonder if they'll do Civil War next year.

I wish they get really lazy on Marvel this year and put out a Captain Marvel figure since they already have the character model.

If they just did some characters who already exist as models (Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, Wasp, Iron Patriot, Winter Soldier- pick four!) I think people would be pretty happy with those too. But I feel like they'll want to get Vision and Scarlet Witch out at least and Quicksilver makes a lot of sense to me too.

curb

Banned
If they just did some characters who already exist as models (Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, Wasp, Iron Patriot, Winter Soldier- pick four!) I think people would be pretty happy with those too. But I feel like they'll want to get Vision and Scarlet Witch out at least and Quicksilver makes a lot of sense to me too.

Ant-Man and Scarlet Witch are pretty much for sure. I know I'd buy a couple Captain Marvel figures myself but you may be able to tell I have an affinity for that character.

RK128

After thinking about it.....I am going to guess what playsets we might be getting with 4.0 next year :).

-Disney/Pixar: Finding Dory - Based on the plot of the film and it has new underwater gameplay mechanics. Releases with the initial launch with 4.0. Also opens the door for Ariel and other Little Mermaid figures for Infinity 4.0.

-Star Wars: Rebels - Based on the upcoming season and it has gameplay similar to the Star Wars content for 3.0 but with completely new locations, more open worlds and further expanded Lightsaber combat. Clone Wars and Rebels 3.0 figures naively compatible with the playset.

-Marvel: Captain America Civil War - Based on the plot of the film but taking some liberties (using parts of the comic story-line to expand the scope of the playset). Compatible with ANY Marvel figure (though it will launch with Winter Solder and female hero for the playset bundle) but unlike Star Wars, different Marvel Heroes are on different sides of the fight. Leads to different story missions to complete thus expanding the content of the game. releases the same day as 4.0's launch

-Muppets: Party Adventure - Introduction of the Muppets to the world of Infinity and this playset will mirror Inside Out and Monster University Playsets; fun kid friendly adventures that have a mixture of platforming, side missions and fun activities to complete. Muppets will have 5-6 character slots and the playset will come with Kermit and Ms. Piggy.

-Kingdom Hearts: Heartless Invasion - This will be the one included with the starter pack (with Sora and Kiari figures). While not following the plot of KH's, it has Sora, Kiari, and Riku visiting a new world on a unnamed mission, and landing in the Infinity Toy Box. Disney, Marvel, Muppets and Star Wars characters introduce themselves to KH cast. Heartless suddenly appear across the Toy Box and its up to Sora, Riku and Kiari to work with the Infinity cast to rid the Toy Box of the heartless.

Combat mechanics mirror the Star Wars characters but it introduces a Magic system for the KH characters (so Firegra and Areo can be used for example) to expand there movesets. This playset is open to EVERY Infinity character, as are the KH figures for the other playsets; why this is the starter pack playset for 4.0 to begin with.

The core gameplay is a mixture of the 3D world exploration of the Star Wars sets but themed across 6-8 worlds (two Disney, two Pixar, two Marvel, one Star Wars and one Muppets) alongside 2 KH's worlds (Destiny Islands and World that Never Was). Ninja Theory develops the playset with oversight from Disney and Square.
Power Disks for Mickey, Donald and Goofy (for KH costumes) and Toy Box skin for the KH's Power Disk set as well.

curb

Banned
I personally doubt Rebels is ever going to get its own playset unless that show skyrockets in ratings.

I also strongly doubt there'll ever be a Kingdom Hearts playset. KH elements sure, but they won't do a whole playset while they're already putting out actual KH games. DI already is a Disney mash-up so why do a playset that's about a Disney mash-up inside a Disney mash-up? It's redundant and they already have way too many other, bigger properties to work with first.

RK128

I personally doubt Rebels is ever going to get its own playset unless that show skyrockets in ratings.

I also strongly doubt there'll ever be a Kingdom Hearts playset. KH elements sure, but they won't do a whole playset while they're already putting out actual KH games. DI already is a Disney mash-up so why do a playset that's about a Disney mash-up inside a Disney mash-up? It's redundant and they already have way too many other, bigger properties to work with first.

Okay, for the KH's playset idea, replace that with a 3D Open world version of Toy Box Takeover then :). I still feel that we are going to get a large amount of KH's content in 4.0 (the hints for 3.0 point to that), so I feel that at least we will be getting Sora, Riku, Kiari and KH Power Disk Costumes for a few Disney characters (Mickey, Donald and Goofy).

Not sure what they can do with Star Wars though :l. Isn't Ep. VIII coming in 2018? If so....what can they do with the Star Wars IP playset wise (we got Clone Wars and Original Trilogy already, plus Ep. VII this fall). So I'm at a loss for what they could do with a Star Wars playset for 4.0.

curb

Banned
Okay, for the KH's playset idea, replace that with a 3D Open world version of Toy Box Takeover then :). I still feel that we are going to get a large amount of KH's content in 4.0 (the hints for 3.0 point to that), so I feel that at least we will be getting Sora, Riku, Kiari and KH Power Disk Costumes for a few Disney characters (Mickey, Donald and Goofy).

Not sure what they can do with Star Wars though :l. Isn't Ep. VIII coming in 2018? If so....what can they do with the Star Wars IP playset wise (we got Clone Wars and Original Trilogy already, plus Ep. VII this fall). So I'm at a loss for what they could do with a Star Wars playset for 4.0.

My guess is a Sora figure at most. Too many other properties to work with over KH I think.

For Star Wars, there's pretty much going to be a movie every year from now on so playset material should be easy. Rogue One is out Christmas 2016 so I bet there'll be a playset like Force Awakens.

RK128

My guess is a Sora figure at most. Too many other properties to work with over KH I think.

For Star Wars, there's pretty much going to be a movie every year from now on so playset material should be easy. Rogue One is out Christmas 2016 so I bet there'll be a playset like Force Awakens.

I still have my bets on three KH figures but we will see I guess Curb :).

And that's news to me with Star Wars :D! Honestly thought they were having a movie every two years......so its very surprising news that a new film is right around the corner (and Ep. VII isn't even out yet XD!) Thank you for the heads up, as now we know for sure that Rouge One will be the Star Wars Playset for 4.0 next year :).

curb

Banned
I still have my bets on three KH figures but we will see I guess Curb :).

And that's news to me with Star Wars :D! Honestly thought they were having a movie every two years......so its very surprising news that a new film is right around the corner (and Ep. VII isn't even out yet XD!) Thank you for the heads up, as now we know for sure that Rouge One will be the Star Wars Playset for 4.0 next year :).

I'm pretty sure it's a Star Wars movie every year.

2016 Rogue One
2017 Episode VIII
2018 Han Solo movie
2019 Episode IX

And I know I speak pretty definitely about Kingdom Hearts but I fully understand that it's just my opinion. I'm sticking to my guns on this one though but I could totally be wrong.

RK128

I'm pretty sure it's a Star Wars movie every year.

2016 Rogue One
2017 Episode VIII
2018 Han Solo movie
2019 Episode IX

And I know I speak pretty definitely about Kingdom Hearts but I fully understand that it's just my opinion. I'm sticking to my guns on this one though but I could totally be wrong.

Wow, Disney really lit the fire under LucasFilm when they bought them; so many Star Wars movies coming XD!

No wonder Infinity 3.0 use the Star Wars theme; Disney is aiming to make it as gigantic as the Marvel brand going forward :).....though Star Wars has always been a huge IP XD!

And I didn't mean to sound mean before about KH's; just feel strongly that Disney is going to do a lot with the IP for Infinity. The Keyblade and King Mickey's costume being in 3.0 tells me that they will do something with the IP for future Infinity games; Star Wars tools in 1.0 (Lightsaber) and 2.0 (Land Speeder) were hints at Star Wars content in 3.0 after all ;).

vongruetz

Banned
The first Agrabah motorcycle race is really hard isn't it guys? Tell me I don't just suck. I'm drifting and boosting and everything.

Is that the one where you need to shoot the targets to open up the shortcuts? If so, it was a pain the first time I did it too. The Flight to Neverland challenge was also really tricky. I think I finished it with 3 seconds remaining and I picked up quite a few of the time bonuses.

Christopher

Syndrome was NOT hard to find in gamestops bins there was a lot I didn't see any Violet though.

With gamestops sale I literally cleaned up I'm missing just basic guys:

Maleificent
Spider-Man
Rocket raccoon
Tinker bell

That's it. Again guys GO TO GAMESTOP to complete that backlog

curb

Banned
Wow, Disney really lit the fire under LucasFilm when they bought them; so many Star Wars movies coming XD!

No wonder Infinity 3.0 use the Star Wars theme; Disney is aiming to make it as gigantic as the Marvel brand going forward :).....though Star Wars has always been a huge IP XD!

And I didn't mean to sound mean before about KH's; just feel strongly that Disney is going to do a lot with the IP for Infinity. The Keyblade and King Mickey's costume being in 3.0 tells me that they will do something with the IP for future Infinity games; Star Wars tools in 1.0 (Lightsaber) and 2.0 (Land Speeder) were hints at Star Wars content in 3.0 after all ;).

I think they were hinting and building towards one of the biggest franchises Disney owns. KH just isn't in the same league. I personally wouldn't assume it's a set pattern for the games. Also, I didn't take your comments as mean and I hope it's likewise about what I said.

Fusebox

Banned
Is that the one where you need to shoot the targets to open up the shortcuts? If so, it was a pain the first time I did it too. The Flight to Neverland challenge was also really tricky. I think I finished it with 3 seconds remaining and I picked up quite a few of the time bonuses.

That might explain why I'm doing so poorly, I'm not shooting anything to open up anything. :p

Will have another crack tonight and will keep an eye out for some targets to shoot, thanks for the tip man!

I think they were hinting and building towards one of the biggest franchises Disney owns. KH just isn't in the same league. I personally wouldn't assume it's a set pattern for the games. Also, I didn't take your comments as mean and I hope it's likewise about what I said.

I have to agree. We'll get Sora as part of a cross-promo thing with Kingdom Hearts 3's release, maybe costume discs for Donald and Goofy, and that's probably it. Maybe a few Keyblade designs beyond the default but even that's unlikely.

We could see some Heartless enemies thrown into a Toy Box Takeover style mode for 4.0 but I don't think we're going to see more KH characters than Sora.

What I think would be cool, though, is if they let Sora play in all of the 4.0 playsets as a crossover character. His 'gimmick' is basically that he can move between Disney worlds, and it would make some sense here and be in the spirit of the character and the KH franchise, if Disney's okay with doing it.

curb

Banned
Syndrome was NOT hard to find in gamestops bins there was a lot I didn't see any Violet though.

With gamestops sale I literally cleaned up I'm missing just basic guys:

Maleificent
Spider-Man
Rocket raccoon
Tinker bell

That's it. Again guys GO TO GAMESTOP to complete that backlog

I'm really hoping I can find a second Ahsoka eventually. I really want one for my desk.

Also, I played Toy Box Takeover for a couple hours tonight. It seems good but I wouldn't say I'm loving it.

Just checked my exp bonus, it's at 179%. That explains why my characters level insanely fast.

Also noticed Black Spidey is listed as a 3.0 figure in that menu. Do we have any info on that? Since he was exclusive to the 2.0 Vita version, it seems strange to list him as a 3.0 figure if they don't actually release him as a single carded figure in 3.0. So I'm guessing that might happen.

Just checked my exp bonus, it's at 179%. That explains why my characters level insanely fast.

Also noticed Black Spidey is listed as a 3.0 figure in that menu. Do we have any info on that? Since he was exclusive to the 2.0 Vita version, it seems strange to list him as a 3.0 figure if they don't actually release him as a single carded figure in 3.0. So I'm guessing that might happen.

Where do you check your XP bonus?

ALSO, should characters automatically appear in the respective Hall of Heroes once they are scanned in? Some did, some didn't and I'm not seeing a pattern.

Where do you check your XP bonus?

ALSO, should characters automatically appear in the respective Hall of Heroes once they are scanned in? Some did, some didn't and I'm not seeing a pattern.

Main Menu, Disney Infinity Collection.

Characters only appear in the Hall of Heroes after they've been scanned in AND gained a level.

Farming.
Tell me a few things...

Do you only access the farm via the door in the Toy Box Hub --> Learn how to grow tutorial or is there a way to just jump right into the farm, similiar to how you can access your Interior from the menu.

I have 5 sidekicks out there with their hoes. But all they seem to grow are spark flowers. How do I get them to grow fruits and shit.

Thanks!

Farming.
Tell me a few things...

Do you only access the farm via the door in the Toy Box Hub --> Learn how to grow tutorial or is there a way to just jump right into the farm, similiar to how you can access your Interior from the menu.

I have 5 sidekicks out there with their hoes. But all they seem to grow are spark flowers. How do I get them to grow fruits and shit.

Thanks!
For now the only way into the farm is through the Hub. Once you unlock farming plots you can place them in a custom toy box and farm from there. Flowers and weeds grow in abundance at first but eventually you'll start growing food. You just need to clear space until the food starts to appear. Once you grow a new type of food, you'll unlock a hat for your sidekicks that will increase the chances of growing that type of food. This tends to lower the chance of weeds and flowers as well, but they will still appear occasionally. If you haven't unlocked the watering can yet, look forward to that as it will speed up food growth. You should get that after you grow a few pieces of food if I'm not mistaken. The super grow plot, once unlocked, will give you much better yields as well.

For now the only way into the farm is through the Hub. Once you unlock farming plots you can place them in a custom toy box and farm from there. Flowers and weeds grow in abundance at first but eventually you'll start growing food. You just need to clear space until the food starts to appear. Once you grow a new type of food, you'll unlock a hat for your sidekicks that will increase the chances of growing that type of food. This tends to lower the chance of weeds and flowers as well, but they will still appear occasionally. If you haven't unlocked the watering can yet, look forward to that as it will speed up food growth. You should get that after you grow a few pieces of food if I'm not mistaken. The super grow plot, once unlocked, will give you much better yields as well.

I love you. Great info.
I guess I have to hang around the farm while stuff grows? I was hoping I could leave the sidekicks in there to work while I do other things.

So prior MagicBand unlocks don't unlock in 3.0? I got the Partner's Statue but no Dragon Gate, etc.
Are they not already in your collection?

I love you. Great info.
I guess I have to hang around the farm while stuff grows? I was hoping I could leave the sidekicks in there to work while I do other things.
You can leave. When you come back your sidekicks will reset so you won't see them working as you left them but the food is still growing.

blackflag

Toybox Takeover and Toybox Speedway are coming out later this fall and both of them let you use ANY character.

Takeover is a sort of diablo-style dungeon crawl through various Disney properties (including Star Wars and Marvel) with boss fights and gear to equip and grow your sidekick. It looks really rad, and if you played Escape From The Kiln it's like a much better version of that with an actual storyline.

Speedway is basically Disney Infinity Mario Kart, designed by Sumo Digital (who did the recent Sonic racing games that are pretty amazing). It has tracks much fancier than anything players can design and the new racing controls are much improved over 2.0

There's a lot more to do now than 2.0 had in it's toybox. But you might want to wait until October when Takeover is released and pick up Speedway later on in the fall when it comes out.

Damn finally. Can't believe it took this long. Most of the you oz levels on the server aren't very good and my daughter wants to play Elsa and my son wants to play ironman but they want to play together. Sounds like I'll get 3.0 when that comes out. Barely played 2.0 at all.

curb

Banned
did best buy finally send it to you? nice

They did. I didn't think they would either. The CSR Manager said he'd get back to me but never did. The package just showed up yesterday with no warning.

I assume the Marvel 4 is

Ant-Man
Scarlet
Vision
and Strange?

I think Strange has lower odds than Quicksilver. Despite what happened in Age of Ultron, he's still a well liked character I think. That last spot is the wild card for me though. Strange, Quicksilver, Captain Marvel? It could be anyone but my money is on Pietro.

Poona

When can the rest of the world buy Toybox Takeover?

Some eb games stores have copies left over that weren't given for pre-orders in Australia (I've seen it on the shelves with the other Disney infinity things). I would have picked it up myself (cost was aus $24.95) but I'm fine with waiting until the general release early October alongside the new Star Wars stuff.

Hey everyone,

I was thinking of getting into this series. I thought about playing it during the first iteration but never got around to it. I heard 3.0 is the best yet and I am a huge Star Wars guy so this finally has really peaked my interest.

I basically am wondering if someone can summarize this for a complete noob. I am kind of confused about the figures to get and playsets. I don't want all the figures. I went through that crap with amiibo and I can't do it again, haha.

You all seem nice so I wanted to see if you could provide a little background. Playsets? ToyBox? What do figures do that aren't part of the play set and what is ToyBox?

Thanks, guys.

curb

Banned
Hey everyone,

I was thinking of getting into this series. I thought about playing it during the first iteration but never got around to it. I heard 3.0 is the best yet and I am a huge Star Wars guy so this finally has really peaked my interest.

I basically am wondering if someone can summarize this for a complete noob. I am kind of confused about the figures to get and playsets. I don't want all the figures. I went through that crap with amiibo and I can't do it again, haha.

You all seem nice so I wanted to see if you could provide a little background. Playsets? ToyBox? What do figures do that aren't part of the play set and what is ToyBox?

Thanks, guys.

You're probably best off getting either the regular Starter pack or the Saga Bundle. There's details on both in the first post if the thread. I suggest you give that a read and then come back if you have further questions.

Basically though, either of those will get you what you need to start out. The basic starter pack only has the Clone Wars playset and the Saga Bundle is the only way to get the Original Trilogy playset for another few weeks.

SirKhalid

Damn, I been trying to get my Disney Infinity Toy Box Takeover Pre-order bonus from Toys "R" Us. I saw that they add it back on the website yesterday. I tried contacting their support online but their ticket system seems to be having issue and was not even getting automate response from it. I also tried calling them, but after 30 minutes of wait I get that their customer support department is closed... So I called them this morning and they removed the item from the website again... The guy says he can't find it and they usually do that when it's out of stock. Now, I need to check the website from time to time.

Avari

It's not. You need a portal made specifically for X1. Gamestop had it used for $5.

PS4, PS3, Wii, and Wii U portals are all the same so you'll be good.

I see - thanks. A bit irksome that all the other systems have interchangeable portals. Will probably try GameStop as the new stuff looks good.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Sorta want to buy Tron figures....

but I hate buying solo figures that don't have a playset attached.

Yes I'm aware they can be used in toybox takeover.

Still doesn't change my mind.

Sorta want to buy Tron figures....

but I hate buying solo figures that don't have a playset attached.

Yes I'm aware they can be used in toybox takeover.

Still doesn't change my mind.

I kind of felt this way at first but honestly there's so much stuff you can do with toybox-only figures now, between Takeover and Speedway, that it's not worth being stubborn about it when you could be playing as a character you like.

The truth is there's just not enough development time and resources to give everyone playsets. It's really unfortunate. But the fact that they're still able to make fan-favorite characters like Sam Flynn and Quorra even though they're not confident that those will sell well is enough of a reason to pick those characters up.

The more they see that the fan-favorites actually sell even if their focus testing or marketing research tells them they won't do well, the more fan-favorites they'll end up making. If you want to see a Tron playset someday, maybe if they manage to get a sequel back into production, it's a good idea to buy the stand-alone figures and show them there's a desire for it.

mreddie

I think Strange has lower odds than Quicksilver. Despite what happened in Age of Ultron, he's still a well liked character I think. That last spot is the wild card for me though. Strange, Quicksilver, Captain Marvel? It could be anyone but my money is on Pietro.

I dunno, Pietro isn't in Civil War and Dash already has his moveset despite there's 20 gun shooters. I also predict Wasp as a assist disc.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I kind of felt this way at first but honestly there's so much stuff you can do with toybox-only figures now, between Takeover and Speedway, that it's not worth being stubborn about it when you could be playing as a character you like.

The truth is there's just not enough development time and resources to give everyone playsets. It's really unfortunate. But the fact that they're still able to make fan-favorite characters like Sam Flynn and Quorra even though they're not confident that those will sell well is enough of a reason to pick those characters up.

The more they see that the fan-favorites actually sell even if their focus testing or marketing research tells them they won't do well, the more fan-favorites they'll end up making. If you want to see a Tron playset someday, maybe if they manage to get a sequel back into production, it's a good idea to buy the stand-alone figures and show them there's a desire for it.

I get this, but I always end up caving and buying figures attatched to the playsets I own.

I mean I get the fact that me passing on shit reinforces the idea that they shouldn't have a playset to begin with. It's just ugh idk

curb

Banned
I dunno, Pietro isn't in Civil War and Dash already has his moveset despite there's 20 gun shooters. I also predict Wasp as a assist disc.

I'm really only going on something from JV on Twitter. Of all my Marvel figure predictions, he's the one I'm the least set on.

A Wasp power disc seems like a no-brainer to me given Ant-Man's inclusion.

curb

Banned
I had the surprise
Star Destroyer attack
in the Toy Box Hub. I love all the little things that can happen in there.

I'm also wondering why the little Nightmare Before Christmas townspeople show up as enemies on the radar. I thought it was another neat touch but then my sidekick started attacking them.

MrMephistoX

They're coming out with Hulkbuster, Ultron and a playset with 4 player co-op so you never know what the theme will be.

I had the surprise
Star Destroyer attack
in the Toy Box Hub. I love all the little things that can happen in there.

I was really pleasantly surprised by that!

curb

Banned
They're coming out with Hulkbuster, Ultron and a playset with 4 player co-op so you never know what the theme will be.

I've got a feeling that it's a general Marvel playset. I kinda doubt it will follow any specific movie/comic plot. My guess is that the Hulkbuster and Ultron figures coming in November instead of with the playset just to capitalize on Age of Ultron as much as possible but not to detract from the Star Wars centric launch.

Gorki247

Ultron and Hulkbuster released in November. Then next year Scarlet Witch and Vision in a playset with Ant-Man and Black Panther as separate figures.

I think Black Panther and Captain Marvel are probably going to be held back until their movies happen, like Ant Man was. Doctor Strange too.

I feel like it's possible we'll get War Machine though. We got Falcon last round and War Machine was important in Avengers 2 and is going to be in Civil War- plus he already partially exists as Iron Patriot in-game.

Top Bottom