• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

RK128

So I noticed the digital upgrade is 19.99€ on PS4 and 29.99€ on Xbox one. Why is that? I have thought about getting the 2.0 set, since those are cheaper and then upgrade sometime later. I also want more Ironman, Thor and Blackwidow figurines than those Star Wars starter pack ones.

Just keep in mind a few things:
-The Star Wars playsets NEED the Star Wars figures to work
-Inside Out only works with the Inside Out emotions
-Toy Box Expansions works with everyone (but the Cars figures do not work with Takeover)
-Toy Box content completely supports all characters
-Past playsets can unlock part sets if you place them on the base in the Toy Box; cheap way to unlock a lot of content at once (Ex: 1.0 Starter playset figure has three playsets-in-one and I saw it used at GameStop for 6-7 bucks)
-1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 Characters all get upgrades from the new gameplay mechanics 3.0 offers (Lightsaber combat carries over to everyone, if they are using melee weapons or if you give them one for example). Cars figures benefit from this a lot, as they are using the 3.0 Driving mechanics now (the Sumo Digital content).
-Marvel 2.0 Content is very weak in comparison to both 1.0 and 3.0 content; the Marvel Playsets are very bland and boring, with only the Guardians of the Galaxy one being interesting.

RobbieNick

The lightsabers no, but my Kannan figure had his hand fall off just by me bushing against it while grabbing another figure. I ended up putting it back on with krazy glue. First time I've ever had a problem with these figures.

Rayme

My 2.5yo son has broken half of the lightsabers or so, without really being rough (or not "trying" to be). It's not a flaw in the statues, they're rated 6+ for a reason, but yeah they're probably the most fragile bits on the figures yet.

With normal use, probably totally fine though. I'm not too bent over it, and he loves them way too much for me to get all Lego Movie on him. ;)

long, thin plastic bits is something they try to avoid with Infinity figures, but the lightsabers do that and go one further- they're transparent plastic so they can't have any reinforcement hidden inside them to prevent breaking.

it's a general toy problem, not an infinity-specific thing, but it's something they've avoided until now

they should have made the lightsabers thicker

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I've just received a copy of the game and I wonder if my favourite disney character is in the game as a sidekick. It would be Paperinik / Duck Avenger, Donald Duck's super hero alter-ego. Is there a comprehensive list of all sidekicks / costums and - though this would only be important if the Duck Avenger is in - how to unlock them somewhere?

Isomac

-Toy Box Expansions works with everyone (but the Cars figures do not work with Takeover)
-Past playsets can unlock part sets if you place them on the base in the Toy Box; cheap way to unlock a lot of content at once (Ex: 1.0 Starter playset figure has three playsets-in-one and I saw it used at GameStop for 6-7 bucks)
-1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 Characters all get upgrades from the new gameplay mechanics 3.0 offers (Lightsaber combat carries over to everyone, if they are using melee weapons or if you give them one for example). Cars figures benefit from this a lot, as they are using the 3.0 Driving mechanics now (the Sumo Digital content).
-Marvel 2.0 Content is very weak in comparison to both 1.0 and 3.0 content; the Marvel Playsets are very bland and boring, with only the Guardians of the Galaxy one being interesting.
Thank you for this amazing post! Yeah I heard that the 2.0 is weaker than this new one. Still the price for the starter pack is nice and I get 3 figurines with it. Then I can buy the upgrade and see later, if I want toybox takeover or that Leia and Luke pack.

MrMephistoX

I'd say the Marvel stuff is weak but worth it if you get them on sale. If you have kids flying around the city is really fun if you haven't played countless open world games

curb

Banned
I'd say the Marvel stuff is weak but worth it if you get them on sale. If you have kids flying around the city is really fun if you haven't played countless open world games

It's really the only Marvel game around on consoles these days. Those playsets get a lot of criticism but I've played a lot worse games before. Of course, I've also played way better games.

curb

Banned
Bit disappointed with the Rise of the Empire playset they cut a lot from ESB it's just Hoth.

I thought they could have at least added a linear level between Hoth and Endor like they did for the first Death Star. It would have made sense to do that couched by a couple cutscenes. Introduce Lando properly and whatnot.

Was going to post it in here for anyone else that just jumped in to Infinity, but the Microsoft Store has already sold out of their sale price of Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey and Anna figures. Both were listed as $6, if anyone wants to look at the site again in case they pop back up. Both are 1.0 characters I believe.

Stanng243

I was pleasantly surprised to find I was leveling really quick and that's due to doubling the number of figures I have with 3.0. It's a nice benefit to having shelled out for these figures.

Yeah, I've got a 152% exp bonus. I was leveling pretty quick.

sahest

Banned
Downloaded the digital version on my Wii U, only to find that NONE of the stores I visit here in Norway carry the Twilight play set. Amazon it is, then...

Yeah, I've got a 152% exp bonus. I was leveling pretty quick.

I need to check how much I have in exp bonus. I have every 1.0 and 2.0 figure, and most of the 3.0 ones as well. It seems like I level super quick now, I just reached Level 20 last night with my first figure, Iron Man. He's a beast now.

Plasma

Banned
I thought they could have at least added a linear level between Hoth and Endor like they did for the first Death Star. It would have made sense to do that couched by a couple cutscenes. Introduce Lando properly and whatnot.

Yeah I thought it was a bit odd not to have a couple of short levels for Dagobah and Cloud City.

curb

Banned
Yeah I thought it was a bit odd not to have a couple of short levels for Dagobah and Cloud City.

I forgot about that. I get what they were going for and I'm sure there were some resource constraints but they had a sail barge and a Sarlacc and didn't do that scene either. I still like it but they really skip past a lot of stuff.

I've got the "Gotta Get'em All" fever right now. My daughter wants our next one to be Olaf. And I'm torn between the new Mickey and Sam Flynn. I know we'll get her choice, but not sure which one of mine too.

Help!

Also, any sales on figures at the moment?

I've got the "Gotta Get'em All" fever right now. My daughter wants our next one to be Olaf. And I'm torn between the new Mickey and Sam Flynn. I know we'll get her choice, but not sure which one of mine too.

Help!

30% off at Target with their Cartwheel app.

graffix13

So I bought my 5 year old daughter the Sadness figure (and Elsa) and she's hooked. But she only likes playing around in the Toy Box hub...which is fine by me, as there are enemy spawns that I can grind xp on.

Speaking of enemies in the Toy Box hub....how do you kill that red mist cloud that spawns every once in awhile? My lightsaber won't touch it, I've tried blasting it with that generic blaster they give you under your tools radial bar. I've even tried to shoot with the guns on an X-Wing....but nothing harms it. It's annoying because it 1 shots you and it can sneak up on you.

Anyway to destroy it?

vongruetz

Banned

Help!

My daughter really wanted Olaf, so we got him. Now she spends most of her time playing with Sam Flynn and Quorra. Both Tron characters have some really nice moves and they de-rez their enemies when defeated. It's pretty cool. Also, after Quorra's abilities get leveled up, she essentially gets the same web-slinging abilities as Spiderman.

curb

Banned
My two and a half year old likes to watch me play as "Hulksmash" or Ahsoka. She's no fun yet though because all she wants me to do is drop cars and pedestrian barriers all around an empty toy box and then drive each car for about 15 seconds each. It's worth it though because I'm quietly sowing geeky seeds in her head since my wife and I generally have different tastes in entertainment media.

Speaking of enemies in the Toy Box hub....how do you kill that red mist cloud that spawns every once in awhile? My lightsaber won't touch it, I've tried blasting it with that generic blaster they give you under your tools radial bar. I've even tried to shoot with the guns on an X-Wing....but nothing harms it. It's annoying because it 1 shots you and it can sneak up on you.

Anyway to destroy it?

I don't think so

curb

Banned
I think I remember watching some of the DI team on a livestream play Takeover and mentioning that you can't kill the killer cloud, just run from it. I guess that works in TBT but in the Hub? That just seems cruel. Does it disappear eventually?

Help!

Gamestop is doing Buy 2 Get 3 Free on all used toys-to-life figures right now, if you want to get a bunch for cheap. It's a really good deal as long as you don't mind them being used.

You can also find a lot of 1.0 and 2.0 figures on Clearance right now at Wal-Mart, for like $10 each instead of their normal prices. Picked up Tinkerbell and Donald for my little sister that way.

graffix13

I think I remember watching some of the DI team on a livestream play Takeover and mentioning that you can't kill the killer cloud, just run from it. I guess that works in TBT but in the Hub? That just seems cruel. Does it disappear eventually?

I know it disappears once it kills you, haha.

It's just annoying really. You don't lose anything when you die in the Toy Box Hub of course, and you instantly respawn.

RobbieNick

Got Sabine today which completes my Rebels collection. Submitted my Tatooine farm and racing ToyBox to Disney for approval. I hope it goes through so I can share it with others. I worked really hard on it and it has the following...

A small farm for raising your crops to boost your sidekicks stats.

TWO different race courses. One standard Kart track with weapons and one for Podracing.

A mysterious cave in which you get into a boss fight with Darth Vader.

Above the cave are several vehicles you can take and race through a ring course with.

So plenty to do while waiting for your crops to grow. It's the best Toy Box I've done yet.

Shenmue

Banned
Gamestop is doing Buy 2 Get 3 Free on all used toys-to-life figures right now, if you want to get a bunch for cheap. It's a really good deal as long as you don't mind them being used.

You can also find a lot of 1.0 and 2.0 figures on Clearance right now at Wal-Mart, for like $10 each instead of their normal prices. Picked up Tinkerbell and Donald for my little sister that way.

Gotta second the B2G3F. Did it 4 times and now I have all the figures up to 3.0. The ones I got were all in like new condition except for a Syndrome. If you see any dirt or crayon marks on the figures, a paper towel and some 91% rubbing alcohol will take them right off.

Pro-tip: Ask your friendly neighborhood employee to print out lists (prints on receipt paper) of every location near you that carry the figures you want, many of which you can't even find on the Gamestop website, but is in their system. Then if you see a store that carries many of the figures you want, they can actually ship them to your nearest store free of charge.

Nudull

Banned
So I'm right down to debating between going to 3.0 or getting Lego Dimensions first. I've played 2.0, but didn't seemed to grab me outside of the Avengers playset, and as much as I enjoyed collecting the figures, I didn't think there was much in the way of single player. I take this is generally improved?

curb

Banned
So I'm right down to debating between going to 3.0 or getting Lego Dimensions first. I've played 2.0, but didn't seemed to grab me outside of the Avengers playset, and as much as I enjoyed collecting the figures, I didn't think there was much in the way of single player. I take this is generally improved?

I think so. I thought 2.0 was alright but I think the 3.0 Star Wars content is great.

Hex

Banned

I love Doctor Who and I know that he is in Lego, but I will be honest I hate the Lego character design and always have.
I am sure that they will have some cool characters but Disney + Star Wars with a side order of Marvel mixed in just there is no comparison to me.

xJavonta

Banned
I'm downloading 2.0 right now, but I'd like to get 3.0. Only thing is, I don't want these fucking figurines cluttering up my apartment. Is there any way to play the game and buy the characters instead of buying some toy with it?

I'm downloading 2.0 right now, but I'd like to get 3.0. Only thing is, I don't want these fucking figurines cluttering up my apartment. Is there any way to play the game and buy the characters instead of buying some toy with it?

The PC version works this way, it's all digital.

adarker

Banned
I seen pictures of the lightsabers breaking, are they really that fragile?

The lightsabers no, but my Kannan figure had his hand fall off just by me bushing against it while grabbing another figure. I ended up putting it back on with krazy glue. First time I've ever had a problem with these figures.

When I bought Baymax for 2.0, I got him home, took him out of the package, and his wing fell off. It was close to Christmas so I knew I wouldn't get another so I also Krazy Glued him. Been fine ever since. Only fig I ever had a problem with but it has been a thing even before 3.0 and the Lightsabers.

adarker

Banned
I love Doctor Who and I know that he is in Lego, but I will be honest I hate the Lego character design and always have.
I am sure that they will have some cool characters but Disney + Star Wars with a side order of Marvel mixed in just there is no comparison to me.

Same thing here Doctor Who is tempting but I strongly dislike the Lego play style and look. I enjoy DI more than I probably should.

Just picked up the Star Wars playset and played it with my 6 year old niece who knows next to nothing about Star Wars. (Also got Disney characters for Toy Box just in case)

Surprisingly, she really has enjoyed the playset so far, even if it is a bit difficult in spots for her, pretty impressed myself so far.

SOOOO glad I relented and picked this up. I've avoided it til now as the series hasn't really had a great critical reception, and didn't a new collectible. But the reviews on this one were(are) great and I mean....STAR WARS!

They caught me in the middle of my Hype Cycle and I am so glad.

Snagged a PS4 Saga Edition + Toybox Takedown + Sabine (!), Mickey, and Stitch.

Boba Fett, man. His flight controls are sooooo sweet.

Can someone tell me toybox is alot more "fun" then 2.0 ?

We have alot of toybox only figures, but it gets boring just manually placing 200 enemies, to kill and repeat over and over that even my boy is sick of it now.

Im hoping you can at least infinitely / randomly spawn enemies so you can just play over and over .

Top Bottom