• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

Gorki247

JV stated there was more than 4 slots left, and that new Cap wasn't part of the original line up.

This makes me wonder if this image is not showing everything there is. I still expect a female figure (Scarlet Witch) to come in the play set.

RK128

JV stated there was more than 4 slots left, and that new Cap wasn't part of the original line up.

This makes me wonder if this image is not showing everything there is. I still expect a female figure (Scarlet Witch) to come in the play set.

So there are more slots left? So counting all the currently announced Marvel figures:
-Captain America MCU (Extra)
-Hulkbuster Iron Man
-Ultron
-Ant-Man
-Black Panther
-Vision

We might have 1-2 more slots left for Marvel Heroes.....I guess it would be any of the following:
-Scarlet Witch (MCU version)
-Wasp
-Black Widow (MCU version)
-Quicksilver (MCU version)

curb

Banned

I think there's a good chance she'll be packed into the play set. I wonder if she has a new/tweaked look for Civil War and they're waiting for the trailer before showing her figure.

RK128

I think there's a good chance she'll be packed into the play set. I wonder if she has a new/tweaked look for Civil War and they're waiting for the trailer before showing her figure.

If that is the case, then its no wonder why she wasn't announced alongside the new Cap. I guess we have to wait and see what they want to do with the announcement then.

curb

Banned
If that is the case, then its no wonder why she wasn't announced alongside the new Cap. I guess we have to wait and see what they want to do with the announcement then.

I don't think they haven't shown the physical play set piece either or the packaging. I suspect that'll happen around the time the Civil War trailer hits. Just a guess though.

I would like more Disney characters.... I mean the Marvel and Star Wars stuff is fun and I know we are getting Zootopia and Peter Pan... I guess I would like to see stuff like Robin Hood, Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast and Alice and Wonderland.

RK128

I don't think they haven't shown the physical play set piece either or the packaging. I suspect that'll happen around the time the Civil War trailer hits. Just a guess though.

I feel that is a good guess, as then they could announce the Battlegrounds playset with 3.0 Cap and MCU Scarlet Witch to get the most out of the marketing, which is a major thing Disney does with Infinity.

Gorki247

Yes, when people complained about new Cap taking up a slot, JV tweeted several responses

Black Suit Spider-Man doesn't take up one of the "slots" he was released in 2.0

There are more empty slots

There should have been more than four "slots" if you are referring to the character wall

Keeping in mind that Hulkbuster and Ultron were already on that wall, and neither Cap or Black Suit Spidery were planned for one of the remaining slots, we should be able to count on at least 4 more characters (if not more).

curb

Banned
Yes, when people complained about new Cap taking up a slot, JV tweeted several responses

Keeping in mind that Hulkbuster and Ultron were already on that wall, and neither Cap or Black Suit Spidery were planned for one of the remaining slots, we should be able to count on at least 4 more characters (if not more).

The original board in the OP had four spots left after Hulkbuster and Ultron. With Cap and Black Spidey not counting, there should be at least one more figure. I got the impression from JV's Twitter that the number of spots may have increased but he also did say that it was Marvel's idea for nuCap and also implied he won't be the only MCU upgrade.

Bump for new page...Any impressions would be appreciated.

It's good. You should play it. :p

I liked it a lot. I liked Twilight of the Republic more but that's due to my unbridled love of Clone Wars and the fact that Twilight is a bit more story driven. Empire has a lot of fetch quests for progression currency but also has a huge nostalgia factor.

RK128

I would like more Disney characters.... I mean the Marvel and Star Wars stuff is fun and I know we are getting Zootopia and Peter Pan... I guess I would like to see stuff like Robin Hood, Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast and Alice and Wonderland.

Don't expect Robin Hood but we do have about 7-5 slots for more Disney characters. Plus, Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast & Alice all have live action versions/sequels coming out so Disney would likely want to use those designs to push marketing for those films. Expect the following from the Disney content:
-Live action Mulgli (sorry for misspelling his name)
-Animated Bell
-Animated Beast
-Live Action Alice
-Live Action Mad Hatter

And if Disney wants to have more animated characters from their cartoons join game, they could bring in the following:
-Star
-Marco
-Dipper
-Mabel
-Wonder
-Kim Possible

Plus if they want to add more classic characters to make fans happy, they could bring in these guys:
-Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
-Goofy (I expect him to being in the game at some point)
-Pete
-Darkwing Duck
-Scrooge McDuck

RK128

The original board in the OP had four spots left after Hulkbuster and Ultron. With Cap and Black Spidey not counting, there should be at least one more figure. I got the impression from JV's Twitter that the number of spots may have increased but he also did say that it was Marvel's idea for nuCap and also implied he won't be the only MCU upgrade.

So, we can see MCU upgrades for the following then:
-Black Widow
-Hawkeye
-Hulk
-Thor
-Iron Man (odd as he has the Hulkbuster version though....)
-Loki
-Falcon

curb

Banned
So, we can see MCU upgrades for the following then:
-Black Widow
-Hawkeye
-Hulk
-Thor
-Iron Man (odd as he has the Hulkbuster version though....)
-Loki
-Falcon

I wonder if they'd do Falcon since he already has an MCU costume power disc. That a more Winter Soldier version though so they could do a more red version as an upgraded figure.

I think Loki's costume isn't hugely far off from his MCU version to me so I wonder if he'd get an update but you never know once Thor 3 rolls around.

The others in your list seem like safe bets.

Gorki247

I am also not convinced that Cap will be in the play set. They said at NYCC that he was coming with the play set, but that could just mean he will be released along-side the set. So maybe, there is still a chance for Quicksilver.

Something else I noticed to support my thinking. There are currently two groups of characters if you look a the figure base.

Age of Ultron: Hulkbuster and Ultron
Civil War: Ant-Man, Vision, Cap. America, Black Panther

What if the twins have the same AoU base so that each group has four characters.

Edit: Also, don't expect any further MCU upgrades. JV stated that they will only re-release characters like this if it makes sense. In the case of Cap, they did it because of the movie next year but also because it's his 75th anniversary next year.

Don't expect Robin Hood but we do have about 7-5 slots for more Disney characters. Plus, Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast & Alice all have live action versions/sequels coming out so Disney would likely want to use those designs to push marketing for those films. Expect the following from the Disney content:
-Live action Mulgli (sorry for misspelling his name)
-Animated Bell
-Animated Beast
-Live Action Alice
-Live Action Mad Hatter

And if Disney wants to have more animated characters from their cartoons join game, they could bring in the following:
-Star
-Marco
-Dipper
-Mabel
-Wonder
-Kim Possible

Plus if they want to add more classic characters to make fans happy, they could bring in these guys:
-Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
-Goofy (I expect him to being in the game at some point)
-Pete
-Darkwing Duck
-Scrooge McDuck

I really hope they dont do the live action versions of Alice.... Goofy seems like the next logical choice. Pluto or Chip and Dale would be cool too.

curb

Banned
I am also not convinced that Cap will be in the play set. They said at NYCC that he was coming with the play set, but that could just mean he will be released along-side the set. So maybe, there is still a chance for Quicksilver.

Something else I noticed to support my thinking. There are currently two groups of characters if you look a the figure base.

Age of Ultron: Hulkbuster and Ultron
Civil War: Ant-Man, Vision, Cap. America, Black Panther

What if the twins have the same AoU base so that each group has four characters.

nuCap is in the play set. They confirmed that in the last Toy Box TV episode.

Edit: Here's the video when they say it

RK128

I wonder if they'd do Falcon since he already has an MCU costume power disc. That a more Winter Soldier version though so they could do a more red version as an upgraded figure.

I think Loki's costume isn't hugely far off from his MCU version to me so I wonder if he'd get an update but you never know once Thor 3 rolls around.

The others in your list seem like safe bets.

We got the Black Suit Spider-Man Disk and yet we got a Black Suit version of Spider-Man with the Vita release of 2.0, so its more likely Falcon might get a re-print with a new design.

And the re-prints are more than costume changes; they stated that Cap is getting a new movest with his 3.0 version. So, I would guess MCU versions of characters would be getting a lot of new abilities to play around with.

That leads to the idea of re-prints of characters with new moves and the like. Skylanders does this exact thing with all the time since Giants (with a significant amount of its roster being composed of reprints of popular Skylanders from Spyro's Adventure). However, Superchargers is doing exactly what Infinity is doing, with new versions of Stealth Elf, Pop Fizz, Roller Brawl, Gill Grunt, Trigger Happy and other reprints having new movesets alongside new designs.

The plus here is that instead of taking up a 'slot' like the Skylanders, Infinity is having them as 'extras'. So, they doing get in the way of other new characters. But I do wonder if that is why we are getting few new Marvel characters, with the Infinity team going back to older characters and giving them new moves/abilities and implanting that into new MCU designs.

curb

Banned
We got the Black Suit Spider-Man Disk and yet we got a Black Suit version of Spider-Man with the Vita release of 2.0, so its more likely Falcon might get a re-print with a new design.

And the re-prints are more than costume changes; they stated that Cap is getting a new movest with his 3.0 version. So, I would guess MCU versions of characters would be getting a lot of new abilities to play around with.

My only hesitation about Falcon is that he's pretty much a supporting character in the movies and would likely at least be a lower priority for an update when you look at all the other main Avengers figures they could do first.

RK128

My only hesitation about Falcon is that he's pretty much a supporting character in the movies and would likely at least be a lower priority for an update when you look at all the other main Avengers figures they could do first.

Good point but if they are going re-prints of MCU characters, might as well do as much as you can before Civil War lands, that way you can have the movie versions of characters pop up in 3.0.

Besides, Infinity is as much a marketing platform as it is a video game, so Disney will likely want to push more MCU versions of characters to beef up the Marvel roster to match up with the new Star Wars and Disney/Pixar figures.

curb

Banned
Good point but if they are going re-prints of MCU characters, might as well do as much as you can before Civil War lands, that way you can have the movie versions of characters pop up in 3.0.

Besides, Infinity is as much a marketing platform as it is a video game, so Disney will likely want to push more MCU versions of characters to beef up the Marvel roster to match up with the new Star Wars and Disney/Pixar figures.

True. With Civil war coming next year they could easily have a very stacked MCU figure line up. Cap, Falcon, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man along with maybe one or more of Bucky, War Machine and an updated Hawkguy.

RK128

True. With Civil war coming next year they could easily have a very stacked MCU figure line up. Cap, Falcon, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man along with maybe one or more of Bucky, War Machine and an updated Hawkguy.

Could clearly see that too, as it covers a lot of characters across both Age of Ultron and Civil War:
-Ultron: Vision, Scarlet Witch, Hulkbuster Iron Man, Utron
-Civil War: MCU Cap, MCU Falcon, MCU Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Winter Solder, War Machine

curb

Banned
OK, didn't see that. Wondering now, if they had originally planned for another character to be in the play set, but decided to use Cap once they added him to the line up. In which case, did will that oriental character be released separate or what he killed off ;-)

It sounds like nuCap was a more recent idea on Marvel's part. I always figured Scarlet Witch would be in the play set since they seem hesitant about selling female Marvel figures on their own. I do wonder if they had a Quicksilver in mind and maybe canned that one in favor of either nuCap or more Civil War related figures.

Could clearly see that too, as it covers a lot of characters across both Age of Ultron and Civil War:
-Civil War: MCU Cap, MCU Falcon, MCU Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Winter Solder, War Machine

I do doubt we'll get too many more Marvel figures for 3.0, even if they've added more "spots" in their planning. I doubt we'll see a Bucky, MCU Falcon or War Machine this round. That is, if they don't extend the life of 3.0 further and support it more like a platform instead of doing 4.0 this fall. I'd love it if they'd hold off 4.0 until 2017 - let 3.0 breathe a bit and put some extra time into development.

RK128

OK, didn't see that. Wondering now, if they had originally planned for another character to be in the play set, but decided to use Cap once they added him to the line up. In which case, will that original character be released separate or has he been killed off ;-)

Maybe the staring characters of the playset was Hulkbuster and Scarlet Witch but they changed it around when they learned of the MCU Cap being made for 3.0.

My bet is that 3.0 Marvel Content will roll out like this:
Fall 2016: Hulkbuster and Ultron come out
Early 2016: Battlegrounds Playset with MCU Cap and Scarlet Witch releases same-date as the Civil War film. Black Panther, Ant-Man and Vision all coming out with the playsets launch
March/April 2016: MCU versions of Hawkeye and Falcon release alongside Winter Solder

Gorki247

Vision is based on Civil War, I think - look at the base.

Like I explained in my earlier post, don't expect any more MCU versions of existing characters. At least not in 3.0. Cap was a special case.

Maybe the staring characters of the playset was Hulkbuster and Scarlet Witch but they changed it around when they learned of the MCU Cap being made for 3.0.
Hulkbuster would have been too big to fit in the playset.

RK128

I do doubt we'll get too many more Marvel figures for 3.0, even if they've added more "spots" in their planning. I doubt we'll see a Bucky, MCU Falcon or War Machine this round. That is, if they don't extend the life of 3.0 further and support it more like a platform instead of doing 4.0 this fall. I'd love it if they'd hold off 4.0 until 2017 - let 3.0 breathe a bit and put some extra time into development.

I would prefer that too, as it would ensure more Playset content being developed and maybe more polish being added to the experience but they can't really let Skylanders, Amiibo and Lego Dimensions have the holiday to themselves. If they let that happen, then less people might consider picking up a Infinity 4.0.

But, I could see them hold off with a new version for a year too, and just have the extra content (Playsets, characters, ect) be added to the core game through updates; ensuring that the developers are working with the title they worked in before and thus producing content faster.

curb

Banned
I would prefer that too, as it would ensure more Playset content being developed and maybe more polish being added to the experience but they can't really let Skylanders, Amiibo and Lego Dimensions have the holiday to themselves. If they let that happen, then less people might consider picking up a Infinity 4.0.

But, I could see them hold off with a new version for a year too, and just have the extra content (Playsets, characters, ect) be added to the core game through updates; ensuring that the developers are working with the title they worked in before and thus producing content faster.

I'm sure there's too much at stake in the holiday season seeing as they're kids and family. It would be nice if they did new 3.0 Starter Packs for the 2016 holiday season at least. If it wasn't for Christmas, I'm sure they could let Skylanders and Lego Dimensions fight it out and then release in a less packed time.

WatTsu

Thoughts on Rise Against the Empire?

It's a really cute "greatest hits" of the OT. Some clever mission ideas and it has all the fun fan service stuff you might expect, though (so far, I'm only at the Death Star trench run) it's a lot of platforming and fetch-questing without a ton of combat. Glad I sprung for the Saga bundle to get it, overall.

fernoca

She does, but is not really different. If anything, she looks
more casual with nothing red, just a green jacket and black undershirt/pants
...at least on the leaked images.

curb

Banned

I'm sure that's different enough for Marvel to want to save that reveal as part of a PR plan.

MrBlonde

I've been playing the Toy Box Speedway since yesterday and while it feels really good... is it just me, or is it really hard?? I'm doing the Grand Prix on 50cc, and despite racing nearly flawlessly, I'm only able to just eek out a first place finish. I figured it would be like MarioKart and 50cc meant you were practically lapping the guy in last place. I've also noticed that the AI seem to be very aggressive. They're not afraid to slam into you and knock you off the road constantly.

Anyone else enjoying the difficulty in the Speedway?

well this doesn't make me happy, ill be playing this with my 4yr old and would think 50cc would be easy for him.

Gorki247

That's her civilian outfit though and not her superhero one.

Mugiwara

Neo Member
Tempted to get one of the playsets for $25 but I'm afraid they'll get even cheaper (like on Black Friday). I wasn't paying attention to BF sales for 2.0 last year. Did the sets get discounted down to like $15-20 at all? If not, I may just go ahead and jump at $25

MAtgS

Hero Destroyer in Takeover is buggy as fuck (XB1 version). After so many repeats of bosses I already fought (3 Vaders in a row? -_-) I finally encounter the last remaining boss, Ronan, & a damn glitch made him invincible no matter which characters I switch to. Sigh, gonna take me hours for the RNG to cough him up again.

Boem

I'm sure this has been asked and answered here before, but I looked around online and couldn't find anything: I never played these games before and I'm not sure how this works, but what's the deal with the PC version? Is it out yet/is there a release date?

From what I understand from previous versions you downloaded a free version and you had to buy the figurines/playsets as DLC - which would be perfect for me as I don't really want the physical figures. Are the playsets/figures also cheaper that way?

Sorry if all this is answered somewhere, but I couldn't really find any info on this.

TheYanger

I'm sure this has been asked and answered here before, but I looked around online and couldn't find anything: I never played these games before and I'm not sure how this works, but what's the deal with the PC version? Is it out yet/is there a release date?

From what I understand from previous versions you downloaded a free version and you had to buy the figurines/playsets as DLC - which would be perfect for me as I don't really want the physical figures. Are the playsets/figures also cheaper that way?

Sorry if all this is answered somewhere, but I couldn't really find any info on this.

Correct, PC 3.0 isn't out yet, 2.0 lagged behind a couple months as well. Downsides - no figures (You can still buy them and you get codes in the boxes to unlock them, you can buy the codes cheaply on ebay and stuff too from folks), no ability to take your figures to play with friends, etc.

Upside - cheaper.

nubbe

PC also has 60FPS and 1440p

If you purchase a Disney Infinity Character on a digital platform, that Character is only available for use on that specific platform.

If you purchased physical Disney Infinity Figures or Play Sets, you can use the included web code to redeem the digital versions on your PC, iPhone, or iPad.

curb

Banned
The DI Twitter just posted that they'll be announcing something regarding the PC version on their Twitch stream within the next hour. Hopefully it will be the release date.

Edit: PC version coming out October 29th.

curb

Banned
I finally got around to finishing up the main portion of Toy Box Takeover last night. That was pretty good. I picked up Speedway this morning and played a few races. I'm decent at kart games but I think 50cc will be tough enough for me.

A lot of figures are $10 ($8 w/GCU) at Best Buy today! This INCLUDES the 3.0 figures.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/save-on-disney-infinity-characters-146776?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0

Awesome, definitely picking up Han & Chewie now.

wow. I am surprised they are discounting 3.0 already o_O;

Best Buy had 3.0 figures Buy 3, Get 1 Free at launch ($8.40 each after GCU), then in September they had a promo of Buy 2, Get $5 off ($9.20 each after GCU) when the store exclusive figures saw wide release. There's really no reason to ever pay full price for Infinity figures, they're on sale quite often.

Christopher

Yeah shoul I be holding off on getting figures as wel I bought a whole bunch usually on buy 2 for 20 I need:

Vadar
Hulk buster
Ultron
Ezra
Maul
Han
Chewbacca
Purple Star Wars guy

I figured I get two every paycheck but if you guys say they get cheaper than 10 dollars :0

WatTsu

Do we know if that Best Buy sale is today only? I don't see it in their weekly ad so I don't know if it's an all-week thing or not.

Top Bottom