• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

Need some 2.0 characters?

Huge sale right now on bestbuy.com

4.99 - 5.99 on most figures. If you buy 2 or more, the order gets $5 off so you can get two figures for roughly $6.11 shipped (california tax, so it will vary) -- this assumes you have GCU discount.

free shipping on all of them too. So you can try to make a bunch of two figure orders and since it's free shipping on everything this will maximize the discount the most. don't blame me if they cancel anything though.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/s...ng-figures-148276?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0

Holy cow, those are cheap. Kinda wish I didn't have all of them already.

MrBlonde

Toy box speedway is a huge disappointment. The difficulty is crazy. This is a kids game so I am not sure what they were thinking with this? My kids are frustrated with it and come in 5th and 6th place every single time and I am descent at kart racers and can't even win. Even on 50cc it's crazy hard, they need to patch this and I know I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Christopher

Toy box speedway is a huge disappointment. The difficulty is crazy. This is a kids game so I am not sure what they were thinking with this? My kids are frustrated with it and come in 5th and 6th place every single time and I am descent at kart racers and can't even win. Even on 50cc it's crazy hard, they need to patch this and I know I'm not the only one that feels this way.

I feel exactly the same way wtf as a kids game why is it crazy fucking hard

MrBlonde

I feel exactly the same way wtf as a kids game why is it crazy fucking hard
Not sure what they were thinking and whoever tested the game should be fired. One little fuck up and the ai is gone and u can't catch up. I was able to a couple times but still couldn't finish in first and I had to pretty much non stop boost the whole freaking race, sorry but my 11yr old and 4yr old are not capable of boosting non stop and just want to drive and have a chance, save the crazy difficulty for the 150cc if u want but not 50cc, so fucking stupid. I won't touch this again unless it gets patched!

http://m.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=21427896

Ton of figures ranging from $3 to $5. I'm not sure if that is normal for Disney infinity figures, but this and the best buy deal got me to jump in for some of my favorite characters (even though I don't own the game).

Saw this in store. Sale is today only. 3.0s are $9, 2.0s are $5, and 1.0s are $3. I never bothered to pick up the TRU exclusive crystal 1.0s, but I just did because they were so cheap. Still not sure that I actually want them, though...

fenners

Need some 2.0 characters?

Huge sale right now on bestbuy.com

4.99 - 5.99 on most figures. If you buy 2 or more, the order gets $5 off so you can get two figures for roughly $6.11 shipped (california tax, so it will vary) -- this assumes you have GCU discount.

free shipping on all of them too. So you can try to make a bunch of two figure orders and since it's free shipping on everything this will maximize the discount the most. don't blame me if they cancel anything though.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/s...ng-figures-148276?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0

Ta for the tip - great stocking stuffers for our kids.

Saw this in store. Sale is today only. 3.0s are $9, 2.0s are $5, and 1.0s are $3. I never bothered to pick up the TRU exclusive crystal 1.0s, but I just did because they were so cheap. Still not sure that I actually want them, though...

Worth it for me just to see their display in the Hall of Heroes for me! :)

Christopher

Not sure what they were thinking and whoever tested the game should be fired. One little fuck up and the ai is gone and u can't catch up. I was able to a couple times but still couldn't finish in first and I had to pretty much non stop boost the whole freaking race, sorry but my 11yr old and 4yr old are not capable of boosting non stop and just want to drive and have a chance, save the crazy difficulty for the 150cc if u want but not 50cc, so fucking stupid. I won't touch this again unless it gets patched!

How do we get the word out?

I had two friends play this and get frustrated as well...it actually has great potential to be awesome but that difficulty is out of control ...

jwk94

How were Disney allowed to package Quorra (and I assume Sam) as 3.0 when they're clearly 2.0 characters? Isn't that false advertising? I bought her assuming I'd have the 3.0 moves but nope, she's got 2.0 crap. I still like her, but i'm kinda pissed.

jwk94

What exactly are you doing? I think it's pretty easy, but the mode sucks due to lack of content.

EDIT:
And double post. Sorry about that.

How were Disney allowed to package Quorra (and I assume Sam) as 3.0 when they're clearly 2.0 characters? Isn't that false advertising? I bought her assuming I'd have the 3.0 moves but nope, she's got 2.0 crap. I still like her, but i'm kinda pissed.

They're 3.0 characters because they were released as part of the 3.0 lineup. They had no 2.0 release (except the digital-only one).

They need to clarify that on the box, then.

I dunno, I mean, the Inside Out characters don't have the crazy jedi combo stuff either and they're still 3.0.

It's not a character design standard or anything like that, it's just a 'these are the new ones' sort of branding.

Stanng243

December 1st is going to be expensive for me, getting all those light fx characters. I've held off getting the core versions to cut down on the costs.

I'm hoping one of those is performance problems on Xbox One.

I played this on the Wii U when I tried it, which has the game on par with the PS3 and Xbox360 versions of the game..iffy framerates and such. I wish I got to play it on something like an Xbox One or PS4, I feel like it would be way better there.

curb

Banned
They talked about improving load times on one of their recent streams so hopefully there's lots of overall performance improvements.

I played this on the Wii U when I tried it, which has the game on par with the PS3 and Xbox360 versions of the game..iffy framerates and such. I wish I got to play it on something like an Xbox One or PS4, I feel like it would be way better there.

2.0 had unresolved framerate issues on the PS4. 3.0 has been worse for me on the Xbox One than 2.0 was on the PS4, but I don't know how 3.0 runs on the PS4. I wouldn't have bothered switching consoles if my kid didn't have small hands that require the PowerA third-party Xbox One mini controller. Hope they can get it cleaned up a bit.

Hopefully those improvements do come in and they actually have a good impact. They're making good advancements with each version of the game, I just feel like there's still more to work on.

Played some kart racing with my little sister. It feels really good and the tracks look great. She loved that the Sugar Rush one copied a lot of the layout of the track from the movie, but was disappointed that the Frozen track didn't have Elsa's ice castle in it.

But she came in last place every single race on the easiest difficulty. I came in second to last on a few of them and then in first place only twice out of the six or so races we did.

The racing has a very Sega All Stars feel to it (made by the same guys so thats expected) where you need to be drifting and boosting as much as possible to stay competitive. But I didn't see any random weapon powerups on the tracks so I guess it's not quite as Mario Karty as I expected? That's not a bad thing though.

It would be nice if there were a lower difficulty available for younger or less skilled players. There needs to be like a sub-50cc 'for fun' mode where the AI are all just super dumb and race poorly. Also I didn't see a way to race without AI opponents? And is there a way to race online (like with 4 or more human players)?

For the $15 I paid for it I'm definitely happy with it, but it could use some work.

jwk94

What are you guys doing in these races? Are you drifting and boosting a lot? Can someone upload their footage?

Played some kart racing with my little sister. It feels really good and the tracks look great. She loved that the Sugar Rush one copied a lot of the layout of the track from the movie, but was disappointed that the Frozen track didn't have Elsa's ice castle in it.

But she came in last place every single race on the easiest difficulty. I came in second to last on a few of them and then in first place only twice out of the six or so races we did.

The racing has a very Sega All Stars feel to it (made by the same guys so thats expected) where you need to be drifting and boosting as much as possible to stay competitive. But I didn't see any random weapon powerups on the tracks so I guess it's not quite as Mario Karty as I expected? That's not a bad thing though.

It would be nice if there were a lower difficulty available for younger or less skilled players. There needs to be like a sub-50cc 'for fun' mode where the AI are all just super dumb and race poorly. Also I didn't see a way to race without AI opponents? And is there a way to race online (like with 4 or more human players)?

For the $15 I paid for it I'm definitely happy with it, but it could use some work.
This post is an insult to Transformed, the best kart racing game available. Seriously though, besides the constant need for boosting, I think this is dirt compared to Transformed. I really want a PS4 remaster =/

Christopher

In Mario kart I never knew what the fuck a drift was unt only a few years ago and I would still come in first the AI in this kart racing is ridiculous and unfair.

fernoca

Yep. Got Speedway day one and the difficulty of it not only put me off it, but the aggresive AI too. You can manage, but the CPU players just slam you the moment they're close by.

It is still a good side game, but it needed some more work and balance.

I find Speedway to be fine for me at 50cc but it's way too hard for a kids and family game.

yeah same. once i got the hang of how the AI is playing it and how frequently you can build boost i'm doing okay, but this is not forgiving enough for kids to have any fun with it.

the 50cc difficulty is like what i'd expect to be the medium or hard difficulty to play like, in terms of AI behavior and how hard it is to keep up. my 9 year old sister is not having fun at all coming in last all the time and occasionally being lapped by the AI. and she's not terrible, she just doesn't know when to drift or boost for optimal racing, which shouldn't be a requirement for the easiest difficulty.

Hey Disney Infinity Fans! You guys have been asking for more information on the Disney Infinity 3.0 November update. Below are some of the big improvements and additional features that will be available once you download the new update.

New Improvements:
• Improved matchmaking multiplayer for Flynn’s Arcade.
• Improved connection, sync, and stability in network Toy Box multiplayer.
• Updated Text Toy functionality for overseas locations.
• Fixed issues on Toy Box Hub unintentionally resetting.
• Achievement “Born Adventurer” can now be unlocked.
• Improved mechanics and stability for Toy Box farming.
• Fixed issues with crashing when replaying the Slippery as a Greased Dug mission in the Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Play Set.
• Player no longer falls through floors inside INteriors.

New Features:
• Brand new bosses included with the Boss Battle Toy.
• More townspeople and critters added to the Friend Generator.
• Path Connection added to Rail Target to make a moving target.
• “Hide” property added to the Start Plate in the Toy Box.

We can’t thank you enough for all of your feedback and support for Disney Infinity 3.0. Let us know what you think in the comments below!

-Disney Infinity Team

There we go. =)

I want to see how improved matchmaking is.

There are two features (fixes?) I was hoping to see...

1) You need to be able to assign tools and packs to the quick wheel and have them save between load screens. Further to that it the slots should stay they way you want them when you save/quit and restart later.

2) This is as OCD as you can get but the Hall of Heroes, specifically the Disney one, has the worst layout for the Power Discs. I took screenshots and had this grand plan to detail how stupid and random the order of them is but I risk looking like a total goof for caring about this much. All I know is when you have every 1.0 and 2.0 power disc and you see them sticking to the walls in the Hall of Heroes and for some reason the two Mulan enviroment discs are not next to each other (among a dozen other weird placement choices) you will go as crazy as I do!

The discs got revealed. The two cool ones are
Finn's Stormtrooper outfit and Poe's jacket
. I'm really glad we got the first one, the second is kind of eh but not bad I guess. Honestly I was kind of hoping for an 'Old Han' costume for Han Solo. Maybe in 4.0.

Anyone got the full list of boss battles that the Boss Battle toy thing has in it now?

Also, how do you use it? I can't find it. I just want to throw some bosses into the world and mess around with them.

The previous playsets were all on disc, right? Will Force Awakens and Marvel Battlegrounds require an update like how Lego Dimensions is doing it?

RK128

The previous playsets were all on disc, right? Will Force Awakens and Marvel Battlegrounds require an update like how Lego Dimensions is doing it?

It might be likely, considering how the characters linked to that content isn't in the the Hall of Heroes.

Still, the assets are likely in the final game, but the complete assets will be come with a new update before the release of the Ep. VII and Marvel Playsets.

I do wonder if we are getting any other playsets after those two, as we still have more Disney/Pixar Characters coming. Maybe one that ties with the Live Action Jungle Book film?

Rootbeer

Banned
More were online but sold out.

I don't care for the Crystal ones so I skipped, cause I'd have to pay shipping. Great deal though

It might be likely, considering how the characters linked to that content isn't in the the Hall of Heroes.

Still, the assets are likely in the final game, but the complete assets will be come with a new update before the release of the Ep. VII and Marvel Playsets.

I do wonder if we are getting any other playsets after those two, as we still have more Disney/Pixar Characters coming. Maybe one that ties with the Live Action Jungle Book film?

It seems likely that there's going to be a major update to the game that adds the new SW set and probably a few figures they're planning on releasing later on (like Peter Pan and whoever they pull from the Fan Poll). I think it's possible we see a new set for Jungle Book or maybe Alice in Wonderland since there's new live action movies coming out for both of those. But if they decide to do that, we're probably not going to find out about it for a while.

Personally I'd really like to see another Toy Box Expansion game, maybe one based more around platforming and puzzle solving to complete the trifecta of DI content types (combat, racing, platforming) where every character can be part of it. But that's probably unlikely since the Inside Out set is kind of covering that.

Top Bottom