• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

RK128

It seems likely that there's going to be a major update to the game that adds the new SW set and probably a few figures they're planning on releasing later on (like Peter Pan and whoever they pull from the Fan Poll). I think it's possible we see a new set for Jungle Book or maybe Alice in Wonderland since there's new live action movies coming out for both of those. But if they decide to do that, we're probably not going to find out about it for a while.

Personally I'd really like to see another Toy Box Expansion game, maybe one based more around platforming and puzzle solving to complete the trifecta of DI content types (combat, racing, platforming) where every character can be part of it. But that's probably unlikely since the Inside Out set is kind of covering that.

I agree with you; if we are getting more playsets, they will be based off of Disney Live-Action films.

I also agree that we should get another Toy Box Expansion, with it spanning levels across all the four branches (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars). It could have 20-30 levels each based off an IP:

-Mickey & Friends (Old-School Steamboat Willy Level)
-Frozen (Elza's Ice Castle)
-Tangled
-Gravity Falls (A lot could be pulled from this)
-Phinas and Ferb
-Aladdin
-Nightmare Before Christmas
-Tron Legacy
-Toy Story
-Monsters Inc.
-Incredibles
-Inside Out
-Brave
-WALL-E
-Up
-Bugs Life
-Spider-Man
-Avengers Adventure (3-5 Levels)
-Guardians of the Galaxy (2-3 Levels)
-SW Clone Wars (3 Levels)
-SW Original Trilogy (3 Levels)
-Episode VII (2 Levels)

Seems like a lot to pull some great levels from. Plus the fact that they could use assets from the Toy Box/Playsets.

LaNaranja

Where is the Hercules figure?

Also I have been trying to get the damn trophy for playing 10 arcade games online for way too long now. No one is playing these games. I have played five matches so far with the time between games ranging from 10 to 45 minutes. I have just been on my computer while the game runs in the background looking for other players. I can only assume the other people that wait these insane times are also trying to get the trophy like me.

Gamestop's "Buy 2 Get 3 Free" deal for used Infinity/Skylanders/Amiibo figures is back through the weekend. 20th through 22nd. That's buy TWO get THREE. It's a very good deal if you're looking to pick up some cheap 1.0 or 2.0 figures. Sometimes even 3.0 ones if you're lucky.

They're also doing B2G1 with all 3.0 figures, and all 2.0 figures are being discounted to $5.99 each. Avengers and GotG playsets are down to $14.99 which is a pretty good price if you don't have those figures, even if you don't own 2.0. There's a few other sales in there too but it's smaller discounts.

Seems like a good time to get stuff.

So I wanna start getting into toy box building since it seems pretty cool without being so complex to do that my brain will melt. Is it best to just jump in and make a thing? Or is there some good YouTube tutorial stuff I should check out first?

Also, is there somewhere I can buy specific power discs? I really want Darkwing Duck's motorcycle but I don't want to buy a dozen boosters or whatever.

So I wanna start getting into toy box building since it seems pretty cool without being so complex to do that my brain will melt. Is it best to just jump in and make a thing? Or is there some good YouTube tutorial stuff I should check out first?

Also, is there somewhere I can buy specific power discs? I really want Darkwing Duck's motorcycle but I don't want to buy a dozen boosters or whatever.

Your best bet is probably ebay for specific discs. There are sellers on there where you can put a list together of whatever discs you want and they will make a listing with just those for a fair price (or so they claim). I haven't tried it yet myself, but I plan on putting a list together and going for it.

Looking for some advice- we are going to get 3.0 for my daughters for Christmas. They have 1.0 and 2.0 on the 360. They also have a Wii U.

Which version would be better- Wii U or Xbox 360? And if we go Wii U, is everything from 1.0 and 2.0 from 360 still compatible?

The figures are compatible with any version of the game but the 360 has its own Infinity base that only works on that console. The Wii U, PS4 and PS3 Infinity boards work on any of those three consoles. Have a look at some gameplay footage to see of the Wii U version is worth buying. The starter packs have been on sale recently so I don't think that it costs much more to get the Wii U pack instead of just getting the software and play set for the 360.

The figures are compatible with any version of the game but the 360 has its own Infinity base that only works on that console. The Wii U, PS4 and PS3 Infinity boards work on any of those three consoles. Have a look at some gameplay footage to see of the Wii U version is worth buying. The starter packs have been on sale recently so I don't think that it costs much more to get the Wii U pack instead of just getting the software and play set for the 360.

Thanks!

Force Awakens set looks rad but I wish there were more than 4 characters that made sense as playable in it(Finn, Rey, Poe, maybe Chewie?). Really wish they would make that older Han a costume disc or something.

But I want older Obi Wan too and that ain't happening either so I guess I can just pretend!

Really curious what figures are left to announce for 3.0 as a whole though, other than the Marvel leak.

Just bought the 3.0 Starter set online because the deal seemed right. As a disney infinity newbie I'm looking at everything and am straight-up overwhelmed! I feel like I'm so behind

RK128

Force Awakens set looks rad but I wish there were more than 4 characters that made sense as playable in it(Finn, Rey, Poe, maybe Chewie?). Really wish they would make that older Han a costume disc or something.

But I want older Obi Wan too and that ain't happening either so I guess I can just pretend!

Really curious what figures are left to announce for 3.0 as a whole though, other than the Marvel leak.

I guess we are likely to get another reprint of a Marvel 2.0 character (I'm betting MCU Spider Man) and the final batch of Star Wars characters (Villians from Clone Wars and Rebels).

With Disney, characters linked to upcoming projects (Live-Action Jungle Book and Alice in Wonder Land Sequel), a few fan-requests (Darkwing, Dipper, Mable) and characters of older Disney films (Belle & Beast to hint at the live-action Beauty and the Beast).

The other Pixar Characters I'm unsure about, but maybe more Cars characters (for Raceway) and other surprises (characters from Up, WALL-E, Rattotue, ect).

The flight controls (in some toy box stuff at least) are so very bad, even more awkward than the Lego games. Man.

Aside from that, enjoying the Star Wars playsets so far. Toy Box still seems like it needs a few more passes until it really comes into its own, but it's certainly way better than it was with 1.0.

The flight controls (in some toy box stuff at least) are so very bad, even more awkward than the Lego games. Man.

Aside from that, enjoying the Star Wars playsets so far. Toy Box still seems like it needs a few more passes until it really comes into its own, but it's certainly way better than it was with 1.0.

It's really a shame that the ground vehicle controls are so good now while the flying ones still need the same sort of revamp. I thought I'd get better at controlling the air stuff over time but it's just... weird. Like flying through greasy water or something. Nothing ever feels right.

Probably my one major complaint with the game at this point.

Just bought the 3.0 Starter set online because the deal seemed right. As a disney infinity newbie I'm looking at everything and am straight-up overwhelmed! I feel like I'm so behind

Yep I'm feeling the same way. There's so much to do.. And I can see myself spending a lot of money collecting the different characters.
I plan on getting Mulan and the Inside Out play set next. I'm hoping for some good Cyber Monday sales

Im in the same boat. Snagged the Star Wars starter pack for a decent price as an impulse buy now I don't know what to do haha. It's so... vast.

So, for veterans, is a good way to go about it just picking up characters you like and play sets for content? What's the deal with the toy box expansion things I see like toy box takeover? Is their content similar to playsets? What's the difference?

Also, this is more just out of curiosity, any favorite characters and why? Love hearing that kind of stuff

So I decided to go ahead and pick this up on Black Friday! Here is my haul. Got all of this for just a bit over 100 bucks.

9zyDSQb.jpg

So, for veterans, is a good way to go about it just picking up characters you like and play sets for content? What's the deal with the toy box expansion things I see like toy box takeover? Is their content similar to playsets? What's the difference?

Also, this is more just out of curiosity, any favorite characters and why? Love hearing that kind of stuff
The play sets are probably the best thing to buy in terms of gameplay. They give you a story mode that you can play though, as well as unlockables for the creation aspect of Infinity. You'll need an Infinity board if you're playing on console so it's worth getting a starter set at first as you get the game, the Twilight of the Republic play set and an Infinity board for a good price. If you play on PC, like I do, you'll be able to redeem the web codes that come with each play set/figure/expansion piece to unlock the content.

Once you've got a playset, you can add compatible characters after finding their icons in the game. For example, you can play the Twilight of the Republic play set levels with any Star Wars character but only Anakin and Ahsoka are available at the start. When you find a character icon, you can use that character in your game, as long as you have the figure. For example, after I found the Darth Vader icon, I could play as Darth Vader in that campaign. I don't think that you can mix franchises in the campaign so you won't be able to play as Mulan in the Star Wars campaign.

The expansion items are extra gameplay modes that are different to the ones in the main campaign. Toy Box Takeover is a dungeon crawler while Toy Box Speedway is an arcade racer like Mario Kart. I haven't spent much time with these two, I only own Takeover, but it's there if you fancy a change.

I'd start with the starter set as I feel that the Twilight of the Republic campaign is better overall than the Rise of the Empire one. You'll be able to get a good amount of gameplay with just that, especially as it's on sale for Black Friday in most places. From there, you can add characters that you want to play with but bear in mind what I said about using them in the campaign.

My favourite characters in the game are Darth Vader and Darth Maul because they have cool force powers that you can use in combos. Yoda has potential but I spent more time with Vader and Maul, because I always liked them from the films, so I didn't unlock a lot of his abilities but I can see him being fun. I'm trying to track down a Venom web code, or I might just get the figure, so that I can play as him in the PC version of 2.0. He was always one of my favourites in Spider-Man.

Don't be afraid to increase the difficulty if you find it to easy. I completed the Republic campaign, and I'm playing the Empire one, on the extreme difficulty level. It can get really tough but I enjoy how well Star Wars has been recreated in Infinity that I didn't mind replaying some bits over and over. Hard mode is probably the best middle ground for experienced players.

Characters are just for whoever you'd like to play, as with play sets. Play sets do unlock toys for toy box mode though. Toy box expansions are developer made toy box modes that are compatible with any character and also have 4 player online Co op.

broz0rs

Hi all, first time posting here. I also purchased the 3.0 starter kit from a Black Friday deal. There was also one remaining Marvel Avengers 2.0 play set with Iron Man and Black Widow for $10 so I got it as well. I haven't opened it yet, but I'm going to assume the play set won't work with the 3.0 disc? Will the Avengers play set work if I just acquire a 2.0 disc? I'm aware I can still use the figurines for the Toy Box mode. thanks for your time and I've enjoyed reading the posts here.

Hi all, first time posting here. I also purchased the 3.0 starter kit from a Black Friday deal. There was also one remaining Marvel Avengers 2.0 play set with Iron Man and Black Widow for $10 so I got it as well. I haven't opened it yet, but I'm going to assume the play set won't work with the 3.0 disc? Will the Avengers play set work if I just acquire a 2.0 disc? I'm aware I can still use the figurines for the Toy Box mode. thanks for your time and I've enjoyed reading the posts here.

Your assumptions are correct. You could also just buy 2.0 digitally on the platform you own 3.0 on.

I'm confused. I just beat
darth maul
. Was that it? Did I just beat the game?

You beat the included playset, but there's a lot more to the game than that one playset. Check out the toybox hub and the stuff you can do there, check out featured toyboxes, and you can potentially pick up more playsets (Inside Out, SW Original Trilogy, soon Marvel Battlegrounds and The Force Awakens too) or Toy Box Expansions (Toy Box Takeover and Toy Box Speedway).

There's tons of stuff to do but some of it does cost money and some of it may or may not be your style of game. I love Takeover but it's kind of a clumsy Diablo clone so it's not up everyone's alley. The big thing is that Takeover and Speedway let you play as anyone, which I find there's not enough content that lets you do.

One other thing is if you use the 2.0 playset piece with 3.0, it will unlock all the extra stuff that you would have unlocked by playing the playset in 2.0. As in vehicles, NPCs, building pieces, etc. Handy to give you some fun stuff to mess around with in the toybox.

Oh man, looks like an easy platinum but I'm already dreading that 10 arcade game trophy. Looks like you have to connect with 3 other people trying to play the same game. I wonder if anybody even does it. Will post back my findings soon

Oh man, looks like an easy platinum but I'm already dreading that 10 arcade game trophy. Looks like you have to connect with 3 other people trying to play the same game. I wonder if anybody even does it. Will post back my findings soon
I got my 100 point achievement for joining 1 game yesterday. Took about 10 minutes

How is Rise Against the Empire?

I'm @ Target and debating on whether or not to get it.
It gets kind of tiring because of the fetch quests but still you'll enjoy it if you like the movies because there are some great levels. I'm a huge fan of the original trilogy and don't really like the prequels but I'd still recommend playing the Twilight of the Republic play set first, especially if you enjoy the Clone Wars cartoon.

It gets kind of tiring because of the fetch quests but still you'll enjoy it if you like the movies because there are some great levels. I'm a huge fan of the original trilogy and don't really like the prequels but I'd still recommend playing the Twilight of the Republic play set first, especially if you enjoy the Clone Wars cartoon.

Alrighty so it is worth a buy?

Also, is WiiU performance any good?

UltraJay

So I own the figures and everything on Wii U but wanted to try out the 3.0 Steam version to try it out with the codes you get. I had tried out the PC version for 2.0 previously and me and my wife split our codes of the characters we wanted to play on the PC version. I start up 3.0 on Steam and link my Disney account... and I don't have access to the codes I activated? I can understand not being able to play the Avengers playset on 3.0 but why don't I have Ironman in 3.0 Steam? I'm downloading 3.0's non-Steam version but it kinda sucks if they decided to separate PC into platforms like that as I have already used the codes! I wanted to play the Steam version but I may keep it for just the 3.0 stuff, but this is ridiculous.

UltraJay

The PC performance is top-tier but if you've played the 2.0 PC version all your figures are on the non-Steam version. This sucks as I now feel tied to a this other version. I have no idea why they aren't just the same version. I wanted to play on Steam! Guess I'll stick with the Wii U base and everything.

How is Xbox One performance? On the Wii U, the gamepad implementation feels wrong and you can't play two-player with one on Gamepad and the other on the TV like the Lego games. Can I use my Wii U base on the Xbox One? Or is it locked like the 360 one (I do have a 360 base).

The PC performance is top-tier but if you've played the 2.0 PC version all your figures are on the non-Steam version. This sucks as I now feel tied to a this other version. I have no idea why they aren't just the same version. I wanted to play on Steam! Guess I'll stick with the Wii U base and everything.

How is Xbox One performance? On the Wii U, the gamepad implementation feels wrong and you can't play two-player with one on Gamepad and the other on the TV like the Lego games. Can I use my Wii U base on the Xbox One? Or is it locked like the 360 one (I do have a 360 base).

The bases are split like this:

- Wii U/Wii/PS3/PS4 all use the same one

- 360 has it's own

- Xbox One has it's own

So going from Wii U to One you would need a new base yes.

fenners

We're new to Disney Infinity this year & picked up a dirt cheap Marvel 2.0 set & Star Wars 3.0 set (both for the 360).

Is there any difference between the 2.0 & 3.0 bases? Meaning, will the Marvel 2.0 game disc work with the base that comes with 3.0, or will we need to unplug/swap bases between games?

fernoca

Anybody picked up the Light FX figures today? I can't find any reviews online, and I want to know how good the light up effect is.
Want Luke and Vader but those are out apparently next week...or at least according to the sites. Guess one of those "will release when we get them".

Want Luke and Vader but those are out apparently next week...or at least according to the sites. Guess one of those "will release when we get them".

I'm already seeing "Low Stock" for Obi-Wan at several GameStops near me. Either they didn't get full shipments in, or these things really are limited, at least to some extent.

EDIT:

Oh, and FYI, the $5 off when buying two DI figures at Best Buy works on Light FX Anakin as well, so that helps a lot, given everyone already has one from the starter set.

Top Bottom