• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

Christopher

I didn't find the OT play set to be too bad but I also played it in short sessions over a longer span of time. The tasks can definitely get repetitive though. The nostalgia balanced it out for me. Oh, and the ship levels are great. It has a lot of good points to me.

Edit: just got my shipping notification from Amazon for my Hulkbuster and Maul. Should be here tomorrow. I don't even want to play as Hulkbuster but that figure just looks so great.

I saw it in Walmart it's a pretty decent sized figure!

Otheradam

The clone wars set seemed like it was way short compared to the OT set. I played the OT set first. The OT set does have a lot more fetch quests. Maybe that's why it seemed longer to me.

curb

Banned
The clone wars set seemed like it was way short compared to the OT set. I played the OT set first. The OT set does have a lot more fetch quests. Maybe that's why it seemed longer to me.

The OT set is really padded out by the busywork. I like the Clone Wars set because it's a more directed and plot-driven (even though the plot is thin). If you could just play the actual plot missions in the OT set, it would be very short. There's definitely pros and cons to both those sets though.

It really makes me curious about what the Force Awakens set will be like.

Sh0k

FYI, next week's Best Buy ad has $5 off when you buy 2 Infinity characters, and Hulkbuster, Ultron, & Darth Maul all release on Tuesday.

I'll probably pick up Hulkbuster and Darth Maul myself. They'll come out to about $9.20 a piece after GCU.

Is this sale going on at Best Buy this week? I can't find it in my local WeeklyAd

Is this sale going on at Best Buy this week? I can't find it in my local WeeklyAd

Don't see it in my ad either, but it was reported on CAG last week when the ad leaked. Might work in store, hard to say.

EDIT: People on CAG are saying that the $5 off two figures is working on all but the new ones. So you may need to ask to have it price adjusted, if they'll do that for you.

They'll only price adjust it if you have a printed ad to show them or if the website is showing the discount. It might be specifically excluding new figures too.

Anyone have a link to the ad or something? I haven't seen it yet.

Sh0k

Don't see it in my ad either, but it was reported on CAG last week when the ad leaked. Might work in store, hard to say.

EDIT: People on CAG are saying that the $5 off two figures is working on all but the new ones. So you may need to ask to have it price adjusted, if they'll do that for you.

Thanks for the info, let me see if I can go to the store later on today. Interested in picking up Darth Maul and Hulkbuster, I have an extra $5. certificate to bring the price even lower.

They'll only price adjust it if you have a printed ad to show them or if the website is showing the discount. It might be specifically excluding new figures too.

They usually print up little sale signs to put on the pegs. If those say save $5 when purchasing two Disney Infinity figures, you should be able to get them to honor it.

Hey, everyone. I tried picking up Disney Infinity on the WiiU about a month ago. It looked fun and I was really excited to get it. After putting it in and playing around with community levels and the hub world for a while, I just really wasn't feeling it. The concept and characters still look awesome to me, but it felt like the game was so choppy and slow compared to what I was hoping it would be. Maybe it's just because of high expectations, but I also heard that the game runs much better on PS4 and Xbone.

I'm curious as to what it is that keeps your interest in this game. Is it all the community levels, do you actually like building the levels yourselves, is it specifically the play sets? It was pretty cool to run around as Stitch in different worlds for a little bit, but I felt like the lasting appeal would eventually fade for me and I returned the game.

curb

Banned
Hey, everyone. I tried picking up Disney Infinity on the WiiU about a month ago. It looked fun and I was really excited to get it. After putting it in and playing around with community levels and the hub world for a while, I just really wasn't feeling it. The concept and characters still look awesome to me, but it felt like the game was so choppy and slow compared to what I was hoping it would be. Maybe it's just because of high expectations, but I also heard that the game runs much better on PS4 and Xbone.

I'm curious as to what it is that keeps your interest in this game. Is it all the community levels, do you actually like building the levels yourselves, is it specifically the play sets? It was pretty cool to run around as Stitch in different worlds for a little bit, but I felt like the lasting appeal would eventually fade for me and I returned the game.

For me, some of it is the community content. There are some really good levels out there - especially ones relating to my Star Wars interests. Outside of that, my rabid adoration of Clone Wars keeps me coming back to the Twilight set. It's easily the best game to use that TCW time and characters.

For me, it's a good family friendly game that we can keep expanding in fun ways. Getting new playsets and figures, downloading new community content, or building stuff to play around in.

If it were just me playing on my own I think I'd get bored with it. But playing with my little sister makes it a nice experience we can share, where a bunch of stuff we like is mashed together in fun ways.

The yearly releases supporting all old figures also keeps it pretty fresh.

Personally I think Lego Dimensions is the better game overall, but there's an appeal to Infinity's endless user content and larger character library.

MrMephistoX

For me, some of it is the community content. There are some really good levels out there - especially ones relating to my Star Wars interests. Outside of that, my rabid adoration of Clone Wars keeps me coming back to the Twilight set. It's easily the best game to use that TCW time and characters.

For me it's best for young gamers or gamers like myself who now have kids. My toddler thinks the Inside Out Play list is hilarious and I've found it to be much more educational than just plopping her in front of the tv when I need to cook dinner or something. We've turned it into a counting and color game: even fetch quests in Star Wars.

Clone Wars is just a great game in general even if you don't have kids.

curb

Banned
For me it's best for young gamers or gamers like myself who now have kids. My toddler thinks the Inside Out Play list is hilarious and I've found it to be much more educational than just plopping her in front of the tv when I need to cook dinner or something. We've turned it into a counting and color game: even fetch quests in Star Wars.

Clone Wars is just a great game in general even if you don't have kids.

I agree. My daughter enjoys watching me play "Ahsoka". It helps that the Star Wars characters - lightsaber users in particular - play really well.

Sh0k

Just checked my shopping cart at BestBuy.com and each figure is now priced at $9.19 each (20% GCU and an extra $2.00 discount); this is for Darth Maul and Hulkbuster. Is not applying the $5. off, only $4., but for one dollar, I can avoid the hustle of dealing with customer service so I went ahead and place the order for store pickup.

Just checked my shopping cart at BestBuy.com and each figure is now priced at $9.19 each (20% GCU and an extra $2.00 discount); this is for Darth Maul and Hulkbuster. Is not applying the $5. off, only $4., but for one dollar, I can avoid the hustle of dealing with customer service so I went ahead and place the order for store pickup.

No, that's accurate. They take the $5 off first, before applying GCU, so they do come out to $9.19 each.

Vargavinter

Hello fellow gaffers! I've always been interested in getting Disney Infinity but since I never play consol nowadays and only PC I never started collecting any of the figures or playsets. But i just found out that Disney Infinity 3.0 was lauched on steam just the other day and I'm really starting to get interested to start collecting and playing with my son. I saw that you can buy everything digitally in the client but buying minis is part af the experience.

Can someone please straigthen out how the compatibility works for the PC? Can you buy any of the consol packs and redeem them via code and unlocking them on the PC-version? Meaning to save money I should just get the cheapest packs regardless if i manage to have PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii-figures in the end? If so, are all the older 1.0 and 2.0 packs working as well or just the recent 3.0?

Thanks!

Yes, they are.
Excellent.
Hello fellow gaffers! I've always been interested in getting Disney Infinity but since I never play consol nowadays and only PC I never started collecting any of the figures or playsets. But i just found out that Disney Infinity 3.0 was lauched on steam just the other day and I'm really starting to get interested to start collecting and playing with my son. I saw that you can buy everything digitally in the client but buying minis is part af the experience.

Can someone please straigthen out how the compatibility works for the PC? Can you buy any of the consol packs and redeem them via code and unlocking them on the PC-version? Meaning to save money I should just get the cheapest packs regardless if i manage to have PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii-figures in the end? If so, are all the older 1.0 and 2.0 packs working as well or just the recent 3.0?

Thanks!
The Playsets and figures all come with codes that you can redeem on the PC version to unlock gameplay levels (from Playsets) and characters (from Playsets and characters). The Starter Set for all the consoles is just a bundle that includes the game, an Infinity base (which you use to scan figures) and a Playset.

As you're playing on PC, you don't need to Infinity base (because you just type the code in that you get inside each pack) or the game (because it's free to download from Steam). This means that you can just buy Playsets like the Twilight of the Republic one, redeem the code and play the game.

It will probably be cheaper to just buy the Playsets as they are about $35 while the Starter Sets are about $60 so you'd pay an extra $25 for a disc and base that you won't use.

MrMephistoX

I agree. My daughter enjoys watching me play "Ahsoka". It helps that the Star Wars characters - lightsaber users in particular - play really well.

Have to say she's by far the most interesting to play as...something about the dual sabers is awesome and I can't believe I went from hating her in the show to her becoming my favorite character after obi wan.

Vargavinter

Excellent.

The Playsets and figures all come with codes that you can redeem on the PC version to unlock gameplay levels (from Playsets) and characters (from Playsets and characters). The Starter Set for all the consoles is just a bundle that includes the game, an Infinity base (which you use to scan figures) and a Playset.

As you're playing on PC, you don't need to Infinity base (because you just type the code in that you get inside each pack) or the game (because it's free to download from Steam). This means that you can just buy Playsets like the Twilight of the Republic one, redeem the code and play the game.

It will probably be cheaper to just buy the Playsets as they are about $35 while the Starter Sets are about $60 so you'd pay an extra $25 for a disc and base that you won't use.

Thanks alot for helping me out.

Edit: The cheapest set im looking at is for the 3DS, are they compatable with the PC as well?

I guess you are looking at the DI 1.0 for the 3DS ($14.99 at Amazon).

Well, you will get 3 figures compatible with the toybox in 3.0 (not a bad deal) but you will also get an useless game, base and playset.

Vargavinter

Yep, it's the same principle. Which set are you looking at? I didn't think that 3.0 was out on 3DS.

I guess you are looking at the DI 1.0 for the 3DS ($14.99 at Amazon).

Well, you will get 3 figures compatible with the toybox in 3.0 (not a bad deal) but you will also get an useless game, base and playset.

Yes thats the one. I have a 3DS not that im going to play DI on that. But i might be able to sell the game and the base for a euro or two but I was thinking about the figures. :)

enewtabie

You can buy the codes off ebay if you just want to play PC. I put all of mine up there for a few bucks. Sold the Toybox code for 5 bucks. Probably put up the Fett code also. I put up both Star Wars sets and Darth Vader for 9.99. Not sure if that's a good price but it's an option. I never intend on using the cards.

Disney Ininity 1.0 for the 3DS is extremely different from what Disney Infinity is, and not really in a good way. I would advise people to stay away from it, especially if it's someone trying to see if they like the games. Best way is probably just buying a code (or even just getting one, some people in the community give theirs out for free) and then playing it on PC since it's free, if you can run it.

Yes thats the one. I have a 3DS not that im going to play DI on that. But i might be able to sell the game and the base for a euro or two but I was thinking about the figures. :)
In that case, you'll be able to scan the codes for the figures but you won't have much in terms of gameplay levels. I'm not sure how much content is in the free to play version of the creative side but you can download the game on Steam without any figures or codes to see if you like it.

Disney Ininity 1.0 for the 3DS is extremely different from what Disney Infinity is, and not really in a good way. I would advise people to stay away from it, especially if it's someone trying to see if they like the games. Best way is probably just buying a code (or even just getting one, some people in the community give theirs out for free) and then playing it on PC since it's free, if you can run it.

It's worth picking up for the figures if you want them new though, Best Buy for example is selling the 3DS version of 1.0 for like $15. Take 20% off that with GCU and you're paying less than one figure costs for three figures + 1.0 playset piece + redeemable code for PC/iOS/Android figures.

Vargavinter

In that case, you'll be able to scan the codes for the figures but you won't have much in terms of gameplay levels. I'm not sure how much content is in the free to play version of the creative side but you can download the game on Steam without any figures or codes to see if you like it.

I've got the Steam-version the other day, but there is nothing unlocked so there wasn't much to actually do.

It's worth picking up for the figures if you want them new though, Best Buy for example is selling the 3DS version of 1.0 for like $15. Take 20% off that with GCU and you're paying less than one figure costs for three figures + 1.0 playset piece + redeemable code for PC/iOS/Android figures.

Oh, if it's just for the figures then yeah, that's a good way of at least getting started. I was just talking about the way the 3DS game played. Although another thing to take into consideration is the fact that 1.0 characters don't have the same variety or polish with skills and attacks that characters from 3.0 do.

curb

Banned
The character is decent enough to use in game but dayum, that Hulbuster figure is awesome. Any pictures I saw before getting my figure today did not do it justice.

Tempted to pick up Hulkbuster and Ultron tomorrow from Best Buy, but I did just pick up like... all the OT Star Wars stuff at once. So I should probably hold off for a bit.

My little sister saw Empire Strikes Back for the first time tonight and she's been running around the house with a toy lightsaber hitting people and going "I AM YOUR FAAATHERRR" so I think she'll have a good time playing the OT set with me once I show her I got it.

I was like, I'll just get the base set. And Han, can't have Luke and Leia without Han. And... Chewbacca, can't have Han without Chewie. And maybe Yoda, cuz y'know, he's cool and my sister will like him. And I might as well get Vader since that's another $5 off two figures alongside Yoda... and then I had them all.

I'm so weak willed.

There was no Hulkbuster or Ultron in my BB oddly.

Did they have Darth Maul? The Walmart I went to today only had him, I don't know if Hulkbuster and Ultron sold out (unlikely but possible) or if some places just haven't gotten them yet. Hell, they didn't even have Spot.

mreddie

Did they have Darth Maul? The Walmart I went to today only had him, I don't know if Hulkbuster and Ultron sold out (unlikely but possible) or if some places just haven't gotten them yet. Hell, they didn't even have Spot.

They had Maul. No Spot but did have the Good Dino discs.

curb

Banned
I am very impressed with Hulkbuster. It's really well done.

I played around a bit with Darth Maul as well and I really like him. There's something about the way he runs that I just love.

Vaeghar

Neo Member
Anyone got hands on Hulkbuster yet? Is he as tall as Hulk or Venom?

Hulkbuster is a hair taller than the Hulk and a head taller than Venom.

22818975225_b9a7c064cd_b.jpg

22830163361_d279bce591_b.jpg

I can't get the Twilight of the Republic to load my game save on the PS4. It tries to load and just freezes out.

I've tried uninstalling it, deleting game saves and starting new games, and it's broken.

I don't think I've ever had a game not be able to start on a console, ever. WTF!

I purchased all the Star Wars characters and when I finally start the play set, it's fucking broken.

MrMephistoX

I can't get the Twilight of the Republic to load my game save on the PS4. It tries to load and just freezes out.

I've tried uninstalling it, deleting game saves and starting new games, and it's broken.

I don't think I've ever had a game not be able to start on a console, ever. WTF!

I purchased all the Star Wars characters and when I finally start the play set, it's fucking broken.

i almost wonder if you have a defective playset? That's a weird issue maybe try exchanging it. If you can't tweet Disney Infinity about it and I'm sure they'll take care of it.

Rootbeer

Banned
Need some 2.0 characters?

Huge sale right now on bestbuy.com

4.99 - 5.99 on most figures. If you buy 2 or more, the order gets $5 off so you can get two figures for roughly $6.11 shipped (california tax, so it will vary) -- this assumes you have GCU discount.

free shipping on all of them too. So you can try to make a bunch of two figure orders and since it's free shipping on everything this will maximize the discount the most. don't blame me if they cancel anything though.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/s...ng-figures-148276?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0

Top Bottom