• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

Well, it lasted a week. :p

Ah, okay. XD

Target is having a Buy 1 get 50% off on the 2nd on all DI figures. I still need 8 figures frim 3.0. Is there a better deal or better incoming sale?

Well Best Buy has the Buy 2 get $5 off Sale often. They had it the last two weeks but nothing atm. Paired with GCU, two figures cost ~$19. Buy 1 get 2nd for 50% only saves you like $1 more than GCU discounts alone. It takes more than a sale like that to really get me to grab a bunch at once.

Well Best Buy has the Buy 2 get $5 off Sale often. They had it the last two weeks but nothing atm. Paired with GCU, two figures cost ~$19. Buy 1 get 2nd for 50% only saves you like $1 more than GCU discounts alone. It takes more than a sale like that to really get me to grab a bunch at once.

Thanks but I do not have GCU. In fact, I am not in US, so I relay in a friend to ship them to me.

But I will keep an eye in a good sale.

Got it, so I can't just start the OT playset with the non-OT Star Wars characters, I need an actual OT character.

Might as well buy the Playset bundles then :p

Thanks!

Worth knowing that you have to unlock the villains for those sets too. So Darth Maul despite being a PT character needs his token before he's usable in the PT set, and Darth Vader's the same way for the OT set.

2 question2:
1) playset in 1.0//2.0 are usable in 3.0 or not? meaning if i get infinity 3.0, i can only use infinity 3.0 playset?
2) I'm single, my rl friends don't play games at all (and frankly at 31 y/o i don't feel like going partying every night it's so cool anymore.. so yeah..), so when i play games it's usually me and me.. Would i still be able to enjoy this one?

cheers!

shiba5

2 question2:
1) playset in 1.0//2.0 are usable in 3.0 or not? meaning if i get infinity 3.0, i can only use infinity 3.0 playset?
2) I'm single, my rl friends don't play games at all (and frankly at 31 y/o i don't feel like going partying every night it's so cool anymore.. so yeah..), so when i play games it's usually me and me.. Would i still be able to enjoy this one?

cheers!

1) Nope - only the characters
2) Yes (at least I do)

fernoca

2 question2:

cheers!
1. Nope. You need the respective games to play the playsets. In the following sequel, they just unlock stuff for Toy Box mode. If you have a Wii U, you can get 1.0 free (in NA at least), but you still need a portal, figures and playset pieces.

2. I'm 33 and being with this since release. Your enjoyment might depend more on if you like the characters/universes on it. Star Wars, Marvel and Disney.

fernoca

Got 2.0 for $15 today.

1) The Marvel playsets are immediately compatible with 2.0 correct?

2) So to play Rise of the Empire, I would have to upgrade to 3.0 ($30 via xbla) and then just purchase the playset yes ($35...soon to be $25 this weekend)?

I wasn't interested in playset that came with 3.0 starter pack so i think this works out for me
-Yep. The Avengers, Guarduans of the Galaxy, Uktimate Spider-man are the main ones. There are power discs/levels themed around Brave, Stitch, Thor and Avengers on which you can use any character.

-Yep. Keeping in mind that Xbox One portal only works on Xbox One and 360 only in 360.

In Twilight of the Republic, has anyone had problems with guns no longer working all of a sudden? I'm playing through with Sabine, and after a few minutes of playing (specifically driving around in Tatooine) R2 will no longer fire. I can aim with L2 but R2 just won't work. Swapping in a different figure and coming back to Sabine fixes it but it's frustrating nonetheless.

shiba5

In Twilight of the Republic, has anyone had problems with guns no longer working all of a sudden? I'm playing through with Sabine, and after a few minutes of playing (specifically driving around in Tatooine) R2 will no longer fire. I can aim with L2 but R2 just won't work. Swapping in a different figure and coming back to Sabine fixes it but it's frustrating nonetheless.

No, that's very weird. I've played with her a lot and haven't had anything like that happen. (PS4 version)

Hey guys, sounds like my girlfriend got me this for Christmas, and a handful of the Star Wars figures. Anyone have recommendations on what the best characters, playsets, power discs, and/or toybox games are? I've heard great things about Toybox Takeover so I think I'll get that.

It's mostly the Star Wars stuff that got me interested, but I also like Marvel and Disney a lot, so I'm interested in all aspects of the game.

Is there an online multiplayer component to this? If so, add me on PS4! SOGInferno is my ID. We're actually going to be celebrating Christmas next weekend, so you could see me online then.

One more question, how is the quality and quantity of user-created Toy Box content? I'm honestly not a big level editor guy, but I love playing UGC when it's good. Is there enough meaty Toybox games? Or do you guys treat the Toybox as an aside to the playsets?

broz0rs

Just as I feared, Target shipped the regular version of Yoda instead of the Light FX version. I had to run to the store and hope they had a replacement on the shelf. Thankfully, I was able to grab the last one. Also at the store, I noticed all the 1.0 and 2.0 figures were selling for $5.60, but only a few figurines remained so I picked up a Venom. This sale is not available online from what I see.

Guys do you think I have to hurry up getting the LightFX figures or I can wait for a sale next year. With all those toys to live games I am starting to wait for sales, but maybe those will not available for long. I already got Target and Amazon exclusived.

Guys do you think I have to hurry up getting the LightFX figures or I can wait for a sale next year. With all those toys to live games I am starting to wait for sales, but maybe those will not available for long. I already got Target and Amazon exclusived.
I'm sure they'll be around, but the only kind of sales we'll see are "buy X get X" which is gonna be annoying for 6 separate retailers.

Speedway and Takeover are $10 or $8 w/GCU @ Best Buy. Playsets are also $10 off including pre-orders of The Force Awakens play set. $25 or $20 w/GCU.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/disney-infinity-playsets-141791

Thanks. Bought all three.

Gamestop priced matched thus as well. I bought both Speedway and Inside Out yesterday at $21.99 and 39.99. Took both back for the price adjustments and picked up Rise Against the Empire. My daughter should be pretty stoked come Christmas morning.

Got this on twitter today, official poster:

ZjbKFgK.jpg

Got my light up Vader in the mail today, so it might be available in stores now. Also, starting next week Best Buy is doing 3 for $30 on figures. $24 w/ GCU.

Stanng243

The force awakens playset is on sale at Bestbuy also, and stacks with GCU.

I finally got all 6 light fx. They should make it more complicated to get them all next time.

Rootbeer

Banned
Amazon is failing on these Dec 18th sets.

Hit up TRU. I picked all of them up for $9 (single figs) and $24.99 (TFA Playset) on sale right now. They had tons.

curb

Banned
Got my shipping notice for my TFA playset from Amazon Canada. Should be in Tuesday. Saw the movie this aft so I'm pretty excited to get the set.

If all goes well..
I am seeing the movie Sunday morning.
If it's good we will brave Toys R Us and pick up the whole Force Awakens collection, come home and play.

If it's bad we will come home and re-play the original movies playset.

Can't lose!

fernoca

Thanks for the heads up on the TRU offer. Ended getting the playset with Rey and Finn, Kylo and Poe (which was the only Poe); along a $5 coupon for just $43 after taxes.

Barely starting the playset, but reminds me of Rise Against the Empire a bit. With the more open areas, platforming, etc.

Was also expecting an update on Wii U, but no update was needed. The characters appear in both the collection and the Hall of Heroes too. Unless the update was weeks ago or the characters were just in the disc.

As for how they play, only used Kylo in the Toy Box, since for story reasons you can't use him on the playset early on. But he is great. Plays like a more aggresive Anakin mixing lightsaber and kicks, has the dash too.

Finn and Poe are similar, mix of hand to hand and blasters; Finn has a rifle, and Poe's melee attacks are stronger, faster and leave a trace of fire too. Rey mixes blaster and staff, fast and agile too.

Also should note that the story of the playset is a shorter version of the movie. Even the scrolling summary basically says what hapened in the first 10...15 minutes of the movie.

So, spoilers to those that haven't watched the movie.

witness

So we saw the movie last night and got Star Wars fever. When I saw the starter pack was just $40 today at best buy I had to get it. Also got the force awakens playset and kylo. My wife and I will be co oping the shit out of this. Never played 1 or 2. Gotta say I love how Kylo looks and plays, so cool. Wish I could play him in the story, is there a thing similar in this like the Lego games where you can go back and play as any character after you beat a level?

Going to get the rise against the empire playset along with Vader, Han, and Chewie soon.

Saw Force Awakens last night and when I got to work this morning we had the DI stuff all out and ready to go (I work at Best Buy)

Couldn't help myself, used my GCU discount with some store credit I earned from training video stuff and got the Playset and both individual figures for about $30 total. Hell of a deal for release day

Holding off on playing with it until Christmas though. It's my gift to myself (and my little sister who always loves playing co-op with me of course)

How is it so far, people messing with it? Are you able to play as older Han in any way? Any cool unlocks for the toy box?

Kitoro

Is Poe available to use at the start of the playset, or must he be unlocked similar to Kylo?

Still waiting on impressions!

fernoca

Also posted this picture in another thread said:

To add to my previous post, there is something different in this TFA playset: as you play, you'll find junk which you can "salvage" and turns into a new kind of in-game currency.

You can use this help you in the quest, either to actually move forward or unlocking new areas.

Previous post said:
Thanks for the heads up on the TRU offer. Ended getting the playset with Rey and Finn, Kylo and Poe (which was the only Poe); along a $5 coupon for just $43 after taxes.

Barely starting the playset, but reminds me of Rise Against the Empire a bit. With the more open areas, platforming, etc.

Was also expecting an update on Wii U, but no update was needed. The characters appear in both the collection and the Hall of Heroes too. Unless the update was weeks ago or the characters were just in the disc.

As for how they play, only used Kylo in the Toy Box, since for story reasons you can't use him on the playset early on. But he is great. Plays like a more aggresive Anakin mixing lightsaber and kicks, has the dash too.

Finn and Poe are similar, mix of hand to hand and blasters; Finn has a rifle, and Poe's melee attacks are stronger, faster and leave a trace of fire too. Rey mixes blaster and staff, fast and agile too.

Also should note that the story of the playset is a shorter version of the movie. Even the scrolling summary basically says what hapened in the first 10...15 minutes of the movie.

So, spoilers to those that haven't watched the movie.

Is Poe available to use at the start of the playset, or must he be unlocked similar to Kylo?

Still waiting on impressions!
Poe is. Only Kylo needs to be unlocked.

Top Bottom