• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

Don't know anything about this, but I see the Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars Saga Bundle is going for $80. Is that a good deal or should I get the starter pack for $30 and go from there? Also how many playsets are there?

If you want both the prequel and OT playsets AND early access to boba fett, it's an alright deal for $80.

Don't know anything about this, but I see the Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars Saga Bundle is going for $80. Is that a good deal or should I get the starter pack for $30 and go from there? Also how many playsets are there?

Two playsets, the original trilogy and the clone wars (which is part of the starter set. Plus Bobba Fett.

But you can get the starter set for $30 and the OT playset for $25. When it is released (next March, I think) Bobba will be $15, making everything a $70 value. So you are paying $10 more to have Bobba in advance.

If you want both the prequel and OT playsets AND early access to boba fett, it's an alright deal for $80.

Two playsets, the original trilogy and the clone wars (which is part of the starter set. Plus Bobba Fett.

But you can get the starter set for $30 and the OT playset for $25. When it is released (next March, I think) Bobba will be $15, making everything a $70 value. So you are paying $10 more to have Bobba in advance.

Thanks. I actually was going through my closet and realized I had Infinity 2.0 in my closet. It came with my 12GB PS3. Think I'll try it out first to see what it's like.

curb

Banned
I put a couple hours into the Force Awakens playset last night. Not bad. Seems about on par with the Empire playset. Seems less collect-y though which was my main problem with the OT playset. The Rey figure looks great too.

ok so i'm definitely interested in getting this. had 1.0 and like it a ton. what's the best (cheapest) way to get as much content as possible?

edit: ah wait found a great deal on the starter pack. seems cheaper going for that than buying the digital dl and the packs. can't find the force awakens pack anywhere though

Amneisac

I'm not sure if this is okay in this thread or not, if not, please disregard or I can remove this post, but I have some web codes that I would like to offer (for sale) to PC-playing GAF members before I post on eBay. I'll offer them here a little cheaper than the going eBay prices. I only have a few, but all proceeds will be going towards the Inside Out Playset. I will e-mail you a picture of each card with the unused code in exchange for PayPal.

I have:

Han Solo web code: $4.00 USD
Luke / Leia web code: $5.00 USD
Rey / Finn web code: $5.00 USD
Toybox Takeover web code: $8.00 USD
Annakin / Ahsoka web code: $4.00 USD​

You can just send me a PM on here if you're interested. If one person wants every code I will sell them all for $24.00 USD.

fernoca

ok so i'm definitely interested in getting this. had 1.0 and like it a ton. what's the best (cheapest) way to get as much content as possible?

edit: ah wait found a great deal on the starter pack. seems cheaper going for that than buying the digital dl and the packs. can't find the force awakens pack anywhere though
Depends on were you live. But Toys R Us has all playsets for $25, including TFA.

On Friday and Saturday they also had all figures at $9 (or less in the case of older ones), so got TFA playset ($22), Poe ($8) and Kylo ($8), then Light FX Darth Vader ($9) on Saturday.

So, keep an eye out.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
First off...our collection has outgrown this case. We are trying to find something to offload the Amiibos to. Might have to put those guys in another room.

I have every 1.0 and 2.0 Power Disc.

For 3.0, since they eliminated the blind packs I will only buy the discs along with the figures we collect..so in the case of Inside Out or Good Dinosaur or Zootopia since we don't want those figures, we don't buy the discs. The thinking there is if I ever decide to get them it will be real easy to find and buy the box of discs then tracking down individual ones on ebay like I had to do for 1.0 and 2.0. I am playing the futures market on Power Discs. I already regret giving my friends nephew all 50 of my doubles. In 10 years someone may be looking for the Finding Nemo skybox!

The Marvel shelf is good for now..zero room once the new figures drop in the Spring.

The Star Wars shelf is also the "live action movie" shelf and I hate that. I never wanted the Pirates figures, my girlfriend bought them, and now I'm stuck with them.

The "animated movie" shelf sucks. It's so cramped, I just don't have any room to space them out. Somewhere hidden in the back are the Cars figures.

Bonus: Smash Amiibos...the only ones I collected. I am still missing 6, plus the Classic Mario from Mario Maker. (We also have the Splatoon amiibos)

And here's the case:

Here I am thinking of bailing on Disney Infinity because I feel like I'm wasting too much money on it with no place to store it and you've gone full-hog. Goddamn.

MrMephistoX

I put a couple hours into the Force Awakens playset last night. Not bad. Seems about on par with the Empire playset. Seems less collect-y though which was my main problem with the OT playset. The Rey figure looks great too.

Pleasantly surprised and love the way Kylo plays especially...they really nailed his personality from the film.

witness

Pleasantly surprised and love the way Kylo plays especially...they really nailed his personality from the film.

Agreed, he's so much fun and his look and animations are fantastic. It never gets turning his lightsaber on over and over. It really does look perfect.

I'm grabbing the OT set, Han, Chewie, and Vader very soon. This is such a great game to play with my wife.

fernoca

Adam Driver voiced him too. Same with Daisy Ridley, John Boyega and Oscar Isaac.

Isaac and Boyega even talked about how they had to voice them a bit differently, a bit more enthusiastic and child-like.

Oscar Isaac also liked his Disney Infinity figure more than the other toys based on Poe. :p

The Clone Wars playset (Twilight of the Republic) is by far the best one, regardless of whether or not you've watched the show. But the OT one and Force Awakens are still pretty good.

Just wanted to make that clear since it seems like some people are planning to skip it. Don't.

The Clone Wars playset (Twilight of the Republic) is by far the best one, regardless of whether or not you've watched the show. But the OT one and Force Awakens are still pretty good.

Just wanted to make that clear since it seems like some people are planning to skip it. Don't.
I approve this message.

curb

Banned
I finished mainlining the Force Awakens playset last night.
There was a message at one point on Takodana saying that Finn could then use Luke's lightsaber (as per the movie) but unless I missed something, Rey never gets that ability. If that's the case, I'm a little disappointed that only Finn gets to considering she gets it in the cutscene near the end. *sad face*

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm still pretty confused, even after reading the OP

how long are the 3 SW campaigns?

what is the cheapest way to play those?

is the an home building component in this?

thanks!

witness

I finished mainlining the Force Awakens playset last night.
There was a message at one point on Takodana saying that Finn could then use Luke's lightsaber (as per the movie) but unless I missed something, Rey never gets that ability. If that's the case, I'm a little disappointed that only Finn gets to considering she gets it in the cutscene near the end. *sad face*

I wondered how that was handled.
That's too bad that Rey doesn't get upgraded to a lightsaber. I bet they'll do another figure with one next year, I'll take a light fx version!

thanks!
It took me about 12 hours to complete the Twilight of the Republic PlaySet but I was playing on the extreme difficulty level and I did most of the sidequests.

The cheapest way to play them would be to get the starter set which comes with the game, an Infinity board and the Twilight of the Republic Play Set. From there, you can get the other two Play Sets. If you're playing on PC, you can just buy the Play Sets as the base game is free to play and you redeem the web codes in the game instead of scanning the figures using an Infinity board.

There's a customisation mode that lets you design your own levels. You can also decorate a house with the same assets.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

thanks!

Each Campaign is roughly 4-6 hours if you rush through on easy.

Keep in mind there are side quests, training rooms, and skill trees to level up (think diablo). Plus each mission had a Star Ranking.

So if you crank the difficulty it'll take longer. If you do the side quests it'll take longer. If you replay for the stars it'll take longer. If you are like my son and I and like to do the Jedi Training Room it'll take longer.

curb

Banned
I wondered how that was handled.
That's too bad that Rey doesn't get upgraded to a lightsaber. I bet they'll do another figure with one next year, I'll take a light fx version!

I'm sure we'll get at leaat two new Rey figures if DI is still going through 2019 and I'll gladly buy them all.
I'm just sad that she doesn't get to use it all in this playset because that little fight cutscene is pretty great.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It took me about 12 hours to complete the Twilight of the Republic PlaySet but I was playing on the extreme difficulty level and I did most of the sidequests.

The cheapest way to play them would be to get the starter set which comes with the game, an Infinity board and the Twilight of the Republic Play Set. From there, you can get the other two Play Sets. If you're playing on PC, you can just buy the Play Sets as the base game is free to play and you redeem the web codes in the game instead of scanning the figures using an Infinity board.

There's a customisation mode that lets you design your own levels. You can also decorate a house with the same assets.

Each Campaign is roughly 4-6 hours if you rush through on easy.

Keep in mind there are side quests, training rooms, and skill trees to level up (think diablo). Plus each mission had a Star Ranking.

So if you crank the difficulty it'll take longer. If you do the side quests it'll take longer. If you replay for the stars it'll take longer. If you are like my son and I and like to do the Jedi Training Room it'll take longer.

thanks, i know it's not the 'point' of this particular paroduct but i wish i didn't need to buy so much physical stuff for the PS4 copy

maybe i'll haunt ebay for cheap codes

Hi, all.

My household got some Star Wars figurines (Yoda and Ezra), but we don't play the game and I figured someone here could use the codes included in the package.

Ideally, I'd like to give them to folks with kids who'll use them, but obviously I can't do anything beyond taking your word, haha.

Not being completely familiar with the game, I'm just assuming that I'd give you the codes through PM later today and your kid won't need the figure to use the character in-game, but I don't know for certain.

Merry Christmas!

Re:Lightsabers

Although not character specific you do unlock a Green Lightsaber that equips as a pack to any character. So you can throw it on Finn or Rey that way.

Hi, all.

My household got some Star Wars figurines (Yoda and Ezra), but we don't play the game and I figured someone here could use the codes included in the package.

Ideally, I'd like to give them to folks with kids who'll use them, but obviously I can't do anything beyond taking your word, haha.

Not being completely familiar with the game, I'm just assuming that I'd give you the codes through PM later today and your kid won't need the figure to use the character in-game, but I don't know for certain.

Merry Christmas!

Very kindly from you. Just to add that those codes are for the PC version of the game. Game is free on Win10 store or Steam.

fernoca

Amazon sent me TFA power discs trough UPS 2nd day for free and gave me a discount...without asking, because of the delay (even though I didn't mind their delay). So, $6 for the discs, shipped! XD

Stormtrooper Finn and Casual Poe look great.

Amazon sent me TFA power discs trough UPS 2nd day for free and gave me a discount...without asking, because of the delay (even though I didn't mind their delay). So, $6 for the discs, shipped! XD

Stormtrooper Finn and Casual Poe look great.
I would have liked it if Finn wore a helmet or that there were a stormtrooper figure or something.

Ah man, i didn't even know about Toy Box Takeover until now, it sounds really fun. Would have gotten that too for Christmas if I had known. Wish you could just buy it digitally.

Milly79

So, I'd be brand new to this, so I'm not sure where to start/what the best options/prices are at the moment.

I'd really like to get the TfA set (all 4, not just the 2 that I'm seeing mostly) and I know I'd need a starter as well. What are the best options here?

fernoca

So, I'd be brand new to this, so I'm not sure where to start/what the best options/prices are at the moment.

I'd really like to get the TfA set (all 4, not just the 2 that I'm seeing mostly) and I know I'd need a starter as well. What are the best options here?
Depends on what you have:
-PC is a free download, you redeem the codes on the figures and don't worry about accesories or putting the figures, etc. So the entry price in this case, varies by the deals you find the figures.

-Consoles, you could check daily on deals around the Starter Pack. It was at $40 last week.

--The digital download is $20 until next month(?), but recquires the USB portal, which can be bought used on Gamestop (under $10, keeping in mind that the Xbox portals are platform specific, but PlayStation and Nintendo work with each other).

--On PS3/PS4, there's starter pack that includes the playset and figures of Twilight of the Republic (Anakin and Ashoka, based on Clone Wars) and Rise Against the Empire (Luke and Leia, based on the original trilogy).

-The Force Awakens only has one playset with Rey and Finn. Kylo and Poe are sold by separate and individually. Amazon has a bundle with them all (4) for like $10 less. (But TRU had the same for $43 at release, so I went with that one).

So..yeah, deals are aways coming and going.

Mepsi

My local Tesco had the Twilight of the Republic starter pack for £20 so I decided what the hell I'll give it a go. I'm actually quite blown away by the playset that is included, it's incredibly fun. Looking into the stuff that's available to buy it and both the Toybox Takeover and Toybox Speedway have taken my interest, just wandering what people think of these two expansions and whether they're worth picking up or not.

fernoca

My local Tesco had the Twilight of the Republic starter pack for £20 so I decided what the hell I'll give it a go. I'm actually quite blown away by the playset that is included, it's incredibly fun. Looking into the stuff that's available to buy it and both the Toybox Takeover and Toybox Speedway have taken my interest, just wandering what people think of these two expansions and whether they're worth picking up or not.
If you liked Twilight of the Republic, the other two are no brainers. Though Rise Against the Empire is a bit more grindy in that you have to collect things to proceed, and The Force Awakens is a bit more...platform-y.

And yeah, Takeover and Speedway are no brainers too.

Mepsi

If you liked Twilight of the Republic, the other two are no brainers. Though Rise Against the Empire is a bit more grindy in that you have to collect things to proceed, and The Force Awakens is a bit more...platform-y.

And yeah, Takeover and Speedway are no brainers too.

That's good to hear, sounds like I'm gonna get a lot of use out of this then.

So it seems like the Mickey sidekick's attack stat maxes out at 21? Meaning he can't even use the best weapons. Kinda sucks because he is the last sidekick you unlock from the Hero Destoyer. :<

EDIT: nvm, friendship wasn't maxed out.

Milly79

So, this may be a dumb question, but...

I bought Han Solo thinking it would allow me to play through the Rise campaign. Without knowing there was a set piece included with my starter kit, do I need the piece from Rise to play that or did I just spend some money I didn't have to? :p

fernoca

So, this may be a dumb question, but...

I bought Han Solo thinking it would allow me to play through the Rise campaign. Without knowing there was a set piece included with my starter kit, do I need the piece from Rise to play that or did I just spend some money I didn't have to? :p
To play Rise, you need the Rise playset which is bundled with Luke and Leia.

You can use Han in Twilight, but need to find his coin first.

16BitNova

I'm picking this up soon. Mainly cause of my Star Wars hype. :p but let me get this straight. Playsets are campaigns? And You can't play campaigns from 1.0 or 2.0 on 3.0?

hitmon

For anybody who has Kylo Ren, is my game bugged? I press square/X and he doesn't have force push/pull like other light saber characters.

Dragoshi1

For anybody who has Kylo Ren, is my game bugged? I press square/X and he doesn't have force push/pull like other light saber characters.
Can learn it via skill tree, force pull on square/X, and gets a combo ender that does force push also via skill tree.

Top Bottom