• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

Kouichi

OK, and was it advertised as being compatible with playstation and Wii/Wii U? Not sure if you know this, but the xbox 360 and XB1 bases are their own entities, only compatible with those machines.

Yeah I made sure. Still, thanks for the heads up. It was confusing at first since they all seemed to be the same when I was looking around.

El_Cinefilo

I have a question about the digital codes, are they just for the pc version? Or do they work on the mobile version too? If I redeem them for one will it work on both?

Yeah I made sure. Still, thanks for the heads up. It was confusing at first since they all seemed to be the same when I was looking around.

Ok cool, sounds like you're good to go. The playsets and characters are always on sale, check out cheapassgamer's site, they have a running thread for the disney infinity bargains...

I have a question about the digital codes, are they just for the pc version? Or do they work on the mobile version too? If I redeem them for one will it work on both?

I believe your disney infinity account works across digital platforms. So, if you have it on IOS and PC and you input a character code, that character will be available to you in both versions.

Durden77

If it hasn't been brought up, Gamestop has all Infinity stuff on sale until the 1st. All new figures are 10 bucks and I got Takeover for 10.

Durden77

Ive been looking for days but cannot find evidence of this. Kylo Ren is showing as $15

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories...wars-the-force-awakens-kylo-ren-figure/126299

As do all the rest.

I just bought him in the store about an hour ago for $9.99. Along with the $9.99 Takeover. It must be just an in-store thing or something, but they're definitely all 10 bucks in both stores I've been to. I bought Vader and Flynn yesterday at another GS and they were also 10 each.

Edit : For some reason Kylo-Ren seems to be 15 bucks online when all the others are 10$. Solo and Ultron are both showing as 10 online.

http://m.gamestop.com/product/accessories/disney-infinity-30-edition-marvels-ultron-figure/124496

http://m.gamestop.com/product/acces...y-30-edition-star-wars-han-solo-figure/124494

Ren is definitely 9.99$ in store though, so I dunno why he's 15$ online.

fenners

Yep, called a store and they confirmed. One gal even insisted there was a B2G3 (!) deal going on? I asked her to verify with her manager and he confirmed. I am heading there now and will update if that is the case.

There's been an ongoing pre-owned B2G3 deal on 'toys to life' figures for a while.

Durden77

Yep, called a store and they confirmed. One gal even insisted there was a B2G3 (!) deal going on? I asked her to verify with her manager and he confirmed. I am heading there now and will update if that is the case.

There's been an ongoing pre-owned B2G3 deal on 'toys to life' figures for a while.

Yeah I think that's only for pre-owned ones, which they don't sell many in the store. If it's for new ones definitely let us know though but I doubt it.

Cytezan

Just started reading through these posts as my brother bought me Infinity 2.0 for xmas.

...It really is a gateway drug. After playing through the avengers starter pack, I ended up going to the store and buying 3.0, all the star wars playsets and toybox takeover and speedway.

This is all very concerning for my wallet! However, the games are much better than I thought they would be, Playing through the Rise Against the Empire playset now and it's great! (I wish space battles/controls were a bit tighter though).

Are there any other playsets I should look at getting? How is the inside out one?

Durden77

Is there anyway to turn iff the super turd like announcer's voice? I see the option for dialogue but I want to hear the characters talk.

witness

Another haul of 3.0 stuff yesterday; Rise Against the Empire playset, Han, and toybox takeover. I have all 3 star wars playset, now I just need to concentrate on one playset at a time. Thinking I'll just go in chronological order. I still have another 5 figures I want to get eventually.

I wish the game was more difficult..

I was playing Toybox takeover on extreme last night and was able to beat one of the bosses in less than a minute...

It's just not satisfying enough..

I think I might have to handicap myself by playing without a sidekick.

curb

Banned
Shpuld I go with Twilight of the Republic or Force Awakens next?

I imagine twilight benefits from not being an adaptation of a film.

I think Twilight is better but not because TFA is a film adaptation. Empire crams three movies into a playset and it works fine. Play TFA if you have film hype, otherwise I recommend Twilight.

curb

Banned
Yeah, I guess that's true. It would be a nice addition, I think.

It's kind of a "damned if do, damned if you don't" situation. Leave trophies out of the playsets and people are unhappy but put trophies in the playset and then other people will be unhappy.

El_Cinefilo

It's kind of a "damned if do, damned if you don't" situation. Leave trophies out of the playsets and people are unhappy but put trophies in the playset and then other people will be unhappy.

Playsets should be dlc trophies. I Think that would work best

Durden77

So I got my girlfriend a few figures. Should she take "ownership" of them on her PS profile? Or should she just play normally? She has a PS profile but it's not tied to PSN that she signs in when she plays.

shiba5

So I got my girlfriend a few figures. Should she take "ownership" of them on her PS profile? Or should she just play normally? She has a PS profile but it's not tied to PSN that she signs in when she plays.

Are you playing on the same machine? There's an option to share the figures.
Sharing carries over the figure's level.
Edit: I'm pretty sure the characters can only be owned by one person so if you are both using them, you'd want to share.

Durden77

Are you playing on the same machine? There's an option to share the figures.
Sharing carries over the figure's level.
Edit: I'm pretty sure the characters can only be owned by one person so if you are both using them, you'd want to share.

I haven't selected any option but when I took one of the charcters she had been using and put it on my single player game they had the same levels and everything.

shiba5

I haven't selected any option but when I took one of the charcters she had been using and put it on my single player game they had the same levels and everything.

Weird. When my husband used them for the first time on his profile it asked whether he wanted to own or share.

Because they're nice enough not to lock trophies behind "DLC".

I do not think it is "nice". It would be a good incentive to play them. I like how dimensions handled trophies/achievements.

True.

fernoca

No Obi Wan Light FX at $10 though.
Was in the store today buying a Yoda as a gift, and the ad says something like: All Disney Infinity 3.0 figures $9.99 (Light FX Obi-Wan excluded).

curb

Banned
Finally got a Kylo Ren figure and I really like him. His Force jump seems a little higher than average and he's got the dash attack that the Clone Wars have. He's the first of the Force-enabled villians that I've really enjoyed using.

shiba5

Finally got a Kylo Ren figure and I really like him. His Force jump seems a little higher than average and he's got the dash attack that the Clone Wars have. He's the first of the Force-enabled villians that I've really enjoyed using.

I thought Adam Driver did an excellent job with the voice work too.

So, I've been looking at buying this game for the Star Wars shit. I know nothing about Disney Infinity. I'm watching gameplay on youtube for the Force Awakens stuff and it seems to have you switching characters as the story progresses. So, what exactly do you do with the toys if not play through the normal game?

Hope that newb question makes sense.

fernoca

So, I've been looking at buying this game for the Star Wars shit. I know nothing about Disney Infinity. I'm watching gameplay on youtube for the Force Awakens stuff and it seems to have you switching characters as the story progresses. So, what exactly do you do with the toys if not play through the normal game?

Hope that newb question makes sense.
Well, you're technically not forced to switch figures. You just switch them at will. Like you're playing as Han Solo, but want to play now as Luke, you switch the figures.

In general, figures are like lives. One character "dies" and you replace that figure with another and keep playing...or not, and have to restart the mission.

In the case of Disney Infinity in general, is a toybox...hence the Toybox Mode in the game.

Like, you choose a figure, put it in the USB base and you can play as that character. In the Toybox, you can create areas, games, etc. with any figure, no matter the world.

Now, if you want to play the (example) Star Wars games with their story, missions, etc. you have to place an additional figure on the USB base: a playset.

Each playset has access to that story and world and can only be played with the characters from it. This playsets usually come bundled wuth 2 figures too, which you'll need to start the game.

Star Wars has:
-Twilight of the Republic: With Anakin and Ashoka, based on Clone Wars.
-Rise Against the Empire: With Luke and Leia, based on the original trilogy.
-The Force Awakens: With Rey and Finn, based on the new movie.
As you play, you collect coins that let you play with other Star Wars figures not related to those movies (like, as Darth Maul in The Force Awakens).

So,basically you need the USB base, figures and playsets to play the Star Wars stuff. Even the digital version (in consoles) of the game, you still need the USB base and figures.

If you have a PlayStation 3 or 4, you could buy the Saga bundle which includes Twilight of the Republic, Rise Against the Empire and an additional Bobba Fett figure. Then you'll just need the TFA playset/pack.

If you're on PC, you can download the base game for free, but need to either purchase everything digitally or redeem the codes included with figures.

El_Cinefilo

I know it's obviously early days but does anyone want to be bold and predict what the playsets will be this year to presumably go with Infinity 4.0?

The first three games seemed to generally have a theme (Disney Originals, Marvel and Star Wars) do you think we will see a new theme or just have a mish mash of different properties?

I think it's pretty likely we'll get a Star Wars: Rogue one playset and some figures to go with the film at christmas but before that I've no idea. They've already done so many Marvel Characters and Disney originals that unless they start redoing characters (Like Captain America in Battlegrounds) I'm not sure what they can do that will have the same appeal.

Christopher

I know it's obviously early days but does anyone want to be bold and predict what the playsets will be this year to presumably go with Infinity 4.0?

The first three games seemed to generally have a theme (Disney Originals, Marvel and Star Wars) do you think we will see a new theme or just have a mish mash of different properties?

I think it's pretty likely we'll get a Star Wars: Rogue one playset and some figures to go with the film at christmas but before that I've no idea. They've already done so many Marvel Characters and Disney originals that unless they start redoing characters (Like Captain America in Battlegrounds) I'm not sure what they can do that will have the same appeal.

I'm going to say it will be kingdom take over with Disney Princess and princes seems like the next wide angle market to cover

curb

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised they'll just continue to cycle Disney/Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel's newest big releases as playset and characters.

Neo Member
After watching The Force Awakens for the 5th time today, I walked over to my local supermarket and picked up the Disney Infinity 3.0 Bundle with all just released figures. I've only scratched the surface with the series, playing an hour of the Force Awakens playset it already has got me hooked but wondered what other things should I know?

PS: I love the figures

CXpkt6QWsAAkfsl.jpg

curb

Banned
After watching The Force Awakens for the 5th time today, I walked over to my local supermarket and picked up the Disney Infinity 3.0 Bundle with all just released figures. I've only scratched the surface with the series, playing an hour of the Force Awakens playlist it already has got me hooked but wondered what other things should I know?

PS: I love the figures

If you like the Force Awakens playset then that's good because I think it's actually the weakest of the three Star Wars sets.

You should know that you've started down a long path to an empty wallet.

I bought the game on sale for $15 on the xbox one store and got a used xbox one base at gamestop. I got four characters so far, Woody, Green Goblin, Randall and Agent P. Anyone recommend which characters I should try to get that are pretty fun to play as?

Also any advice on stuff I should try out on the game? I am kinda lost haha just been on toy box mode.

16BitNova

Just jumped on board thanks to Star Wars. Got the Starter Pack with The Twilight of the Republic and two toys, and bought the Force Awakens Playset. Super Noob question but I got stuck in one of those vert ramps for cars, without a car, is there anyway to get out without resetting, I've been jumping around for a while here. Lol

El_Cinefilo

I bought the game on sale for $15 on the xbox one store and got a used xbox one base at gamestop. I got four characters so far, Woody, Green Goblin, Randall and Agent P. Anyone recommend which characters I should try to get that are pretty fun to play as?

Also any advice on stuff I should try out on the game? I am kinda lost haha just been on toy box mode.

All the 1.0 characters are pretty poor to play as since they only have one melee attack and no special moves (at least the ones I have). 2.0 and after are all way more fun.

I'd pick up a playset. Toy box takeover is fun and cheap and you can use any character in it so it's a good one to start with.

Also I found all the tutorial missions through the doors in the hub surprisingly fun.

Top Bottom