• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

All the 1.0 characters are pretty poor to play as since they only have one melee attack and no special moves (at least the ones I have). 2.0 and after are all way more fun.

I'd pick up a playset. Toy box takeover is fun and cheap and you can use any character in it so it's a good one to start with.

Also I found all the tutorial missions through the doors in the hub surprisingly fun.

Thank you! I'll definitely get some 2.0 and 3.0 characters soon.

Thank you! I'll definitely get some 2.0 and 3.0 characters soon.

If there's some 1.0 characters you really like, they CAN be worth picking up just because giving them one of the melee weapons in 3.0 allows them to use the modern combat. But this is really only if you're a big fan of the character.

They're not totally left behind mechanics-wise, but you do have to equip them with a melee weapon to keep them up to par with other characters.

Rapunzel in particular is kind of fun because if you have her, you unlock her frying pan to use on anyone else- and it counts as a melee weapon, giving you lightsaber style combos for anyone who equips it. With a frying pan. It's great.

Oh what have I done, I couldn't resist the star wars hype and jumped in.

Anyone know what the likely figures for the marvel battlegrounds playset will be? The hulk buster looks fantastic but I don't want to double dip if it will be part of the playset pack.

Neo Member
I got these boys today, got Leia and Luke coming sometime next week

CXvatzbWcAIVSFN.jpg

I got these boys today, got Leia and Luke coming sometime next week

That looks like Sainsburys stickers on those. I grabbed Rise Against the Empire from my local branch for £18 today. Was marked up for £29.99 but scans at the lower price.

Not had much chance to dig into it yet sadly

Neo Member
That looks like Sainsburys stickers on those. I grabbed Rise Against the Empire from my local branch for £18 today. Was marked up for £29.99 but scans at the lower price.

Not had much chance to dig into it yet sadly

Yeah I got em from Sainsbury's sadly they did not have Darth Vader, whom I've been looking for all weekend.

Rise Against The Empire looks great might grab that next paycheck :)

MrMephistoX

Anyone know what the likely figures for the marvel battlegrounds playset will be? The hulk buster looks fantastic but I don't want to double dip if it will be part of the playset pack.

I think it's just Chris Evans Captain America ? I could google it but what would be the fun in that?

The new Captain America figure will be one of the pack ins. I am pretty sure neither Ultron or Hulkbuster will be the other.

El_Cinefilo

The new Captain America figure will be one of the pack ins. I am pretty sure neither Ultron or Hulkbuster will be the other.

Yeah it would be pretty shady of them to include an already released model with it. I highly doubt they'd do that or even another new version of an existing one like Cap. Isn't Ant-Man meant to be coming? I think that seems the most likely.

Edit: I remember this pic being released a while ago

disney-infinity-ant-man.jpg

Yeah it would be pretty shady of them to include an already released model with it. I highly doubt they'd do that or even another new version of an existing one like Cap. Isn't Ant-Man meant to be coming? I think that seems the most likely.

Edit: I remember this pic being released a while ago

disney-infinity-ant-man.jpg

Yeah, they were originally going to reveal Ant-Man around the same time as Hulkbuster and Ultron I think? And then it seems like Marvel asked them to push him back so he could get an outfit based on his new Civil War costume.

Could be wrong but, seems like he's a potential pack-in alongside the new Cap?

PSqueak

Banned
Hey Disney infinity GAF, i bought the avengers starter pack which is 2.0 for the WII U, and activated a code that supposedly allowed me to download the same game for PC, tho it seems what it actually did is just unlock my characters for the PC version of 3.0 (which has a free to play mode, which i just got too), i was wondering,since this is the DI OT, if there was a way to actually get the version of 2.0 of the app or if it has been permanently replaced by the 3.0 one.

RK128

I don't think so, as that would be odd considering people have been able to get Hulkbuster/Ultron for a while now at retail. My bet is that either Ant-Man or another MCU re-print (maybe MCU Spider-Man?) will come with MCU Cap.

Hey Disney infinity GAF, i bought the avengers starter pack which is 2.0 for the WII U, and activated a code that supposedly allowed me to download the same game for PC, tho it seems what it actually did is just unlock my characters for the PC version of 3.0 (which has a free to play mode, which i just got too), i was wondering,since this is the DI OT, if there was a way to actually get the version of 2.0 of the app or if it has been permanently replaced by the 3.0 one.

Both 1.0 and 2.0 versions are available on the Windows stoe, but they are toybox mode only games, there are no playsets like version 3.0 for PC.

And since 3.0 toybox is the superior version, there are no reasons to play the older versions.

shiba5

If you like the Force Awakens playset then that's good because I think it's actually the weakest of the three Star Wars sets.

You should know that you've started down a long path to an empty wallet.

But you can ride around on a Puffer Pig so it's totally worth it.

PSqueak

Banned
Both 1.0 and 2.0 versions are available on the Windows stoe, but they are toybox mode only games, there are no playsets like version 3.0 for PC.

And since 3.0 toybox is the superior version, there are no reasons to play the older versions.

Noted, tho my PC did have a noticeable slowdown playing the 3.0, might check out if 2.0 runs better.

broz0rs

Anybody else on GAF holding out on Kylo Ren until there's a Light FX version? His hilt is set up perfectly for it.

witness

Anybody else on GAF holding out on Kylo Ren until there's a Light FX version? His hilt is set up perfectly for it.

I would love it but I just didn't have the patience to wait! Very fun character to play and he looks fantastic so no regrets with not waiting. Will gladly double dip. Same goes for (TFA spoilers)
Rey with a lightsaber and force powers.
I'll take a Light FX version of that too.

Gamestop is doing the buy 2 get 3 free on Disney infinity figures and I got a pretty decent amount.

Got
Spiderman
Dash
Gamora
Sorcerer mickey
Vanellope

and at another gamestop I got
Spiderman playset piece
Francesco
Anna
Elsa
Holley

I saw syndrome at one but he was kinda expensive. Anyone recommend him?
Love playing as spiderman so far. Can't wait to try out all the rest.

I had the same problem so I downloaded it from another site. I think that I got it from here:
http://disney-infinity-2-0.en.softonic.com/

curb

Banned
I don't think so, as that would be odd considering people have been able to get Hulkbuster/Ultron for a while now at retail. My bet is that either Ant-Man or another MCU re-print (maybe MCU Spider-Man?) will come with MCU Cap.

My money's still on Scarlet Witch. Black Spidey will sell fine on its own and they know they can't do a round of Marvel characters without a female figure. They don't think female Star Wars/Marvel figures will sell well on their own and Wanda seems like the obvious choice given that she's in Civil War and they already have a Black Widow figure. She'll come with nuCap.

Dispatch

Gamestop is doing the buy 2 get 3 free on Disney infinity figures and I got a pretty decent amount.

Got
Spiderman
Dash
Gamora
Sorcerer mickey
Vanellope

and at another gamestop I got
Spiderman playset piece
Francesco
Anna
Elsa
Holley

I saw syndrome at one but he was kinda expensive. Anyone recommend him?
Love playing as spiderman so far. Can't wait to try out all the rest.

I've been looking for this locally for a few weeks. Sooooo jealous.

I am.. Even though his character
is a little bitch at this point.

I finished the force awakens play set last night and was a little disappointed.. That felt much shorter than the twilight of the republic..

ngower

Is Boba Fett only available in the PS4 Saga bundle, or can I buy him as a separate? It seems like it's more cost-efficient to pick up the starter set and build from there. Am I correct in this assumption?

Is Boba Fett only available in the PS4 Saga bundle, or can I buy him as a separate? It seems like it's more cost-efficient to pick up the starter set and build from there. Am I correct in this assumption?

He will be available separatly later on. There are great deals on the regular starter packs, so if you are not in a hurry to play Fett you should start with it.

Best Buy has the 3.0 playsets on sale for $24.99 each ($19.99 with Gamer's Club Unlocked), and the starter packs for $39.99 ($31.99 GCU). The deluxe pack with Boba Fett isn't on sale, unfortunately.

I had literally just put in an order last night for pickup. Had to call and cancel, but in the end I got all the sets plus a couple toys for cheaper than just the sets would have cost me last night.

RK128

My money's still on Scarlet Witch. Black Spidey will sell fine on its own and they know they can't do a round of Marvel characters without a female figure. They don't think female Star Wars/Marvel figures will sell well on their own and Wanda seems like the obvious choice given that she's in Civil War and they already have a Black Widow figure. She'll come with nuCap.

But she wasn't part of that leak with the other Marvel figures. If she was leaked alongside them, I would agree with you that Scarlet Witch bundling with MCU Cap.

curb

Banned
But she wasn't part of that leak with the other Marvel figures. If she was leaked alongside them, I would agree with you that Scarlet Witch bundling with MCU Cap.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have her design done yet or maybe they were waiting for her Civil War look to be shown.

Edit: also, they need a female figure. They'll catch too much heat if they don't. They'd also catch too much heat for doing a playset packed in with two rehashes.

What was the leak?

Also, I doubt they will rekease MCU Spider-man if they still will release the black suit figure in retail.

One more newb question before I go pick up my order from Best Buy tonight. I bought the 3.0 starter set, can I play 2.0 playsets with it? Was going to grab the Avengers playset 'cause it's on sale for $15 and I have $15 in rewards certificates right now, but if I'll need the 2.0 starter pack to play it then I'll just be buying some more Star Wars characters.

One more newb question before I go pick up my order from Best Buy tonight. I bought the 3.0 starter set, can I play 2.0 playsets with it? Was going to grab the Avengers playset 'cause it's on sale for $15 and I have $15 in rewards certificates right now, but if I'll need the 2.0 starter pack to play it then I'll just be buying some more Star Wars characters.
You can only play 2.0 Play Sets in the 2.0 game but scanning 2.0 figures in the 3.0 game will unlock items in the Toy Box mode.

You can only play 2.0 Play Sets in the 2.0 game but scanning 2.0 figures in the 3.0 game will unlock items in the Toy Box mode.

Laaame. I only really care about Star Wars any way, so I'll just stick with it. I do love Spider-Man, but I'll wait until I can find 2.0 starter super cheap or something. Thanks for the quick reply.

There will be a new Marvel Play Set that is part of Infinity 3.0. It's called Battlegrounds and all existing Marvel characters will work with it so it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up Spider-Man now, in case he becomes hard to find.

That's a lot of money when I just want the Spider-Man toy, especially considering I just paid $20 per set for the Star Wars stuff that I actually want all of. Any chance they'll make more when the new Marvel set comes out for 3.0?

Yes, but spider-man was never released separetely, and the original price of the playset was $35. Sure you missed a lot of sales, but do not expect that a two years old set that is out of print to become cheaper now.

With the upcoming arrival of spider-man in the MCU it will make sense they would release another single pack version (they will not re-release the playset, since it oes mot work in 3.0) since interest will peak. They talked about releasing the special black suit version, but maybe they will scrap that idea snd release a MCU version (no way they will release another two versions).

Sh0k

That's a lot of money when I just want the Spider-Man toy, especially considering I just paid $20 per set for the Star Wars stuff that I actually want all of. Any chance they'll make more when the new Marvel set comes out for 3.0?

Check your local Gamestop's for pre-owned Spiderman, I picked up one yesterday for $11., actually $6.00 with a powerup reward certificate. The figure was in perfect condition.

Now if I can only find a pre-owned Boba Fett :(

El_Cinefilo

I don't need to do it but is it possible to reset a character? I know there are one time use respend points options at level 10 and 20 but if someone used both of those and wanted to change again is the only option to rebuy the character?

WARNING FOR XBOX ONE PLAYERS

I mentioned a few weeks ago that all my game saves just up and disappeared on the Xbox One. Pulling the cloud save to replace the local save didn't fix the problem, either.

Anyway, I've been in contact with Disney Infinity support, and they said there's an issue where game saves can be erased if your hard drive free space is less than 10 GB, which mine likely was. Absolutely ridiculous that such a bug exists, and has existed since launch in August without fixing it OR notifying the userbase, but there you have it. I am not pleased.

WARNING FOR XBOX ONE PLAYERS

I mentioned a few weeks ago that all my game saves just up and disappeared on the Xbox One. Pulling the cloud save to replace the local save didn't fix the problem, either.

Anyway, I've been in contact with Disney Infinity support, and they said there's an issue where game saves can be erased if your hard drive free space is less than 10 GB, which mine likely was. Absolutely ridiculous that such a bug exists, and has existed since launch in August without fixing it OR notifying the userbase, but there you have it. I am not pleased.

Thanks for the head up, my HDD usually is almost full. But if I go over 96% of the internal storage the Xbox OS itself starts to freeze.

Arggg Xbox one voice and character sound effects audio completely cuts out after awhile in a playset. Also the game freezes when exiting a playset to the main menu. It happens almost every time and it's getting annoying.

Also they need to make the main story missions of a playset a differnt color or something in the replay mission list.

Otherwise the games playsets are way better than 2.0 and I'm really enjoying it.

Do u guys think they will ever make the playset forward compatible? My favorite playsets to this day are the 1.0 ones but I don't have a 360 anymore.

fernoca

Do u guys think they will ever make the playset forward compatible? My favorite playsets to this day are the 1.0 ones but I don't have a 360 anymore.
There's always the possibility, but nothing else. For 1.0 there's a bigger possibility as Disney has all the licences, but for 2.0 is a bit messy with the way Marvel licences are handled and how each character is an individual license in some cases (like Sony with Spider-Man).

But we'll see.

If you have a Wii U, you can download 1.0 on the eShop for free.

Durden77

There's some stuff in this game that seems clunky when it shouldn't be unless I'm missing something. Like if I have a playset on the base I can't go into a standard toy box from the hub. And I can't access the community stuff from the hub and the menus for them aren't great.

Pretty much everything should be accessible from the hub. It's a fun place and it's lame have to go out into the main menu for certain things.

Top Bottom