• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

LaNaranja

So about the Force Awakens playset (Star Wars The Force Awakens Movie Spoilers)
does either Finn or Rey have a lightsaber as part of their attacks?

Not sure how sensitive people are to movie spoilers at this point but better safe than sorry.

fernoca

Not sure how sensitive people are to movie spoilers at this point but better safe than sorry.
Finn does. ;)
Though you can also give a green one to any character in the Toy Box. :p

The game was like based on trailers and posters, so there's nothing too spoilery about the movies. :p

MrMephistoX

I would buy a Force FX version of Rey in a heart beat. With all of the#wheresrey back peddling I hope they at least patch her saber in

I wonder if they're waiting for Lego Avengers to release before they talk more about Battlegrounds? Re-watched the footage last night and I'm looking forward to it, I love Power Stone. Wonder if there's anything else to it other than just fighting each other, though. Seeing as how I bought almost all the Star War figures I wouldn't mind if for 4.0 they do the same thing.

Carcetti

Can anyone give me a review of Maleficent and Tinkerbell as playable characters? I mean you can never tell anything about their fun or usefulness by the looks or origin. Elsa for example is pretty boring to play while Rapunzel is amazing (and so OP) for such an early character.

Can anyone give me a review of Maleficent and Tinkerbell as playable characters? I mean you can never tell anything about their fun or usefulness by the looks or origin. Elsa for example is pretty boring to play while Rapunzel is amazing (and so OP) for such an early character.
I haven't played as either much, but Tinkerbell does fly and that's always fun. Maybe I'll mess around with them more tomorrow.

I have the 3.0 playset stand thing will that work with 2.0 figures in a 2.0 game disc or do I need a 2.0 stand too

(I know the 2.0 figures work in the 3.0 game world) but I am interested in the 2.0 etc playset

I have the 3.0 playset stand thing will that work with 2.0 figures in a 2.0 game disc or do I need a 2.0 stand too

(I know the 2.0 figures work in the 3.0 game world) but I am interested in the 2.0 etc playset
The base? It should work fine. They're all the same except the Xbox one and 360 bases which can only be used on their respective consoles. If you're playing 2.0 on the same console as 3.0 you don't need to worry.

also is there a way for you to mess about online with people with it ala minecraft?

Yes. Just invite friends when you're in any toy box. You can have up to 4 players.

Carcetti

I haven't played as either much, but Tinkerbell does fly and that's always fun. Maybe I'll mess around with them more tomorrow.

Thanks! Me and my daughter would love to get some fun flying characters that aren't dudes (I got Ironman and Thor), and I think those two are the only options.

ngower

Didn't see anything in this thread, but apparently all Infinity figures are gonna be $10 at Best Buy starting Sunday. That's $8 after GCU, and Force FX seem to be included.

Also, as clarification, none of the 1.0 or 2.0 sets work with my 3.0 disc, right? Didn't realize that until just now but it seems like if I want to play the Marvel stuff I need to buy the 2.0 disc as well? Seems kinda crappy...oh well...

ascii42

Didn't see anything in this thread, but apparently all Infinity figures are gonna be $10 at Best Buy starting Sunday. That's $8 after GCU, and Force FX seem to be included.

Also, as clarification, none of the 1.0 or 2.0 sets work with my 3.0 disc, right? Didn't realize that until just now but it seems like if I want to play the Marvel stuff I need to buy the 2.0 disc as well? Seems kinda crappy...oh well...

Correct. The only use the 1.0 and 2.0 playlets have in 3.0 is unlocking items for the toy box.

curb

Banned
I thought I'd try the 3.0 Toy Box again on my iPad mini 3 again since it'll never come to Vita but it almost immediately turns my iPad into a fireball. It gets so hot, so fast.

Not cool. Literally.

Meanwhile,
still dreaming of a "proper" saber-ed Rey.

ngower

How likely is it that we'll see an updated version of the character in question, and should we expect any more playsets or similar content? Or is it just characters at this point?

curb

Banned
How likely is it that we'll see an updated version of the character in question, and should we expect any more playsets or similar content? Or is it just characters at this point?

There will absolutely be more Star Wars content/playsets eventually but who knows when. As for a new version of that character - maybe? They haven't redone many characters (just Cap?) But they may want to capitalize on the movie hotness.

I think, given that we're getting a new updated Captain America that reflects his more recent movie design, that there's certainly a chance we'll get updated Star Wars characters when more movies release in the future.

fernoca

There's also Sorcerer Mickey and classic Mickey. And Spider-man has the black Spider-man variant too. So they're open to recolors and updated figures.

ngower

Sorry for berating y'all with questions, but would I need PS+ to access community content? My subscription is expiring next week and I don't really have a use for it at the moment (not playing many online games). Infinity is maybe the only thing that would get use for a few weeks as I tackle my backlog.

Maybe? Hulkbuster seems like a fairly different character than vanilla Iron Man. It's weird. Black suit Spidey is just a recolor but nuCap has new moves as does Buster. I dunno.
Well black Spidey does have a slight difference in his attacks in 3.0. His hold-attack is replaced by an uppercut that leads to an aerial combo. But yeah, not as big of a difference as Hulkbuster.

fernoca

Yeah. The Mickeys also vary too.

But my earlier point is just that...like with most things in gaming, logic or common sense don't apply. :p

So a character could be released again with a different color and nothing else, or could be redesigned a bit with some changes in gameplay too.

Like in the Lego games they could even make a Bruce Banner as a new character that transforms at will into Hulk. Or have the different colored Iron Mans as new figures too.

Such things as "well they already released X character so that leaves X out" can't be used to explain things. :p

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'd buy that with or without Light FX in a heartbeat.

Do they make non Light FX versions of the same characters? Like Yoda for instance, or Obi-Wan... do they have a Light FX version and a non-Light FX version? Want to make sure I get the right ones.

And if not, I assume the one's in the Starter Kit (Anakin and Tano are Light FX?)

ngower

Do they make non Light FX versions of the same characters? Like Yoda for instance, or Obi-Wan... do they have a Light FX version and a non-Light FX version? Want to make sure I get the right ones.

And if not, I assume the one's in the Starter Kit (Anakin and Tano are Light FX?)

The Light FX characters are exclusive to certain retailers in the US:

Luke Skywalker – Walmart
Yoda – Target
Obi-Wan Kenobi – GameStop
Darth Vader – Toys ‘R’ Us
Anakin Skywalker – Best Buy
Kanan Jarrus – Amazon

It has a sticker on the box indicating it's a Light FX version and I believe they're a few dollars more than traditional figures. So in this instance, Anakin is the only character that you can get for $10 ($8) as you wouldn't be able to price-match retailer exclusives or purchase them at Best Buy.

And no, the playset does not include FX versions.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The Light FX characters are exclusive to certain retailers in the US:

Luke Skywalker – Walmart
Yoda – Target
Obi-Wan Kenobi – GameStop
Darth Vader – Toys ‘R’ Us
Anakin Skywalker – Best Buy
Kanan Jarrus – Amazon

It has a sticker on the box indicating it's a Light FX version and I believe they're a few dollars more than traditional figures. So in this instance, Anakin is the only character that you can get for $10 ($8) as you wouldn't be able to price-match retailer exclusives or purchase them at Best Buy.

And no, the playset does not include FX versions.

Gotcha... those crafty devil's! Thanks for the info.

Is there a database or a site everyone uses for what characters are out, etc? Like a Wikia?

Possible stupid question alert:

Does the game have to be running for the fx characters to light up, or will they work as long as the system is on?

fernoca

Possible stupid question alert:

Does the game have to be running for the fx characters to light up, or will they work as long as the system is on?
Well, the base auto-shutdowns when you turn the system and the game off.

Now, if you want to have it always on, you can do so but you'll need one of the bases from Skylanders. Any will do and just plug it to an USB port of an electronic device that is always on (like a router); plugging using one of those USB power supply adapters doesn't work. Of the Skylanders bases, only the one from Superchargers doesn't lit up. So you can have it always on and no additional lights bothering or changing colors.

5toKE4U.jpg

Well, the base auto-shutdowns when you turn the system and the game off.

Now, if you want to have it always on, you can do so but you'll need one of the bases from Skylanders. Any will do and just plug it to an USB port of an electronic device that is always on (like a router); plugging using one of those USB power supply adapters doesn't work. Of the Skylanders bases, only the one from Superchargers doesn't lit up. So you can have it always on and no additional lights bothering or changing colors.

Ok thanks for the explanation. But basically, it sounds like I could be using my ps4 for, say, netflix and the characters will light up. I

Solo figure releases and Marvel power disc pack contents leaked.

Upcoming solo figures:
Marvel:
- Vision
- Ant Man
- Black Panther
- Black Suit Spider-Man

Disney Originals:
- Baloo (classic Jungle Book)
Power Disc Pack contents:
- Cosmic Cube
- Nova Force
- Darkhawk (summon?)
- Ghost Rider's Motorcycle
Still no word on who's included in the Marvel Battlegrounds set alongside Cap

Solo figure releases and Marvel power disc pack contents leaked.

Upcoming solo figures:
Marvel:
- Vision
- Ant Man
- Black Panther
- Black Suit Spider-Man

Disney Originals:
- Baloo (classic Jungle Book)
Power Disc Pack contents:
- Cosmic Cube
- Nova Force
- Darkhawk (summon?)
- Ghost Rider's Motorcycle
Still no word on who's included in the Marvel Battlegrounds set alongside Cap

Baloo is a great addition.

But I was hoping for a MCU spider instead of black suit one.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Why do that when they can make good on releasing the black suit one and then turn around and sell us a third Spidey with the MCU look.
And I will buy everyone!
Has the black costume Spidey a different pose?

Are there pics for the other ones, yet?

curb

Banned
Fingers crossed for the Winter Soldier.

I'm still getting on Scarlet Witch coming with new Cap. They can talk about their female players and not out a single female figure.

And I will buy everyone!
Has the black costume Spidey a different pose?

Are there pics for the other ones, yet?

If it's the one that comes with the Vita version then it's the same pose as the other Spidey.

curb

Banned
do you guys play the campaign on medium or hard difficulty?

When I was playing a lot I would have it on the hardest difficulty. These days I'm playing more casually so the medium level is fine unless I feel like a challenge and then I'll bump it up one.

Top Bottom