• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

RedStep

Pics of the new figures (Battlegrounds pic is not available yet):

Baloo
iUpPUi3.jpg

Judy Hopps (Zootopia)
e50rtY5.jpg

Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
1MQ5LPt.jpg

Black Suit Spider-Man
PvT5ivj.jpg

Ant-Man
hIMLd12.jpg

Black Panther
WjJazBh.jpg

Vision
DBN9H8F.jpg

Boba Fett
lPLR9Jw.jpg

These are up for preorder at B&H Photo

MAtgS

I'm still getting on Scarlet Witch coming with new Cap. They can talk about their female players and not out a single female figure.

At this point I figure Disney just doesn't want to bother with the legal issues with the twins. Sure they're in Lego Avengers but that game's direct adapting the movies so they pretty much have to be there. It might be a pain in the ass process to go through every time Disney puts them in something so Disney picks their battles.

So what does that leave? Captain Marvel? Wasp? Longshots Spider-Gwen or Squirrel Girl?

What is that little speaker thing on some of them? Does that mean they make noise?

Apparently that symbol is used to indicate when an internet connection is required for an update to the game to enable using the character.

As in, the data for these guys is not on the game disc and will be delivered via patch. So they wanted to warn folks who might not have their consoles online 24/7

curb

Banned
At this point I figure Disney just doesn't want to bother with the legal issues with the twins. Sure they're in Lego Avengers but that game's direct adapting the movies so they pretty much have to be there. It might be a pain in the ass process to go through every time Disney puts them in something so Disney picks their battles.

So what does that leave? Captain Marvel? Wasp? Longshots Spider-Gwen or Squirrel Girl?

Marvel has the merchandising rights I believe so I don't think that will be an issue.

curb

Banned
It's about time we got a decent look at those new Marvel figures. I really like the three new ones. I likely won't be able to resist getting Ant-Man, Vision and Black Panther.

curb

Banned
I was just looking at those new packaging pics again and I think it's funny that Ant-Man and Black Panther are named as such but the last is "Marvel's Vision".

I was just looking at those new packaging pics again and I think it's funny that Ant-Man and Black Panther are named as such but the last is "Marvel's Vision".

That's usually an indication that they don't own the trademark for just "Vision", and have to add the "Marvel's" part.

kudoboi

for someone on a tight budget, those star wars expansions are really expansive. Should I get the expansions or the playsets? and how long are the star wars rise against the empire and the force awaken playsets?

Here's a free PC web code for the Rey and Finn Force Awakens playset for anyone who wants it:

Use quote to view and please say if you used it.

May the Force be with you!

So, I bought this over the weekend even though I had no idea what it was aside from something like the toybox mode from Toy Story 3, and I have a few questions.

In terms of add on levels I can only use the things from 3.0 right, and if so, what are the levels with Luke and Leia, and the toybox takeover and speedway like?

How large a level can I make? I want to make a sort of Jak/Banjo styled thing, but I'm not sure how big I can actually make it.

Also, how do I get the Nightmare before Christmas and The Lion King sky and textures?

Rootbeer

Banned
Black Panther is a gorgeous figure. Surprised how much I like Ant Man, he translated super well to this style

I love that they are not afraid to do "internet access required" characters now. hopefully they will do that with playsets too, so we can get more richer playsets that aren't rushed to be finished in time to put on the disc even though the playset may not release for another 4 to 6 months.

So, I bought this over the weekend even though I had no idea what it was aside from something like the toybox mode from Toy Story 3, and I have a few questions.

In terms of add on levels I can only use the things from 3.0 right, and if so, what are the levels with Luke and Leia, and the toybox takeover and speedway like?

The playsets, like the one that comes with Luke and Leia, are basically campaigns. They are developed separately from the toy box and are limited to characters from that particular series. They can be played in split screen with a 2nd player. Takeover and Speedway are toy box games built using the toy box engine. Any character can be used and they offer online co-op with up to 4 players.

How large a level can I make? I want to make a sort of Jak/Banjo styled thing, but I'm not sure how big I can actually make it.
It depends what you place in the toy box. Certain objects will bottleneck performance. System resources include cpu, gpu, A.I., network performance etc. How big your toy box is physically is generally determined by gpu though, and how densely you populate it. It's not Minecraft levels, obviously, but it's enough to have fun with. You can have multiple toy boxes load into each other though, like travelling between them.

Also, how do I get the Nightmare before Christmas and The Lion King sky and textures?
From the blind packs. Lion King is from 2.0 Disney Originals pack. NBC is from 1.0, I think series 1... Basically you want to eBay them.

The playsets, like the one that comes with Luke and Leia, are basically campaigns. They are developed separately from the toy box and are limited to characters from that particular series. They can be played in split screen with a 2nd player. Takeover and Speedway are toy box games built using the toy box engine. Any character can be used and they offer online co-op with up to 4 players.

It depends what you place in the toy box. Certain objects will bottleneck performance. System resources include cpu, gpu, A.I., network performance etc. How big your toy box is physically is generally determined by gpu though, and how densely you populate it. It's not Minecraft levels, obviously, but it's enough to have fun with. You can have multiple toy boxes load into each other though, like travelling between them.

From the blind packs. Lion King is from 2.0 Disney Originals pack. NBC is from 1.0, I think series 1... Basically you want to eBay them.

Cool, thanks for that. The multiple level thing sounds useful.

I'm gonna have to dig into the game properly. I didn't expect it to be as complicated as it is.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well it's POSSIBLE, the upcoming black suit spider-man once came with a playset bundle. Doesn't seem likely in the near future though

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Well it's POSSIBLE, the upcoming black suit spider-man once came with a playset bundle. Doesn't seem likely in the near future though

Meh, so I still have to rely on Ebay. This sucks. At this point, I really dont think that I will get my classic Spider-Man...

Is there a chance we get Playset figures like Iron Man or Finn and Rey as stand alone?

It's weird that Ironman doesn't have a proper standalone( or Widow for that matter), considering that Thor does and he was part of the starter set. But then, there's also a separate Avengers playset that features only Iron man and Widow. You could always buy him separately used if that's any option, same with Finn and Rey. Or with the later two, wait till you can get the TFA playset for $20 which pretty much equates to getting those two for $10 a piece, plus you get the playset piece( which can be sold if not needed).

I hope we get more playsets like toy box takeover. The game really shines with that 80/20 combat/platforming mix..

The fetch quests from the main Star Wars campaign are so dull in comparison

Best Buy having 3.0 stuff for $7.99 got me to finish my Star Wars collection:

Don't care about any of the rebels characters since I've never watched the show, so, done.

Decided to go hunt at GameStop for a Spider-Man figure and scored very well. I didn't see any used DI stuff so I asked the guy at the counter, he said they don't sell used stuff in store, but he thought there was a bag in the back that was waiting to be shipped off that he'd sell if they had it. So, he went back and brought me a bag filled with stuff, including Spider-Man. Then he informed me they were all buy 2 get 3 for free, so I paid for the Spider-Man Play Piece and Jack Skellington, and got Iron Fist, Spider-Man, and Nova for free:

$28 for all five pieces. Not bad considering what the Spider-Man stuff goes for online.

Nice haul ^

Do we know for sure whether Kylo Ren is/isn't getting a light FX version? I'd like to take advantage of the current bestbuy promotion selling the figures for $9.99,and I'd hate to get Kylo only to see a light fx version come out( trying to avoid double dips).

El_Cinefilo

Nice haul ^

Do we know for sure whether Kylo Ren is/isn't getting a light FX version? I'd like to take advantage of the current bestbuy promotion selling the figures for $9.99,and I'd hate to get Kylo only to see a light fx version come out( trying to avoid double dips).

Not confirmed but very likely. There's a space in his Hall of heroes statue to indicate he's getting one.

curb

Banned
After 20 minutes of waiting I finally managed to get one game in Flynn's Arcade. 9 matches to go for that trophy that I will never have the patience to get.

In other news, Kylo Ren is awesome.

Yeah. It's the options in the main menu.

I found it on 2.0, but I didn't see it in 3.0. Even then, it only reset the characters level, not ownership. I assume this can't be changed, and that there's no downside to sharing ownership anyway?

Also, holy fuck at the compression and framerate in the opening video to the Spider-Man set.

Ugh. That Best Buy sale is mighty tempting. I want to get Darth Maul and Kylo Ren.

Also is it strange I want Light FX Anakin after I already have a normal one? What do >_<

Didn't Mabel from Gravity Falls win a poll? I thought we were getting her. Baloo is cool, though. Kinda not feeling the air conditioner vents on Black Panther and the lines all over Vision's face.

CitrusStorm

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't Mabel from Gravity Falls win a poll? I thought we were getting her. Baloo is cool, though. Kinda not feeling the air conditioner vents on Black Panther and the lines all over Vision's face.

Peter Pan was the announced winner I think,

Peter Pan was the decided character from a closed-door meeting of 20 or so Toybox builders who were invited to an event to decide on a figure to make.

Separate from that rather buggy and glitchy online poll where Mabel seemed to be on the top.

Not confirmed but very likely. There's a space in his Hall of heroes statue to indicate he's getting one.

Ok cool thanks, guess I'll wait then....

Also is it strange I want Light FX Anakin after I already have a normal one?

You could always sell the normal Anakin, though with the FX version existence you won't get much( plus being part of the starter set, so it's just a very common figure). Personally I'm buying ala carte to avoid any duplicates, so I'm planning on buying Light FX Anakin and Luke plus their respective playset pieces, as opposed to the full playsets.

mreddie

"Hmmm, we always added 2 figures and a playset but we already are launching the majority of Civil War characters seperately...who's missing, Panther, Vision, Ant-Man, Spider Man, Agent 13 and Bucky are just Cap and Widow, wait, isn't there another character in the movie?...OH I KNOW!

LET'S SHIP IT WITH JUST CAP AND THE PLAYSET!"

CZGeky3WwAA8lX8.jpg

RK128

"Hmmm, we always added 2 figures and a playset but we already released the majority of Civil War characters...who's missing, Panther, Vision, Ant-Man, Spider Man, Agent 13 and Bucky are just Cap and Widow, wait, isn't there another character in the movie?...OH I KNOW!

CZGeky3WwAA8lX8.jpg

"We could put Scarlet Witch with the MCU Cap for the play....."

"NO! We have enough female Marvel heroes :D!"

"We only have two though.....and they are bundled with playsets :l."

"Nah, that's enough ;)"

".....We are supposed to be a good icon for females, right?"

"Of course! We have power disks for other female Marvel heroes. Isn't that enough?"

"I'm done man, see you latter."

Like I said in the past, always felt the Marvel IP inclusion in Infinity felt more forced and restrictive compared to Star Wars, Disney and Pixar. So them not pushing another female hero isn't shocking honestly. Not even a re-print of Black Widow or something....

"Hmmm, we always added 2 figures and a playset but we already are launching the majority of Civil War characters seperately...who's missing, Panther, Vision, Ant-Man, Spider Man, Agent 13 and Bucky are just Cap and Widow, wait, isn't there another character in the movie?...OH I KNOW!

CZGeky3WwAA8lX8.jpg

You have to be kidding me...

Top Bottom