• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Just got back from Gamestop. There was one other person (a 20-something couple, they were just big Disney fans, really). The dude working was bummed he had to wait til 5 to get out and go play the game.

Violet was only on pre-order, so yes, she seems like she might be elusive, so i just picked up Dash, and got an extra power-pack on top of my free one. I opened up and i already have a double of Carl's Cane, but on my 2nd pack, popped open a rare! Got the Astro-Blaster car! (Also, the rare's have a lenticular, if that wasn't known).

Pretty pumped to actually play the game now, though.

Also, if anyone needs the Carl's Cane disc, i will trade for literally any other disc, since i only have the Nemo and the Tangled Texture discs.

Pachimari

GI review and test chamber go live at 12 cst
How many hours left? 9 then?

So here's my launch day experience...

Went to Toys "R" Us a few minutes after opening. There was a huge banner in front of the store advertising the game. I went in and it was not busy at all. There was one guy with his son at the Disney Infinity section, which by the way is massive and takes up like a whole aisle. I picked up the Wii U starter pack, the figures for Violet and the exclusive Lightning McQueen (wasn't going to get this but the buy one, get one 50% off tempted me), and then one exclusive power disc pack and one regular power disc pack. At the register, I had to get the starter pack separate to use for the 20% off coupon I had because the system was trying to count it with the buy one get one 50% off stuff.

Then went to Target across the street. Saw the same guy with his son and I told him about Wal-Mart's site having the 3 packs for $15. I picked up the Cars play set, and both 3 packs. Much smaller section here compared to Toys "R" Us, basically was half an aisle with Skylanders taking up the other half. Went to customer service for the price match (the other guy with his son followed too since he was doing the same) and was told the Cars set was street dated for October 14th. So they called someone and after a while said it was a nationwide issue (as others here are reporting) and come back by like 11 or so, and it should be resolved. I was annoyed, but I really need to save money so I gave them my name and they held the item for me. I'll see if I can swing by later today for it.

So yea, now I'm going to record an unboxing video and have some fun with this stuff.
Please share it when your video is ready. :)

The game is not out here until Tuesday.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
No reviews is worrying me, otherwise I'd go out and buy it now.

I know people can't break NDA, but can we at least get a, "It's worth it" or "It's good?"

Yaari

Is the game any good or do people just collect the figures? It seems really child/family oriented. My daughter may like it. Seems pricey though.

Not really any reviews out yet. But so far I've not seen many people that bought the figures without the game.

And yeah it can definitely get expensive.

gotee12

I created this Google spreadsheet the other day to assist with trading. Quote this post to see it. The link is in between the email tags.

God help me.

IMAG0287.jpg

I couldn't wait and had to go to Wal Mart last night at midnight to see if anything was there and low and behold they had stuff out.

Got the 360 Starter Pack and Davy Jones. They gave me a $15 credit card. I guess that was part of their deal.

No Figure Packs, Discs, or Playsets were out. But I'll go to Target for those and hope sometime today they have the 1/2 off figure packs out by then.

Only me and one other couple were there.

Yuripaw

Banned
I didn't expect it would have a huge launch rush but the sales should be massive over Christmas you'd hope

Yeah, the lukewarm reception at store openings isn't that surprising to me at all. Skylanders was the same way when it came out...once all the kids became aware of it's existance, then they started selling like crazy.

Dragoshi1

Time for my escapades.

I went to Target and picked up my copy for Wii U, along with Randall as my free fig, a power disc pack(which was also free), and the Lone Ranger playset.

I then went to Walmart, hoping to get the $14.99 Sidekicks pack, but came to see....this abysmal layout.

JMEauS6.jpg

This was LITERALLY all Walmart had. No accessories, no 3 character packs, what you see is the entirety of their Infinity stock.

I then went to TRU, and got Crystal lightning and Violet. Plus the TRU gold disc pack and a normal pack.

So here's my loot;

hjPUuSz.jpg

As for the discs? I think I got some decent ones.

hw28rWL.jpg

Alice in Wonderland landscape
Carl's cane
Cinderella's carriage
A round doc hudson disc
RARE DUMBO MOUNT WHOOP WHOOP
Mike's Car *TRU exclusive for now
Mickey's Jalopy

Yuripaw

Banned
Time for my escapades.

God I love looking at pictures people post :) Even though I'll have all the stuff in my hands soon enough, I just love seeing the pics people take of this stuff.

I really hope I get one of the Nightmare Before Christmas discs in one of my packs >_< that sky looked so awesome when I saw it.

God I love looking at pictures people post :) Even though I'll have all the stuff in my hands soon enough, I just love seeing the pics people take of this stuff.

I really hope I get one of the Nightmare Before Christmas discs in one of my packs >_< that sky looked so awesome when I saw it.

It's exciting coming into this thread and seeing all of the photos. I'm hoping for Tron related discs. Will have my fingers crossed when I pick up some boosters later in the week when it launches here.

Yuripaw

Banned
Well, I have 12 of 18 of the non-TRU disks.

Not bad...I wonder what the Scrooge's Lucky Dime one is all about.

Edit: Looking at what's shown...I'm guessing the Nightmare Before Christmas disc is not part of the first wave. I'm surprised they showed it in that giantbomb quick look so long ago...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got back from Walmart with great success!

3 packs were $15, and they matched Target for the playlets! So that's $65 for all 3-packs and sets. So I guess I'll just keep the singles I get through my Amazon preorder. Even the minimal restocking or shipping fee will be pennies compared to the crazy savings today has yielded.

Memles

Curiosity got the better of me, so I'm leaving the excursion with a Wii U Starter Pack (with 20% off coupon), Violet/Dash, two Disc pack things (all from TRU), Lone Ranger playset from Target, and then back-ordered in-store pickup of the two three-packs at Wal-Mart (which, based on their anemic stock at this stage, is listing 23rd/29th).

Toys R Us is definitely the flagship: nearly an entire aisle of stock, with tons of every figure, tons of the exclusive, and sizable stock of each of the different versions (although heavy on Wii, which I'm guessing they're basing on Skylanders sales patterns). There was one couple buying one before me - I saw minimal evidence any large number of people had been there. Target was lighter in terms of stock (and appeared to have taken the Cars playsets off the shelves unless they had sold out in the hour they were open).

All told, happy to have saved like $75 off MSRP. A little ashamed I spent $130 on a single game (albeit with some new office trinkets as part of the bargain). Thanks to those in the thread whose deals/chatter forced my hand on this one.

Anyone get any other Target exclusive discs besides Mike's car? I only bought one of their packs and I got it but stupid me left behind my crystal car so I got to go back and I'm not sure if I should pick up more or just the regular packs. Don't want to get a bunch of his car.

Oh and I have an extra Carl Fredricksen's Cane so I'll be able to trade later if anyone's interested.

"View Only" problem on the Google spreadsheet fixed. I missed the "view only/edit" drop down when I shared it. Apologies...

edit: Once again, quote this post to see the link between the email tags...

Thanks for this! Is selling cool too, or just trading? I'm thinking a 1$ for each one seems fair, considering you get two for 5 bucks total, and they're random.

Anyone get any other Target exclusive discs besides Mike's car? I only bought one of their packs and I got it but stupid me left behind my crystal car so I got to go back and I'm not sure if I should pick up more or just the regular packs. Don't want to get a bunch of his car.

I'm assuming you mean TrU not Target, but every TrU exclusive disc pack has Mike's Car. That's the only exclusive disc for now. So just buy one of those and any others get the regular disc packs.

Urg tru had no Lone Ranger sets. Target is all out... So now I'm waiting at Walmart for an employee to come in and pull one out of the back. Sheesh!

I got everything except for the Lone Ranger set for 220. That's including 12 power packs and the limited lighting from TRU. Not sure how lol!

Frazley

I am going to love and hate power disc packs. I'm going to hate getting duplicates, but I am going to love having a small priced impulse buy when I go to the store now. Until I get all of the discs.

Redshirt

Banned
I just got the Cars play set from a Target in Eastern NC.

Target is still having an issue with the SKU, but the salesperson was nice enough to ring up the Lone Ranger set twice for me.

I am going to love and hate power disc packs. I'm going to hate getting duplicates, but I am going to love having a small priced impulse buy when I go to the store now. Until I get all of the discs.

Exactly the same way I feel. I did have a rage moment today when I opened one and it had two Finding Nemo sky themes. That's just mean Disney...

Not sure if this was asked, but is there a point to buying more than one of the TRU exclusive disc packs? Does each one contain mike's car and then a random disc? Or is there a chance you DONT get Mike's car.

gotee12

Not sure if this was asked, but is there a point to buying more than one of the TRU exclusive disc packs? Does each one contain mike's car and then a random disc? Or is there a chance you DONT get Mike's car.

So far, everything I've read is people getting Mike's car in the exclusive pack. My exclusive pack had Mike's car as well (and is the reason I only purchased one).

RkOwnage

Just got back from my Infinity trip, spent a good bit of money today, but as a hardcore Disney fan, it was all worth it. I am excited to get started on this game, and if it wasn't for homework, our yearly fantasy football draft this afternoon (I'm the commish, yo!) and Breaking Bad, I'd be playing this bad boy right now.

I do have to complain about a scalper at Walmart. I preordered the game at GameStop (good friend is the manager, so I like to help him with preorders!) and then went to Walmart, intending to have them price match the Lone Ranger and Cars playsets. I get there, and there is one other dude in the section, grabbing every LR and Cars set, and loading them into his cart. He bought 7 of each, cleaned the shelf out, and just grinned like a douche at me. He price matched them, and left. I informed him what a POS I thought he was, and his response was "I'm a piece of shit that's going to make a lot of money..."

Douchebags man...

Anyhow, I picked around 8 power disc packs, and all the available characters. Ready to give Disney my money, hope I'm rewarded with a good fun game!

BTW is there a trading thread for the Power Discs, or do I need to make one and manage a Google Doc? Let me know, I have some extras I want to trade!! Thanks!

Just got back from my Infinity trip, spent a good bit of money today, but as a hardcore Disney fan, it was all worth it. I am excited to get started on this game, and if it wasn't for homework, our yearly fantasy football draft this afternoon (I'm the commish, yo!) and Breaking Bad, I'd be playing this bad boy right now.

I do have to complain about a scalper at Walmart. I preordered the game at GameStop (good friend is the manager, so I like to help him with preorders!) and then went to Walmart, intending to have them price match the Lone Ranger and Cars playsets. I get there, and there is one other dude in the section, grabbing every LR and Cars set, and loading them into his cart. He bought 7 of each, cleaned the shelf out, and just grinned like a douche at me. He price matched them, and left. I informed him what a POS I thought he was, and his response was "I'm a piece of shit that's going to make a lot of money..."

Douchebags man...

Anyhow, I picked around 8 power disc packs, and all the available characters. Ready to give Disney my money, hope I'm rewarded with a good fun game!

BTW is there a trading thread for the Power Discs, or do I need to make one and manage a Google Doc? Let me know, I have some extras I want to trade!! Thanks!

Just don't let folk like that get to you

Cocks like that ruin things for most others but if making a couple of hundred dollars is so much of a big deal to them then fuck em

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Day one patch on Wii U.

Epic opening music (honestly love it!)

About to dive in. Got the starter, Violet, and pogs were Cinderella's/Mike's/Mickey's cars (seriously!!?!?!?) and Wreck It Ralph paint kit.

Yaari

Bleh I can see myself going nuts with those power discs aswell, I've always been an easy victim for collectible stuff :(.

Oh man, starting to see you guys post power discs is getting to me. I think I may pick up a second disc pack at when I pick up my GS pre-order if they have extras.

Top Bottom