• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Soo...I feel like I gotta ask...is everyone here buying this for their kids...or is anyone else a big kid like me, and just buying it for themselves? lol

I'm getting it for myself. My wife and I are playing it together. I love buying games that are just simple fun with a touch of whimsy. I enjoy my GTAs, Red Deads and Dragon Crowns but I need a palette cleanser from time to time too.

Soo...I feel like I gotta ask...is everyone here buying this for their kids...or is anyone else a big kid like me, and just buying it for themselves? lol

I'm 22, buying it for myself. I already like a great deal of Disney stuff, liked what Avalanche did on the TS3 game, and I love the concept of physical items interacting with games (and I am glad that it is seemingly being done better than Skylanders). I also think the Toy Box tools are fucking bananas and really want to mess with that stuff.

Triz

ku-medium.jpg

Tiny415

Neo Member

This is a girlfriend and I purchase (both 30 year olds), though I justify it to myself, because my niece and nephew come over regularly

Yuripaw

Banned
Alright, cool ^_^ I'm just glad to find out I'm not the only person who isn't like "I'm buying this for my kids..." I love Disney movies and characters, and while I feel perfectly fine buying this stuff, it sucks that I feel too awkward to go a kids movie by myself.

Rootbeer

Banned
Alright, cool ^_^ I'm just glad to find out I'm not the only person who isn't like "I'm buying this for my kids..." I love Disney movies and characters, and while I feel perfectly fine buying this stuff, it sucks that I feel too awkward to go a kids movie by myself.

Hey, it may be kid-friendly and marketed heavily towards kids but most disney stuff is on a level that most adults definitely get something out of it.

disney-subliminal-message-lion-king-sex-11.jpg

Yuripaw

Banned
Lol yeah, but even beyond that stuff there are just some really great Disney movies. I'm a guy, and I'm not ashamed to admit that one of my favorite movies is Beauty and the Beast <3

The store that I work at only has the Starter Packs on order. :/ I'm hoping we still receive figure and adventure packs at launch, otherwise I'll have to try my luck elsewhere.

Also, I'm twenty-six, male and buying this for myself. I don't have kids. ;) I understand there is a certain stigmata or image attached to these things, but I love Disney. Looking forward to the expansion of franchises that will most certainly come later.

I'm only buying one of the playsets tomorrow from Target. I'll probably be able to get the other set after payday (which is before the sale ends). I'm wondering which play set I should get: Cars or The Lone Ranger?

I'm only buying one of the playsets tomorrow from Target. I'll probably be able to get the other set after payday (which is before the sale ends). I'm wondering which play set I should get: Cars or The Lone Ranger?

Someone posted earlier in the thread that the Lone Ranger set had been received very positively by play testers. Are you fond of the Cars franchise? I'm leaning more towards it myself.

Someone posted earlier in the thread that the Lone Ranger set had been received very positively by play testers. Are you fond of the Cars franchise? I'm leaning more towards it myself.

Not really a Car fan but I do love cars and racing games in general. I didn't see The Lone Ranger, mainly because of the bad reviews but I do like the wild west theme of it. One of the things that sold me was when John V. mentioned that a kid who was testing the game shouted that the game was a lot like Red Dead Redemption but his mom would actually let him play it,lol.

Yuripaw

Banned
I was actually excited at the idea of getting the Lone Ranger playset, because I REALLY liked that movie. I am so confused why it wasn't received well. It was a fun action movie I thought, and it wasn't completely mindless like some movies made these days.

NEO0MJ

Hey, it may be kid-friendly and marketed heavily towards kids but most disney stuff is on a level that most adults definitely get something out of it.

disney-subliminal-message-lion-king-sex-11.jpg

Didn't that turn out to be SFX?

Lol yeah, but even beyond that stuff there are just some really great Disney movies. I'm a guy, and I'm not ashamed to admit that one of my favorite movies is Beauty and the Beast <3

No shame in loving Beauty and the Beast, after all it has one of Disney's finest villains, Gaston!

Not really a Car fan but I do love cars and racing games in general. I didn't see The Lone Ranger, mainly because of the bad reviews but I do like the wild west theme of it. One of the things that sold me was when John V. mentioned that a kid who was testing the game shouted that the game was a lot like Red Dead Redemption but his mom would actually let him play it,lol.

I hadn't heard that. RDR is actually one of my favourite games these generation. That changes everything. Lol. I do think by association with the film, it won't be as popular. There's also the possibility that they won't ship as many/it won't be as readily available as a result.

I hadn't heard that. RDR is actually one of my favourite games these generation. That changes everything. Lol. I do think by association with the film, it won't be as popular. There's also the possibility that they won't ship as many/it won't be as readily available as a result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zckjx86QcA

John V. actually starts talking about it about 5:40 seconds in. It's kindof funny. It kindof sold me on this playset.

I was actually excited at the idea of getting the Lone Ranger playset, because I REALLY liked that movie. I am so confused why it wasn't received well. It was a fun action movie I thought, and it wasn't completely mindless like some movies made these days.

I guess I'll have to check it out when it comes out on Blu Ray. Armie Hammer is a decent actor and I do enjoy a good Westerner. Shoot, I even liked Wild, Wild West ,lol.

Yuripaw

Banned
Still a little less than 6 more hours til stores open...ugh, what to do. I fell asleep earlier, and am still wide awake lol

Memles

So my hopes of some 12am pacific reviews didn't pan out. Willing to blind buy based on the power of sheer curiosity, but hoping that someone—anyone—gets something up before later this morning.

So I actually re-ordered the Crystal McQueen for store-pickup and it hasn't been canceled, which is nice. Guess all will be revealed when I head in tomorrow (today?!) AM!

I really hope the nonsense about the TRU exclusive power discs ONLY have Mike's car isn't true. I ordered 5 online and will probably pick up a couple tomorrow. I find it really hard to believe that they only have the one...I've read there are TEN exclusive discs in wave 1.

Yuripaw

Banned
So I actually re-ordered the Crystal McQueen for store-pickup and it hasn't been canceled, which is nice. Guess all will be revealed when I head in tomorrow (today?!) AM!

I really hope the nonsense about the TRU exclusive power discs ONLY have Mike's car isn't true. I ordered 5 online and will probably pick up a couple tomorrow. I find it really hard to believe that they only have the one...I've read there are TEN exclusive discs in wave 1.

when did you order the original order that was canceled? I did mine about 2 hours ago, and it hasn't been canceled yet, but I wonder if it's because of the late hour.

hoping for some reviews. stalking all the usual places

anyway here's a recent video walkthrough i found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TNbTJaC4fNM

platform is ps3 if anyone cares. hoping to find more Wii U videos

Oooo, thanks. Something to watch ^_^

when did you order the original order that was canceled? I did mine about 2 hours ago, and it hasn't been canceled yet, but I wonder if it's because of the late hour.

The first order was around 9:30PM and it was canceled at 9:55PM. Re-ordered at 10:18PM and haven't had a cancellation.

Sioen

Man that video looked amazing, that intro! ;o
However I am actually not self confident enough probably to buy this myself.. Maybe I'll let my gf buy it. :p
Also if I understand correctly, if I buu this on Wii u Ican play with 360,ps3 owners their creations?

Yuripaw

Banned
Man that video looked amazing, that intro! ;o
However I am actually not self confident enough probably to buy this myself.. Maybe I'll let my gf buy it. :p
Also if I understand correctly, if I buu this on Wii u Ican play with 360,ps3 owners their creations?

Yep! Toybox creations are shared across all platforms :)

Sioen

Yep! Toybox creations are shared across all platforms :)
Cool and if I just buy the different toybox sets en not all the figures, will I be able to play all of them then? Sorry if I'm asking the same questions as everyone but I got pumped.;)

Walmart is selling play sets for 20 and 3 packs of characters for 15, available to order now at those prices. Hilariously the singles are as much as the villains and sidekicks packs. Whelp I wasn't gonna do the 3 packs just yet but at 50 percent off I cannot deny them.

Yuripaw

Banned
So I don't know if there is gonna be a separate thread for this, but I could use some Wii U friends that are planning on getting this game as well. My NNID is the same as my gaf name, so if you wanna look me up on miiverse, please send me a friend request :) Not sure what can all be done online, but I'd like to play sometime.

RobbieNick

Great sales on Walmart's site. They just saved me having to make an early trip to Target. Now I can get some sleep!

So I don't know if there is gonna be a separate thread for this, but I could use some Wii U friends that are planning on getting this game as well. My NNID is the same as my gaf name, so if you wanna look me up on miiverse, please send me a friend request :) Not sure what can all be done online, but I'd like to play sometime.

4-player online in Toy Box. I think it's cross platform in that regard too. Name's ShigsMadoo on WiiU.

Yuripaw

Banned
4-player online in Toy Box. I think it's cross platform in that regard too. Name's ShigsMadoo on WiiU.

Would love to play sometime then. Toybox looks fun, but not so much solo, lol. I'm not really a very creative person, so making stuff in toybox will not really be my strength, but I'd enjoy messing around with other people in toybox.

SHarris78

A separate friends thread would be handy, though i still have decided whether to buy yet!

Its not out until Friday here in the UK, so i'll check some impressions between now and then. My daughter will enjoy it regardless of how good a 'game' it actually is, but in all honestly, if I buy it'll be mainly for myself, and for that reason I need to know if the game is actually any good.

Rocky

Banned
I'm a big Disney fan but for some reason I can't get excited for this game even though I want to be. The starter pack and launch offerings seems very underwhelming to me, not to mention that it will be October when other packs will be released.

I'm a big Toy Story fan too, but was disappointed to hear that the Toy Story pack is "in Space." Why does it have to be "in Space"? Why not just a regular Toy Story pack? None of the other announced packs have a theme.

Rootbeer

Banned
Alright, my copy shipped. Better late than never :p Least I got the freebies.

Going forward my concern is just how many unannounced characters/playsets are left for the first game. I hope we have at least one more wave coming after the second wave they previewed. Honestly I don't expect many after that, though I'd love if they just kept it going all year.

I can not stand cars and planes, so a part of me is just glad they got cars over with. I really hope they don't do planes :/ There are so, so many good properties to explore

disappointed to hear that the Toy Story pack is "in Space." Why does it have to be "in Space"? Why not just a regular Toy Story pack? None of the other announced packs have a theme.

they've been pretty adamant about insisting that you play toy versions of the characters in DI, not the characters themselves. Sooo... I guess we are playing toy versions of... the toys... from toy story? Disception? Infiniception? I guess they didn't put them in Andy's room because it didn't work with the concept they are going for.

BTW, like your avatar and really hoping we get a Gravity Falls playset, if for no other reason than that there are NO GRAVITY FALLS TOYS -period- and I want some

It's Toy Story in Space because otherwise it'd be redundant with the Lone Ranger, and the EXACT SAME DEV just made the previous Toy Story 3 game which is an ENTIRE toy box game DEDICATED to a Western town.

DarkWish

Anyone know if the Wal-Mart prices are online only or can I get the figures at those sale prices in stores too?

Also, thank you to whoever mentioned Toys "R" Us will open early. Totally didn't realize that, so now I can head out early and get what I want.

Yuripaw

Banned
I'm kind of sad that its focus is so much on the Pixar charakters.

I'd love to see a Lion King or Duckburg playset.
Yeah, just like Playstation All Stars BR, I'm worried this game will focus too much on what is new and current, and only what they can tie in with some new marketing thing, instead of trying to make use of the huge lists of IPs they have at their disposal that they could easily revitalize with this game. As much as I enjoyed the Lone Ranger, it must look like a joke to so many people now that that is a play set in this game when the movie flopped... But like I said, all about what is current and what they think is marketable :/

SHarris78

Can someone explain what the extra characters in each series are for? For example, you get Jack, Sulley and Mr Incredible in the starter pack, whats the 'pull' to pay around £30 on Helen, Barbossa & Mike? Do they just give you an extra character to play as but no new content? I hope thats not the case because that sounds like a right rip-off.

BTW, my Wii U NNID (and Disney Interactive) name is SHarris78 if anyone wants to add me.

Rocky

Banned
Alright, my copy shipped. Better late than never :p Least I got the freebies.

Going forward my concern is just how many unannounced characters/playsets are left for the first game. I hope we have at least one more wave coming after the second wave they previewed. Honestly I don't expect many after that, though I'd love if they just kept it going all year.

I can not stand cars and planes, so a part of me is just glad they got cars over with. I really hope they don't do planes :/ There are so, so many good properties to explore

they've been pretty adamant about insisting that you play toy versions of the characters in DI, not the characters themselves. Sooo... I guess we are playing toy versions of... the toys... from toy story? Disception? Infiniception? I guess they didn't put them in Andy's room because it didn't work with the concept they are going for.

BTW, like your avatar and really hoping we get a Gravity Falls playset, if for no other reason than that there are NO GRAVITY FALLS TOYS -period- and I want some

Now that really blows my mind lol. And if Gravity Falls was announced, then I'd immediately run out and get Disney Infinity regardless of what was available at the time, I wanna be Grunkle Stan lol. I think there may be a chance for GF, since they have Phineas and Ferb in the game and that is a Disney Channel series too.

Yaari

Yeah I am actually surprised at how many people pick it up for Wii U. If only the Wii U Pro Controller would work, it would be the best version IMO. I heard the Gamepad has great options for the Toybox.

The only cons I can think of is the lack of Wii U owners and the Pro controller not being possible to use.

Top Bottom