• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

MeatZilla1

Neo Member
Anyone know if the Wal-Mart prices are online only or can I get the figures at those sale prices in stores too?

Also, thank you to whoever mentioned Toys "R" Us will open early. Totally didn't realize that, so now I can head out early and get what I want.

Just left Wal-mart the prices are live in store also.

Dragoshi1

I wonder how bad the store rush will be. Will people swarm and clean out everywhere, or gradually throughout the day? I'll share my experience when I get my game!

Chucker

I wonder how bad the store rush will be. Will people swarm and clean out everywhere, or gradually throughout the day? I'll share my experience when I get my game!

I won't be there at eight but like 8:05 so I'll post impressions when I get there.

gotee12

In Winston Salem NC, there is no one at Target and there was no one at Wal-Mart when I left a few minutes ago. Also Wal-Mart barely received anything DI related. It was odd...

Edit: as of right this second, Target has the Cars playset street dated for October. Their point of sale system is blocking the sale.

MeatZilla1

Neo Member

There was no one at my Wal-mart, I was the first person to purchase anything and he said no had called or asked about it yet which I thought was odd .

Chucker

Grabbed Syndrome and another Crystal McQueen, there were 3 other people here and it was kids with parents and they were just grabbing one of EVERYTHING. Must be nice.

Got the starter kit at Walmart/work. They didnt have Cars playset or Lone Ranger so I coulsnt price match yet. You get a $15 giftcard with the purchase of a starter pack.

I went to target around 8 and there was only one other guy buying a starter pack. Bought the 2 play sets, there were about 5 of each on the shelf, but I suspect they have more in the back.

gotee12

Target rep was on the phone for 30 minutes. According to that phone call, the Cars street date issue won't be resolved until noon or so today.

gotee12

I went to target around 8 and there was only one other guy buying a starter pack. Bought the 2 play sets, there were about 5 of each on the shelf, but I suspect they have more in the back.
Whoa.

You were actually able to get a Cars playset at Target? Well what the heck was all that mess I just went through?

Walmart didn't even have the stuff stocked yet, although I was there around 6:45 local. Still, thought it was pretty lax of them. Dude hauled out a 360 starter set and Violet for me. The rest of the crap is coming from Amazon, although I may have to roll out to Target for the cheaper sets. Pleasantly surprised @ the $15.00 gc for the starter set.

All in all, I suspect this stuff is going to be on the shelves for the forseeable future.

Chucker

Walmart didn't even have the stuff stocked yet, although I was there around 6:45 local. Still, thought it was pretty lax of them. Pleasantly surprised @ the $15.00 gc for the starter set.

All in all, I suspect this stuff is going to be on the shelves for the forseeable future.
Also, we're enthusiasts, it's early, and getting to being the last weekend in summer so people might still be on vacation. As soon as Morning Show X runs a hottest toys for Christmas we'll be sitting pretty.

gotee12

wait, what street date issue? I haven't heard about this
It may just be the Target here in Winston Salem NC, but their point of sale is blocking the Cars set from being purchased. The manager got on the phone and talked to three or four different folks at corporate. Eventually she got to the right person and they said the issue wouldn't be resolved until noon EST. Since someone else has posted they successfully purchased the Cars set at Target, it may just be a problem with mine even though the manager said it should be affecting every Target.

Edit: I was able to purchase the Lone Ranger successfully. I'm just going to price match cars at TRU.

RkOwnage

I am the only person at the GameStop early launch. Too bad they don't price match or I'd just buy everything here...damn

tempys

Neo Member
I lucked out. Went to Target first, they only had a few of each of the play sets. Had the same street date issue with Cars, but the guy just rang me up twice for the Lone Ranger.

Toys R Us had a bunch of people, got the last exclusive power disk pack, and one of the last crystal figures. Bought 3 regular power disk packs and each one had a rare, ones a dupe, but only one rare to go!

Hopefully there are some power disc packs left by the time I get off of work at 6PM today. The good thing is that Toys R Us, Target, and Walmart are all withing 100 feet of each other here in town.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Is it me or is the exclusive Lightning kind of ugly? The exclusive part has me wanting to rush and buy it but yeah, nowhere near as nice as the original design? Is that from Cars 2?

Jumping in at the last minute. Have $8 in points at Kmart so I'll pick up the starter from there. Is Mike's New Car the only exclusive pog to TRU?

Edit - oh Wii U. NNID is camel75slayer

DarkWish

So here's my launch day experience...

Went to Toys "R" Us a few minutes after opening. There was a huge banner in front of the store advertising the game. I went in and it was not busy at all. There was one guy with his son at the Disney Infinity section, which by the way is massive and takes up like a whole aisle. I picked up the Wii U starter pack, the figures for Violet and the exclusive Lightning McQueen (wasn't going to get this but the buy one, get one 50% off tempted me), and then one exclusive power disc pack and one regular power disc pack. At the register, I had to get the starter pack separate to use for the 20% off coupon I had because the system was trying to count it with the buy one get one 50% off stuff.

Then went to Target across the street. Saw the same guy with his son and I told him about Wal-Mart's site having the 3 packs for $15. I picked up the Cars play set, and both 3 packs. Much smaller section here compared to Toys "R" Us, basically was half an aisle with Skylanders taking up the other half. Went to customer service for the price match (the other guy with his son followed too since he was doing the same) and was told the Cars set was street dated for October 14th. So they called someone and after a while said it was a nationwide issue (as others here are reporting) and come back by like 11 or so, and it should be resolved. I was annoyed, but I really need to save money so I gave them my name and they held the item for me. I'll see if I can swing by later today for it.

So yea, now I'm going to record an unboxing video and have some fun with this stuff.

GI review and test chamber go live at 12 cst

Finally some info. Thanks.

Can someone confirm for sure that each TrU exclusive power disc pack has the Mike's Car and one other random regular disc?

Edit:
Home now with a Starter Pack, Violet, Syndrome, Crystal McQueen and 2 TRU Disc packs. Ended up with 2 Mike's Car, a Finn McMissile and Bolt.
Well that answers that. Mad that I ordered 2 of the exclusive packs now and screwed myself out of a disc.

Chucker

Home now with a Starter Pack, Violet, Syndrome, Crystal McQueen and 2 TRU Disc packs. Ended up with 2 Mike's Car, a Finn McMissile and Bolt.

Chairhome

I too bought four TRU packs and got 4 mike's cars. I guess it is in each one? Kind of lame. Should we start a separate thread for trading? My surplus:

-1 extra Sugar Rush level modifier (wreck it ralph)
-3 extra Mike's Car TRU exclusive (monsters university)

Looking for anything Tron

XShagrath

I'll go ahead and copy my adventure for the day here from another forum I frequent. Ended up getting everything, but it took some running around.

So, I get up this morning thinking I'm going to hit up TRU and Target at 8am. I see that WalMart has the 3-packs for $15, so I decide to go ahead and go over there to get those and hopefully PM the playsets with Target so that I have one less place I need to hit. I go to my nearest Wal-Mart, and nothing's out. They have their whole section cleared out ready for stock, but nothing's there. Of course, the guy at electronics is clueless and goes to the back looking for stuff for like 10 minutes. He says I need to wait for the day stockers to come in at like 7:45 or something and then they'll put the stuff out. I don't want to miss out on the TRU exclusive stuff, so I head over to that shopping plaza and hit up a different Wal-Mart. Same deal there, but the lady actually goes and finds some stuff in the back and brings out the Starter packs. I inform her that I'm looking for the figures/playsets, and she has to go back and look more. By now it's like 7:50AM and TRU opens at 8. So I find her and tell her that I'll be back, but I need to hit up TRU.

I get over to TRU and grab the Crystal Lightning McQueen and all the singles, as well as a couple packs of discs (TRU has all Infinity stuff at Buy 1 Get 1 50% off, and their disc packs at Buy 1 Get a 2nd for $1). They couldn't find their exclusive disc packs that come with Mike's Car though. So I run over to Target to grab the playsets and see if they can PM Wal-Mart for the 3-packs. The Cars playset is not out, but the lady grabs some from the back. I go up to Customer Service to get the PM done, and Cars is street-dated for 10:15AM today, and they couldn't sell it. They PM'd the 3-packs with no problem though. On the way home, I head back to the original Wal-Mart, and they finally had their stuff out and I grabbed the Cars set and PM'd to Target and now I'm done.

Don't have my total price, but I got the Starter Set, Cars & Lone Ranger Playsets, Villains and Sidekicks packs, the singles (Violet, Dash, Mater, Francesco, Crystal McQueen) and 5 packs of discs. I think I'm in about $200 or so.

Game's installing now, and I'll play the main game with the three starter figs first before I start opening everything. If I don't like it (doubtful), I'll just take back all the other stuff.

gotee12

I too bought four TRU packs and got 4 mike's cars. I guess it is in each one? Kind of lame. Should we start a separate thread for trading? My surplus:

-1 extra Sugar Rush level modifier (wreck it ralph)
-3 extra Mike's Car TRU exclusive (monsters university)

Looking for anything Tron
I did a Google spreadsheet a few pages back for trading

Sidzed2

Reading this thread is seriously entertaining and bizarre. Can't wait to hear impressions - is this thing actually a decent game, or are people just going nuts on account of perceived scarcity or... What?

Yuripaw

Banned
Yeah....had the same problem at target with the whole street date thing. Kept coming up as 10-15 as the street date. I don't know why they don't have a system in place to bypass that. Couldn't get the Cars play set there, but I just took their ad, and price matched at Wal-Mart. I still got 2 more stops to make later, got the Crystal Lightning to pick up at TRU, and I got the game paid for at Best Buy. I wish I didn't preorder it someplace that opens the latest, but I paid for with gift card, so had no choice =/

Meanwhile I can look at my Lone Ranger, and Cars play sets for an hour, hehe.

God I hate scalpers. First one on top could not even properly wait to get home first.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...5573.m570.l1313&_nkw=crystal+mcqueen&_sacat=0

Jeez...

Jusst got back from TRU. Picked up my online order from last night, the power disk holder and the case. A bunch of boosters too. That buy one, get one for a dollar makes it too easy to just buy a bunch. Now to open and see what I got.

Also, I can confirm that at least the initial packs of the TRU exclusive power disk packs only have Mike's Car.

Reading this thread is seriously entertaining and bizarre. Can't wait to hear impressions - is this thing actually a decent game, or are people just going nuts on account of perceived scarcity or... What?

Right now I'd guess it's the collectible factor more than anything. Add the fact there's so many deals for this stuff right now and it's the best time to buy everything. Best to beat the rush once word gets out and everyone and their mother is trying to get these figures.

Hey guys, if someone has an extra 'Mike's Car', I'd happily buy it. I'm in Australia and from the research I've done, it's currently unavailable/there appear to be no plans to release it here. I can Paypal. Postage and Handling shouldn't be too much either.

Edit: Thanks piratepwnsninja, also Yuripaw. You guys are great. :)

XShagrath

God I hate scalpers. First one on top could not even properly wait to get home first.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...5573.m570.l1313&_nkw=crystal+mcqueen&_sacat=0

That's one of the guys that was at my store when it opened, I think.

The only people there when the store opened were me, a dude and his son, and then these other two guys who immediately grabbed two Crystal McQueens each. Then they just stood around while the clerk tried to find the exclusive disc packs. They had no interest in anything else.

Yaari

So stupid. They are availble on the TRU website and probably still in most stores.

Yeah, but they don't ship those internationally.

There is a guy who already sold 10 at 35$, so it appears to work. Oh well the good part is that it won't be long till they drop to a reasonable price, these are not those D23 Mickey figures fortunately.

brigadeer

Jeez...

Jusst got back from TRU. Picked up my online order from last night, the power disk holder and the case. A bunch of boosters too. That buy one, get one for a dollar makes it too easy to just buy a bunch. Now to open and see what I got.

Also, I can confirm that at least the initial packs of the TRU exclusive power disk packs only have Mike's Car.

Just hit Toys R US and Target to scoop up their exclusive stuff and on sale items. Waiting at GameStop now to get my pre-ordered items.

This game is really hurti g the wallet, but the collector in me can't help it!

Right now I'd guess it's the collectible factor more than anything. Add the fact there's so many deals for this stuff right now and it's the best time to buy everything. Best to beat the rush once word gets out and everyone and their mother is trying to get these figures.
That is what I'm thinking. If its anything like Skylanders it'll take some time for scarcity to happen (could be a couple weeks or a month). Then it will just be a pain in the ass to get anything near the holidays. Best to just get it now before the buzz picks up steam.

Top Bottom