• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Thinking about heading to the store to pick this up but worried the scalpers already got to most of the playsets and character packs. What did the stores stock look like?

anglon

So is the Wii U version legit or is it a half-assed port by a B-team?

I think every version is "legit." I have seen them showing the game off with every console. Except the 3DS version. Can't say much about that.

Also everyone is only talking about the HARDWARE what about the SOFTWARE?!

You guys even pop the game in yet? IF SO, is it fun times?! I got mine through amazon...gots to wait. :(

Thinking about heading to the store to pick this up but worried the scalpers already got to most of the playsets and character packs. What did the stores stock look like?

Pretty tame, my target had a ton. Issues with cars SKU still and Walmart price match worked with no issue. Now I gotta wait for gs to open for the game :/

DarkWish

Ordered the other 3 Incredibles and the crystal McQueen from TRU's website, along with a disc pack and an exclusive TRU disc pack. I don't want to go all out, in case I hate the game.

I think every version is "legit." I have seen them showing the game off with every console. Except the 3DS version. Can't say much about that.

Also everyone is only talking about the HARDWARE what about the SOFTWARE?!

You guys even pop the game in yet? IF SO, is it fun times?! I got mine through amazon...gots to wait. :(

I love the playsets. Honestly, the amount of gameplay, is pretty damn impressive. Pirate's one especially is awesome. Toy Box, I'm a bit iffy on. It's a great concept and I can see myself browsing a lot to see what the community makes, but damn is it clunky. There is no snap-to feature, making something as easy as laying down the ground tiles unnecessarily tedious. I think once the iPad Toy Box app is out, it should be much easier to build stuff, but right now, I'm not really digging it. Which is kind of sad considering it's Infinity's most talked about mode.

Even Disney's created stage, Disney World, isn't really all that great. I equate it to going to Disney, all by yourself, and none of the rides work... =/

To be fair though, I didn't actually play any multiplayer yet in Toy Box, so chances are with friends, it might be better.

Tiny415

Neo Member
The manager at Target was a trainee and was unable to override the SKU issue, but put one to the side for me and said he would call when the issue was resolved. I just ended up ordering it from their online store, but it was a nice gesture.

As for TRU, they had all the pieces I was looking for, including 15 disk packs (5 TRU exclusives and 10 regular). I am now the owner of 5 Mike W cars, so I will have to check out the trading google Doc. I got both parts of the Wreck It Ralph's world, so I am happy.

Starting to setup a stream. twitch.tv/tiny415

dearodie

Ask and you shall receive...

Here's my post on NintendoFuse about my experience purchasing the items: http://www.nintendofuse.com/2013/08/18/disney-infinity-wii-u-launch-day-unboxing-video/

Or if you just want the direct link to the unboxing video, here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWINYupboFk

And here's an image of my hauls for the day:

I'm skeptical about this whole game set and approach. I did not like Toy box mode in Toy story 3, I think I tried it for a few minutes and was done with it.
I don't need half- assed mini games when there's better ones out there for cheaper and less work.
The way I feel about this is I am being sold an expensive pen and paper and have to write my own book. Guess what, I'm not a writer.
And to boot, the price is excessive. I.E. $5.99 for 2 power discs, wtf.
The only redeeming value for me, is I kinda like the way the figurines look like, and most Disney properties are great.
Out of curiosity, how much did this whole set cost you?

Yuripaw

Banned
So I just got back from all my stops, and I figured before I started opening any figures and boxes, that I should at least take a picture to share :)

Kinda went nuts after all, and got pretty much all the figures for day 1.

ujqVCT2.jpg

Nemo really fell in love with Barbossa, lol

hWlpRV0.jpg

RkOwnage

All these people buying it on WiiU....I'm on the way to GameStop to return the PS3 version and get the WiiU version. I hope you're all up for exchanging Nintendo IDs, I need Miiverse friends.

Ashtar

So I just got back from all my stops, and I figured before I started opening any figures and boxes, that I should at least take a picture to share :)

Kinda went nuts after all, and got pretty much all the figures for day 1.

ujqVCT2.jpg

Nemo really fell in love with Barbossa, lol

hWlpRV0.jpg

awww how cute!
Dang I would really love to get into this but with me not having kids and my nephews and nieces not living close by plus the financial factors make it a no go :(

DarkWish

I'm skeptical about this whole game set and approach. I did not like Toy box mode in Toy story 3, I think I tried it for a few minutes and was done with it.
I don't need half- assed mini games when there's better ones out there for cheaper and less work.
The way I feel about this is I am being sold an expensive pen and paper and have to write my own book. Guess what, I'm not a writer.
The only redeeming value for me, is I kinda like the way the figurines look like, and most Disney properties are great.
Let's see...

Starter Pack was $60 (with the 20% off coupon) at Toys "R" Us = $60
Each 3 pack was $15 (price matched from Wal-Mart) and I bought two = $30
Each figure was $14 but buy one get, get one 50% off at Toys "R" Us = $21
Power discs were buy one, get one for $1 at Toys "R" Us and I got two packs = $6
Plus tax and all that fun stuff

So total was close to $125 I believe.

Chucker

Gonna hit TRU again on the way back from a birthday party. Power disks being B1G1 $1 is too good.

Syndrome is just happy to be here
DKQVN5pl.jpg

I can see your point but at the end of the day, the mileage will vary per individual. The toy box in DI seems very robust in comparison to the barebone version in TS3. I think it's just the mindset of how you approach the product. There are a lot of people who are going to only get this game because of the Disney name while some will get it for the game. Like we have seen with titles like LBP and Minecraft, this game will also appeal for those who like to create innovative levels using a simplified toolset provided for them. Shoot, I still remember using several memory cards with RPG Maker and Fighter Maker during the PS1 era. Some of the pricing is excessive but with all of these sales going on, I'll be surprised if people are paying full price for all of these items. Also, as someone who is an artist, I do pay premium prices.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I have one question: is the toy box mode in this one more in-depth than Toy Story 3?

Toy Story 3 had missions and lasted tens of hours. I haven't seen anything about the sandbox mode outside of the levels having missions. Is that true?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Walmart are selling the sidekick and villains packs at half price.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/...-villains-1496-available-for-in-store-pickup/

I just ordered the sidekicks pack as a birthday gift for my wife even though I'm not sure when we'll get the main game.

Quoting so you guys don't miss it.

I ended up getting everything (except all the power discs...) available for:

$77.01 (TRU game + 4 disc packs)
$78.98 (TRU 4 singles + 8 disc packs)
~$65 (Walmart Lone Ranger, Cars, 3-pack Villains and Sidekicks)
$20 (TRU special Lightning McQueen, shipped)

That's the same price I would have paid for the game + all the toys + 2 disc packs on Amazon. I think I did pretty good (got 10 extra disc packs AND the exclusive figure).

I'm all in. Also, I hate the enabling that went on the past two days, haha.

Apparently you can "refuse the package" through Amazon to get a full refund immediately and not have to deal with return shipping.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
So which figure will be Infinity's Ninjini? As in really hard to find except for obscene prices on eBay.
Infinity figures are being sent to retailers as boxes of single SKU lots of one particular character per box, rather than assortments like Skylanders (and most toys, really) are. Short-packing shouldn't be an issue, and retailers should be able to reorder any specific figure as stock of it drops.

Much better supply-demand system at play here, assortments are a scourge. Leads to crap where retailers won't reorder figures because they've got a lot in stock... but that stock is almost entirely a pile of Flashwings, because some genius at the Skylanders factory thought the best choice to pack heaviest in assortments of a game most popular with young, image-conscious boys was a feminine-looking crystal dragon.

eastmen

Banned
Anyone need an exclusive mcqueen and toys r us exclusive pack ? Just cost and shipping. Trying to help out some non usa gaffers

My Impressions so far:

Let me preface by saying I bought this for my four year old son, even tough he is four, he's very adept at gaming and absolutely loves skylanders. Now Infinity to me is too restrictive and cumbersome in terms of the user interface. I love how in Skylanders you can jump from character to character no matter where you are in the game.

In infinity, once you load a playset, you are restricted to just using those characters. I.E. Monsters inc can just use Sulley or Mikey. I understand the reason behind it gameplay wise, but it's pretty cumbersome when a kid just wants to switch characters real quick, and get that instant gratification of a swap.

The gameplay itself is modified from Toy Story 3, it's basically the same engine. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but not nearly as smooth as Skylanders.

Still fun, but the gameplay is more checklist oriented, and not linear.

That being said, the actual figures are extremely well made....Higher quality then the skylanders figurines, no doubt. For the Disney collectors, they will love that.

So far I would definitely recommend it as a buy. I'll post more impressions later for those looking for feedback, because I still have yet to see a review for the game on any major sites.

I have one question: is the toy box mode in this one more in-depth than Toy Story 3?

Toy Story 3 had missions and lasted tens of hours. I haven't seen anything about the sandbox mode outside of the levels having missions. Is that true?

Well the toy box mode doesn't have any missions per se, the Play sets do, and those are more like the Toy Box mode in Toy Story 3. The Toy Box in Infinity is more of just a building tool, like Minecraft with more options to create your own games and challenges, or download ones from others.

kunonabi

man, i really don't want to invest in this but i really want those Elastigirl and Violet figures. if the toybox ends up as awesome as im imagining i might just bite.

dearodie

I can see your point but at the end of the day, the mileage will vary per individual. The toy box in DI seems very robust in comparison to the barebone version in TS3. I think it's just the mindset of how you approach the product. There are a lot of people who are going to only get this game because of the Disney name while some will get it for the game. Like we have seen with titles like LBP and Minecraft, this game will also appeal for those who like to create innovative levels using a simplified toolset provided for them. Shoot, I still remember using several memory cards with RPG Maker and Fighter Maker during the PS1 era. Some of the pricing is excessive but with all of these sales going on, I'll be surprised if people are paying full price for all of these items. Also, as someone who is an artist, I do pay premium prices.

Makes sense. It's just not for me.
I appreciate your comments and perspective very much.

Shallwhat

Banned
I really do not want any of my Incredibles figures. I have Dash (unopened), Mrs. Incredible and Mr. Incredible for trade if anyone is interested!

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Hmmm... wondering if I should pick this up for my 4 year old daughter. How hard is the toybox mode to control?

So the target I went to tried to ring up the playsets for me and they ended up saying street dated for OCt 15. Not sure why, they saw their ad and let me buy it but that was weird, anyone else have this problem?

gotee12

Found a glitch...

Fix it Felix power disc on bottom then Jack sparrow disc second, then Jack sparrow figure on top doesn't work. Constantly had read errors. But jack sparrow disc first, fix it Felix second and Jack figure in top works fine and gives a combo power up.

Fewr

Hmmm... wondering if I should pick this up for my 4 year old daughter. How hard is the toybox mode to control?
She could play with the figures, and you cold have her watch when you play the actual game, or you could try a bit of coop I reckon.

------------

Argh! This game arrives to stores near me in september ugh! At least I'll get to read reviews and impressions.

B-Dex

Went to my local wallymart. Got Cars and Lone Ranger playsets. Gotta wait for Gamestop to open to get my game though. :( Hopefully I get the free figure and power disc.

Wal-mart only had the 2 playsets, starter packs, both 3-packs, and individuals of the 3-pack chars.

She could play with the figures, and you cold have her watch when you play the actual game, or you could try a bit of coop I reckon.

------------

Argh! This game arrives to stores near me in september ugh! At least I'll get to read reviews and impressions.

IMO, toy box mode controls are a nightmare, as far as building stuff goes. Rest of the game, like controlling characters is super easy. Though I'd probably suggest playing the Monsters Inc playset since that one is the most kid friendly

Fantomex

Heres a question i havent seen answered. What if im not paying for xbox gold? Can i still share my online levels with friends?

Spiderduff

hey everybody. I want to thank everyone that entered and I will be picking a winner by the end of today. I cannot do it right now as I am shopping down them deals. Thanks again.

Have 11 original power discs and four repeats. That means I have three Bolts total (sucks because I've never been interested in that movie), an extra cane, and an extra Felix. But I did get Buzz Lightyear's rare and Dumbo's rare. Wish Abu wasn't rare because he's who I want the most!

FrsDvl

These figurines look so cool, and the game looks like a lot of fun too! Might pick up the Wii U version later this week!

Is there any information on new figurines that are still coming out on later dates? I want them all.

Top Bottom