• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Pretty weird that the first handful of characters the game introduces to you aren't part of the assortments of toys shipping alongside the game.

Wanting the kids to say... "I want it" and then having to wait... and parents screaming everywhere! :D

B-Dex

Guys, I can only get one more set so it's either Sidekicks or Villians. Leaning more towards sidekicks because I loathe Randall.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Omg, the intro is amazing... Besides that, I thought the sandbox would be the major draw, but we're having too much fun in the mini games. Not at all surprised by the reviews so far.

IGN review is being posted but it's not loading up for me so I can't see the text or score. The blurb says "Full imagination and charm, Disney Infinity really brings your toys to life".

After watching that Gametrailers review I'm finding it super hard to wait to pick this up now...

The Disney nerd in me wants this so bad but I need to save money. Arghhh.

Triz

I have locked up 4 times now on the ps3 version after getting to the main game where you can choose what you want to do. I'm getting really frustrated.

I have locked up 4 times now on the ps3 version after getting to the main game where you can choose what you want to do. I'm getting really frustrated.

Seeing how I haven't got the chance to play my copy yet, this worry's me. Did you try deleting the install data?

MeatZilla1

Neo Member
How is the online co-op handled for the Xbox, is it split screen like local co-op ? Or does each player have a full view on their T.V. ?

My game seems to be stuck at the black star screen with the IN loading icon at the center.

Tried rebooting to the game once now, dunno if I should delete the install or if this is a network issue as its the step after "Establishing Network"

On PS3 by the way. Anyone else hit this?

B-Dex

My game seems to be stuck at the black star screen with the IN loading icon at the center.

Tried rebooting to the game once now, dunno if I should delete the install or if this is a network issue as its the step after "Establishing Network"

Hmm. Worrisome. Maybe I can swap for Wii U starter pack :p.

DarkWish

So this other Target is sold out of the play sets, so I guess they're selling them now. Luckily the original Target I went to this morning held one for me, I'll stop by there later.

Does the Pirates campaign have anything crazy like naval battles à la Assassin's Creed 3/IV, or is it pretty much just platforming with bits of "combat"?

So game radar's cons were that playsets were unimaginative and you have to grind for hours to unlock items in toy box. I'm guessing other reviewers are not as concerned with that

B-Dex

So this other Target is sold out of the play sets, so I guess they're selling them now. Luckily the original Target I went to this morning held one for me, I'll stop by there later.

I was at walmart at 830 am on a sunday. I think I was the first person to buy any of it. Felt strange.

megalowho

Liking what I'm reading in those reviews, sounds like a hit. Once there's more content from Disney's vault available I can see myself jumping in, interested to see how the classics are represented from a gameplay and marketing perspective. Let's see that LucasArts Adventures playset you promised, Mr. Vignocchi!

Matt

So I got all the figured except Mater and Francesco, and picked up three power pack. Managed to get no duplicates and one rare (Dumbo), along with Mike's car. Used all the discounts out there and only had to go to one store because TRU price matches. Pretty good haul.

I'm beginning to think the PS3 version is turning out to be like Skyrim for the PS3.

wow impressive reviews

so people that have played it, does this feel so different from skylanders that skylanders can remain a big success? I would think with the brand that infinity will sell like gangbusters through the holidays

I created this Google spreadsheet the other day to assist with trading. Quote this post to see it. The link is in between the email tags.

Ok, updated with my extras.

HAVE:
1x BOLT'S SUPER STRENGTH
2x MARLIN'S REEF
1x C.H.R.O.M.E.'S ARMOR SHIELD
1x CARL FREDRICKSEN'S CANE

WANT: ANYTHING OTHER THAN THESE

stlobus

Anyone else having any success with the ps3 version? I'm about to go get the game and will swap it for wii u if these problems seem wide spread.

I'm having the same problems as others have mentioned. Trying just to do the Mastery Adventures and it's locked up twice when stepping into that area. Also on the PS3 version.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there a picture list of the discs so I can make sure of the ones I have? I'm going to start my trade list tonight. With 8 more packs coming this week, I'm going to see what I get to see what I need.

Of course, I'll probably find the TRU add and go to Walmart and try and grab a few extras. This sickness... <3

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Infinity figures are being sent to retailers as boxes of single SKU lots of one particular character per box, rather than assortments like Skylanders (and most toys, really) are. Short-packing shouldn't be an issue, and retailers should be able to reorder any specific figure as stock of it drops.

Much better supply-demand system at play here, assortments are a scourge. Leads to crap where retailers won't reorder figures because they've got a lot in stock... but that stock is almost entirely a pile of Flashwings, because some genius at the Skylanders factory thought the best choice to pack heaviest in assortments of a game most popular with young, image-conscious boys was a feminine-looking crystal dragon.

My daughter loves Flashwing, Cynder and Whirlwind because they are girl dragons, go figure. You can't find a Spyro anywhere.

Thta could be why DI is light on the female characters right now, but I think this game would appeal to either sex if they like games, and quite frankly, my daughter doesn't really care for any of the ones on the market right now. Once Jessie and Rapunzel hit the pegs, all bets are off.

Deleted both update data, install data, and tried loading it up offline.

Still no luck (just did the data delete, been about 10 minutes). Gonna wait another 10.

I just wanna play, this is bumming me out haha!

Top Bottom