• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

This game looks fun, but since I plan on getting it for PS3 some of these crash talks in here aren't exactly reassuring. Granted I wasn't going to get the game at launch, so hopefully this gets resolved by the time I get it.

Question to ones that alredy have the figures: what cones in their packages besides the figures? I mean a card or sticker like the skylanders? I ask because my Brother will bring me some sets, He is in a business trip. But to save space he may through away the blisters. I want to Be sure He keeps everything that comes inside.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The only real reason why it might have bad sales is because of the reception of the film but beyond that, I have faith that the Disney Infinity series will do fine. Disney is a household name and has a broader appeal plus Disney products (especially the high quality products) are deemed collectibles. Will Skylanders do well? Probably. It already has a install base but they may move over to Infinity. The figures with Infinity look alot better than the Skylander toys (I personally can't stand the art design for that game) and each play set has a unique play style and story. To each their own, I guess, and both games could still coexist. As for me and my house, we are only playing Disney Infinity.

When I said it will have terrible sales that was in comparison to other sets they could have started with, like a Toy Story or Wreck-It-Ralph. It wasn't a kid's movie.

Shadownet

Banned
Question to ones that alredy have the figures: what cones in their packages besides the figures? I mean a card or sticker like the skylanders? I ask because my Brother will bring me some sets, He is in a business trip. But to save space he may through away the blisters. I want to Be sure He keeps everything that comes inside.

Each character come with a card that you can use to redeem on Disney.com/infinity.

It's a code that unlock that particular character to use it on the PC and iPad version.

But that's pretty much it.

“@DisneyInfinity: For those who have reached out about issues with the PS3, we are working on it right now and will be back with more info soon!”

Frazley

“@DisneyInfinity: For those who have reached out about issues with the PS3, we are working on it right now and will be back with more info soon!”
Yes! Glad they aren't ignoring PS3 or any ports. Launch issues happen, hope they can get them fixed soon.

Reviews seem to be good. This game is looking to be exactly what I had hoped.

When I said it will have terrible sales that was in comparison to other sets they could have started with, like a Toy Story or Wreck-It-Ralph. It wasn't a kid's movie.

I understand. I was actually responding to your post and the person you quoted. I do agree that The Lone Ranger set won't sell as much as Toy Story or some of their more successful brands but I do think it was a smart idea.
  • Releasing it at launch allows for more consumers to give the Lone Ranger set more attention and a chance. If it was released later in the year after their bigger brands, the set would probably get even less looks from consumers. Releasing your lesser brands to slowly ramp up to your bigger brands works.
  • Disney waiting to release Toy Story in October is smart because it gives consumers who already have the sets more of an incentive to buy more for their Infinity. Also, having Toy Story released closer to the holidays would make new customers out of people who didn't buy in August. Bigger product recognized brands work out better, sales wise, during the holidays and will build up the demand for the Infinity platform.

I bought the Lone Ranger over the Cars set today but it's mainly because I do like cowboys and Indians and I don't like the Cars brand. Plus, the Lone Ranger set is getting more positive impressions than the Cars set. Also, I hope they do release more brands that are not children film-related. It will help bring over more adults that love Disney and collectibles :)

Obviously it's super-early, but is there any indication on whether or not there's any performance disparity between PS3 and 360 (edit: aside from the obvious save problems we're seeing that will hopefully be addressed soon)? This late in the generation it's generally safe to assume there won't be any massive problems with the PS3 version of a game, but for some reason this game has me more worried than usual.

4e5466b7dc69f1314154167_blog.jpg

Didn't get a chance to play much but I met up with my brother earlier today. He isn't a huge fan of the game but we couldn't stop laughing when driving cars in the Incredible's game. You can jump while in the car so he was just climbing buildings while I was doing missions. Lagged a decent amount but it would only be when things were loading / auto saving, etc... no constant lag. Wii U here.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Man, just started on my original 360 and the audio is glitching like crazy! Driving me nuts... installing now to hopefully fix it.

Also, I have an extra Buzz Lightyear rare power disc that I would be wiling to trade with someone for another rare... PM me and hopefully you're rated on the Buy/Sell/Trade thread.

Memles

It also, to add to the other reasons they made this choice, bears mentioning that Infinity was originally supposed to launch in June, at which point Lone Ranger would have been seeding box office performance (and Monsters University would have just been released).

The local Best Buy says they have everything in stock, so I'm printing out the target.com and walmart.com pages for the Cars playset, the Lone Ranger playset and the Sidekicks pack. So awesome that Best Buy is good about price matching now.

Is there a "definitive" version of the game? I want to get it for Wii U since it's the only "Next Gen" system out right now, but I also want to make sure that it will actually be supported by the developer. I'd go PS3, but the PS4 launch is in like two months, so will support for that just die off? Will there be a PS4 version? Will the Wii U version get the same DLC/update treatment as the other versions?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It also, to add to the other reasons they made this choice, bears mentioning that Infinity was originally supposed to launch in June, at which point Lone Ranger would have been seeding box office performance (and Monsters University would have just been released).

That makes more sense. Forgot about the original release date.

Memles

That makes more sense. Forgot about the original release date.

Yeah, a big part of why I chose to buy the Lone Ranger playset is because I love evidence of failed franchising, and it's cheaper and more productive than buying any of the Lego sets.

Finally made it back home, ended up going out with the entire family and let me tell you that trying to hide the fact that I was getting Infinity and without letting the kids find out was interesting stuff.

So here's the haul;

1 x Disney Infinity Starter Xbox 360
2 x Cars Playsets. I got one from Target but then when I got to Bestbuy they ended up pricematching Target, giving me both the Lone Ranger and Cars playsets for $17.49. So one of the Cars is going back tomorrow.
1 x Lone Ranger Playset
8 x TRU exclusive power disc pack
1 x Power Disc album (Free from BB)
1 x Syndrome figure
1 x Dash Figure
1 x Mike Wazowski Figure
1 x TRU Crystal Lightning McQueen Figure. Will just put this up for now.

Plan on putting it in the media / game room after dinner and telling the kids to go in there.

All in all, it wasn't that expensive but in the back of my head I was like this is money that could be going towards my PS4 / Xbox One.

It would be nice getting this on next gen. Somehow paying £80 to play this game in couch coop with a extra figure set on 8 year old console tech doesn't seem right.

witness

I may have to get in on this after reading this thread. Looks like it could be a fun co op game for my wife and I. The promise of future play sets is also a big draw.

jrcbandit

So what is the Cars playset like? Cars is my least favorite Pixar franchise (Cars 2 and Planes are especially crappy), so I dunno if it worth bothering. Was contemplating getting it with a Target price match, already have Lone Ranger playset on order at half off.

Shadownet

Banned
Man, just started on my original 360 and the audio is glitching like crazy! Driving me nuts... installing now to hopefully fix it.

Also, I have an extra Buzz Lightyear rare power disc that I would be wiling to trade with someone for another rare... PM me and hopefully you're rated on the Buy/Sell/Trade thread.

I sent you a PM. I'm new on Gaf so I don't even. Know what the Buy/Sell/Trade thread is..

But let me know if you're interested. I got an extra Dumbo.

I need the Buzz Lightyear's one and a Pieces of Eights.

Hey not sure if I missed something but whenever I'm in a car and drift some yellow bar fills up, tried every button and nothing happens with it, anyone know what it does?

Spiderduff

Congrats to Dragoshi1 for winning! The number was 761 generated from random.org and he was the closest without going over with 750! Thank you to everyone who participated!

PM has been sent!

Also here is my stuff I got :D

Top Bottom