• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

oti

Banned
I'm thinking about getting this on Wii U. So there is Off-TV, but is there an option to eliminate Split-Screen while playing Coop? So one player on TV and the other one on the GamePad? That would be great!

I've now skimmed/read three reviews and have skimmed some pages in this thread without finding information so if anyone can answer:

How does the leveling up work? Is it tied to the figure or saved to your profile? Does it change the character in game at all or is it purely a mechanic to earn extra spins for the Toy Box?

One review mentioned that you do level up and that's one way to earn extra spins but I can't find information about the rest of the stuff. My girlfriend is all for this and likely buying it this week but between checking out videos and reading about figures this was information we couldn't find answers for. I'm doing my part and trying to answer the questions she had for me the other day. Thanks.

Bog

Junior Ace
Game looks like an absolute cakewalk. You'd think even 8 year olds want a tiny bit of challenge.

Sh0k

Got it a Walmart for the Wii U this morning. Starter pack, companions pack and the longer ranger double pack. My NNID is Shokleeto is you guys want to add me.

As much as I disagree with Gamesradar's final score, I do agree with the amount of glitches in the game. Way too many, which is a bit concerning.

Sterba

Anyone get Cars at Target yet? My Wal-Mart didn't get either playset.

For everyone asking: Cars Playset is no longer hard locked at Target.

Source: I work here(am on break) and our electronics guy has been checkin periodically for me so I can pick it up at end of shift. Let me know about 40 mins ago and showed me that it rings up as it should.

I assume it should be fixed in all Targets now since it wasnt something we can fix at the store level. You can probably call and ask them to check if its hardlocked at their store to save a trip.

Just picked up my pre-order at GS, got my free Violet and Disc Pack and ended up buying a second pack as well. Thankfully I got no repeat discs, but didn't get any of the rares either. Currently installing to my PS3, excited to check it out finally.

B-Dex

Back from gamestop. Got Dash as my free fig and a power disc pack. Bought an additional power disc pack and got the sidekicks pack.

Discs:

ABU MOUNT
Alice textures.
Sugar Rush Textures
Mickey's Car mount
& Stitch's Blaster in my starter.

As much as I disagree with Gamesradar's final score, I do agree with the amount of glitches in the game. Way too many, which is a bit concerning.

It figures. Toy Story 3 is also very glitchy. I think I've lost my entire game a couple of times now on that. Not a huge deal since it's mostly just my young son that plays it so he just starts again and doesn't care, but still a game ending bug when it does happen.

wow impressive reviews

so people that have played it, does this feel so different from skylanders that skylanders can remain a big success? I would think with the brand that infinity will sell like gangbusters through the holidays

Yes, it is a lot different than skylanders. IMO Skylanders is more fun to play, and appeals more to the gamer in me. SwapForce looks incredible and will sell shitloads I think.

Disney made a mistake by not coming with the heavy ammo now. Where's the Wreck It Ralph, Up and Nemo playsets? They would've sold like hotcakes, and now will get lost in the shuffle of the Swapforce launch.

U2NUMB

Ugh just like Skylanders this is starting to scratch that itch for me. I still do not know if I am going to pick up the game but I had to buy the TRU Lightning McQueen exclusive and take them up on the deal for a second character. Then I bought 2 disc packs .. I think the orange one must be rare or something. I still do not know if I want to go all in with the fall just around the corner..

Damn Disney!!!

infinity.jpg

Triz

Ps3 version is definitely fucked. I deleted install data reinstalled played further but still got lockups. Fix this shit Disney .

Had to turn this off once you started bragging about your elite industry connections. Congrats on that Duck Tales code, though.

I would hardly call it bragging, someone asked about games and I was saying I'm swamped with a bunch of releases and review codes/copies. Simple as that. Thanks for checking the stream out though, everyone seems pretty impressed.

Daft question but it would make a big difference

Is there any proper Disney music?

I can't tell you how excited I was for 'a pirates life for me' in Lego POTC

So it seems like turning on subtitles on the PS3 version is consistently crashing the game (at least during the intro). May just delete the patch right now like others are suggesting.

oti

Banned
Could someone post some general impressions of the Wii U version? How does the GamePad integration feel? Is it a smooth port? How does the Coop work (Split-Screen or TV/GamePad)? How is the communication with other players within the game (Chat, Voice-Chat) and is online smooth?

Thanks.

Gowans

I want to grab this for my cars and now planes crazy little boy when it comes out on Friday in the UK, it's his 4th birthday on the Monday after and I hink this will get him into games.

But are the UK prices right? What's the beat deals in the UK to grab it?

Think ill go starter pack (360) all the cars stuff and some discs.

Got three disc packs two of them from Toys R Us.

-Buzz's ship thing
-Carl's cane
-alice's wonderland
-King Daddy's dessert toppings
-Mike's Car
-Mike's Car

I really wanted the Stitch surfboard or Abu, but three rares isn't so bad I guess.

Shadownet

Banned
This is the list of extra discs that I have.

Rapunzel x 2

Mickey Mouse x 3

Snitch's blaster x 2

Wreck-It Ralph's Candy Lane x 2

Mulan

Dumbo (rare)

Marlin Reef x 2

Carriage

What I need : Jack Sparrow's Loot and Buzz Lightyear's blaster.

Dragoshi1

Could someone post some general impressions of the Wii U version? How does the GamePad integration feel? Is it a smooth port? How does the Coop work (Split-Screen or TV/GamePad)? How is the communication with other players within the game (Chat, Voice-Chat) and is online smooth?

Thanks.

Gamepad feels awesome, it also has off TV play so you can play the whole game on the touchpad.

I don't think any of the ports are smooth, but just about. You'll definitely start noticing things in splitscreen, mostly framerate dips.

I don't think you can play with randoms online, haven't touched Toybox outside of the starting toybox level, so I'm not 100% sure.

Shadownet

Banned
Got three disc packs two of them from Toys R Us.

-Buzz's ship thing
-Carl's cane
-alice's wonderland
-King Daddy's dessert toppings
-Mike's Car
-Mike's Car

I really wanted the Stitch surfboard or Abu, but three rares isn't so bad I guess.

I'd love to trade that buzz disc for Dumbo (rare) if you're willing.

Just got back from Target and TRU.

I was able to grab the last Lone Ranger and Cars playset from Target so that went easier than I expected.

Toys R Us was worse than I was expecting since someone bought a case of the TRU exclusive card packs. He opened it up in the store too apparently. A whole friggin case. So no TRU pack for me. They were also out of Crystal Lightning McQueen but fortunately I did an in store pick up for that and it was on hold in the back. The guy at TRU said he expects more of both to arrive on Tuesday.

Final haul so far, Lone Rangers, Cars, Crystal Lightning McQueen, Violet Figure, and six regular card packs. I'm waiting for Wal-Mart to do a ship to store on the two three packs. I don't even know if I'm getting the game yet so I may end up returning all this. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on the deals and exclusives. Hopefully this is coming to PS4.

I want to grab this for my cars and now planes crazy little boy when it comes out on Friday in the UK, it's his 4th birthday on the Monday after and I hink this will get him into games.

But are the UK prices right? What's the beat deals in the UK to grab it?

Think ill go starter pack (360) all the cars stuff and some discs.

Not really any great deals sadly

I ordered the starter pack at asda for £52 an you get to choose a free figure so I ordered mike

I also want the cars set and mater but not seen any deals

Ps went to see planes today the boy loved it I wish they brought dusty and co into the game

The only thing holding me back is the fact that you have to buy the Sidekicks or Villains pack to play co-op in the starter pack campaigns. That is one step too far.

"Imagination can take you anywhere... but you have to take the first step."

[Narrator looks at Player Two and holds out a credit card swipe.]

oti

Banned
Gamepad feels awesome, it also has off TV play so you can play the whole game on the touchpad.

I don't think any of the ports are smooth, but just about. You'll definitely start noticing things in splitscreen, mostly framerate dips.

I don't think you can play with randoms online, haven't touched Toybox outside of the starting toybox level, so I'm not 100% sure.

Thank you for your impressions. :) I'll definitely pick it up when it launches here in Europe. Question is: Which version? I don't want this on Xbox 360, PS3 seems busted so Wii U seems to be the way to go. Let's add each other to play together online after I get it. :)

Gowans

Not really any great deals sadly

I ordered the starter pack at asda for £52 an you get to choose a free figure so I ordered mike

I also want the cars set and mater but not seen any deals

Ps went to see planes today the boy loved it I wish they brought dusty and co into the game
Yeah it's gota be coming.

Cool so free figure at Asda, guess I'll go there

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yes, it is a lot different than skylanders. IMO Skylanders is more fun to play, and appeals more to the gamer in me. SwapForce looks incredible and will sell shitloads I think.

Disney made a mistake by not coming with the heavy ammo now. Where's the Wreck It Ralph, Up and Nemo playsets? They would've sold like hotcakes, and now will get lost in the shuffle of the Swapforce launch.

Seriously, the Lone Ranger play set is going to have horrible sales.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Man I got a huge kick when my daughter put the finding nemo pack onto the board and all of a sudden the world was put underwater and the soothing sounds of thomas newman came on.

oti

Banned

But I guess they had to make this Play Set a priority. Disney Infinity from now on replaces the licensed games we are used to after so many years (of suffering). I think their next movie (Frozen?) will also get a Play Set. So older IPs should get their turn when there aren't that many new movies coming out, I'm afraid.

RobbieNick

Picked up the Wii U version at Gamestop with a free Dash figure and picked up 5 blind packs. No rares but only one repeat (Fix-it-Felix). Picking up Cars and Lone Ranger Expansion packs plus figure 3-packs at Wal-Mart later today (ordered online/site-to-store).

The only real reason why it might have bad sales is because of the reception of the film but beyond that, I have faith that the Disney Infinity series will do fine. Disney is a household name and has a broader appeal plus Disney products (especially the high quality products) are deemed collectibles. Will Skylanders do well? Probably. It already has a install base but they may move over to Infinity. The figures with Infinity look alot better than the Skylander toys (I personally can't stand the art design for that game) and each play set has a unique play style and story. To each their own, I guess, and both games could still coexist. As for me and my house, we are only playing Disney Infinity.

I agree with everyone else in that its super weird that they put a ton of the unreleased characters into the loading screen stuff.

I want my Rapunzel character!

Top Bottom