• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Frazley

Congrats to Dragoshi1 for winning! The number was 761 generated from random.org and he was the closest without going over with 750! Thank you to everyone who participated!

PM has been sent!
Congrats! Sad I didn't win, but thanks Spiderduff for giving me the chance to win! :) Enjoy your Mickey Dragoshi1!

And if you don't play with it and instead sell it on eBay or torture it like Sid, then....*head starts to turn* We toys can see EVERYTHING!

xeris

Trying to decide if I should buy a power disc album. Anyone have one care to comment in them?

The discs seem to fit a little TOO well in their slots, making it a pain to get them in and out. Seems like it'll be alright for display or if you don't swap discs in and out much.

So gonna go over my experience this AM. Got to TRU at 8AM sharp and I was the only person there (lol). Walked into the game isle and they had TONS of stock. There were definitely less Crystal McQueens than others though.

Picked up the starter pack on 360 for 20% off, came to $65 w/ tax.

On a separate transaction, I got:

• Mike Wazowski
  • Mrs. Incredible
  • Dash
  • Francesco
  • Crystal McQueen (x2)
  • Power Pack (x6)
  • TRU Exclusive Power Disc folio

Afterwards I went to Target after to get the Lone Ranger set. Heard them talking about the Cars set being street dated. There was a kid/mom there wanting it and the employees were having a hard time explaining why they couldn't get it.

My original pre-order of the 360 version from Amazon w/ free Davey Jones has shipped including another Power Pack and Violet. Gonna try selling the extra starter pack locally or something.

Once they show up, I'll have every figure! (Got a few of them from E3). Just need all the discs now…

Ended up getting a lot of disc dupes unfortunately, so if you need them, let me know:

1x BOLT'S SUPER STRENGTH
2x MARLIN'S REEF
1x C.H.R.O.M.E.'S ARMOR SHIELD
1x CARL FREDRICKSEN'S CANE

Mofo

Just got back from GameStop, was very disappointed that the clerks were letting some comic book guy looking ass "rub" all of their power disc packs to find all the hologram disc - way to take the fun out of it and make sure the rest of us weren't going to get any, douche.

Unfortunately my son is grounded - so we aren't playing until tomorrow. But have an extr Mulan, Bolt, and Cars disc up for trade.

Dragoshi1

Congrats to Dragoshi1 for winning! The number was 761 generated from random.org and he was the closest without going over with 750! Thank you to everyone who participated!

PM has been sent!

Also here is my stuff I got :D

Awesome, PM'ed you!

Played the MU playset, and made it to Fear Tech, found something awesome on the architecture there;
The snake monster from Monster's Inc.'s opening animation, the green dragon/snake thing is etched into the side of a building!

gotee12

So I swapped out the Starter Kit, and my new one has the rare Buzz disk. So, it all worked out!
I wonder if I'm having similar issues? I have a hard time getting my base to recognize more than three items at a time.it can be any combination of figures power discs or playsets. Once I've placed for different items on the base, everything gets wonky and I sometimes have to unplug/replug the base? Anyone else experience this? On the Wii U.

Just got back from GameStop, was very disappointed that the clerks were letting some comic book guy looking ass "rub" all of their power disc packs to find all the hologram disc - way to take the fun out of it and make sure the rest of us weren't going to get any, douche.

Unfortunately my son is grounded - so we aren't playing until tomorrow. But have an extr Mulan, Bolt, and Cars disc up for trade.

Yes, such a total douche for taking the time to outsmart everyone else. Did he also happen to get to the store before you? Another douche move, no doubt. Not to mention the douches at Disney who decided on packaging that would allow someone to feel through them to determine whether the discs had the lenticular picture.

JohngPR

I heard the Wii Pro Pad isn't compatible at this moment, does anyone know if the old Wii Pro controller will work? Playing with my son and absolutely hate the Nunchuk/Wii Remote combo. :-\

RobbieNick

I heard the Wii Pro Pad isn't compatible at this moment, does anyone know if the old Wii Pro controller will work? Playing with my son and absolutely hate the Nunchuk/Wii Remote combo. :-\

Back of the box shows compatibility with ALL of the controllers.

Cheska

I'm reading about these issues with the PS3 version. Do they all equally look as good graphically? Outside of the 3DS version of course.

Frazley

I'm reading about these issues with the PS3 version. Do they all equally look as good graphically? Outside of the 3DS version of course.
The issues are due to the patch that was just released. If you play offline it seems to be working. Disney has said on the DisneyInfinity twitter that they are working on the issues right now.

I got four packs and somehow managed to get zero doubles, and I got two lenticulasr - Abu the elephant and the TRU exclusive Mike's car. I didn't feel the packets so I feel especially lucky.

Again the only sad thing is that we bought the game specifically for my sons as a Christmas present, so we have to wait a while till we get to try them out!

DJ_Lae

My starter pack had a holographic Abu in it, though I'm probably going to have to swap the damn thing because the game disc is jacked and won't load.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I know. I heard that the Pro Controller isn't supported though. Not sure if the day one patch fixed that or not. Also wondering if the old Wii Classic Controller worked or not as well.
In-game manual (from Wii U menu) says only Gamepad or wiimote+nunchuk. :( Sorry.

On another lame note, Disney has disabled screenshots for Miiverse. Hoping they reconsider. :/ This is like the second game EVER that I've seen do this...

SickBoy

Guess the PS3 version goes back and I keep it on 360. I wound up preordering both in the absence of any serious info. Doubt there'll be significant differences by the time we actually play, but may as well start with the version that isn't beginning semi-broken.

Is there any way to set it up to load your latest progress when switching to a playset??

It's really annoying that it doesn't do that, why they wouldn't set it up that way is a head scratcher, wondering if there is a workaround.

XShagrath

Yes, such a total douche for taking the time to outsmart everyone else. Did he also happen to get to the store before you? Another douche move, no doubt. Not to mention the douches at Disney who decided on packaging that would allow someone to feel through them to determine whether the discs had the lenticular picture.
It is a douche move to feel the packages. It's supposed to be random for a reason. If someone did that at a sports card shop or something, they'd definitely be kicked out.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

So, did you actually find any holograms with all the work you put in?

Trying to decide if I should buy a power disc album. Anyone have one care to comment in them?

Got one for my son, it's great...Perfect seeing as these will be collectibles, and it folds up neatly for storage in an entertainment center or on a shelf...Definitely worth the 10 bucks IMO.

prophecy0

Is there a list of the TRU exclusive power discs? I've only opened two of my four TRU exclusive power disc packs so far, but I already got two of the Mike's Car discs.

Edit: Nevermind, I found a list here .

Is there any way to set it up to load your latest progress when switching to a playset??

It's really annoying that it doesn't do that, why they wouldn't set it up that way is a head scratcher, wondering if there is a workaround.

I think you said that wrong but I know what you mean...and no idea why you have to start from the beginning of the playset when you switch characters

also a real head scratcher is how did they let dash pick up trucks and why doesnt he have super speed to run fast?

Is there a list of the TRU exclusive power discs? I've only opened two of my four TRU exclusive power disc packs so far, but I already got two of the Mike's Car discs.

Edit: Nevermind, I found a list here .

I heard in this thread earlier that only Mike's Car was in the packs to start though. Might wanna sell the other packs or something.

EDIT: dammit

Holy shit. This game is the buggiest thing I have ever played. It's crashed on me 5 times. I've had to play the intro over and over again. I've spent around 100 for this crap lol. Pretty ridiculous. Watch out, not sure if it's console specific. This is the PS3 version.

jimwhat

These have been selling surprisingly well at my Walmart. I stocked them at 7AM (A total of 8 starter kits, 16 triple packs, 12 Playsets and 30 single characters) and I was sold out by 1 PM.

FYI - Starter Kit at Walmart gets a $15 gift card ($75)
- Playset pack down to $20 (Normally $35)
- Charcter 3 Pack down to $15 (Normally $30)
- Single characters and carrying case are full price

Holy shit. This game is the buggiest thing I have ever played. It's crashed on me 5 times. I've had to play the intro over and over again. I've spent around 100 for this crap lol. Pretty ridiculous. Watch out, not sure if it's console specific. This is the PS3 version.

delete the update and stay off line. the day one patch causes these problems. I was pissed before I found this out also. so go to game data utility and delete the 1.01 update its 61 mb

Memles

also a real head scratcher is how did they let dash pick up trucks and why doesnt he have super speed to run fast?

I can't fix the first problem (which is where their decision to have every character be interchangeable, rather than having fundamentally different skills ala say Donkey Kong 64, becomes a bit of a stretch), but hold down ZR—or your other console equivalent—to fix the latter.

jimwhat

The Walmart closest to me had nothing out at all not even signs. So I ask the clerk and he says that game doesn't come out till Tuesday lol

I got them at my store. The display (Tv and character stand) and all the play sets. They probably just have a crappy video game vender, because it clearly said to display them on the 18th on the box they came in.

Edit: If you go to Walmart's website, find the item, get the UPC, then call the store. They can find it a lot easier with the UPC number

I went to Toys R Us in White Plains, NY and there are HUNDREDS of figures left. They must have a least 20 of each one. There is an entire aisle dedicated to Infinity and it looks like nobody has touched it. I wish I didn't preorder most of this stuff from Amazon. It would have been easier to get it at TRU.

prophecy0

I believe Mike's Car is the only TRU exclusive in the current batch.

I heard in this thread earlier that only Mike's Car was in the packs to start though. Might wanna sell the other packs or something.

EDIT: dammit

Well damn, that sucks. I guess I'll return the two unopened packs and get two of the regular packs instead (assuming TRU allows returns on the power disc packs).

Fantomex

Guy bought 8 power packs at TRU, they were all mikes car. Then another dude came in and called someone in his cell phone and managed to purchase 6 Lightning Mcqueens, they looked dumb to me but he seemed to want to turn a profit.

These figures look amazing nonetheless. These kinda hobbies always bring good and bad things with it.

I omly got 1 disc pack, I know I got Alice's texture pack and the other one is a buff of some sort. Makes me want to buy more until I get a sky dome at least.

I can't fix the first problem (which is where their decision to have every character be interchangeable, rather than having fundamentally different skills ala say Donkey Kong 64, becomes a bit of a stretch), but hold down ZR—or your other console equivalent—to fix the latter.

I could have sworn I pressed every button...thanks for the info. I'm playing on ps3

I did not get one from you. Sorry.

Also, where is the spreadsheet for the disc trading? Got a few extras up for trade.

Not that it matters now but one of the numbers I guessed was 762. I was just surprised at how close I would have been. Oh well, still would have been over. Congrats to the winner.

Top Bottom