• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

has this been posted yet?

powerdisc_retflsgp.png

I guess this is the rest of the power discs, series 2 & 3

Good find, but the rare discs are still missing.
Wave 2 will be comprissed of 20 discs, 17 normal + 3 red rares
Wave 3 will be comprissed of 15 discs, 14 normal + 1 red rare

You can see this information on https://infinity.disney.com/power-discs#set2

The set you posted have the 2 discs from Frozen Set which will not be part the disc waves plus 31 normal discs from wave 1 and 2. Still missing the rare ones.

Nothing new. All those discs can be previewed in the Hall of Heroes.

Yes, but we can extrapolate a few things seeing all the discs at once.

As you can see there are 10 toybox texture discs (5 skies and 5 terrans): wall-e, nighmare before xmas, phineas & ferb, frozen and frankenweenie. It is consistent with the discs showed on disneyinfinity.com: 2 from the frozen set, 6 from the wave 2 and 2 from wave 3.

So we can deduct that there will be no Phineas & Ferb pack like the Frozen one (2 figures + 2 discs) because the p&f discs are part of the waves. They will probably be released as two single packs.

Gorki247

Yes, but we can extrapolate a few things seeing all the discs at once.

As you can see there are 10 toybox texture discs (5 skies and 5 terrans): wall-e, nighmare before xmas, phineas & ferb, frozen and frankenweenie. It is consistent with the discs showed on disneyinfinity.com: 2 from the frozen set, 6 from the wave 2 and 2 from wave 3.

So we can deduct that there will be no Phineas & Ferb pack like the Frozen one (2 figures + 2 discs) because the p&f discs are part of the waves. They will probably be released as two single packs.

Isn't this missing the Toys R Us exclusives; which will be re-released as regular discs as part of Wave 2 and 3? In which case you need to account for the Tron texture discs; which would then leave 2 extras, possibly the P&F ones.

From what I've worked out; there are 4 extra hexes and 4 extra round ones that can be included in toy box sets like Frozen.

Isn't this missing the Toys R Us exclusives; which will be re-released as regular discs as part of Wave 2 and 3? In which case you need to account for the Tron texture discs; which would then leave 2 extras, possibly the P&F ones.

From what I've worked out; there are 4 extra hexes and 4 extra round ones that can be included in toy box sets like Frozen.

You are right, I forgot about those exclusives. So Phineas could be a set like Frozen.

However TRU exclusives also includes 3 hexagonal toy discs and 5 round abilities discs.

Wave 2 has 5 round discs, wave 3 has 4. Being 5 of them the 5 TRU exclusives, leaving another 4 discs to be disclosed. And there are 8 on that image.

Wave 2 has 6 toy discs plus 3 rares, wave 3 has another 8 plus one rare. Total 18 toys discs, but only 3 should be the same as the TRU exclusives, leaving 15 still to be disclosed. And the image has exactly 15, so all hex toy discs should be on the power discs packs (plus 2 on the Frozen Set and 2 on the P&F Set).

However unless the information on disneyinfinity is wrong, there 4 round discs that will not be distributed in the power disc packs (?)

Or I am terrible at math....

Let's see:

Frozen toy set: 2 figures + 2 hex discs = confirmed
Phineas & Ferb toy set: 2 figures + 2 hex discs = highly like

Vanellope and Ralph single packs = confirmed
Vanellope in Girl Power Tri-pack = confirmed

I doubt we will see another SKU with Vanellope (like a Wrack-it-Ralph toy set with 2 figures + 2 or 4 round disks).

So it is still not clear where those 4 remaining round discs will be packed. I doubt they will came packed together with single pack figures (Mickey, Ralph) because none of the current single packs comes with discs.

Unless some of the TRU exclusives are really exclusives.

Gorki247

@Chiaroscuro: You're probably right. I was just speculating on how the 4 extra round discs may get release.

Of course, there is still the possibility that those 4 are genuine TRU exclusives. Of the 5 round discs, only one is set to appear in Wave 2 (Emperor Zurg's Wrath). Leaving the other 4 either for Wave 3, a pack-in or no re-release!

Sh0k

Is there a glitch in the Monsters University playset? Over 11 hours and I have collected everything posible, but by some reason it doesn't let me buy the Glow Urchin from the toy store. Playing on the Wii U by the way.

RkOwnage

How do you get the Teleporter? Is it in the Toy Vault? I've shuffled many many times and haven't been able to roll it, is it bad luck on my part or is it acquired somehow else?

Thanks

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Is there a glitch in the Monsters University playset? Over 11 hours and I have collected everything posible, but by some reason it doesn't let me buy the Glow Urchin from the toy store. Playing on the Wii U by the way.
You need to collect all of the MU banners on campus.

Shancake

I don't know where this rumor came from but the TRU exclusives won't be released in waves. If you add up the numbers from the website then count the number of discs in hall of heroes it works out perfectly to all 3 waves + 10 extras

Sh0k

You need to collect all of the MU banners on campus.

On campus were you get all the frat houses or in the main campus? I have looked everywhere and I can't find anything else.

EDIT: Never mind, I found the last banner in the back of one of the main buildings. Finally got the glow urchin, thanks for your help!

I don't know where this rumor came from but the TRU exclusives won't be released in waves. If you add up the numbers from the website then count the number of discs in hall of heroes it works out perfectly to all 3 waves + 10 extras

Yep and Mike's Car + the Tron Disc (the first 2 TrU exclusives) aren't in that picture. Good to know that the TrU exclusives are actually exclusive.

I don't know if it's just the PS3 version or what, but this game has so much input lag that Killzone fans would call it "weighty." It's especially terrible when driving cars, any amount of precision is all but impossible. Kills the game's kart racing potential for me.

Edit: Made a gif example.

RkOwnage

Anyone? Teleporter? Is it in the Toy Vault? I have been shuffling for a while and haven't had any luck finding it. Just curious, thanks.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone? Teleporter? Is it in the Toy Vault? I have been shuffling for a while and haven't had any luck finding it. Just curious, thanks.

I got a Teleporter in my first few spins. Keep shuffling!

You may see an Invisinator (Phineas and Ferb) that looks similar to it. Don't be fooled!

Or do be. It's fun to be invisible!

Maybe check your current collection first? I spent like 15 minutes earlier trying to get it to show up in the vault............ I already had it.

RobbieNick

Okay, I got pretty much the entire series 1 collection now minus the Crystal Lightning (and I don't care to get it either). I just need Mike's New Car out of the Power Disc Collection soooo.....TRADING TIME AGAIN!

So, what I want...

Mike's New Car

What I have to trade

Abu Elephant (RARE)

2X Bolt Power up

2X Rapuzel Birthday Sky

Mulan's Horse

Fix-It Felix Power up

PM me. I will trade 1 rare and 2 common or 4 common.

DodgerSan

So how do these retail exclusives work in Europe? I have the UK version, and while I haven't checked every disc in HoH, there's no slot for Crystal McQueen that I can see.

So do we just have no chance of getting things like the TRU exclusives? Would be fairly consistent with the way Disney treats us with stuff like extras on movies etc I suppose.

Gorki247

Because people have seen the Wave 2 disc album and it includes some of the TRU discs.

The sums don't work out the way you say either.

Wave 1 = 16 hex + 4 round
Wave 2 = 15 hex + 5 round
Wave 3 = 11 hex + 4 round
-------------------------------
Total = 42 hex + 13 round

Hall of Heroes = 46 round + 17 round

That leaves only 4 extra each, and we know that at least 2 of those extra hexes will come in the Frozen toy set.

That means that at least some of the TRU exclusives aren't exclusive at all; except for the colored borders. I'm sure they will be re-released as regular clear discs later on.

borghe

Yes they will. We've already seen some non-exclusive versions and all of the counts match up. Disney has already said nothing about the game will be locked behind exclusives. Exclusives will only look different. If those discs were exclusive and never came out anywhere else, anyone without a store by them is screwed.

A little free time and I start thinking about some ideas for Disney to improve the next year game (I still refuses to call it Infinity 2, sounds dumb, better would be something like Infinity Chapter 2 or something like that).

- Do not make the toybox a unlockable party, at least not for important things related to game logic (score trackers, cameras, etc). It actuallys limits the creativity. The people that likes to build worlds are not necessary the same as the ones that spend hours unlocking stuff in the playsets. You can however make things like objects and textures as unlockables, but keep the important things free.

- Make a progression tracker on the playsets. I want to know how many unlockables I still need to find.

- Online co-op of up to 4 playes in the playsets.

- Special editions, like the crystal figures, are OK if widely available for some time (even if restricted to only a retailer). But do not make very limited editions only available for a few days on a special event/fair like Activision did for Skylanders. Yeah, golden-frozen-special-only-available-here-for-a-day-figure looks great but I will not pay hundreds of bucks to ebay scalpers because I could not attend a specific event in the other side of the world. Yeah, that includes the D23 Mickey. Looks cool but definitly falls in the same category.

- Related to last point it would be cool if Disney makes special editions only available at the parks (but available for at least some months, so people can get it). Or they could release special power discs packs only available at Disney parks. The discs could be the same as the regular ones but in another colour (like the rare orange/red ones, they could came i.e in blue). They could only the same toy but with a different paint job/texture, denoting in game that they come from a park special series.

borghe

Point 1 I'm conflicted on. Maybe have SOME extra stuff unlocked through Mastery Adventures but you do get basics to start creating a toy box just going through those. Everything else is kindda just "whaaaa I don't want to play the playsets!!!" Besides there are already well known exploits both leveling and spins and Disney has already said they knew about them and left them in.

Point 2 100%.

Point 3 was supposed to be the case for this game but they had a problem with net code being stable. Build a toy box that spikes into the red and try playing it online with even one other person and see what happens. Might go well but I'm willing to be there will be lots of drops. Hopefully they really hammer down on the net code for the next game.

Your points 4 and 5 conflict. One you say no exclusives but then the other you say make them exclusive to disney parks. The closest disney park to me is around 1000 miles, literally.

Personally I am 100% fine with what Disney has done. The problem people have with Skylanders is NOT the super rare figures. It's that they are shipped in unbalanced cases. Putting together a full basic Infinity figure set is trivial. Putting together a basic Skylanders set is a pain in the butt and will almost always resort to third party sellers. Variant Infinity figures are pricey. Variant RARE Skylanders are relatively unattainable.

FWIW the only truly rare figures right now are Mickey with silver stars and the handmade Phineas and Perry. Yes they are ridiculously expensive but that's what figures like that are supposed to be. Crystal Lightning is rare-ish but I bet if you ask someone on here theres still some who have one near them that they'd be willing to ship you one (I have none available otherwise I would)

Yeah, I know my desires from exclusive editions are a little bit conflitant. I mean, I would like exclusive itens that are not that difficult to find if you get them at the appropriate time. Let me explain: if I knew that a special edition will only be distributed (usually for free) at a special event or fair, I will not be able to get it anyway because I will not attend the event and ebay scalpers will sell the figure day one at impossible prices. Now if they made an exclusive figure for park, but available for a while (let's say for a few months) even if I will not visit the park (I do not live in US, I am 4.000 miles from Florida) during that period of time I will be able to get the exclusive figure through another seller paying a premium fee, but usually not in the same range as the special event editions. Now if I miss the time the figure is being sold and months later I tried to buy them, sure I will pay the same high prices as the one-day event figures. But that would be my fault. I think it is the same with vinylmations.

I think the biggest thing they need to improve on for the sequel is the game's overall presentation.

Look at all the menus, loading screens, dialogue overlays, etc. It's sterile as hell. Infinity needs its own identity to tie together all the other IPs it brings in. I'm not necessarily saying they need their own version of a "Figment" (though maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea), it just needs its own unique feel. It needs to be a Disney property itself, instead of simply being a sterile platform striving for nothing more than "functional enough" to bring together the other properties.

Hell, they're already halfway there with the fantastic introduction to the game. Why not base the entire "connective tissue" part of the experience off that? Whimsical, nostalgic, etc.

I don't know... Having played a lot of it, there's a lot of stuff I like and some things that really rub me the wrong way. For starters, I don't like having to purchase every playset character in order to unlock the vaults with the toybox stuff in, and I don't like having to buy blind packs unlock toybox items when they are toybox-only characters that rely on those items, either.

Another problem I have is - well, it's pretty much my main knock against the game - the characters aren't really diverse enough to justify buying them in the first place. I wouldn't mind shelling out for a few characters if they had more character-specific abilities. The Lone Ranger shoots a gun, Tonto throws an axe; the rest of their abilities are interchangeable because they're tools. That's it. Sulley and Mike start off with a scare and a shoulder charge. There's no difference between them save for animation, voices etc. It's disappointing having played Skylanders with its (albeit simple) upgrade paths.

Also, the whole 'we don't mix IP'? Bullshit. You're kind of breaking that when you let Randall take missions from Randall. I want to fly between Pirates boats as Buzz Lightyear, damnit! They could've gone with 'heroes vs villains' story and that would've made much more sense. Have the Disney villains band together or something. Hell, you could even ask kids to pick a side!

Another problem I have is - well, it's pretty much my main knock against the game - the characters aren't really diverse enough to justify buying them in the first place. I wouldn't mind shelling out for a few characters if they had more character-specific abilities.

That's by far the biggest thing Skylanders has over Infinity IMO. Levelling up your characters is 100% useless, other than to get spins in the toybox. So if you're playing Infinity for the playsets more so than the Toybox, it's an incredibly hollow experience.

Liberty4all

Banned
I was on the verge of buying the game last week but changed my mind and given the impressions in this thread I'm glad I did.

Levelling up characters was part of the core Skylanders experience.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Just picked up the PS3 version of the game while on my lunch break, as well as Violet Parr, and 2 more Power Disc Packs for a total of 8 discs. Unfortunately, 2 of the discs I already have, so I only have 6 unique ones.

Looking forward to giving it a go when I get home from work. I'm honestly more interested in the Toy Box mode than anything else, but I'll still complete the 3 playsets available, and pick up the other characters at a later time.

eggwolio

For starters, I don't like having to purchase every playset character in order to unlock the vaults with the toybox stuff

The base will still read the figures in their packages. Technically you could purchase the characters you need to open the vault, open it, and return the ones you don't want. It's an inconvenience and definitely a little shady I suppose, but it's a solution nonetheless.

I think the biggest thing they need to improve on for the sequel is the game's overall presentation.

Look at all the menus, loading screens, dialogue overlays, etc. It's sterile as hell. Infinity needs its own identity to tie together all the other IPs it brings in. I'm not necessarily saying they need their own version of a "Figment" (though maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea), it just needs its own unique feel. It needs to be a Disney property itself, instead of simply being a sterile platform striving for nothing more than "functional enough" to bring together the other properties.

Hell, they're already halfway there with the fantastic introduction to the game. Why not base the entire "connective tissue" part of the experience off that? Whimsical, nostalgic, etc.

Have you seen Skylanders' menus? The fonts they use? Its a mess and I would have bet all that shit was placeholder at one time and they said "fuck it". I haven't played Giants, so I don't know if they improved on it, but I'd take Infinity's menus any day. I'm not a graphic designer or a designer of any kind, but I can see what you're saying but I think it would be hard to theme out Infinity when it is based off of multiple themes as it is. I guess go further with the IN logo like they do in the playsets.

I don't know... Having played a lot of it, there's a lot of stuff I like and some things that really rub me the wrong way. For starters, I don't like having to purchase every playset character in order to unlock the vaults with the toybox stuff in, and I don't like having to buy blind packs unlock toybox items when they are toybox-only characters that rely on those items, either.

I don't get this, so you would rather have Skylanders levels to not be 100% available to you due to elemental lock outs (needing different toys to get into) , than a couple lock boxes? I'd rather have 100% of the world available to me with a few items for another part of the game locked away than not having the whole level at my disposal.

Another problem I have is - well, it's pretty much my main knock against the game - the characters aren't really diverse enough to justify buying them in the first place. I wouldn't mind shelling out for a few characters if they had more character-specific abilities. The Lone Ranger shoots a gun, Tonto throws an axe; the rest of their abilities are interchangeable because they're tools. That's it. Sulley and Mike start off with a scare and a shoulder charge. There's no difference between them save for animation, voices etc. It's disappointing having played Skylanders with its (albeit simple) upgrade paths.

I feel there isn't any pressure for anyone to buy more characters than they need. Thats a big plus for parents. They're being true to the source of the character and not necessarily thinking of these characters as video game characters...which is insane, since this is a damn video game!. I for one am a toy collector as it is, so I'll be getting them all, if anything for cool display pieces. I dig the style.

Also, the whole 'we don't mix IP'? Bullshit. You're kind of breaking that when you let Randall take missions from Randall. I want to fly between Pirates boats as Buzz Lightyear, damnit! They could've gone with 'heroes vs villains' story and that would've made much more sense. Have the Disney villains band together or something. Hell, you could even ask kids to pick a side!

Randall IS from that IP though. I can see both sides of the arguement though. They could have done this like Lego does and let a freeplay unlock or something where any character goes. But I completely agree with them when it comes to certain characters. I don't want to see Lightning McQueen on a pirate ship. Sounds pretty stupid to me. They're also highly protective of their IP but consumers don't give a shit about that.

Not to belabor the point, but are 360 / WiiU players seeing input lag like this? If they're any better I might try to sell my ps3 copy and move to one of those, because this is crazy. Especially bad while driving or playing the Cars playset.

Example: http://i.minus.com/ibkQkb6j6Ccjmf.gif

Edit: The Lone Ranger playset is fantastic! Don't pass this up.

Top Bottom