• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divekick |OT| My sneakers are ready

So as some of you already know (if you read the Fighting Game Weekly thread, at least), I'm gonna be hosting an online GAF tournament for Divekick this weekend. One for PSN and one for Steam. You can feel free to enter both if you wish. Nothing is on the line except your pride.

If you want in, then quote this post (so I can see my own post highlighted as I scroll by) and mention if you're entering the PSN, Steam, or both tournaments. If you don't quote the post, then I don't enter you. Simple as that. I don't need your PSN/Steam usernames since I'm going to be using your GAF name in the brackets, but if you really want to include them, then you can.

I'm gonna make a separate thread for the tournament in the next few days just to keep things easier on myself. I'll explain more stuff there, like the rules and such.

If it's still possible, please sign me up for steam.

Beckx

I bought on Vita and hit download and it seemed like it downloaded a file and then is downloading another file roughly the same size as the first (both were like 400 MB or something...don't remember). It actually installed an app on my Vita and it shows there is an update. When I press that, it says I am already downloading the update...so the update is just about as large as the game itself?

Yes, I saw that too. Worse when your memory card is maxed. :p

So as some of you already know (if you read the Fighting Game Weekly thread, at least), I'm gonna be hosting an online GAF tournament for Divekick this weekend. One for PSN and one for Steam. You can feel free to enter both if you wish. Nothing is on the line except your pride.

If you want in, then quote this post (so I can see my own post highlighted as I scroll by) and mention if you're entering the PSN, Steam, or both tournaments. If you don't quote the post, then I don't enter you. Simple as that. I don't need your PSN/Steam usernames since I'm going to be using your GAF name in the brackets, but if you really want to include them, then you can.

I'm gonna make a separate thread for the tournament in the next few days just to keep things easier on myself. I'll explain more stuff there, like the rules and such.

Steam

baphomet

After spending a good 2 hours trying to download the game and update with constant time out errors, I finally get in the game and can't find any ranked matches. Fucking horseshit.

why is this game so good? it shouldnt be by any means, but it is amazing. Loving the Baz at the moment, thinking of trying either uncle sensei or S Kill after

Cels

My roommate and I are having a blast with this right now. The trophies are horrifying, though.

why are they horrifying? looks like a bunch of "do X in ranked match" plus a couple story mode ones. the most time-consuming one will probably be the 2000 ranked matches one

Having a bit of success with Shoals online, I really like the control over my jumps. Trying to use her hover special always trips me up though.

Also, why can't Dive and Kick be mapped to the mouse buttons? I'm using the arrow keys now, but they're a bit mushy on my old keyboard.

Kuusoge

This game has been great so far. I was worried it was getting too complicated prelaunch but I was wrong. Just finished playing against some random guy for over an hour going back and forth. Matchmaking has been quick and ggpo works well.

DryvBy

Why are we supporting this? Probably one of the worst games of 2013. If this wasn't indie, we'd all burn this game.

Kioshen

@Keits

Can you ask the programmers to block the screen saver when the game is full screen ? It's pretty annoying to fumble around when the screen goes blank because of that :/.

===============

Mr.N is such a nice rush down machine ! He's my favorite so far.

Modedude

Ended up using the bumpers on the 360 controller as my buttons, what other configurations we got?

Half tempted to be crazy and see if I can map it to analogue sticks.

JeTmAn81

Why are we supporting this? Probably one of the worst games of 2013. If this wasn't indie, we'd all burn this game.

"I don't like that thing." Thanks for the insight, guy. I'm having a blast with the game so far. Mr. N and Dr. Shoals are the best I've tried.

@Keits

Can you ask the programmers to block the screen saver when the game is full screen ? It's pretty annoying to fumble around when the screen goes blank because of that :/.

I've had this same issue when playing windowed. I figured it only occurred with specific games. I'd love for it to be patched if possible.

DMG-01

Dear Shoals players online: use some abilities or else you're going to get bodied. And this is coming from a guy who just barely got up to a 50% win ration. :p

Fake edit: MarkMan is so good. I just pulled off a Dive -> Feint -> Dive and it was the coolest thing ever. I'm starting to see why people like fighting games so much.
Ended up using the bumpers on the 360 controller as my buttons, what other configurations we got?

Half tempted to be crazy and see if I can map it to analogue sticks.

I've been rocking < and &#9675; on the PS3. Also, on the PS3 version, you can use R3/L3 if you were sufficiently insane enough to want to.

FluxWaveZ

What is CR? I'm getting more PR as I win matches on PSN, but my CR (which I assumed was "character rating") stays at 0.

Edit: Just played against someone with the PSN name "MarkMan" who almost frauded me using Markman.

Tan

People have noooooo idea what to do against the Baz. I think some of the randoms I was fighting were twitch streamers because they seemed like they were explaining the Baz with no one else in the room
and getting very upset

Yeah I doubted it but I totally use the same thing.

Steam

Watching some dudes stream and ended up playing him, ran it back after almost being frauded with markman, that spring of his is a hell of a tool to get people.

Dahbomb

Worst post of this thread by far.

This game is a lot of fun and I have been playing it almost non stop for 5-6 hours. This is one of those few games where you can easily play with all the characters with some level of fundamentals and its fun to counter pick people and use gimmicks to out smart them.

I had so many fun/crazy moments in clutch situations.

Keits

Developer
@Keits

===============

Mr.N is such a nice rush down machine ! He's my favorite so far.

Yes! For now, turn it off, but we will look at fixing this as early as tomorrow.

Edgeward

Cleared Story mode with Jefailey while waiting for the rest of the game to download. Didn't drop a single match. Eat it, Seth Killian

anyone want to play online?

psn: Edgeward34

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Locked out of the Steam market for another 24 hours, got hella keys to sell for this. ALso wondering which game will get more players: Skullgirls or Divekick?

P.S. Why does Steam Monster look so shit?

Fuck the boss in this game.

Also I don't understand Kung Pao's specials.

Ground special creates a portal exit at her location. Opponents can destroy the portal by kicking it.

Air special creates an entrance portal and she immediately jumps through it, coming out of the exit portal. If there is no exit, she just creates one next to the entrance portal. I believe you can hold both buttons to stay in the portals a little longer.

Ferrio

Banned
Ground special creates a portal exit at her location. Opponents can destroy the portal by kicking it.

Air special creates an entrance portal and Kung Pao immediately jumps through it, coming out of the exit portal. If there is no exit, it just creates one next to the entrance portal. I believe you can hold both buttons to stay in the portals a little longer.

That's what I thought... seems to take a lot of meter for a skill that's not that useful.

Edgeward

unranked seems the only thing that works on vita. ranked gets nothing and I can't join lobbies, with every lobby showing a ping of 999

Top Bottom