• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divekick |OT| My sneakers are ready

Keits

Developer
Can you guys elaborate on the Vita online issues you are experiencing? We popped up our two retail Vitas in the office and found matches in ranked easily.

kassatsu

Banned
Can you guys elaborate on the Vita online issues you are experiencing? We popped up our two retail Vitas in the office and found matches in ranked easily.

Just sits there, also every lobby I tried to join just gave me an error. They were all showing 999 ping (which I doubt was the real ping)

I can stream from my Vita keits if you wanna see.

"Dr. Shoals is incredibly, wonderfully broken."

Actually, she has really bad matchups against some of the most popular characters online right now.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
All I can say is I was putting in work against people as Dr. Shoals.

I won't rule out the possibility that they were scrubs, though.

Shoals feels like one of the roughest matchups to me as Dive, personally.

All matchups are the roughest matchups to me unless I scumbag tactics against a Jefailey.

johnhandy

Played through story mode with one character then hopped online for a few Ranked matches. Pretty damn fun and I can see my friends picking it up as well. Worth the wait!

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Yeah, worry only about the lightning. When they get enough meter for the ground ability be sure that he's not on the ground if you try to hit him because that could be certain death.
So simple. So smart. I need to start doing that haha.

Dr. Shoals is incredibly, wonderfully broken.
Nah, she's alright though. Just stay under her, it's impossible for her to kick you. Though I did play a Shoals player for like an hour and he won 3/5 times or maybe more. I feel like the fault lies with me.

So what is the general opion of this game on people not involved with the fighting community?
It's great, I don't even play fighting games. I have been following DK pretty closely though, I knew it was a game I would enjoy.

Edgeward

Baz is definitely annoying the first couple times but once I got the hang of what he does and what the player likes to do it wasnt bad. Only thing that is hard as Jefailey is just cornering them since his dropkick charge precludes him from pressuring fast enough like most other chars can

Dahbomb

Dive, Kick and Redacted are all bad match ups for Shoals. Mr.N is pretty good too because that float really messes up her timing for Foot dives. Uncle Sensei in his shallow dive kick mode gives her trouble too.

I don't think any character is "broken" in this game at least not yet.

jlevel13

I just tried it again on vita and had no problems connecting to a couple of ranked matches this time. A couple hours earlier it just seemed to hang on searching (for three or five minutes before I gave up). Same default settings, so kind of a mystery... Maybe it's fixed now?

kassatsu

Banned
I just tried it again on vita and had no problems connecting to a couple of ranked matches this time. A couple hours earlier it just seemed to hang on searching (for three or five minutes before I gave up). Same default settings, so kind of a mystery...

I have just been sitting on ranked screen for about 5min with nothing =/

Keits

Developer
Just sits there, also every lobby I tried to join just gave me an error. They were all showing 999 ping (which I doubt was the real ping)

I can stream from my Vita keits if you wanna see.

We can't recreate that here in the office, so I'm leaning toward believing that something is up with your router/NAT settings.

vulva

Shoals really struggles against super vertical kicks. Those shut her down so hard and she has to switch to a patience game.

Shoals with kick gem can fuck up Baz real bad, btw, to everyone complaining about Baz

Edgeward

All lobbies show ping of 999. Couldn't connect to a lobby of a friend who was on PS3, also showed ping of 999.

Haven't connected to a single person on ranked. NAT2

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Just stay under Shoals. That's what I do. It's only really scary when she has meter or headshots you.

"What would those be?"

Dive and Redacted, IMO.

Yeah I feel like Shoals dominates characters who can't consistently dive higher than her so Kung and Baz are both destroyed by her but conversely characters like Dive and Redacted, as you mentioned, can deal with her better because they can get above footdive fairly easily.

Keits

Developer
All lobbies show ping of 999. Couldn't connect to a lobby of a friend who was on PS3, also showed ping of 999.

Haven't connected to a single person on ranked. NAT2

So, the 999 thing means that Sony's servers are unable to ping those lobbies. We should probably display a ??? there instead, because that won't be your actual ping to the other player.

Try to get it to NAT1, perhaps by putting your VITA on DMZ in your router settings. That should help.

Have you been able to connect to anyone at all? (EDIT: I see you have. I think something is going on with your router, please investigate!)

Keits

Developer
We are still finding matches and joining lobbies no problem here from the office. I'm not sure what help to offer right now being that we aren't really sure why this could be happening.

vulva

Tried putting Vita on DMZ, didn't help

Guess what I did while you were reporting these issues. Dethroned you.
IMG20130821022929195.jpg

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Could be your office Internet setup is better somehow. Try in different locations/with different routers if possible.

K.Sabot

So if you hit the start button right before going back to searching for a match, it's there forever and you can't get out of it.

Time to try and replicate it!

Edgeward

Well, I finally got only 2 ranked matches this whole night but both were wins. And the 1st match I frauded a MarkMan and got 4 trophies. So at least this frustrating night ended on a high note.

This game looks very bad, like amateur flash game bad. I've heard the GB crew hyping it up since a while ago but what is supposed to be so special about it?

So as some of you already know (if you read the Fighting Game Weekly thread, at least), I'm gonna be hosting an online GAF tournament for Divekick this weekend. One for PSN and one for Steam. You can feel free to enter both if you wish. Nothing is on the line except your pride.

If you want in, then quote this post (so I can see my own post highlighted as I scroll by) and mention if you're entering the PSN, Steam, or both tournaments. If you don't quote the post, then I don't enter you. Simple as that. I don't need your PSN/Steam usernames since I'm going to be using your GAF name in the brackets, but if you really want to include them, then you can.

I'm gonna make a separate thread for the tournament in the next few days just to keep things easier on myself. I'll explain more stuff there, like the rules and such.

Steam please!

Top Bottom