• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divekick |OT| My sneakers are ready

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Someone play this with me (on Vita, if that matters). I'm Dacvak on PSN.

I just downloaded this. God, it's so awesome.

ScOULaris

Had a chance to play a few ranked and unranked matches tonight.

From my limited experimentation thus far, I think I like playing Mr. N and Redacted the best. Mr. N is just solid all around with great specials, and Redacted is good at reacting and countering an opponent's attacks with his quick jump and steep kick angle.

Oh, and Markman too. His shenanigans are just too much fun.

Tobe

bomb is telling me beef is doing a tourney for this. i offer myself to organize a steam welcome tourney. just leave your steam id and ill add you.

16 spots open if we dont make it ill do a 8 man one.

RS4-

bomb is telling me beef is doing a tourney for this. i offer myself to organize a steam welcome tourney. just leave your steam id and ill add you.

16 spots open if we dont make it ill do a 8 man one.

You know who dat Gagne Ouest is on steam.

And game needs lobbies, not just 2 players :(

AcridMeat

Banned
Not many people got this for PC huh? I got to play with another gaffer while in mumble, game is super fun.

I wish there were a couple more characters.

Camjo-Z

Jefailey is my favorite so far. Just sitting there charging his kick works pretty well and even got me both YOLO gem trophies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Went through story mode and beat S. Kill on my first try. I feel invincible.

Tobe

getting the game as we are talking. yeah probably run a challonge. eveyrbody make rooms play their matches report to me. how about the weekend? i guess ill run a 8 man tourney.

Gagne Quest
Dahbomb
me

getting the game as we are talking. yeah probably run a challonge. eveyrbody make rooms play their matches report to me. how about the weekend? i guess ill run a 8 man tourney.

Gagne Quest
Dahbomb
me

You're way late. I'm running a tournament for both Steam and PSN.

Pepto

Banned
Man I'm so bad at this game. I haven't won a single match online.

Maybe I should drop stream monster and pick a top tier...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Hey look! I'm #1 MarkMan and top 5! I was just playing for an hour! :D

a6121e840a1511e3a9dd22000a9e29a7_7.jpg

ca6ed2320a1911e3a34522000ae80008_7.jpg

I'm sure i'll disappear from the leaderboards after tonight, but I just wanted to play a bit before going back to work :(

What is CR? I'm getting more PR as I win matches on PSN, but my CR (which I assumed was "character rating") stays at 0.

Edit: Just played against someone with the PSN name "MarkMan" who almost frauded me using Markman.

That was me :)

Kard8p3

Aww yeah, finally decided to say "fuck it" and bought the game, even though I need every bit of money I can use.. definitely do not regret it.

Is it too late to sign up for that tournament? Steam for me if not, Kard8p3_

This weekend.

Make a Challonge account anyways, just in case I need someone to help with the bracket.

Yo Beef, sign me up for the tournament pls

Also, loving S-Kill and Markman now that I'm putting more work into them. All the characters in this game are great, really.

EDIT:

So as some of you already know (if you read the Fighting Game Weekly thread, at least), I'm gonna be hosting an online GAF tournament for Divekick this weekend. One for PSN and one for Steam. You can feel free to enter both if you wish. Nothing is on the line except your pride.

If you want in, then quote this post (so I can see my own post highlighted as I scroll by) and mention if you're entering the PSN, Steam, or both tournaments. If you don't quote the post, then I don't enter you. Simple as that. I don't need your PSN/Steam usernames since I'm going to be using your GAF name in the brackets, but if you really want to include them, then you can.

I'm gonna make a separate thread for the tournament in the next few days just to keep things easier on myself. I'll explain more stuff there, like the rules and such.

Sign me up for the PSN and Steam tournaments.

Kard8p3

Hopefully, the vita online issues are fixed by the weekend. It plays really well on it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77287431&postcount=92

Thanks!

So as some of you already know (if you read the Fighting Game Weekly thread, at least), I'm gonna be hosting an online GAF tournament for Divekick this weekend. One for PSN and one for Steam. You can feel free to enter both if you wish. Nothing is on the line except your pride.

If you want in, then quote this post (so I can see my own post highlighted as I scroll by) and mention if you're entering the PSN, Steam, or both tournaments. If you don't quote the post, then I don't enter you. Simple as that. I don't need your PSN/Steam usernames since I'm going to be using your GAF name in the brackets, but if you really want to include them, then you can.

I'm gonna make a separate thread for the tournament in the next few days just to keep things easier on myself. I'll explain more stuff there, like the rules and such.

Steam.

Cranzor

Just played online for the first time and was doing better than I thought I would. I played Kick every game, as he's my favorite character so far.

I'll enter the Steam tournament.

Tobe

steam. also here is the challonge acc, tobe1

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Tried playing online, it's just tons of dudes abusing The Baz. Was not fun :(. Tips for combating him?
Charge him. Intercept if he tries to come at you or go over your head. His kick does no damage only the lightning that follows afterwards. The common Baz strategy (should be) to build meter up to the powerful kickfactor ability, so stop that from happening. Watch out for the mighty swing and ground ability, those are giving me problems, no advice.

Ferrio

Banned
Played quite a few games with Hito (gg by the way). Got to finally try out all the characters, and at one point we got a "STAGED" (two double KOs in a row).

Charge him. Intercept if he tries to come at you or go over your head. His kick does no damage only the lightning that follows afterwards. The common Baz strategy (should be) to build meter up to the powerful kickfactor ability, so stop that from happening. Watch out for the mighty swing and ground ability, those are giving me problems, no advice.

Yeah, worry only about the lightning. When they get enough meter for the ground ability be sure that he's not on the ground if you try to hit him because that could be certain death.

So how exactly does Stream play out? Because thats one of the characters i'm going to be using, whenever I get to play... Which is tomorrow. D:

Dahbomb

Yea you have to rushdown Baz so you need a fast character or with a good horizontal dive kick to stuff out his attacks. Get above him and go in on him. When he does the across lightning intercept him (you need to predict this somewhat). If he turns on KF start super jumping and keep away from him until it runs out.

This character is super annoying online (guilty as charged, I discovered this strat myself and use it on Rank) and definitely a scrub killer but if you know this is coming you can beat him with some tact.

Top Bottom