• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divekick |OT| My sneakers are ready

There's a joke in there that makes fun of people who compare this to a Flash game that can be made in one day. The humor in this game is A-OK in my book.

8636B8445C292C1229DEDC9831AC661AE5FFD7B5

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I can't seem to get both of my TE sticks to work on my laptop at the same time. It only lets me set up one stick, and then forces second player to use the keyboard.

Anyone know why?

edit: ok that's strange it works now for some reason

Kioshen

I cannot for the life of me play with Redacted. Her crappy kickback and weird angle gets me in a headshot loop of death ... think I'm going to stay away from her for now.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
that was too free for you :(

I just need to actually learn how s-kill works is my main problem
You need to do two teleports before you can kick. up/dive or back/kick, then up/dive or back/kick from where you end up after the first.

Akira_83

Banned
no arcade mode is bullshit

dont want to have to through story mode just to get to the person i want to fight or see a specific stage

when was the last fighting game that didnt have a mode where you pick your character, the AI character, and the stage and just have fun?

tried playing online last night in ranked and it just kept searching and searching

Akira_83

Banned
im also confused about the markman guy

i was expecting this game to literally be about diving and kicking, very simple

and it still mostly is... but hes based around dropping projectiles all over the arena?

not what i envisioned

Tizoc

no arcade mode is bullshit

dont want to have to through story mode just to get to the person i want to fight or see a specific stage

when was the last fighting game that didnt have a mode where you pick your character, the AI character, and the stage and just have fun?

tried playing online last night in ranked and it just kept searching and searching

sTORY mode sounds like arcade mode to me *shrugs*

FloatOn

First character I picked was S-Kill and all I could get him to do is teleport. Weird.

Dive worked as I expected though and I had a good time using him.

First character I picked was S-Kill and all I could get him to do is teleport. Weird.

Dive worked as I expected though and I had a good time using him.

S-Kill's ground special is a parry, it won't do anything (besides a cool pose) if you don't get hit while using it.

If you succesfully parry an attack (must be above the waist), S-Kill teleports behind the opponent, and he can immediately divekick for a near guaranteed kill/headshot.

EDIT: Oh, if you're saying you were having trouble divekicking, know that S-Kill needs to double 'jump' before he can kick. Both neutral and backwards jumps count. After two jumps, press kick to divekick.

nampad

Anyone know whether the EU PSN version also gets a PS+ discount or not? It's up without right now but the store isn't fully updated yet so the discount could just be missing.

I just lost about 20 matches with Stream, some down to people magically lagging with a 60 ping but mostly down to me sucking. Feels bad, I'm never going to catch up with number 1 now, time to just counterpick everyone.

and it still mostly is... but hes based around dropping projectiles all over the arena?

not what i envisioned

Maybe read up on games before you spend money on them? Also Markman's strat changes drastically depending on the opponent, though he always need to land a kick to kill a character.

Akira_83

Banned
I just lost about 20 matches with Stream, some down to people magically lagging with a 60 ping but mostly down to me sucking. Feels bad, I'm never going to catch up with number 1 now, time to just counterpick everyone.

Maybe read up on games before you spend money on them? Also Markman's strat changes drastically depending on the opponent, though he always need to land a kick to kill a character.

did i complain about the whopping 9.99 i spent?

no

im still happy with my purchase

still think the game is really fun and funny

just sayin... the mentality behind markman seems to be off compared to the "base" characters like dive and kick and kung pao, for example

but maybe that diversity will be needed for long term enjoyment

Enordash

From what I've seen in this thread, I'm going to get blown the hell up this weekend. Most of my success has come from Shoals. Once she gets one headshot, it becomes insanely rough for the other person. I saw someone use S-Kill to pretty decent effect, but he always tried to get kick factor before going in. The Baz is also ridiculous with kick factor. You can get three free rounds off of it.

Wish I was playing Ranked instead of Unranked last night. Got a Total Domination that doesn't count toward the achievement.

Psn: Awerebear, forgot to add it earlier. Good games FluxwaveZ, I was the Markman and Dive you kept running into.

did i complain about the whopping 9.99 i spent?

no

im still happy with my purchase

still think the game is really fun and funny

just sayin... the mentality behind markman seems to be off compared to the "base" characters like dive and kick and kung pao, for example

but maybe that diversity will be needed for long term enjoyment

I enjoy his gimmicky gameplay, its a good variety and unique to the rest of the cast, hes basically Phoenix Wright, still havent got down his kickbox special though.

not what i envisioned

The MarkMan himself wrote a great guide somewhere in this thread, go back a page or two.

I can't seem to get both of my TE sticks to work on my laptop at the same time. It only lets me set up one stick, and then forces second player to use the keyboard.

Anyone know why?

edit: ok that's strange it works now for some reason

I had the same issue yesterday.

Have yet to try again.

Tizoc

Well I'll be Head shot, this is releasing on EU PSN this week! Updating first post, COME ON EU GAF JOIN IN THE FUN!

Just got this. Can't play until evening though.
Not really interested but PS+ Price and cross-save-play-buy made this an impulse buy.

Question, can you boost online trophies?
Most of them need to be in ranked matches. Can I select my oponent in ranked multiplayer?

Mr Baz is tricky to play against at first but once you learn his weaknesses he is easy. I really love this game online when you get close to another it feels intense and satisfying. I am maining mister N now until I try someone else I would prefer. I think I have understood all of the control mechanics which is quite deep infact once you realize your options.

Would love to play against some more people than strangers right now. Anyone up for a fight on VITA?

ScOULaris

Oh, yeah. Went on an 8-fight win streak this morning and it felt so good.

After experimenting a bit, I'm absolutely loving both Markman and Mr. N. Redacted comes in as a third wildcard pick for me.

Markman's antics are so much fun when you're the one in control of him. He's like a friggin' clown, busting out springs and oil slicks. Love it!

PS - Was Stream gimped for this final release version? He's terrible now. I seem to remember his kick being able to extend across more of the screen when I played as him at CEO a month or two ago.

ultron87

It took 10 ranked matches yesterday for me to win my first match. But I'm already seeing improvements in my play.

I'm already thinking way more about my opponent's actions than I ever have before in a fighting game (which is probably why I've always been bad at them). In other games I'd always be worried way more about executing the two combos I've managed to somewhat learn instead of trying to predict my opponent.

Love this game. Really looking forward to having people over to play.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Think of it like an invincible and invisible double jump.
I think I understand now.

I'm already thinking way more about my opponent's actions than I ever have before in a fighting game (which is probably why I've always been bad at them). In other games I'd always be worried way more about executing the two combos I've managed to somewhat learn instead of trying to predict my opponent.
Yup that's me as well, getting beat down while trying to execute moves.

Top Bottom