• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Jag

Shields lol
XU8x9ne.png

Sarcasm

Questions about in the top floor of the tavern in driftwood act 2:

First, I was just excepting stories like in OS1 lol. The lizard prostitute was like undead take me now and then of course ambushed in the morning naked. Is there a way to save the prostitute?

First, I was just excepting stories like in OS1 lol. The lizard prostitute was like undead take me now and then of course ambushed in the morning naked. Is there a way to save the prostitute?

:(

I don't think so...I thought I had found my first true love.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

Uh....why do you need to do that?

She's totally in on the scam - if anything, saving her is the default state if you let the dwarves rob you and then pay for/steal your stuff back later.

IF you start attacking everyone right then and there...IIRC I do remember hearing/seeing on the OS2 forums that as an undead, you may have a dialogue persuade option to have her help you if you pass

Taruranto

Shields lol
XU8x9ne.png

Yeah like, no idea what's up with shields. They have more armor than some pieces combined at times.

Uh....why do you need to do that?

She's totally in on the scam - if anything, saving her is the default state if you let the dwarves rob you and then pay for/steal your stuff back later.

IF you start attacking everyone right then and there...IIRC I do remember hearing/seeing on the OS2 forums that as an undead, you may have a dialogue persuade option to have her help you if you pass

You can have her/him genuinely fall in love with you, s/he even gives you a weapon to defend yourself.

I recommend doing that quest with the
Red Prince
if you have him in your party.

Can someone please help me, I don't know what I need to do.

I just beat Trompdoy and am staring at four soul jars: Trompdoy and the three necromancers. I haven't met these guys yet, but on a previous attempt/save, I took the jars, then went to the Braccus tower and met with them, but I couldn't tell them I had their jars and they just wanted to fight me. It feels like I accidentally did things out of order.

Anyways, I'm looking at the four jars, and I still need to find Gareth, and I need to find some purging wands to kill the shriekers.

Where should I go?

I notice Ifan gets focused down and killed a lot. He's the squishiest party member along with Fane. At least Fane has a shield to give him very high armor. Ifan is a Ranger. He does loads of damage per shot but everyone tries to kill him immediately. Any tactics to deal with this? I fought the scarecrows and I had to retreat to the Paladin fort and get them to help out.

I notice Ifan gets focused down and killed a lot. He's the squishiest party member along with Fane. At least Fane has a shield to give him very high armor. Ifan is a Ranger. He does loads of damage per shot but everyone tries to kill him immediately. Any tactics to deal with this? I fought the scarecrows and I had to retreat to the Paladin fort and get them to help out.

stench

Renekton

Can someone please help me, I don't know what I need to do.

I just beat Trompdoy and am staring at four soul jars: Trompdoy and the three necromancers. I haven't met these guys yet, but on a previous attempt/save, I took the jars, then went to the Braccus tower and met with them, but I couldn't tell them I had their jars and they just wanted to fight me. It feels like I accidentally did things out of order.

Anyways, I'm looking at the four jars, and I still need to find Gareth, and I need to find some purging wands to kill the shriekers.

Where should I go?
Necromancer area:
Even after I had a successful persuasion check with them, they will still not acknowledge you have their soul jars during subsequent conversations. So feel free to destroy the 3 soul jars and they will thank you upon death

Finding Gareth
Gareth is in the fortress north of the burning pigs. The fortress guarded by a shrieker, you should be able to find a climb-able vine.

Purging Wands
1) Find Gareth first. There should be a wand nearby, I think it was at a blind Magister to the northeast of fortress Gareth was in.

2) Far east part of map there is a rose witch which also has a purging wand.

3) You can also ask Gratiana to recharge one depleted purging wand, but I never tried this.

Looking at the mods, I can't wait to start my 2nd playthrough with mods installed.

Tidy Skillbars
If, like me, you're tired of every bloody potion, scroll, grenade, blablabla appearing on your skillbar then this mod is for you.
Fast Run Speed
Increase player run and walk speed by about 25%. Affects animation speed only, not combat stats.
Combat Sneak
Makes sneaking actually usable and useful in combat by reducing the AP cost from 4 to 2.
Combat XP Rebalanced
This mod reduces the XP gained when killing a monster, by roughly 3/4.
Improved Taunt
Makes taunt ignore both types of armor. No other changes.
Reduced Number Bloat
All of these mods reduce vitality scaling. Technically, all these mods do is change the scaling of vitality, and the game automatically calculates the appropriate values for armor and damage from that, so relative balance of vanilla should be maintained. This mod is handy for reducing the need to constantly hunt for gear to re-equip after leveling up, since items should last 2+ levels, depending on the version you select.
Stealth - No Silly Bush Barrels or Rocks

Beat Alexander and it was the first fight it took me a few tries.

I know I can't come back once I leave fort joy so I need to figure out what side quests I need to finish is ce it seems like I have a ton of them still

Renekton

They really need to fix this, persuasion should give more exp than the combat route.
I suspect Larian did this for min-maxers who perform persuasion and then kill them anyways.

I did persuasion as much as I can, and I'm still over-leveled most of the time.
I'm usually either underlevelled or just at par. Going in blind, I missed out on a lot of stuff or didn't solve quests the right way.

Stiler

So is the mask of the shapeshifter broken? Like visually it's not changing my character after I do it once. It still acts like I've changed (IE geting to use the new racial abilities/dialogue reaction) but visually it is like bugged and puts me back into my normal undead body and never switches to any other race cosmetically.

Orcastar

I managed to save her by using the pyramids to teleport the rest of my party in during the dialogue exchange, which initiated the battle but left the prostitute out of combat. Didn't amount to much, just got some extra dialogue with her after the battle.

Regarding the 2nd floor tavern quest act 2. It's completely different if you
play as Ifan.

He will recognize the thief and they will let him go. Then if you choose to forgive the lizard you can have sex with her a 2nd time. After that she will say she's very tired and have to sleep.

But I think this quest is bugged at the end
since if you confront the waiter guy about scamming you he would say he only does that because he has to raise a daughter and she's playing in the kitchen then send you into the kitchen to talk to her if you don't believe him, presumably to get you killed by the cook? Nothing happened to me though and I can't anything more than that.

I'm usually either underlevelled or just at par. Going in blind, I missed out on a lot of stuff or didn't solve quests the right way.

Me too. I missed a lot of quests from each Act. I had at least 10 failed quests on Act 2 alone. I do look up on youtube for the puzzles though.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think some persuasions do give you exp. Or maybe that's just quest completion exp.

Sarcasm

So guys, that prostitute fight is worse then any other fight....

Everybody dies.

They are also lvl 9 while I am 10. What gives...

Orcastar

Regarding the 2nd floor tavern quest act 2. It's completely different if you
play as Ifan.

He will recognize the thief and they will let him go. Then if you choose to forgive the lizard you can have sex with her a 2nd time. After that she will say she's very tired and have to sleep.

But I think this quest is bugged at the end
since if you confront the waiter guy about scamming you he would say he only does that because he has to raise a daughter and she's playing in the kitchen then send you into the kitchen to talk to her if you don't believe him, presumably to get you killed by the cook? Nothing happened to me though and I can't anything more than that.

He sent me to the kitchen too, but nothing happened as I had already killed the cook. However, when I came back to the tavern later, some of the patrons were talking about the waiter disappearing and he was nowhere to be found.

Act 2 is handing me my ass on the regular

i love it

found the 4 heroes in the graveyard, hey this looks easy -> what the fuck are they doing -> nope

alright let's kill this demonic dog -> lol

change of scenery, let's try wrecker's cave -> all of my nope

at least i saved Lizard source Master from the magisters, can't remember the name,
the one who created the deathfog device

Lanrutcon

Actually I mean the Talent Elemental Ranger. I think it don't scale either, right?

Yeah. In fact, I think you'll actually deal less damage if you're Warfare specced since you'll lose the +physical damage. I believe it gets converted to elemental first, then bonuses applied or not applied depending. But no, Geomancy isn't going to help your Earth-infused arrows.

Renekton

2H and Ranger are supposedly the bees knees but I'm not feeling it. Too many resources spent babysitting their squishy arse. 1H is not much inferior to 2H once you get excellent shields, and ranger high ground is hard to keep due to enemies blowing their phoenix/cloak/backlash/mark/AOE on him.

Lanrutcon

2H and Ranger are supposedly the bees knees but I'm not feeling it. Too many resources spent babysitting their squishy arse. 1H is not much inferior to 2H once you get excellent shields, and ranger high ground is hard to keep due to enemies blowing their phoenix/cloak/backlash/mark/AOE on him.

Are you playing with 4 members? Then use 2 to distract while your other 2 rangers rain hell. 2 s&b and 2 rangers work super well.

Are you playing with 2 Lone Wolves? then make em both Rangers and demolish shit. Even on Tactician, 2 Lone Wolf Rangers should be killing 2 to 4 enemies in the first round with Adrenaline.

Also, get your Rangers 2 strength so they can wear platemail.

Top Bottom